PDA

View Full Version : Dusseldorf

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2013, 08:22 PM
So who was the Hibee is seen last night in laderhosen and a Hibs top in dusseldorf's Altstadt?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
A Shaun Lawson forfeit...
The Hibs top I mean the lederhosen are normal attire.. ;)

marinello59
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Dear God. I hope Mikey doesn't put his hand up for this one.

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Not me, I was wearing the goalie shorts and a wonderbra.

Sergey
06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Dukla Prague away kit for moi.

Mikey
06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Dear God. I hope Mikey doesn't put his hand up for this one.

Wisnae me. It was Matty Jack :agree:

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Hahahaha thanks for the laugh. Stuck in a hotel room watching a German dubbed version of the A team. But seriously sitting having a lovely pork schnitzel and seen a Hibees top and Green laderhosen, I was gonna chase after them but the schnitzel was lovely lol

Ps had my allez allez allez oh t shirt on

marinello59
06-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Hahahaha thanks for the laugh. Stuck in a hotel room watching a German dubbed version of the A team. But seriously sitting having a lovely pork schnitzel and seen a Hibees top and Green laderhosen, I was gonna chase after them but the schnitzel was lovely lol

:faf:

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Ps had my allez allez allez oh t shirt on

That would be the 'A Mannschaft', right?

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2013, 08:42 PM
That would be the 'A Mannschaft', right?

Funnily enough no it's das a team!! Don't suppose if anyone knows if there's a bar showing the Hibs game the morn in dusseldorf? There is an Irish bar in the Altstadt but I never managed to ask last night.

DC_Hibs
06-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Funnily enough no it's das a team!! Don't suppose if anyone knows if there's a bar showing the Hibs game the morn in dusseldorf? There is an Irish bar in the Altstadt but I never managed to ask last night.

good luck. Wi scheiss Fortuna being the Monday night game, it would need to be one of Irish bars giving up a screen. Why you not heading to to the local Game anyway?? Decent one v league leaders....well they were last week if not just now.

Frazerbob
06-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I've watched Scottish games in the wee Irish Bar on the corner in Alstadt before. Funnily enough I even met Matty Jack in there one time.

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2013, 09:16 PM
good luck. Wi scheiss Fortuna being the Monday night game, it would need to be one of Irish bars giving up a screen. Why you not heading to to the local Game anyway?? Decent one v league leaders....well they were last week if not just now.

I'm in kolnmesse for the whole day. Got home at 20:15 tonight so I was gonna just head to a bar straight from the train tomorrow assuming the same sort of traffic. According to German TV Munich are leaders now.

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I've watched Scottish games in the wee Irish Bar on the corner in Alstadt before. Funnily enough I even met Matty Jack in there one time.

Oreillys looks good but never got the chance to ask about the game. Gonna just head down there from the train station tomorrow, hopefully I'll get to see the Hibees, if no the there will be some fitba on.

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm in kolnmesse for the whole day. Got home at 20:15 tonight so I was gonna just head to a bar straight from the train tomorrow assuming the same sort of traffic. According to German TV Munich are leaders now.

Fortuna are in the wee Bundesliga - they're playing the spectacularly named SpVgg Greuther Fürth, who have been leading the 2. Bundesliga (second with a game in hand now).

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Fortuna are in the wee Bundesliga - they're playing the spectacularly named SpVgg Greuther Fürth, who have been leading the 2. Bundesliga (second with a game in hand now).

Ah right excuse ma ignorance of the German leagues it's all Dutch to me lol😜 great name for a fitba team. I bet spvgg stands for a 38 letter word no non German can pronounce lol

hibby rae
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Dukla Prague away kit for moi.

I want one of those for Christmas.

wpj
06-10-2013, 09:57 PM

go to mclaughlins in altstadt, they will have at least one tv with the Hibs game

hibby rae
06-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Oreillys looks good but never got the chance to ask about the game. Gonna just head down there from the train station tomorrow, hopefully I'll get to see the Hibees, if no the there will be some fitba on.

I'm pretty sure that must be the one I've watched Scottish football in as well.

NYHibby
06-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Ah right excuse ma ignorance of the German leagues it's all Dutch to me lol great name for a fitba team. I bet spvgg stands for a 38 letter word no non German can pronounce lol

Spielvereinigung - so you are not that far off

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2013, 10:47 PM
So who was the Hibee is seen last night in laderhosen and a Hibs top in dusseldorf's Altstadt?

