View Full Version : Match Updates Partick Thistle 0 v 1 Hibernian

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

SkintHibby
07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
We look poor but we'll scrape a 1-0 win tonight.:agree:

We are sooooooooooooo predictable! :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
A bit of luck? your either good enough to put the ball in the net or your not.

Ok then, if we didn't have Williams in goal.

They say good teams still win when playing bad. Hahaha

Cameron1875
Barry!!

SJNB Hibby
And 21 points clear of THEM now as well:na na:

Diclonius
It was a miracle we won that game.

Pedantic_Hibee
21 points ahead of Hearts? Surely not? I thought they were going to overtake us by end of October? Unless there's 8 league games between now and the 31st, I think the deluded maroons have once again made themselves look a wee bit silly.

Stringer
With Williams in nets Fenlon will keep his job

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Anyone who thought Nelson played well is on drugs.

Thank you:agree:

Thecat23

take that partick!!! Ouch

hahaha

mutley
Wow, just wow , no way were we winning that game! But I'll take a scrappy 3 points over a well played draw any day of the week .

Williams MOTM without a doubt and we are up to equal 4th.

HH81
Wait till those at the game get home and see the stupid posts, they will be pissing themselves. :agree:

brydekirk
That was terrible to watch, glad of the three points but we are dire.

McKenzie
Joint fourth going in to the international break, got to be happy with that considering the start to the season. It may not be pretty but it is another win.

steakbake
Well done Hibs

That's all that's needed, eh?

3 points, poor performance but that's all.

blaikie
We won im happy with that!

Danderhall Hibs
Partick might have had a lot of the ball but they didn't do much with it. Let's stop talking them up like they're Barca or something.

Williams more than made up for last week's performance tonight.

carnoustiehibee
IMG_7360.png

Speedway
I'm not even going to attempt to defend that performance but tactically, despite riding our luck, Fenlon has been vindicated. Two banks of four, keep it tight and then stretch it with Zoubir.

I'll take the 3 points happily although performance levels have to improve.
Keep it tight then stretch it, it's the Fenlon way

Bristolhibby
Proud. Very proud.

J

Tyler Durden
I'm not even going to attempt to defend that performance but tactically, despite riding our luck, Fenlon has been vindicated. Two banks of four, keep it tight and then stretch it with Zoubir.

I'll take the 3 points happily although performance levels have to improve.

Except we didn't keep it tight. Thistle had 4 pretty clear cut chances.

Delighted with the win but I'll be more delighted when Pat Fenlon leaves Hibs. Awful way to approach the game home or away.

Hibtastic
07-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Hopefully that restores a bit of confidence after the inverness game. Looking for an improved performance against the unwashed lot.

GoldenEagle
Horrible, horrible 'performance' and nothing to make me want a change what I said earlier. E.g a new manager if he cannot accept the fact football is an entertainment business.

Sadly with the result we'll see more of the same though :)

Aldo
21 points ahead of Hearts? Surely not? I thought they were going to overtake us by end of October? Unless there's 8 league games between now and the 31st, I think the deluded maroons have once again made themselves look a wee bit silly.

I'd be surprised if they won 8 games all season let alone in 3 weeks. ;-)

#FromTheCapital
It's not often we get outplayed so much and come away with 3 points. Luckily for us Patrick couldn't score in a Dutch brothel. Zouby made a huge difference and Williams secured the win with some excellent saves. Not taking a lot of confidence from that performance though, a wins a win but other teams would hammer us if we play like that.

Kato
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
The better team lost tonight............

Marginally better in patches. At times they were just as poor if not worse than us. Rotten conditions.

Hiber-nation
Wait till those at the game get home and see the stupid posts, they will be pissing themselves. :agree:

Just spoken to someone at the game, he thought we were awful.

Andy74
Never expected anything pretty in those conditions. I'll take gritty though.

Mind when the likes of Hughes and Collins got stick for sticking too much to pretty football with no plan B and no way to win games in crap conditions away from home ?

Now it seems more important to be pretty all the time.

Hibs fans for you.

Wasn't great but that's some very decent away results now.

A midfielder with 6 goals in October. Aye I'll have some of that.

AlbertK86
phew

very poor eye bleeding performance but hey ho 3 more points in the bag

ONLY 21 POINTS ahead of the losers !!

Thomson, Robertson and Williams only pass marks for me

Defence - all of them were a shambles... just as well Thistle couldnae score in a brothel

Thecat23
Partick might have had a lot of the ball but they didn't do much with it. Let's stop talking them up like they're Barca or something.

Williams more than made up for last week's performance tonight.

No one is saying that at all. Giving credit were its due Thistle WERE the better team and didn't deserve to lose it. We're just saying Hibs got lucky and if you can't see that I have no idea what you were watching.

spike220
This.

The satisfaction in winning like this is minimal.

Absolutely disgraceful 'football'.
How are those satisfaction levels now? Given the conditions I will take the win and think Fenlon was not too far away with his tactics.

Col2

But we are all still SO proud, so very proud.

Frazerbob
07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
That game went EXACTLY to Fenlon's plan. Bore everyone to death for an hour with turgid football whilst taking no risks then try to win it with a smash 'n' grab goal near the end. A couple of years ago, when we were rock bottom, we'd be delighted with that but surely now we need to be looking for a bit more from the team.

Hibtastic
07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Must have got a bollocking at half time

Pedantic_Hibee
07-10-2013, 08:43 PM
But we are all still SO proud, so very proud.

I'm as proud as punch just now. Tears.

Speedway
07-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Williams: it was a tough match because we made it tough for ourselves.

Makaveli
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
What a difference Zoubir makes! So refreshing to see someone willing to move the ball forward quickly.

Great three points but we were unwatchable for all but a 5-minute spell.

Kato
Mind when the likes of Hughes and Collins got stick for sticking too much to pretty football with no plan B and no way to win games in crap conditions away from home ?

Hibs fans for you.

After the football we've seen since 2007 I'll take winning games for now.

GlenrothesHibee
Brilliant win Hibs. Its all about putting the ball in the net

Thecat23
Mind when the likes of Hughes and Collins got stick for sticking too much to pretty football with no plan B and nicest to win gMes in crap conditions away from home ?

Hibs fans for you.

Can't argue with the results Andy, I think it's the way we got this one. Thistle played much better football and should have won going on chances. But it's 3 points and that's what matters.

Even though we won its shown me Pat does not attack anywhere near enough and everyone who watched that knew we were lucky. Well we're not lucky every week as last week showed. We must start playing more attacking football or the fans will stay away that was truly dire.

Andy74
That game went EXACTLY to Fenlon's plan. Bore everyone to death for an hour with turgid football whilst taking no risks then try to win it with a smash 'n' grab goal near the end. A couple of years ago, when we were rock bottom, we'd be delighted with that but surely now we need to be looking for a bit more from the team.

Eventually. Winning regularly first would be a nice start.

IWasThere2016
Great result .. A great performance will come along sometime!

weecounty hibby
07-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Except we didn't keep it tight. Thistle had 4 pretty clear cut chances.

Delighted with the win but I'll be more delighted when Pat Fenlon leaves Hibs. Awful way to approach the game home or away.
Seriously have a word. Delighted to win but more delighted for the manager to leave. For that to happen we need to lose so you cant be that delighted with the win then. By your logic you would rather we kept losing until we sack the manager. I despair sometimes

inglisavhibs
Forster for Hanlon and McPake for Nelson next game please.
They are the least of our problems. Thomson and Mcgivern improved a bit in the second half and we scored a great goal but in truth we were outplayed again by a team with a fraction of our resources. Football can be a cruel game and Partick must be thinking the world's against them.

hibIBZ
Wasn't good football and rode our luck with some excellent goalkeeping. However a wins a win. Certain players were poor and feel we are far too slow and predictable, but 3 points and 4th in the league

Kato
No one is saying that at all. Giving credit were its due Thistle WERE the better team and didn't deserve to lose it. We're just saying Hibs got lucky and if you can't see that I have no idea what you were watching.

Was Craig lucky to put the ball in the pokey whilst Plastic Whistle players were slamming over the bar most of the time? Was Williams lucky to make the saves he made?

Aldo

Yip the sim if the game is to score more goals than yur opponents and that's what we did.

However we were poor for long long spells in this game but we took a chance.

We will not get away with playing this bad again and securing the points.

Papering over the cracks once again.

Happy with 3 points though

Pretty Boy
How are those satisfaction levels now? Given the conditions I will take the win and think Fenlon was not too far away with his tactics.

Pretty underwhelmed.

Glad of the 3 points but it was dire to watch.

Thistle weren't great either imo. Poor game, poor Hibs performance.

If an away performance like that was a one off then i, and i'd assume others, would accept it but that's how we play a lot of the time. Moving forward we need to get a balance between being 'gritty' and actually being half decent to watch and being able to dictate a game.

clerriehibs
07-10-2013, 08:46 PM

So what? We're unlucky often enough. I'll take lucky on the odd occasion it comes our way.

Hiber-nation
**** off!!! Seriously have a word. Delighted to win but more delighted for the manager to leave. For that to happen we need to lose so you cant be that delighted with the win then. By your logic you would rather we kept losing until we sack the manager. I despair sometimes

I want us to win every game but I'd be delighted if we were spared that anti-football.

Jack Hackett

The earliest they can overtake us now is 21st December.....If they beat Celtic at Darkheid :greengrin

cmcd
What a difference Zoubir makes! So refreshing to see someone willing to move the ball forward quickly.

