PDA

View Full Version : NHC SPFL naming of the divisions

lapsedhibee
06-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Loadypish this naming some of the divisions with proper words, eg "Championship" and others with numbers eg "League Two". They should be either all words or all numbers.

Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 and Division 4 would do me fine. But if it has to be words, then Ultraship, Supership, Premiership and Championship.

The present arrangement's irrational captain.

Saorsa
06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
The yams could be in a division of their own, the Sinkingship.

Juice-Terry
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Loadypish this naming some of the divisions with proper words, eg "Championship" and others with numbers eg "League Two". They should be either all words or all numbers.

Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 and Division 4 would do me fine. But if it has to be words, then Ultraship, Supership, Premiership and Championship.

Spot on!

Hibs Class
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
The yams could be in a division of their own, the Sinkingship.

:not worth

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2013, 07:36 PM

We could make them all irrational, with the four divisions being:

π
e
√2
ln(x), where x is an integer ≥ 2

Thoughts?

Mr White
06-10-2013, 07:45 PM

π
e
√2

Thoughts?
ally mcoist would be salivating at the thought of getting back to the pie league.

lapsedhibee
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM

π
e
√2

Thoughts?

Using Root Two risks another Quizball nostalgiafest.

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
ally mcoist would be salivating at the thought of getting back to the pie league.

I was thinking of calling it the SπL.

Mr White
06-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I was thinking of calling it the SπL.

:tee hee:

Waxy
06-10-2013, 08:25 PM

The present arrangement's irrational captain.Your so correct.And why do they have to be ships?
More appropriate if it was the Scottish Premierraft,or the Championdingy,

down-the-slope
06-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Never understood 'Championship'...like the Champions league....where 75% are not ... well Champions..

could be..

Best Teams League
Hoping to join Best Teams League
Happy to make a living out of it League
Survival is the priority League

Hibercelona
07-10-2013, 06:06 AM
"We're pretty rank for a top league" league
"Canne handle the rank league" league
"We're only plumbers and painters" league
"We're still the same club, honest" league

Keith_M
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
The name's are totally cr*p, being just a rip off from the English Leagues, but it's better than Donkeycaster's first suggestion:

'The Armageddon League'.

ballengeich
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
It was a wasted marketing opportunity. We should have introduced something that would have made Scottish league football unique and easily identifiable all over the world via the Braveheart factor.

I'd have introduced a rule that all teams must field at least three players with beards like Rowan Vine, but ginger.

Scouse Hibee
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Premeir League = Ken Dodd league
Championship = Diddymen league 1 and so on

nonshinyfinish
07-10-2013, 09:45 PM
It was a wasted marketing opportunity. We should have introduced something that would have made Scottish league football unique and easily identifiable all over the world via the Braveheart factor.

I'd have introduced a rule that all teams must field at least three players with beards like Rowan Vine, but ginger.

Now you're talking. It takes me ages to get a beard though, so Hibs might have to wait until January for the swoop.