PDA

View Full Version : Hibees in Melbourne?

1875HFC
07-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Alright folks, over in Australia on a Working Hoiliday for a year so missing the Hibees.
Just wondering if there are any hibees out there on .net that live in Melbourne? I am in St Kilda on the coast and wondering if any hibbies are around and catch up with each other etc?

How much is it to watch the hibs games online or are they only HOME matches?

:flag:

Sproule Three
07-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Alright folks, over in Australia on a Working Hoiliday for a year so missing the Hibees.
Just wondering if there are any hibees out there on .net that live in Melbourne? I am in St Kilda on the coast and wondering if any hibbies are around and catch up with each other etc?

How much is it to watch the hibs games online or are they only HOME matches?

:flag:

Loads of Hibbies in Melbourne mate. If you are still there in January the Aus Hibs are having their annual Burns Supper on Jan 25th Was a great night last year .I will be travelling down from Sydney as its such a good night and takes a lot to make me travel to Melbourne -;)
A few games are shown on Setanta and the Celtic game on 19th is on at 1030pm Melbourne Time. Charles Dickens is the usual pub.
PM if you've any queries I'll get you some contacts for the Melbourne Hibbies

nickwhibs
07-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Also in Melbourne/St Kilda with another hibby, so definitely keen to get involved in any meet-ups. Thinking of watching the derby in Charles Dickens...

1875HFC
07-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Haha this is amazing, this news from you lads has brightened up my day! I will be here in January for sure I will 100% be keen for the burns supper and any other events that are planned. I came to Oz with three mates and guess what...they are all J*****!! :confused: So I need fellow hibbies for normality!!

PM me for my Oz mobile number if anyone is watching any games etc!
Cheers

MSK
07-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Haha this is amazing, this news from you lads has brightened up my day! I will be here in January for sure I will 100% be keen for the burns supper and any other events that are planned. I came to Oz with three mates and guess what...they are all J*****!! :confused: So I need fellow hibbies for normality!!

My Oz number is ********** so if anyone is watching any games then drop a wee text and will head along too!
CheersWould advise against putting your phone number up here mate ..a right few ****ers read these forums ..

squire
07-10-2013, 08:44 AM
I met an old expat the other week walking his dog in St Kilda. He was wearing a hibs cap because it meant so much to his late faither. I happened to be wearing my hibs polo so we had a good wee chat. He says his lads still get strips sent over every year so there plenty of us over here :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
07-10-2013, 09:17 AM
I met an old expat the other week walking his dog in St Kilda. He was wearing a hibs cap because it meant so much to his late faither. I happened to be wearing my hibs polo so we had a good wee chat. He says his lads still get strips sent over every year so there plenty of us over here :thumbsup:

Brilliant! My big brother John is in Melbourne and is the President of the Oz Hibs branch so PM me if you want any info or contact ST as he has kindly mentioned above.

crieffhibee
07-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Delighted by this thread im heading over on a working holiday visa leave on the 3rd nov. Last game il catch is the derby! :-) going with 3 other non hibbys so would defo be keen to meet some over there for a gamr or whatever, not got any plans yet so cant say where il be or when or what games il catch, is there any other supporters clubs or is ot just in melbourne?

1875HFC
07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Would advise against putting your phone number up here mate ..a right few ****ers read these forums ..

Haha true mate although jokes on them because a phone all will cost them a fortune calling UK to Australia!
will send a few PM's to you guys over next few days if that is cool with you' sot get some contacts etc for watching some games and any events coming up!
seems like there are plenty hibbies out here though and I will be travelling about Oz in 2014 so any other hibbies reading this from other parts of Australia it would be good to hear from you all :aok:

Will miss the game tonight as will be 5 in the morning but hopefully will wake up to a good score line!

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Haha true mate although jokes on them because a phone all will cost them a fortune calling UK to Australia!

answer your phone :boo hoo:

ozhibs
08-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Also in Melbourne/St Kilda with another hibby, so definitely keen to get involved in any meet-ups. Thinking of watching the derby in Charles Dickens...