Great three points but we were unwatchable for all but a 5-minute spell.
Yip but a wins a win

Kato

Yeah I'd much rather we went three up front on that kind of pitch and take a humping.

Hibtastic
07-10-2013, 08:47 PM
After the football we've seen since 2007 I'll take winning games for now.

Agree with this. Some more "flair" players in january might help.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Was Craig lucky to put the ball in the pokey whilst Plastic Whistle players were slamming over the bar most of the time? Was Williams lucky to make the saves he made?

I could say yes he was. What's your point? I'm not arguing about a 1-0 win. I'm stating Partick were a lot better and were unlucky not to win. I mind us doing the same to Aberdeen at ER and they got a goal and won 1-0 they were very lucky. So again what's your point? You think we deserved it aye?

Allant1981
07-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Anyone who thought Nelson played well is on drugs.

I must be on drugs cause i thought he played well, couple of mistakes but generally was alright

judas
07-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Agreed. We bash Hearts for industrial football, now we are becoming the masters of it.

Kato
07-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Thistle played much better football

Must have missed the "much better" bit. At times they were woeful. Their best chances came from hoofs up the park and one from a hopeful ball in the box.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 08:50 PM
So what? We're unlucky often enough. I'll take lucky on the odd occasion it comes our way.

Jeezo read what I'm saying. I'm as happy as the next and said Partick were unlucky. I don't care they lost I'd rather we just started attacking. But if you think the fans will except that week in week out just watch how many we get along. It was so bad!

Off the bar
07-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Stuart maccall is a fud

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Must have missed the "much better" bit. At times they were woeful. Their best chances came from hoofs up the park and one from a hopeful ball in the box.

Yep must have, until OTJ came on our midfield was over run with good football. So yeah you must have missed it.

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2013, 08:52 PM

I could say yes he was. What's your point? I'm not arguing about a 1-0 win. I'm stating Partick were a lot better and were unlucky not to win. I mind us doing the same to Aberdeen at ER and they got a goal and won 1-0 they were very lucky. So again what's your point? You think we deserved it aye?

I'm not saying we were good - we weren't. But they weren't good either, most of their chances were created by our defenders. They couldn't take their chances we did.

Hibtastic
Stuart maccall is a fud

Again I much prefer listening to him and mcallister than the bbc mob

Frazerbob
Yeah I'd much rather we went three up front on that kind of pitch and take a humping.

Eh? Where did I say anything to suggest that?

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Att: 4,521

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Pretty underwhelmed.

Glad of the 3 points but it was dire to watch.

Thistle weren't great either imo. Poor game, poor Hibs performance.

If an away performance like that was a one off then i, and i'd assume others, would accept it but that's how we play a lot of the time. Moving forward we need to get a balance between being 'gritty' and actually being half decent to watch and being able to dictate a game.

Well said, but watch some folk on here can't handle the truth. We both know it's not a one off. Battered last week, outplayed for much of this week. So for me great to get three points but far from impressed.

Aldo
07-10-2013, 08:54 PM

Sorry disagree. Thistle played some very good football yet no end result. We ride our luck at times and Ben made 3 cracking saves.

Watching the rerun of chances. Bit more than hoofs for me.

We scored a goal with some positive football and great finish.

Happy with 3 points don't get me wrong but as far away from how we should be playing at times as we can be.

weecounty hibby
**** me. Remember the 1-0 to the Arsenal days? I never heard a single Arsenal fan complain about that and they did it for years. They didnt always play like they are at the moment. We are doing what we need to and IMO improving and moving up the league. We would have lost that game last season but we dug in and got a win tonight. PF is obviously not everyones cup of tea but steady progress IS being made. "One nil to the Hibees" I'd love to sing that every week!!!!!

Kato
I could say yes he was.

Oh. OK then.

I'm stating Partick were a lot better and were unlucky not to win.

I don't see where they had "bad luck".

You think we deserved it aye?

Take a look at the result in the papers tomorrow. A wishy washy Partick side who play tippy tappy football in midfield with zero cutting edge and little purpose couldn't put the ball in the pokey. Zouby and Craig combined to score a cracker. On a night like tonight that's all it takes.

Full Time: Them nowt - Hibs One, fully deserved.

Frazerbob
07-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Fenlon getting a couple of digs in during his Radio Scotland interview. Actually liked his wee comment after Chic said that we are now joint 4th with Aberdeen....."yes, and they've had a great start to the season, well done to them" (or words to that effect).

Andy74
Jeezo read what I'm saying. I'm as happy as the next and said Partick were unlucky. I don't care they lost I'd rather we just started attacking. But if you think the fans will except that week in week out just watch how many we get along. It was so bad!

Away from home. I'll take that sort of stuff. We've been missing the ability to win ugly in these sorts of games for years. 3 points from away games is massive.

WhileTheChief..
Nelson getting a lot of stick on here for one slip he made. We all know he can't pass but he clears everything that comes near him. Defense is far more stable since he came in. No way I would drop him for McPake or Foster.

Kato
07-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Thistle played some very good football

Your standards of what constitutes "very good football" are obviously lower than mine.

Judas Iscariot

Hibs fans for you.

Pity near 8k Hibees would appear to disagree with you...

Andy74
Well said, but watch some folk on here can't handle the truth. We both know it's not a one off. Battered last week, outplayed for much of this week. So for me great to get three points but far from impressed.

Winning games isn't really becoming a one off is it?

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm not saying we were good - we weren't. But they weren't good either, most of their chances were created by our defenders. They couldn't take their chances we did.

I don't mind playing the odd bad game and winning, but every game is the same. Until the change it was rotten to the core. Hopefully we start playing FOOTBALL not hoofball while picking up wins.

nonshinyfinish
Nelson getting a lot of stick on here for one slip he made. We all know he can't pass but he clears everything that comes near him. Defense is far more stable since he came in. No way I would drop him for McPake or Foster.

Agree with that. Rather agricultural, but overall he's doing a good job.

joe breezy

Thistle need strengthening - with a decent striker they would have won 3-1 tonight

Both Doolan and Higginbotham missed sitters

They tried to play football - wasn't great but better to watch than Hibs

The had 55% of possession and at one point were 5/0 up on shots on goal

They looked much better to me at that point

Glad Hibs got the points but wouldn't have minded a draw either

Thistle will finish well above the doomed anyway, if the doomed finish the season

Kato
07-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Eh? Where did I say anything to suggest that? Get a grip ya tit!

Brilliant.

Thecat23
Winning games isn't really becoming a one off is it?

Just like our shocking start that you ignored. That wasn't a one off either. We are far from an entertaining side in fact miles off.

Andy74

8k?

OsloHibs
4th in the league now :aok:

Andy74
Just like our shocking start that you ignored. That wasn't a one off either. We are far from an entertaining side in fact miles off.

I didn't ignore it at all.

Pete
07-10-2013, 08:59 PM

Is that the 8000 who's only games are ones at hampden?

Kato

I found sneaking the win from the only decent cross and shot in the whole game hugely entertaining.

Hiber-nation

But he makes a mistake like that in every game. Usually costs us a goal but luckily Thistle's forwards were poor and Williams bailed him out this time.

joe breezy
Oh and Hibs were lucky, lucky we were up against a team that are so bad in an attacking sense that they haven't scored from open play all season

That's pretty lucky

Paisley Hibby
Far from happy with the performance. Much better after the subs though. But with the games coming up Hibs and Fenlon better up their act big time. But at least it's the three points.

Agree. The sad thing is that with the squad we have we should easily win games like tonight's and should be challenging for second place. But whenever we need to be tactically cute because up against better players (eg Celtic) or better motivated players (eg Yams) I don't think Fenlon has any more to give.

RSS Bot
07-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Smash and grab victory

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131007/partick-thistle-0-hibernian-1_2262950_3484911)

hibee316
07-10-2013, 09:00 PM

You are entitled to your opinion.

As am I. You are tiresome and dull.

There, I said it! :)

Hiber-nation
07-10-2013, 09:01 PM

He might well be but he is 100% correct :wink:

gringojoe
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Michael Stewart is sobbing his wee heart out.

Sammy7nil
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
**** me. Remember the 1-0 to the Arsenal days? I never heard a single Arsenal fan complain about that and they did it for years. They didnt always play like they are at the moment. We are doing what we need to and IMO improving and moving up the league. We would have lost that game last season but we dug in and got a win tonight. PF is obviously not everyones cup of tea but steady progress IS being made. "One nil to the Hibees" I'd love to sing that every week!!!!!

So would I but we re MILES away from winning every week ans when we do win we are OFTEN DIRE to watch :confused:

07-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Not at all pretty to watch, we played some pretty dire stuff at times and no question Partick were the better side so i'm sure they will feel very hard done by. But hey ho, 3 points is still 3 points and i'd rather play terribly and win than play like barcelona and loose.

3 points and 21 points ahead of the "big team", enjoy it while it lasts, they'll be above us next month apparently :greengrin:flag:

Pete
07-10-2013, 09:04 PM
But he makes a mistake like that in every game. Usually costs us a goal but luckily Thistle's forwards were poor and Williams bailed him out this time.

Every player makes mistakes during a game. What he done tonight more than made up for it.

Hanlon and Nelson played well and weren't troubled that much.

StevieC
Your standards of what constitutes "very good football" are obviously lower than mine.

It's Scottish football .. all our standards are lower. :greengrin

Mikey
Let's cut out the name calling folks. It's getting late and the grumpier admins tend to be the ones who stay up longer :greengrin

I'm off to bed :wink:

Judas Iscariot
8k?

