PDA

View Full Version : Pre-match boozers near Firhill

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Not been there for a while, anybody got any recommendations?

khib70
07-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Not been there for a while, anybody got any recommendations?
Neither have I, but always used to go to the Woodside on Maryhill Road. It was on the left about half way between St Georges Cross subway station and the ground. Real fitba boozer with friendly home fans. If the pub's still there there's a brilliant mural in the back room celebrating the Jags demolition of Celtc in the 1971 League Cup Final. Hopefully it is still there and hasn't been turned into a wine bar for the "banter" set!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Cheers mate!
I think we are just going to have a bevvy in the city centre then jump on a bus up to the ground for ko.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Sun just starting to burn through the clouds above the weej which is a wee bonus!

Keith_M
07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Neither have I, but always used to go to the Woodside on Maryhill Road. It was on the left about half way between St Georges Cross subway station and the ground. Real fitba boozer with friendly home fans. If the pub's still there there's a brilliant mural in the back room celebrating the Jags demolition of Celtc in the 1971 League Cup Final. Hopefully it is still there and hasn't been turned into a wine bar for the "banter" set!

You do realise that 'The Banter Set' wouldn't be seen deid near Maryhill Road?

Or possibly even know where it is..... :wink:

The Royalty Bar on Maryhill Road is supposed to be a 'Ranger Friendly' pub but I've never had any trouble in there.... despite the fact the last time I went I was wearing a green hoodie with Hibs in big letters on the front. Although, it is possible that they just thought I was totally mental so decided to avoid me at all costs :wink:

flash
07-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Sun just starting to burn through the clouds above the weej which is a wee bonus!

You are aware its a night game?

MSK
07-10-2013, 11:14 AM
You are aware its a night game?Really ..?..aw **** ..I was gonna head through wearing my Bermuda shorts, string vest & jesus sandals tae....:brickwall

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 11:26 AM
You are aware its a night game?

Aye, a wee spot of lunch, a few pints and punts then the game, sounds reasonable to me!

LancashireHibby
07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
In the Woodside now, pretty busy though I think it's mainly locals rather than for the game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Aye, a wee spot of lunch, a few pints and punts then the game, sounds reasonable to me!

I shouldve left the sport of kings to the kings! Oh well, time to calm down a bit with the punting I suppose! Still got a couple of irons left in the fire tho!

Chuck Rhoades
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Munns Vaults.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Munns Vaults.

I was in there from about 1830 onwards, never spotted you Ross.

gringojoe
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
I was in there from about 1830 onwards, never spotted you Ross.

Did you make the match?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Aye, managed to buy a comp off a boy outside for a tenner, still wasnae good value, apart from the 3pts! I'm having to drink loads of Strongbow to soothe my mouth, Firhill must have the hottest Bovril in existance!

2359 Citylink back to the capital!

gringojoe
07-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Aye, managed to buy a comp off a boy outside for a tenner, still wasnae good value, apart from the 3pts! I'm having to drink loads of Strongbow to soothe my mouth, Firhill must have the hottest Bovril in existance!

Strongbow! The things you do to watch Hibs win. Good laddie.

LancashireHibby
07-10-2013, 09:41 PM

If you'd have timed it right then you could have missed at least 20 minutes of the game queuing for your Bovril. Never again will I criticise the speed of the Easter Road pie queue!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 11:21 PM
The queue I was in was quite rapid cos the pie stand ran out of pies pre KO!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Strongbow! The things you do to watch Hibs win. Good laddie.

Jambo Juice! (one for the older readers!)