PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

WestEndHibee
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
What a signing :top marks

I was a fan of Wotherspoon but swapping him for LC is a swap I'd take any day of the week. :agree:

Wilson
07-10-2013, 09:18 PM

I was a fan of Wotherspoon but swapping him for LC is a swap I'd take any day of the week. :agree:

Me too. Although, DW is turning in some decent performances for the Saints...

Elephant Stone
07-10-2013, 09:19 PM
He'll only be a couple of goals short of Wotherspoon's career goals total for Hibs. An absolute no-brainer of a transaction.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2013, 09:22 PM

Wotherspoon is a decent player, much better than the player we saw over the past couple of years, but I think Craig will get us around 10 goals this season.

Not sure Wotherspoon will score that many for St Johnstone.

jdships
07-10-2013, 09:22 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

banchoryhibs
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Definitely a class player:agree:

frazeHFC
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM

He had a great start for them, but after our game against them I looked on their forum and some were a bit concerned with his performances. Bit hot and cold as it seems.

Craig has been excellent recently and will hopefully be consistent over a whole season, long may his form continue!

NYHibby
07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Wotherspoon is a decent player, much better than the player we saw over the past couple of years, but I think Craig will get us around 10 goals this season.

He has already scored 6 this season so 10 is not that ambitious of a target. I would be disappointed if he only scores another 4 goals this season.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2013, 09:43 PM
He has already scored 6 this season so 10 is not that ambitious of a target. I would be disappointed if he only scores another 4 goals this season.

Sorry, I meant 10 league goals.

Tonight was his 3rd.

LioNeilMessi
07-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Sorry, I meant 10 league goals.

Tonight was his 3rd.

Well recovered :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
The pundits weren't exactly gushing and fawning in the style of a Beckham/Rooney/... Wonder strike

Diclonius
Only two more goals until he scores as many for us as he has against us. :aok:

Seriously though, Craig has been an excellent signing.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Well recovered :greengrin

Thank you.

I thought so too. :wink:

Unseen work
07-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Thought he was very poor tonight, so was most the players to be fair.

Brilliant finish on weaker foot tho

Kato
07-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd make him Captain simply because out of all the players he wants to win most and shows it. Great signing by Fenlon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Saints fan that I know thinks that it was a fair swap with no losers in the deal. Good for both sides then.

WestEndHibee
07-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Thought he was very poor tonight, so was most the players to be fair.

Brilliant finish on weaker foot tho

Yep granted he didn't have the best of games today but look what he offers even without playing particularly well. That for me is the difference.

Davy Mac
07-10-2013, 10:42 PM
The pundits weren't exactly gushing and fawning in the style of a Beckham/Rooney/... Wonder strike

The Scottish media punditry are a bunch of negative, bitter, chip on their shoulder fannies. Instead of talking up the game they want to talk gash and whine like mules - In fact Dodds was slating us from what I heard on the radio coming back.

For me it was a beautiful finish and doubt many other current Scottish midfielders could finish like that oh wait unless they play for the ugly sisters - **** them

s2hart
07-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Great singing he is turning out to be, is he the current day Pat McGinley? :dunno:

Scottie
08-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Great singing he is turning out to be, is he the current day Pat McGinley? :dunno:
Pat Pat super Pat super Pat McGinley

Oh how I wish he was still playing for us.Tazmanian devil but a touch like a wizard.

Liams got a way to go to match Pat but fantastic start to his Hibs career. Well done Liam :thumbsup:

Baader
08-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Brilliant instinctive finish for his goal. A lot of strikers can't finish as well as that

LeithBoozy
08-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Brilliant instinctive finish for his goal. A lot of strikers can't finish as well as that

Bang-on it was a great finish, If you watch the highlights, Liam has his arm up calling for Zoubir to find him. Thankfully for us the wee man noticed the call, a class goal resulted. :wink:

jdships
08-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Bang-on it was a great finish, If you watch the highlights, Liam has his arm up calling for Zoubir to find him. Thankfully for us the wee man noticed the call, a class goal resulted. :wink:

If you watch the highlights again closely you will notice Zoubir looks up and sees Craig in space
Credit where credit is due to the " wee man" :greengrin

jacomo
08-10-2013, 03:09 PM
If you watch the highlights again closely you will notice Zoubir looks up and sees Craig in space
Credit where credit is due to the " wee man" :greengrin

You'll also see some inept marking by Thistle's defence. Still, a good strike in an otherwise poor game.

jdships
08-10-2013, 03:28 PM
You'll also see some inept marking by Thistle's defence. Still, a good strike in an otherwise poor game.

Agree but surely Z deserves some credit for spotting this ? :rolleyes:
Go on he deserves at least a mention :confused:

RSS Bot
09-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Liam speaks exclusively to Hibernian TV

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131009/craig-the-joy-of-six_2262950_3487415)