Over 16k at ER against Malmo but as of late toiling to get 9k Hibs fans at ER...

hibeedonald
Very frustrating game to watch, really pissed off at Fenlon for negative approach to the match, think we have good enough players and it was down to a bit of individual brilliance that won us the game. I'm worried that Fenlon will only be encouraged more to set up with the negative approach in future.

And why does Zoubir not start?

Hiber-nation
07-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Every player makes mistakes during a game. What he done tonight more than made up for it.

You really are serious? They were all over the place yet again!

kentao
Really happy about the three points. Was worried about this game after seeing Thistle a couple of times this season and was really impressed with how they play and create chances. I felt we were lucky to get a smash and grab tonight as Thistle were the better team. Glad Bens back to his normal performances with 3 top class saves and keeping us in the game.

I would love to watch a Hibs team that play like Partick, If they had a better finisher up top they could do some damage with the way they play.

Another vital 3 points and now 21 points ahead of hahahahearts

GGTTH

Kato
Yep must have, until OTJ came on our midfield was over run with good football. So yeah you must have missed it.

Well I watched the whole game and saw them make passes most of which led to the square root of diddly. That isn't good football.

Www1875hfc
07-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Can I just add by saying,"Mind the gap Jambo's" :cb

Thecat23

Haha fair dos.

For the record I'm miles from tiresome and dull if you know me. I'm only stating how many fans see it. If you enjoyed it fine I didn't. Maybe because my life is so full of thrills that, that game bored me ;)

hibeedonald

Nelson strolled most of the game but some horrendous bomb scare moments like when he put Doolan through on goal. Thought Mcgivern played poorly, Stevenson did well though. Hanlon pretty solid except that mix up with williams.

Andy74
Over 16k at ER against Malmo but as of late toiling to get 9k Hibs fans at ER...

Might as well go the whole way and quote cup final crowds.

carnoustiehibee
07-10-2013, 09:08 PM

Out fishing tonight again I see.

green.and.white
Anyone have a clue when the highlights go up anywhere? Missed the game so haven't seen the goal

Thecat23
Well I watched the whole game and saw them make passes most of which led to the square root of diddly. That isn't good football.

Now that I agree, lots of passes yeah which eventually hibs closed off. I enjoyed a lot of there passing though and admire they tried to play.

BroxburnHibee
Let's cut out the name calling folks. It's getting late and the grumpier admins tend to be the ones who stay up longer :greengrin

I'm off to bed :wink:

Exactly :tee hee:

Waxy
We must sort out our defence. Once we do that we'll have a great team.
I'd go as far as dropping the whole back four for that.
However well done Hibs on getting out of there with a win.

Pete
07-10-2013, 09:09 PM
You really are serious? They were all over the place yet again!

No they weren't in my opinion. Pretty solid.

Cue the " what game were you watching" back and forth. :-)

Hibtastic
Could be worse. We could be Hearts...

Allant1981
We must sort out our defence. Once we do that we'll have a great team.
I'd go as far as dropping the whole back four for that.
However well done Hibs on getting out of there with a win.

The defence that just kept a clean sheet

HH81

It is not worth the hassle trying to explain. Just accept Partick were as good as brazil and were unlucky to get zero.

Football is about winning, some people would have taken a 2-0 loss.

Pete
Out fishing tonight again I see.

You had a few again?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Haha fair dos.

For the record I'm miles from tiresome and dull if you know me. I'm only stating how many fans see it. If you enjoyed it fine I didn't. Maybe because my life is so full of thrills that, that game bored me ;)

Ah you're into naked bungee jumping and extreme ironing? ;)

Hiber-nation
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
No they weren't in my opinion. Pretty solid.

Cue the " what game were you watching" back and forth. :-)

Well I'm not going to watch it again to prove my point that's for sure :wink:

carnoustiehibee
07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
You had a few again?

Hahaha!

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
It is not worth the hassle trying to explain. Just accept Partick were as good as brazil and were unlucky to get zero.

Football isn't all about winning actually. It's a mix of entertaining as well as winning. So that's *****! Also not one fan would except a 2-0 loss.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Ah you're into naked bungee jumping and extreme ironing? ;)

SSShhhhh not many know that on here :D

Allant1981
07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Football isn't all about winning actually. It's a mix of entertaining as well as winning. So that's *****! Also not one fan would except a 2-0 loss.

Have to disagree, for me its all about winning, really dont care if we are behind in all the stats or dont play like brazil as long as we win

Hibtastic
07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Stuart maccall is a fud

Again I much prefer listening to him and mcallister than the bbc mob

IanM
07-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Distribution terrible, movement lacking, attempts few however, play poorly pick up 3 points.. When we start playing poor and not picking up points, I'll have a moan..

International break gives us time to get maybury and some of the other absentees back..

HH81
07-10-2013, 09:14 PM

So you would rather five 4-3 losses or five crap 1-0 wins?

gringojoe
07-10-2013, 09:15 PM

If you want entertained go to the pictures.

Elephant Stone
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
That was dire but we've now won 3 of our last 4 and have lost only 1 in the last 7. How long have Hibs fans been moaning about being too soft? Not being able to get results when the going gets tough? That's what we're doing. Performances can only get better.

Thecat23
Have to disagree, for me its all about winning, really dont care if we are behind in all the stats or dont play like brazil as long as we win

That's cool mate, I've nothing against folk who don't bother how we play as long as we win. I'm not asking for Brazil either. 3 passes strung together would be a start. Delighted with 3 points gutted with performance. Don't see why folk get bothered about the truth that's all?

IanM

Did you Cheer when we scored? Yes, enjoying yourself :)

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM

Shut it Bobby!!!!!!

Kato
07-10-2013, 09:18 PM

The most disappointing thing for me was the pitch getting a heavy soaking so close to kick-off. In better conditions I reckon both teams would have shown a lot more and we, probably, would have been more convincing winners.

Have seen Hibs teams down the years and recently who play that tippy tappy stuff PT played with no purpose whatsoever. They got slaughtered by the Hibs fans, yet seemingly tonight PT were some kind soccer equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters.

I'm glad were learning to grit things out and win games like that, with wins comes confidence and with confidence comes better football. Fenlon didn't set the team up to play as they did in the 1st half (which stank), the players are over the line by that time and must show better control and a bit higher tempo - but we stuck it out and won with the only good move of the game. Will do me for the time being.

frazeHFC

It was pretty awful to watch but we wanted a win and we got one. If someone said we play like that against Celtic but sneak a 1-0 win i'd bite their hand off for it! :tee hee: It is so much more pleasing when we play well, like the St Mirren home game, but more than happy with an ugly win tonight!

Thecat23
Did you Cheer when we scored? Yes, enjoying yourself

No I sat and pumped my fist at Fenlon :D yes I did. 88 mins I sat drained but for 2 mins I was delighted.

Same here, i want to be winning and finishing as high up the league as possible. I want us to be finishing in good positions, winning trophies etc. and you can only achieve that by winning games so although I love watching hibs play fancy, entertaining football, I will take a scrappy win anyday.

Allant1981
07-10-2013, 09:19 PM
That's cool mate, I've nothing against folk who don't bother how we play as long as we win. I'm not asking for Brazil either. 3 passes strung together would be a start. Delighted with 3 points gutted with performance. Don't see why folk get bothered about the truth that's all?

I agree we werent great and partick were the better team but id take scrappy one nils all season long

bingo70
07-10-2013, 09:19 PM

Why does entertaining football have to mean losses?

I'm with the cat here, if we go to play entertaining football the chances are we'll win more often, if we go into every game playing for draws of course we'll scrape the odd win from time to time but more often than not it'll just be pish that ends in a draw or defeat.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:20 PM
It was pretty awful to watch but we wanted a win and we got one. If someone said we play like that against Celtic but sneak a 1-0 win i'd bite their hand off for it! :tee hee: It is so much more pleasing when we play well, like the St Mirren home game, but more than happy with an ugly win tonight!

See I agree with you if it was Celtic would be funny as. Sadly it's Partck and we really I'm all honesty shouldn't be getting outplayed for long spells to them. We have a good squad and played the right way could give teams in this piss poor league a doing.

trev the hat
07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
I'll take smash & grab away from home every week, a lot better than last Sat. Home wins are vital now as teams with better front players will put games like tonight away no question. A welcome 3 points with tough games ahead after the break. I really hope we're more offensive at ER in games ahead.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Why does entertaining football have to mean losses?

I'm with the cat here, if we go to play entertaining football the chances are we'll win more often, if we go into every game playing for draws of course we'll scrape the odd win from time to time but more often than not it'll just be pish that ends in a draw or defeat.

Took the words out my mouth. If we set up not to lose and get pinned back chances are we will lose. Exception of the odd win. I'm glad someone sees what I'm trying to say. Just a team that is entertaining to watch that's all.

Kato
07-10-2013, 09:22 PM
if we go to play entertaining football the chances are we'll win more often,

Veterans who watched Jim Duffy's version of Hibs and John Hughes version of Hibs might disagree

portycabbage
07-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Might go and see "Diana", I've heard it's f***ing terrible. BOOOO!!

Tyler Durden
07-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Seriously have a word. Delighted to win but more delighted for the manager to leave. For that to happen we need to lose so you cant be that delighted with the win then. By your logic you would rather we kept losing until we sack the manager. I despair sometimes

Or more realistically we'll stumble through this season watching dire football like tonight and finish 6th or 7th. Fenlons contract won't be renewed and I'll be delighted at the prospect of a new manager who values possession and entertainment.