If any visiting Hibby's want to drop me a pm I will send them HWG! our news letter which will have details of our "Burns supper in there"
GGTTH
Peter

WellingtonHibby
08-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Loads of us in Melbourne mate, my brothers barman at the taphouse is a hobby. I am too when I'm over. Usually the Charles Dickens for games. Send me a pm and I'll fire you some details

Shearer
08-10-2013, 07:31 AM
I am also in Melbourne, just arrived back here today to start my 2nd year visa. Make sure you go to the Oz Hibs Burns Supper in January, I went last year and it was brilliant.

If you guys are meeting up for drinks anytime soon in the city let me know!

bigstu
08-10-2013, 07:54 AM
can i just point out that you are all lucky gits! I'll swap you my Hibs season ticket to be across in Melbourne any day :greengrin Especially with summer just around the corner for you guys!

hail hail

Jamesie
08-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Many of the Melbourne-based Hibbys will have memories of the infamous 2004 CIS Cup Final screening (put on in part by the generosity of Sir Tom). Kicked off at 3am, and was 'almost live' - it was being screened with an hour's time delay. When folk started walking out a quarter of an hour into the second half we realised that not everyone had switched their mobile phone off and something was seriously wrong! A good number of us - in particular those who had been at the South Melbourne v Marconi (also known as Greece v Italy) game earleir in the day - were too bevvied to really notice. One of the heaviest nights of boozing I had in my whole working holiday year!

Slicer
09-10-2013, 12:05 AM
The Melbourne lot are a good crowd, usually meet in Charles Dickens for the big games. Really recommend the Burns Supper, last year was a great night :agree:

WellingtonHibby
09-10-2013, 01:28 AM
The Melbourne lot are a good crowd, usually meet in Charles Dickens for the big games. Really recommend the Burns Supper, last year was a great night :agree:

That you Kris?:greengrin
You coming down this year again? Il be up for it too
Jamie

Sproule Three
09-10-2013, 02:40 AM
I am also in Melbourne, just arrived back here today to start my 2nd year visa. Make sure you go to the Oz Hibs Burns Supper in January, I went last year and it was brilliant.

If you guys are meeting up for drinks anytime soon in the city let me know!

Think theres a crew going out to the Dickens to watch 'ra Sellick 'game on 19th . 10.30 pm kick off .
must be keen to welcome you back Paul .

Might get a few of us out in Sydney too

nickwhibs
09-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Definitely up for the Celtic game in the Dickens.

Shearer
09-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Think theres a crew going out to the Dickens to watch 'ra Sellick 'game on 19th . 10.30 pm kick off .
must be keen to welcome you back Paul .

Might get a few of us out in Sydney too

Cheers, yeah I'll definately try and go out for the Celtic game, would be good to see you all again!

1875HFC
09-10-2013, 11:14 AM
cheers for the replies folks, sent a few dm's so looking forward to catching up with all the hibbies here down under! :not worth

Slicer
16-10-2013, 10:37 PM
That you Kris?:greengrin
You coming down this year again? Il be up for it too
Jamie

Yeah mate it's looking likely. Should be another good one! :thumbsup:

scm70nyd1973
17-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Sitting at Vancouver airport and on my way to Melbourne so good to pick up this thread ! Two weegie Hibbys on their way to join up with the Melbourne branch - hope to catch up with you guys soon - GGTTH !:flag:

Forza Fred
17-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Sitting at Vancouver airport and on my way to Melbourne so good to pick up this thread ! Two weegie Hibbys on their way to join up with the Melbourne branch - hope to catch up with you guys soon - GGTTH !:flag:

Don't do it

They are drunkards and womanisers

And as for the men.....:greengrin

nickwhibs
19-10-2013, 07:05 AM
See you all at the Dickens tonight ;-)