I spoke to boltonhibs yesterday, and he was in Germany for the beer festival. I never asked where he was, but i'd have thought he'd be in Munich, but the attire you mention does sound like what he'd be wearing and with the drink he likes to swally he could have ended up anywhere?

Keith_M
07-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I spoke to boltonhibs yesterday, and he was in Germany for the beer festival. I never asked where he was, but i'd have thought he'd be in Munich, but the attire you mention does sound like what he'd be wearing and with the drink he likes to swally he could have ended up anywhere?

That would have to be some detour, Düsseldorf fae Munich. That's like headin for the Braemar Highland Games and ending up in West Bromwich by accident.

Is his sense of direction really THAT bad?

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
That would have to be some detour, Düsseldorf fae Munich. That's like headin for the Braemar Highland Games and ending up in West Bromwich by accident.

:agree: We were driving home from a game one night, and missed the 702 turn off on the ring road, he said no problem we will just carry on down the A1 its south and we can cut across.

Its not much longer he said. :greengrin

PeeJay
07-10-2013, 11:21 AM

The "Beer festival or Oktoberfest" is not restricted to Munich - they have them all over the place here (we even have one (at least) here in Berlin where they also all dress up in the Bavarian "style" (sic) ...)

Craig_in_Prague
07-10-2013, 11:21 AM
BT Sport signal is now just recieveable in UK (unless a huge dish) so those in Germany might struggle to see it as well now.

pacorosssco
07-10-2013, 11:38 AM
go to mclaughlins in altstadt, they will have at least one tv with the Hibs game

boy that runs it is friends with matty jack i think?, met them both at viteses friendly few years ago

Future17
07-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Probably one of the Hibees who went to Essen via Dusseldorf in 2005 and hasn't made it back yet...

wpj
07-10-2013, 12:24 PM
boy that runs it is friends with matty jack i think?, met them both at viteses friendly few years ago

Possibly, not sure who the guvner is these days, it's a proper footie pub (although it does have a celtc supporters club) but I know there are a couple of Hibbees who drink there.

They also do snacks so maybe there is the Matty Jack roll?

Hope Fortuna win tonighght as well!!

Oscar T Grouch
07-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I'm gonna head into altstadt and see what's happening. It's 19:25 here the noo so we must be two hours in front. That's gonna be a 21:45 kick off!! Late night the night and up early for more fun at Anuga and it's ma birthday the morn, yeah!!

PeeJay
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I'm gonna head into altstadt and see what's happening. It's 19:25 here the noo so we must be two hours in front. That's gonna be a 21:45 kick off!! Late night the night and up early for more fun at Anuga and it's ma birthday the morn, yeah!!

No - even in Düsseldorf the time is only + 1 hour - KO will be at 20:45 local time!

Keith_M
07-10-2013, 05:54 PM
No - even in Düsseldorf the time is only + 1 hour - KO will be at 20:45 local time!

You shouldn't have told him..

... it would serve him right for thinking that Düsseldorf is one hour out from the rest of Germany :wink:

Frazerbob
07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
You shouldn't have told him..

... it would serve him right for thinking that Düsseldorf is one hour out from the rest of Germany :wink:

Had many a night in Dusseldorf, usually resulting in not knowing what day it is never mind the time. Magic city!

Drem
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Try the Knotten Bar in the Aldstadt.
Damn good bar and there's a great little Italian Restaurant just a hundred yards up the road from it.

hibbybrian
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Had many a night in Dusseldorf, usually resulting in not knowing what day it is never mind the time. Magic city!

I was there last year and there were 2 Irish pubs about 25 yards apart - I went into the one opposite the local bar with the tv showing outside :greengrin

RIP
07-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Hahahaha thanks for the laugh. Stuck in a hotel room sitting having a lovely pork schnitzel and seen a Hibees top and Green laderhosen, I was gonna chase after them but the schnitzel was lovely

It must be hard to decide between chasing a man in lederhosen, gobbling a sausage or watching a German dubbed film?

I presume you've told the wife it's a business trip?

RyeSloan
07-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Watching that on telly in a Warsaw hotel just now...great game! The pace and quality is seriously impressive for a wee bundesliga game, if only the SPL was half as good we would be raving about it.!

2-1 to dussel just now but the furth are steaming forward and have managed to miss two sitters in 5 mins.