Seriously.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Veterans who watched Jim Duffy's version of Hibs and John Hughes version of Hibs might disagree

I watched both. Hughes tactics and signings for me let him down. Duffy well nothing good came from him. What about the older lads who watched hibs in the 70's? They complain much? Don't think they do!!

Bostonhibby
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
See I agree with you if it was Celtic would be funny as. Sadly it's Partck and we really I'm all honesty shouldn't be getting outplayed for long spells to them. We have a good squad and played the right way could give teams in this piss poor league a doing.

:agree: Am happy with the win but better teams would have been out of sight before we got our first decent shot on target tonight. We have the players to be much more adventurous in this league, next test is against the better teams in the coming weeks, oh and the yam, have they caught us up yet?

rcarter1
07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Crackin result, not exactly a dominant performance, but league wise things are going in the right direction.

In terms of our 'style' factor, here are some stats for the season so far (SPFL -BBC website reports)

SHOTS on Target Table (Average/match)
Partick Thistle 5.55
Dundee Utd 4.67
Celtic 4.25
St.Johnstone 4.11
Motherwell 3.89
Inverness Calais Thistle 3.67
HoMoFC 3.67
Ross County 3.56
Aberdeen 3.56
Kilmarnock 3.33
St Mirren 3.25
Hibs 3.22

TOTAL Shots (Average/match)
Celtic 12.65
Partick 12
Motherwell 11.22
Dundee Utd 9.77
St Johnstone 9.67
Inverness CT 9.67
Ross County 9.67
Aberdeen 9
St Mirren 8.875
Hibs 8.55
Hearts 8.44
Kilmarnock 7.66

:nerd:

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
:agree: Am happy with the win but better teams would have been out of sight before we got our first decent shot on target tonight. We have the players to be much more adventurous in this league, next test is against the better teams in the coming weeks, oh and the yam, have they caught us up yet?

That's all I'm saying, defo have a team that could have a real go and win. I believe outwith Celtic and maybe Dons our squad is the best. Good enough to play the ball on the ground. We do that and we will beat hearts with ease.

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2013, 09:27 PM
We won, thats terrific. :top marks I fell asleep when it was 0-0 after 20 minutes, did i miss much? :confused:

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
We won, thats terrific. :top marks I fell asleep when it was 0-0 after 20 minutes, did i miss much? :confused:

Don't BH, just don't :D

Kato
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I watched both. Hughes tactics and signings for me let him down. Duffy well nothing good came from him. What about the older lads who watched hibs in the 70's? They complain much? Don't think they do!!

Saw that team as well - been watching Hibs in the hope of a repeat since. It wasn't built in a day and had foundations in great defence with some hard-nuts in it. Hughes and Duffy, like some fans, thought all you had to do was attack and that all would be well. Neither had a scooby doo how to play entertaining, winning football.

Hedlund12
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Anyone have a clue when the highlights go up anywhere? Missed the game so haven't seen the goal

I think they said on Sportscene last night that the highlights would be available online after midnight on Monday. But don't quote me on it!! The goal - good assist by Zoubby and well placed into the top corner by Craig. IMO Craig has to take a lot of credit for the progress he has made this season.... We will play much better this season and get nothing.... although Thistle will feel hard done by to take nothing from the game Very happy with the win....... a steal for Hibs but as Pat said in his post match interview "It was a big TREE points for us!" Well done Hibs!!!

ronaldo7
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
That was absolutely dire in the extreme. Glad we got the 3 points, and moves us up into the top 6. Hopefully we can now concentrate on moving the ball forward instead of back every time. I'm all for keeping the ball, but when we're on the edge of their box and move it back to our goalie then the games a bogie.

We started as if we were reading the sunday papers, and quickly got worse. Happy that Pat got stuck into them at half time as we improved slightly but we stole 3 points tonight.

Move onto the next game when another 3 points will be good lads, and a performance alongside it would be good too.

#outofmaryhillfast

wookie70
07-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Delighted with the win but until Zoubir came on we were shocking offensively. Great goalkeeping saved us tonight and we were very lucky to get the 3 points. We were so slow and predictable. I would drop Collins and play Zoubir from the start. We seem to start to play better football as a group the instance Zoubir comes on. When Collins is up front we seem to hit it early and long. This makes no sense as he is pretty poor in the air and loses the ball often when under pressure. I thought he was very similar tonight to his performance at St Johnstone. First touch was a shot and not strong enough. Heffernan, although smaller, uses his body far better and looks sharper around the box and more able to bring teammates into the game. I thought KT was excellent tonight and OTJ looked pretty good when he came on too. Zoubir must be close to starting now and we desperately need Maybury fit as McGivern doesn't look at the races to me.

Well done to the team on a gritty performance but tonight was the prime example to me that winning isn't everything. Entertainment is possibly more important to me particularly when there is little or no chance of relagation. We look like we have the players capable of playing and for 10 mins or so we looked pretty decent on the ball. I can't understand why we don't try to play like that from the start.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Saw that team as well - been watching Hibs in the hope of a repeat since. It wasn't built in a day and had foundations in great defence with some hard-nuts in it. Hughes and Duffy, like some fans, thought all you had to do was attack and that all would be well. Neither had a scooby doo how to play entertaining, winning football.

I wasn't born till 78 so I can't say myself. My old man said they were superb though. I agree it wasn't assembled in a flash, but we will never see Pat have that kind of attacking team but I doubt we ever will. Just find pat very negative with his tactics mate. As for yogi a and Duffy agree 100% both didn't have a clue.

gringojoe
07-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Might go and see "Diana", I've heard it's f***ing terrible. BOOOO!!

Spoiler alert! She dies at the end.

Sergey
07-10-2013, 09:36 PM
One word - dross

dross = 3 points

steviehibsleith
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Spoiler alert! She dies at the end.
Dogs plums she dies - it was murder by the SAS :cb

Sammy7nil
07-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Hibs are ready and able to do the crap bit it is the five 1 - 0 wins they will struggle with.
When Hibs string 5 wins togther we will all stop moaning :cb

Lucius Apuleius
07-10-2013, 09:42 PM
No moaning from me. Long ago decided a win is a win. Screw luck.

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Out of interest if Hibs play great and get beat am I allowed to say its results that matter not the performance ;D

seanshow
07-10-2013, 09:46 PM
21:08 pm

"And fitter. Do we actually do fitness training , diets etc. look 2 stone heavier than Thistle players "
"FFS Hanlon been steady then woopps. Getting closer "
"Kevin Thomson is a shadow of the player he was. Sad to see "
21:09 pm

"Craig losing that 50/50 in mid typifies Hibs - a mess of a club. "
"Would never have McGivern or Nelson in a starting 11 for a Premiership game "
"FENLON OUT not good enough! Plays to defensive
21:10 pm

"Craig!"
"yassssssssss what a team"
"What a goal!!"
"We are gonna win the league !!"

Typical match thread :greengrin

NYHibby
07-10-2013, 09:48 PM
That was dire but we've now won 3 of our last 4 and have lost only 1 in the last 7. How long have Hibs fans been moaning about being too soft? Not being able to get results when the going gets tough? That's what we're doing. Performances can only get better.

Someone will have to check this, but out of the last 7 games, I believe only Celtic has earned more points than us. We have earned more points than ICT, Aberdeen and Motherwell. All four of us have 4 wins, but they all have 2 loses while we only have 1.

While you are argue about the quality of play, you can't argue with our recent results. Excluding the first two games, we would be in 2nd place.

cleanyman
07-10-2013, 09:51 PM
25 quid for that garbage, decent price considering it was myself and the wee brother.

Partick played some lovely stuff and should have won the game. Thomson is a joy to watch.

Other than that...

Meh

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Someone will have to check this, but out of the last 7 games, I believe only Celtic has earned more points than us. We have earned more points than ICT, Aberdeen and Motherwell. All four of us have 4 wins, but they all have 2 loses while we only have 1.

While you are argue about the quality of play, you can't argue with our recent results. Excluding the first two games, we would be in 2nd place.

Think this is right. Again it is impressive just want to see us play football more. Mix that with a team that is hard to beat then happy days.

truehibernian
07-10-2013, 09:59 PM
I wasn't born till 78 so I can't say myself. My old man said they were superb though. I agree it wasn't assembled in a flash, but we will never see Pat have that kind of attacking team but I doubt we ever will. Just find pat very negative with his tactics mate. As for yogi a and Duffy agree 100% both didn't have a clue.

The queue of people waiting to employ Yogi underlines it all - Ron Manager has more of a clue. He set back Hibs for at least 3 years, Calderwood made it worse, but in fairness, thought the club had been left in an indisciplined shambles (as you maybe know TC) - as for tonight, it was turgid viewing, devoid of creativity and width. A lucky 3 points but we'll take them - before Celtic take 5 off us !

Sammy7nil
07-10-2013, 10:02 PM
As people rightly say a win is a win Well done Liam, Pat and the boys.

However I would rather set fire to my own pubic hair and beat the flames out with a baseball bat than sit through a combination of of out last 2 away day performances.

If and when we win 1 - 0 every week playing that poorly I will put the matches away :cb

Thecat23
07-10-2013, 10:02 PM
The queue of people waiting to employ Yogi underlines it all - Ron Manager has more of a clue. He set back Hibs for at least 3 years, Calderwood made it worse, but in fairness, thought the club had been left in an indisciplined shambles (as you maybe know TC) - as for tonight, it was turgid viewing, devoid of creativity and width. A lucky 3 points but we'll take them - before Celtic take 5 off us !

Yeah the whole CC was a farce. At least Pat has stopped all that crap so can't fault him there. Yeah very good 3 points considering mate. Really hope we give Celtic a game but it not a game I expect to win and won't mind to much if we did lose. It's the other games I expect us to win at ER better beat that mob in the LC. Still think we will and I'll go for 2-0

Viva_Palmeiras
07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Never let it be said that there is anything quite as divisive as a Hibs victory on Hibs.net ;)

rcarter1
07-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Never let it be said that there is anything quite as divisive as a Hibs victory on Hibs.net ;)

Nothing, except perhaps a defeat. :greengrin

Pete
07-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Well I'm not going to watch it again to prove my point that's for sure :wink:

If there was a way of editing out the players in the green shirts I would happily watch it back. Saying that we did actually play some football...for all of ten minutes.:rolleyes:

Cabbage East
07-10-2013, 10:19 PM
All that matters tonight. Good win :agree:

matty_f
07-10-2013, 10:21 PM

:agree: it was an important win. Getting the points was more important than how we got them.

hibeedonald
07-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Crackin result, not exactly a dominant performance, but league wise things are going in the right direction.

In terms of our 'style' factor, here are some stats for the season so far (SPFL -BBC website reports)

SHOTS on Target Table (Average/match)
Partick Thistle 5.55
Dundee Utd 4.67
Celtic 4.25
St.Johnstone 4.11
Motherwell 3.89
Inverness Calais Thistle 3.67
HoMoFC 3.67
Ross County 3.56
Aberdeen 3.56
Kilmarnock 3.33
St Mirren 3.25
Hibs 3.22

TOTAL Shots (Average/match)
Celtic 12.65
Partick 12
Motherwell 11.22
Dundee Utd 9.77
St Johnstone 9.67
Inverness CT 9.67
Ross County 9.67
Aberdeen 9
St Mirren 8.875
Hibs 8.55
Hearts 8.44
Kilmarnock 7.66

:nerd:

Truly shocking statistic.

rcarter1
07-10-2013, 10:35 PM
I have to say, I was surprised to look at the league table and see we're 5 points off 2nd. It's still early days, but we're hanging in there or thereabouts with some pretty poor performances, so if we can get it together it would really be something. At the same time, it is really tight so a couple of bad results could easily see us slipping down the table quickly. Just hope we can keep bouncing back and try to get some improvement in terms of our performances.

I think there is still a backlash from Malmo gate, and Tynecastle gate.

From my view our performances have been thus

Motherwell - inneffective but not terrible -iffy
Hearts - largely honking - poor
Dundee Utd - mixed bag, OK - iffy
Kilmarnock - pretty decent - decent
Ross County - :yawn: x 10 - iffy
St Johnstone - decent to good - decent
St Mirren - good, commanding - decent
Inverness - Poor stuff - poor
Partick - Poor, but a win - iffy

3 decent, 4 iffy, 2 poor

Its the entertainment involved in most of these games thats dragging morale down. But we are in pretty good shape league position wise.

Ryan91
07-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Frustrating to watch at times, but I'll take the 3 points quite happily.

Stevenson is hit and miss at right back, he's a solid defender but all too often he has to play the ball backwards as he's been closed down whilst transferring the ball from his right foot onto his left, we need to sign cover for RB in January.

Midfielders are playing the ball backwards far too often when there are options going forward, Thomson and Taiwo don't work well at all through the middle unless your trying to close out a match with a tight lead. Our midfield play has to be far more positive and attacking, Zoubir provides that, but should he start or do you keep him on the bench as an impact sub? Zouby made the difference tonight.

Liam Craig is proving to be a very good signing, really hitting his stride now, he could score quite a few this year.

Players were slipping and sliding all over the pitch tonight, is this a boot thing?

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2013, 10:45 PM
:agree: it was an important win. Getting the points was more important than how we got them.

You know Matty i'd agree with this if the football on show tonight was a one off, but that was an absolute *****house of a performance.

I went to my mates house in Poulton, there was 5 of us all Hibs fans watching that, and all of us were cringing at what was an excuse of a football match.

Yip great we won, but its not made any of us want to rush back and watch Hibs.

RIP
07-10-2013, 10:48 PM
From now to the end of the season I'm going to attend every home game...............

................and take a good book because under Pat Fenlon there's very little football on offer

SteveHFC
07-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Right who is the poster "Christian Benteke" on kickback :wink:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133603-tonights-football/page__st__50

Pedantic_Hibee
07-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Right who is the poster "Christian Benteke" on kickback :thumbsup: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133603-tonights-football/page__st__50

Don't know but he's an absolute pr1ck who panders to the deluded
over there. He's like Lawson in shorthand when he posted on here.

lucky
07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
The aim of the game is to win. Tonight we achieved that. Sadly very few teams in Scotland play expansive football. PF whilst, no Martinez, does have this habit of doing enough. There is every chance this dull as dish water team could actually win something and finish 2nd in the league. How many will complain then?

Johnny_Leith
07-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Got to give Fenlon credit for putting on Zoubir and OTJ. Jones defended inbetween the lines and gave our back 4 a bit more protection and Zoubir ran the ball forward and helped us hold thistle in their own half which was a massive improvement on Collins.

I thought Thistle were by far the hungrier side before we scored and only some excellent blocking and goalkeeping prevented an equaliser.

Anyway, 3 points away in the SPFL is never a bad thing so well done Fenlon and the boys!

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2013, 11:25 PM
People complaining :faf:

Rangers and Celtic win leagues grinding out wins like that, I am perfectly happy if we play like that away and win, brilliant result.

Northern Hibby
07-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Is this what I wanted, all those plaudits for lovely football that didn't win us much, sometimes I just wanted to just win, how many times did they big up up for playing the Hibs way after getting beat 1-0.

Scottie
07-10-2013, 11:43 PM
People complaining :faf:

Rangers and Celtic win leagues grinding out wins like that, I am perfectly happy if we play like that away and win, brilliant result.
Spot on mate :aok:

Some people never happy even when we win. :confused:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
A couple of seasons ago, we were very close to being relegated.

This season, after 1/4 of the season has been played, we're only 5 points away from 2nd place and well away from any relegation trouble.

We have a tough couple of games coming up against Celtic and Aberdeen but I think we are heading in the right direction.

We have looked solid defensively in the league this season, with the exception of the game against Inverness we haven't lost any more than one goal in any league game so far.

We have a talented squad at our disposal and I think they just need to start believing in how talented they are as I feel that they are far too guilty at only starting to play after going in front.

We seem too tentative at the start of games.

Sudds_1
08-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Delighted with the win but until Zoubir came on we were shocking offensively. Great goalkeeping saved us tonight and we were very lucky to get the 3 points. We were so slow and predictable. I would drop Collins and play Zoubir from the start. We seem to start to play better football as a group the instance Zoubir comes on. When Collins is up front we seem to hit it early and long. This makes no sense as he is pretty poor in the air and loses the ball often when under pressure. I thought he was very similar tonight to his performance at St Johnstone. First touch was a shot and not strong enough. Heffernan, although smaller, uses his body far better and looks sharper around the box and more able to bring teammates into the game. I thought KT was excellent tonight and OTJ looked pretty good when he came on too. Zoubir must be close to starting now and we desperately need Maybury fit as McGivern doesn't look at the races to me.

Well done to the team on a gritty performance but tonight was the prime example to me that winning isn't everything. Entertainment is possibly more important to me particularly when there is little or no chance of relagation. We look like we have the players capable of playing and for 10 mins or so we looked pretty decent on the ball. I can't understand why we don't try to play like that from the start.

100% agree............I wish more on here would see it that way! The no lose strategy adopted by Fenlon is KILLING us, but people seem to be happy with that brand of turgid football. Changed days eh? Wasn't that long ago Williamson, Duff Jimmy and Miller were condemmed for ther very stuff Fenlon is now being applauded for.

I don't understand why he doesn't take a more expansive approach to games................jeezo we have the players!!! :agree:

southsider
08-10-2013, 07:02 AM

One shot on target in 90 mins and you are happy ? I want us to win but a wee bit football is not too much to ask not just a big hump up the field. Only looked dangerous once Zoubir came on. Any chance of him startingt the next game ?

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 07:10 AM

Thats correct, i remember when we finished 4th under Hughes. I was told we got lucky then, whereas last night we did not, we controlled the game from the first minute to the last and deserved those 3 points. :rolleyes:

I'd hazard a guess that if we were to win most of our games 1-0 playing like we did last night, crowds wouldn't rise much and folk would still not turn up because of what was on offer?

Of course i could be wrong and Easter Road would sell out, and folk want eye bleeding football as long as we are winning?

Andy74
08-10-2013, 07:10 AM
One shot on target in 90 mins and you are happy ? I want us to win but a wee bit football is not too much to ask not just a big hump up the field. Only looked dangerous once Zoubir came on. Any chance of him startingt the next game ?

3 on target.

Sudds_1
08-10-2013, 07:16 AM
From now to the end of the season I'm going to attend every home game...............

................and take a good book because under Pat Fenlon there's very little football on offer

See thats the point for me.................

I ask myself "........why do I support Hibs?"

I'll tell you why: because that club played the kind of football I love with creative, clever players that are a delight to watch. OK maybe they didn't win ALL the time. But just to see these guys play was part of the attraction. And , of course, I'm a Leither. And for a good number of years I was royally entertained bya club that loved to play football.

That was then...........and its a style I became used to over the years. Win or lose I loved my club because they ENTERTAINED me.

Now? I'll never swap partners.............but the love affair is dying. The excitement I used to feel in going to watch my team play is long gone. Instead I have only a sense of duty (if that makes sense) rather than desire to go watch them play. And even that is diminishing as I look back on why I chose this club over the manks on the west side or other clubs.

And I think at the end of the day thats what saddens me most about the last few years - and this team in particular because Fenlon has the players to excite and entertain me. But he choooses to make them play his brand of stifleball.

So...........ask yourself. Why do YOU support Hibs now?

Dan Sarf
Great photo of Craig from the BBC

:rolleyes:

PeeJay
3 on target.

Having watched the game, this simply begs the question: what exactly do you mean by target? :greengrin

Brightside
08-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Thats correct, i remember when we finished 4th under Hughes. I was told we got lucky then, whereas last night we did not, we controlled the game from the first minute to the last and deserved those 3 points. :rolleyes:

I'd hazard a guess that if we were to win most of our games 1-0 playing like we did last night, crowds wouldn't rise much and folk would still not turn up because of what was on offer?

Of course i could be wrong and Easter Road would sell out, and folk want eye bleeding football as long as we are winning?

Shocking football...but as we can see from the forum a lot of people dont care about how we play football as long as we win. Hence why Scottish Football is 20yrs behind the rest in the world. Hoof ball..i cannot beleive that some Hibs fans are happy to play the game like Hearts.

hibIBZ
08-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Shocking football...but as we can see from the forum a lot of people dont care about how we play football as long as we win. Hence why Scottish Football is 20yrs behind the rest in the world. Hoof ball..i cannot beleive that some Hibs fans are happy to play the game like Hearts.

first things first, in delighted with the win and encouraged by our league position.
However, in recent years i have become a so called part-time supporter, maybe only attending 2/3times per year for the bigger games. This is down to several reasons. I didn't see much in terms of the standard of the football (from both teams) that would make me rush back and hand over £23 to see. I'm sorry to say these things but for me its the truth

Craig_in_Prague
08-10-2013, 07:29 AM

yup, we won the game, but I was really depressed by what I saw. If that's what Pat thinks is good enough, then we are WAY off expectations.
He does know, that playing attacking, exciting, quicker football, can win you games too right?

On any another night, we could have lost last 4 or 5 goals last night. Big Ben was outstanding, whilst they wasted some other promising attacks.

We really are a horrible football team and I am really surprised we are getting the numbers at ER that we do, because we're just brutal. So negative, slow and narrow. Painful to watch, really damn painful.

Andy74
08-10-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm delighted that we are so used to winning games now that we can start to concentrate a bit more on the style of the win.

rcarter1
08-10-2013, 08:05 AM
yup, we won the game, but I was really depressed by what I saw. If that's what Pat thinks is good enough, then we are WAY off expectations.
He does know, that playing attacking, exciting, quicker football, can win you games too right?

On any another night, we could have lost last 4 or 5 goals last night. Big Ben was outstanding, whilst they wasted some other promising attacks.

We really are a horrible football team and I am really surprised we are getting the numbers at ER that we do, because we're just brutal. So negative, slow and narrow. Painful to watch, really damn painful.

Dont think Pat was delighted with much apart from the three points. Dont agree that we are a horrible team, we just seem to start most games tentatively. A bit less fear, and some confidence will help.

Brightside
08-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm delighted that we are so used to winning games now that we can start to concentrate a bit more on the style of the win.

How about we start trying to win games and then see what happens. Its seems to be working a treat for Caley.

ekhibee
08-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Apart from one moment of brilliance we were absolutely dreadful again. We didn't deserve ANYTHING out of the game, but we did, so time to move on.

Bill Milne
08-10-2013, 09:32 AM
It's the way we are set up to play which depresses me. We seem to be set up to bore the opposition into submission before we make any attempt to attack.

Andy74
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
How about we start trying to win games and then see what happens. Its seems to be working a treat for Caley.

Who lost by 4 last week and have lost 2 away games in a row.

We've won 7 and drawn 4 from last 15 league games.

We've lost 1 in 8 matches.

I'd say we are progressing on trying to win games.

Brightside
08-10-2013, 09:39 AM

I think you know what i am getting at... yes we could grind out results and carry a bit of luck like last night...but im sure you agree we could have got a spanking last night. In my view that is due to the style of football we are playing. If we were more forward thinking and attack minded (like Caley) we may actually end up in exactly teh same position but at least we have tried to play football. At the moment its really not football as it should be played.

Saorsa
08-10-2013, 09:42 AM

I'd say we are progressing on trying to win games.You might. I see us set up trying no tae lose games rather than trying tae win them and hoping tae get something from them and when it does work it's usually down tae other teams poor finishing than anything else, Thistle could have the game won before we scored, it failed miserably against ICT because their finishing wisnae poor. We won last night and I'll take the points but we stole it, anybody who thinks we were set up like a team that was trying win or that we really deserved tae win must have their eyes painted on. We are ****in' woeful and awful tae watch, still if you're happy with that........

kentao
08-10-2013, 10:31 AM
If you swapped Heffernan or Collins for Doolan last night we would have got a hiding. Poor finishing and great goalkeeping kept us in the game. Imagine how good we would be if we played the same style of football as Partick. creating chances for our strikers and taking the game to the opposition. instead of inviting pressure and hope to nick something on the counter.

Great 3 points but Pat please change the game plan.

JimBHibees
08-10-2013, 10:37 AM
A couple of seasons ago, we were very close to being relegated.

This season, after 1/4 of the season has been played, we're only 5 points away from 2nd place and well away from any relegation trouble.

We have a tough couple of games coming up against Celtic and Aberdeen but I think we are heading in the right direction.

We have looked solid defensively in the league this season, with the exception of the game against Inverness we haven't lost any more than one goal in any league game so far.

We have a talented squad at our disposal and I think they just need to start believing in how talented they are as I feel that they are far too guilty at only starting to play after going in front.

We seem too tentative at the start of games.

Got to be said we looked anything but defensively solid last night, both centre halfs IMO positionally and also in terms of dealing with basic crosses were very poor and against a better team would get seriously punished. The style of football is tortuous I am not looking Barca style but a wee bit of combination play wouldnt go amiss. We are incredibly slow in what we do and dont press the other team very well due to this. Watched Aberdeen last week and us yesterday and the difference in pace compared to us was clear for all to see. In saying that the bottom line is that we won and there have been many times we have lost such games.

J-C
08-10-2013, 10:56 AM

Progress in winning, well maybe only just but the standard of football(hoofball) we play is nothing short of scandalous.

Zero pace
Zero imagination
Zero defensive qualities
Zero idea from a manager who sets up in such a negative fashion
Zero chance the crowds will be back until all this is changed

Thecat23
08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
You might. I see us set up trying no tae lose games rather than trying tae win them and hoping tae get something from them and when it does work it's usually down tae other teams poor finishing than anything else, Thistle could have the game won before we scored, it failed miserably against ICT because their finishing wisnae poor. We won last night and I'll take the points but we stole it, anybody who thinks we were set up like a team that was trying win or that we really deserved tae win must have their eyes painted on. We are ****in' woeful and awful tae watch, still if you're happy with that........

Exactly, seems folk are happy to watch that as long as we win. It's grim as hell and the fans won't pay money to watch this. When we started badly it was ""judge us at the end of the season not a few games." Now that we have won a few the same folk are saying "look it's progress and we're doing great." It's actually really funny to read. Only watch Hibs through the greenest of specs.

These games could go either way when you set up not to lose. Most of the time we will be outplayed and draw or lose. The odd win doesn't make me suddenly think all is rosy. Was the same under Hughes. We papered over huge cracks when we got results and how did that turn out again? Fenlon will not get his contracted renewed if Petrie wants fans back.

LancashireHibby
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
It's progress built on sand, but I'm more than happy to just enjoy the win and save the inquest until the next defeat.

Andy74
08-10-2013, 11:27 AM
It's progress built on sand, but I'm more than happy to just enjoy the win and save the inquest until the next defeat.

What's sandy about the progress?

jacomo
08-10-2013, 11:33 AM

Everybody is happy with the result as far as I can see but that game could have easily gone against us. Thistle must have felt mugged last night.

We created very little and we looked vulnerable.

jonty
08-10-2013, 11:49 AM
There's only one stat that counts. 0-1 Hibs.

Flair and entertainment can come once the game is sown up, as far as I'm concerned.

carnoustiehibee
08-10-2013, 11:55 AM
There's only one stat that counts. 0-1 Hibs.

Flair and entertainment can come once the game is sown up, as far as I'm concerned.

When was the last time we had a game sown up?

LancashireHibby
08-10-2013, 12:05 PM
What's sandy about the progress?
Nelson and Hanlon getting torn apart a few times last night, though I think they could have been afforded a lot more support from midfield and, credit where it's due, some of those saves from Williams were more than enough to win any game this season.

partickthistle
08-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Difference was Hibs took their chances while we failed.

A great away support from you guys especially with it being a monday night.

All the best for the rest of the season particularly against Hearts and Killie

SunshineOnLeith
08-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Are games like last night's what it's been like to be a hearts fan previously? Eye bleedingly bad industrial football but getting the odd goal to win games? Fair enough it's a results business but my word, what a depressing existence it must be.

Peevemor
08-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Difference was Hibs took their chances while we failed.

A great away support from you guys especially with it being a monday night.

All the best for the rest of the season particularly against Hearts and Killie

Thanks for your good wishes.

Does it bother you if we speak about "Partick" as opposed to "Thistle" or "the Jags"?

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Hibs won and if they play like that in every away game and win I dont give a ****. Of course though we need to be playing better than that at home but we did that against St Mirren and I hope we can consistently.

steakbake
08-10-2013, 12:17 PM

When the ref blew for full time last night in Maryhill...

jonty
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Exactly :greengrin

When the ref blew for full time last night in Maryhill...
:greengrin

grinding out results and making top 3 every season with European cash injection and progress in cups, or playing the ball and getting nowhere?

There's no league table for entertainment - there's only one that counts. When we get bored of winning, then we can look at winning 'nicely'

steakbake
08-10-2013, 12:32 PM

grinding out results and making top 3 every season with European cash injection and progress in cups, or playing the ball and getting nowhere?

There's no league table for entertainment - there's only one that counts. When we get bored of winning, then we can look at winning 'nicely'

You're sailing dangerously close to the Bobby Williamson phenomenon of telling the punters to go to the cinema if they want entertainment!

It's partly true though: the mark of a good team is one that grinds out results even when not playing particularly well. Rack up some more of that and I'll be happy to sign up for more entertainment. In our situation though, it's points on the board we need more than anything.

Brightside
08-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Hibs won and if they play like that in every away game and win I dont give a ****. Of course though we need to be playing better than that at home but we did that against St Mirren and I hope we can consistently.

I dont get this.. we really dont care how we play as long as we win? Why not just play Fifa on Xbox Easy level? If it continues like this people will be bringing books along to Easter Rd.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2013, 12:37 PM
What if the targets set for Pat are influencing his style of play?

khib70
08-10-2013, 12:39 PM

Jesus, I'm sick of this attitude. It's exactly why we're stuck with the grim, soulless Fenball we have to watch every week. "Grinding out results" will not put bums on seats. People just won't pay the money to be bored ****less watching 0-0 draws and 1-0's. And if they don't pay the money, it's not there to improve the team or take the club forward.

It's incredibly simplistic and stupid to believe that there are only two choices in football - play attractively and lose, or play hapless hoofball and "grind out results". The best teams can play proper football and win games. This isn't Football Manager. People won't pay £60 odd to bring their kids to games to watch robotic dross. And if they don't the future is bleak.

People who advocate "winning ugly" aren't football fans, IMO - just gloryhunters

jacomo
08-10-2013, 12:43 PM
What if the targets set for Pat are influencing his style of play?

In what way?

jacomo
08-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Jesus, I'm sick of this attitude. It's exactly why we're stuck with the grim, soulless Fenball we have to watch every week. "Grinding out results" will not put bums on seats. People just won't pay the money to be bored ****less watching 0-0 draws and 1-0's. And if they don't pay the money, it's not there to improve the team or take the club forward.

It's incredibly simplistic and stupid to believe that there are only two choices in football - play attractively and lose, or play hapless hoofball and "grind out results". The best teams can play proper football and win games. This isn't Football Manager. People won't pay £60 odd to bring their kids to games to watch robotic dross. And if they don't the future is bleak.

People who advocate "winning ugly" aren't football fans, IMO - just gloryhunters

:agree:

EVENTUALLY
08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
I dont get this.. we really dont care how we play as long as we win? Why not just play Fifa on Xbox Easy level? If it continues like this people will be bringing books along to Easter Rd.

:top marksAbsolutely dire last night. I do enjoy winning but not like that. Stanton has been introduced in recent matches for approximately the last 10 minutes but as soon as OTJ (the giant version of Neutral and Reverse aka Tom Taiwo) is fit, Stanton is only worthy of 2 minutes gametime!
Fenlon is hellbent on achieving results with an ultra cautious approach. It seems like he'll never change and for me will never take Hibs forward.

2 recent managers who like Fenlon won nothing while at Easter Road proved that attendances do increase if fast flowing attacking football is the basis of a tactical style. McLeish and Mowbray's teams were a joy to watch.

southsider
08-10-2013, 01:06 PM
:top marksAbsolutely dire last night. I do enjoy winning but not like that. Stanton has been introduced in recent matches for approximately the last 10 minutes but as soon as OTJ (the giant version of Neutral and Reverse aka Tom Taiwo) is fit, Stanton is only worthy of 2 minutes gametime!
Fenlon is hellbent on achieving results with an ultra cautious approach. It seems like he'll never change and for me will never take Hibs forward.

2 recent managers who like Fenlon won nothing while at Easter Road proved that attendances do increase if fast flowing attacking football is the basis of a tactical style. McLeish and Mowbray's teams were a joy to watch.

FFS even Alex Miller's team played (at times) better football than Pat's. O'Neil, McAllister, Weir, McGinlay etc all attacking players who were " a joy to watch".

JeMeSouviens
08-10-2013, 01:21 PM

This might be arguable if we had any sort of win percentage playing like this. We've played with the handbrake on vs Well, Hearts, Ross County and Thistle. The only one we managed to win was daylight (well, floodlight) robbery!

jonty
08-10-2013, 01:23 PM

:faf:

Before we all start dreaming that we're the Man City's or Utd's of this world lets get the basics done first and win games. IMO there are too many people on here bumping their gums and wanting the flair football AND winning teams that hibs rarely ever had.

Hibs play in a competition. Based on winning games. I'll take a winning hibs team over a losing partick thistle team any day of the week.

jgl07
08-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Jesus, I'm sick of this attitude. It's exactly why we're stuck with the grim, soulless Fenball we have to watch every week. "Grinding out results" will not put bums on seats. People just won't pay the money to be bored ****less watching 0-0 draws and 1-0's.

It has worked with Hearts for years!

jonty
08-10-2013, 01:28 PM
This might be arguable if we had any sort of win percentage playing like this. We've played with the handbrake on vs Well, Hearts, Ross County and Thistle. The only one we managed to win was daylight (well, floodlight) robbery!

Moan 1: we don't win

ermm bollox, Moan 2: we don't win well

when we do reach 2, it'll be Moan 3: PF is still at the club

FFs, we won, away from home. Something we've rarely managed to do in recent years. Why cant people just flucking enjoy the moment.

carnoustiehibee
08-10-2013, 01:28 PM

Before we all start dreaming that we're the Man City's or Utd's of this world lets get the basics done first and win games. IMO there are too many people on here bumping their gums and wanting the flair football AND winning teams that hibs rarely ever had.

Hibs play in a competition. Based on winning games. I'll take a winning hibs team over a losing partick thistle team any day of the week.

I thought what he said was spot on.

jonty
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I thought what he said was spot on.

I should have highlighted the last sentence.

God Petrie
08-10-2013, 01:32 PM

Before Fenlon, people on this board were clamouring for us to become the type of team to win ugly because we were accused of being a soft touch.

I'd surmise the board took this into account when appointing PF but now we need someone who plays great football because even though we're winning, it's awful to watch.

I'm no fan if PF but how does the club satisfy the fans if the demands basically amount to "the opposite of what we are atm". We are operating within constraints so do we want to be stodgy and grind out results or a team that plays nice football with varying results.

khib70
08-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Yeah, and the glittering prizes are just rolling in on the back of Fenlon's tactical genius, aren't they?

So you have to be Man Utd or Man City to play postiive attacking football? Rubbish. You just have to have the right coach and the right attitude. However many Hampden trips we grind out for the "day out in the Weedge brigade" every year, we have to maintain good regular attendences to keep our cashflow going. You and a couple of your snoozeball loving pals rattling about ER isn't going to give us the means to improve our team. Yes we play in a competition, but one firmly within the entertainment business, and if you don't fill the stadium regularly, you're failing - full stop.

If they renew Fenlon's contract, they won't be getting my money - I don't have the resources to spend £400+ on being bored to death every week. I strongly suspect I'm not alone. I want a winning Hibs team more than anything - so does everyone. But one that grinds its way to mid table mediocrity with the occasional embarrassing Euro-humping and cup final failure thrown in is not going to get my money.

jonty
08-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah, and the glittering prizes are just rolling in on the back of Fenlon's tactical genius, aren't they?

So you have to be Man Utd or Man City to play postiive attacking football? Rubbish. You just have to have the right coach and the right attitude. However many Hampden trips we grind out for the "day out in the Weedge brigade" every year, we have to maintain good regular attendences to keep our cashflow going. You and a couple of your snoozeball loving pals rattling about ER isn't going to give us the means to improve our team. Yes we play in a competition, but one firmly within the entertainment business, and if you don't fill the stadium regularly, you're failing - full stop.

If they renew Fenlon's contract, they won't be getting my money - I don't have the resources to spend £400+ on being bored to death every week. I strongly suspect I'm not alone. I want a winning Hibs team more than anything - so does everyone. But one that grinds its way to mid table mediocrity with the occasional embarrassing Euro-humping and cup final failure thrown in is not going to get my money.

If you want to call me (and others) glory hunters for being pleased at winning away from home, then that's your call. Snoozeball? it might be. but winning snoozeball.

Your tippy tappy losing football might keep the 'pure football' brigade happy, but I'd suggest that's so far removed from Scottish football you're in fantasy land.

You want a winning hibs team (don't we all) that entertains with attractive football, and you wont pay until you get it. And you called me a glory hunter :confused:

khib70
08-10-2013, 02:25 PM
If you want to call me (and others) glory hunters for being pleased at winning away from home, then that's your call. Snoozeball? it might be. but winning snoozeball.

Your tippy tappy losing football might keep the 'pure football' brigade happy, but I'd suggest that's so far removed from Scottish football you're in fantasy land.

You want a winning hibs team (don't we all) that entertains with attractive football, and you wont pay until you get it. And you called me a glory hunter :confused:
Dear oh dear, your anti-football fanaticism is showing. It's not called "tippy tappy losing football" it's just called football. Your beloved "tap tap blooter" game is a perversion of football not worthy of the name.

You're obviously not a yam, but your posts are scarily reminiscent of the stuff that used to appear (and periodically still does) on Sickbag mocking our claims to be a "flair" team.

Remind me again - what has Fenlon's coma-inducing team won that Mowbray, Collins or McLeish didn't win? If I have to watch a Hibs team not winning anything, I'd rather watch one with pace, creativity and the ability to attack opponents at least occasionally.

If you want to settle for mediocrity, that's fine. I don't. and I've no intention of paying out money so you can.

Brightside
08-10-2013, 02:27 PM

BUT Scottish football is utter shiyite and has been for years. Its not about playing tippy tappy but it is about trying to improve the product on the park. This win at all costs attitude is whats ruined our game for years from u8s to international level. We have decent attacking players who are currently not allowed to attack.

RSS Bot
08-10-2013, 02:30 PM
A series of images by Alan Rennie

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131008/back-to-winning-ways_2262950_3486149)

Lucius Apuleius
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Dear oh dear, your anti-football fanaticism is showing. It's not called "tippy tappy losing football" it's just called football. Your beloved "tap tap blooter" game is a perversion of football not worthy of the name.

You're obviously not a yam, but your posts are scarily reminiscent of the stuff that used to appear (and periodically still does) on Sickbag mocking our claims to be a "flair" team.

Remind me again - what has Fenlon's coma-inducing team won that Mowbray, Collins or McLeish didn't win? If I have to watch a Hibs team not winning anything, I'd rather watch one with pace, creativity and the ability to attack opponents at least occasionally.

If you want to settle for mediocrity, that's fine. I don't. and I've no intention of paying out money so you can.

Gloryhunter it is then? :wink:

Me? I am happy when we win and I really do not give a flying F if we have played cr@p to get it. People saying we were lucky last night? Cannot get my head round that. In what way were we lucky? They had shots at goal, some on target, every one that was on target was dealt with by a very competent goalkeeper, that's his job so no luck there. We scored what appears to be a pretty nice goal with one of our shots on target, again that is not luck, it is good finishing. Nae luck involved.

kentao
08-10-2013, 02:37 PM

Completely agree. People watch football to be entertained at the moment thats not happening at easter road. We stole the result last night with alot of luck if we continue to try and "grind out " results I bet we lose more than we win. Defense is not our strong point give the strikers some service and let others worry about trying to grind out results

jonty
08-10-2013, 02:40 PM

:faf: :top marks
Congratulations of twisting a post beyond recognition :thumbsup:

Let me sum it up for you.

Me - happy with 3 points
You - not happy with 3 points.

Hows that.

jonty
08-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Completely agree. People watch football to be entertained at the moment thats not happening at easter road. We stole the result last night with alot of luck if we continue to try and "grind out " results I bet we lose more than we win. Defense is not our strong point give the strikers some service and let others worry about trying to grind out results

I support hibs and I want them to win every game they play - and if it involves one moment of genius (see the Riordon years) or booting the hearts team up and down the park, I couldn't give a flying ****. I want them to win.

Where has this clamour for entertainment come from? too many armchair enthusiasts thinking we play in La Liga or the EPL. Maybe Blobby had a point. 3pts first, entertainment second.

Sudds_1
08-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Gloryhunter it is then? :wink:

Me? I am happy when we win and I really do not give a flying F if we have played cr@p to get it. People saying we were lucky last night? Cannot get my head round that. In what way were we lucky? They had shots at goal, some on target, every one that was on target was dealt with by a very competent goalkeeper, that's his job so no luck there. We scored what appears to be a pretty nice goal with one of our shots on target, again that is not luck, it is good finishing. Nae luck involved.

So am I.....But I dont let that cloud my view of the very thin ice the team is on,the way we're being set up to play, or why that is so abhorrent to many on here.

Plain truth is we WERE lucky last night..............yep, we took one of the few chances falling our way. But then, Thistle missed a number of gilt edged chances that could - and should - have buried us. Issue there is quite simple. Fenlon sets us up so these chances don't happen..........the fact they did means his turgid system isn't watertight. And on another night against a better finishing side his tactics wouldn't have worked.

Happy we won. Happy in the manner we won and what it means for the future? No.

Thecat23
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM

Don't take this personally mate but you and guys like you are why this country is miles behind the rest. Do you think teams in Germany and Belgium said **** football lets just win ugly and blast it upfront and hope we don't lose? That is a ridiculous way to view a game. It's called football, that's right FOOTBALL. Folk hammering on about let's do the basics first, well if you know anything about the game or go places like France, Germany, Holland, Belgium etc.. The basics are PASSING not hoofball.

Playing this way is terrible and we will lose more than we win once we play the top 6 teams. Also stop saying we have to be City or Man U to play. No we don't. We need a manager that can recognise how the game is played install it into a team and yes believe it or not you can win games while playing it on the deck. Remember 2007 final? Great football was played and we won 5-1 and a cup. Fenlon may have got us to 2 finals with his "no lose style" but it failed big time. So feel free to be happy with what you are watching but don't go talking about how we can't play a passing game and win. This isn't directed just at you it's for everyone else who lives in the dark ages of football.

khib70
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM
:faf: :top marks
Congratulations of twisting a post beyond recognition :thumbsup:

Let me sum it up for you.

Me - happy with 3 points
You - not happy with 3 points.

Hows that.
Your failure to take responsibility for your own opinions doesn't surprise me. Your simplistic (and inaccurate) reduction of my argument doesn't either. It always comes down to "if you don't agree with me, you're not a proper Hibby"

But since we're at it..

You - happy with turgid negative dross

Me - happy with 3 points, unhappy with the above

jonty
08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
BUT Scottish football is utter shiyite and has been for years. Its not about playing tippy tappy but it is about trying to improve the product on the park. This win at all costs attitude is whats ruined our game for years from u8s to international level. We have decent attacking players who are currently not allowed to attack.

I think you'll find our youth setup is far from ruined.

As for attacking players who are not allowed to attack. Seriously? The manager stipulates 'thou shall not attack'? Judging by the performance on the pitch they cant pass the bloody ball, never mind attack.

Sudds_1
08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I support hibs and I want them to win every game they play - and if it involves one moment of genius (see the Riordon years) or booting the hearts team up and down the park, I couldn't give a flying ****. I want them to win.

Where has this clamour for entertainment come from? too many armchair enthusiasts thinking we play in La Liga or the EPL. Maybe Blobby had a point. 3pts first, entertainment second.

jeezo..if thats what you really think why bother kidding on you go to watch football? Coz thats definitely not on show at ER these days.

jonty
08-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Don't take this personally mate but you and guys like you are why this country is miles behind the rest. Do you think teams in Germany and Belgium said **** football lets just win ugly and blast it upfront and hope we don't lose? That is a ridiculous way to view a game. It's called football, that's right FOOTBALL. Folk hammering on about let's do the basics first, well if you know anything about the game or go places like France, Germany, Holland, Belgium etc.. The basics are PASSING not hoofball.

Playing this way is terrible and we will lose more than we win once we play the top 6 teams. Also stop saying we have to be City or Man U to play. No we don't. We need a manager that can recognise how the game is played install it into a team and yes believe it or not you can win games while playing it on the deck. Remember 2007 final? Great football was played and we won 5-1 and a cup. Fenlon may have got us to 2 finals with his "no lose style" but it failed big time. So feel free to be happy with what you are watching but don't go talking about how we can't play a passing game and win. This isn't directed just at you it's for everyone else who lives in the dark ages of football.

Don't worry, I wont. I also wont complain like **** when we win 3pts away from home because we played the one decent piece of football all night.

I'm not settling for this level of football - I'm not moaning my tits off like some, because we're not the finished article.

Lucius Apuleius
08-10-2013, 02:53 PM

?? Not sure where I said that. I am delighted with three points no matter how we got them. I still believe in incremental improvement. The nice football will come IMO. meanwhile, just win the 3 points. Sorry if that upsets the sensibilities of soccer purists. All I want, at the minute, is 3 points. I still disagree with the luck aspect. Thistle were incapable of scoring a goal, that isn't luck, it is because they were not good enough to do so. We did.

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I dont get this.. we really dont care how we play as long as we win? Why not just play Fifa on Xbox Easy level? If it continues like this people will be bringing books along to Easter Rd.I dont in AWAY games, I said I would expect a better level of performance at home but in reality, No, I wouldn't really care that much as long as we were winning. You dont get points by playing lovely passing football, you get point for winning games.

jonty
08-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Your failure to take responsibility for your own opinions doesn't surprise me. Your simplistic (and inaccurate) reduction of my argument doesn't either. It always comes down to "if you don't agree with me, you're not a proper Hibby"

But since we're at it..

You - happy with turgid negative dross

Me - happy with 3 points, unhappy with the above

That's some reading between the lines you're doing :aok: