Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Heff
Collins

subs, Murdoch, Mullen, McGivern, Nelson, Vine, Stanton

Franck Stanton
06-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Don't think for a minute Fenlon will go with this , but..... I would play.... Murdoch...Maybury...Forster...McGivern....Stephens on ...........Midfield of......... Thomson [holding role]...Robertson...Craig.....Subir [?], front two of Collins and Heffernan

Onceinawhile
06-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Williams

maybury mcpake nelson mcgivern

Robertson taiwo thomson Craig

heff Collins

it's harsh on hanlon, but I just don't like him very much!!

Zoubir to come on after 55-60 minutes and turn 1 point into 3.

Unseen work
06-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't think for a minute Fenlon will go with this , but..... I would play.... Murdoch...Maybury...Forster...McGivern....Stephens on ...........Midfield of......... Thomson [holding role]...Robertson...Craig.....Subir [?], front two of Collins and Heffernan

Want Forster to get a chance also but only when a centre half really slips up, so far Hanlon and Nelson have been solid bar a couple of slight mistakes.

McGivern doesn't deserve to be starting at all right now IMO.

Judas Iscariot
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Williams

Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern

Robertson Thomson Craig Zoubir

Collins Heeferman

If we go with that team, 3-1 Hibs, easy peasy :agree:

neil7908
06-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Not sure the current fitness levels of McPake or McGivern but if those 2 were available I would go with the following:

Williams

Maybury Forster/McPake Hanlon McGivern

Zoubir Robertson Thomson Craig

Collins Heffernan

Although we are away from home we need to be picking up 3 points. Looking at the table now a loss would leave us 8th which with us nearly completed the first round of fixtures and tough games to come against Celtic and Aberdeen, would simply not be good enough.

Stringer
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Williams

Maybury Forster. Hanlon. McGivern.

Thomson

Robertson Stanton. Craig. Zoubir

Collins

Squealing pig
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Williams, maybury, mcpake, nelson, mcgivern, thomson,robertson,craig,zoubir,collins, heff.

Murdoch, forster, jones, vine, caldwell, taiwo, cairney

Hanlon dropped and fined 2 weeks wages for poor performances.

SaulGoodman
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
It's actually Partick Thistle.

Thistle is offensive.

rennie_hfc
06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
--------------Williams
Maybury--Nelson--Hanlon--McGivern
--------Robertson-Thomson
Zoubir------------------------Craig
---------Heffernan--Collins

BT58
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Williams

Maybury Nelson McPake Stevenson

Zoubir Robertson Thomson

Craig

Collins Heffernando

get Zoubir on from start,, PF stating that this team needs PACE,,,well Zoubir can give us that,,,,,3-1 the cabbage :flag::flag::flag:
Bt

silverhibee
06-10-2013, 06:32 PM
McPake will not start the game, i am pretty amazed he is even making the bench to be honest.

S.sct
06-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Got to have two wide men and we will win. Would start Zoubir and Cairney but can't see PF doing that. They push their full backs on so hence the proper wide men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Andy74
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I'd start the team that won the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. If Maybury is fit McGivern should go to the bench.

silverhibee
06-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd start the team that won the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. If Maybury is fit McGivern should go to the bench.

:agree:

Hate to say it but the lad Zoubir is not ready to be starting games in the SPL yet.

California-Hibs
07-10-2013, 05:00 AM
It's actually Partick Thistle.

Thistle is offensive.

Are even if it is (which it isn't) who cares?! :confused:

DanHFC1875
07-10-2013, 07:40 AM

Murdoch haha No thanks

GreenOnions
07-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry to say but I can't believe how many still have a back 4 including Nelson. He is THE biggest liability in our team and has had a direct involvement in around three-quarters of our goals conceded this season. His passing is also atrocious. McPake used to get slaughtered for far less and, IMO, his mistakes were largely due to his level of fitness at the time.

If McPake and Maybury are fit I'd go:

Maybury, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson

Robertson, Taiwo, Thomson, Craig

Collins, Heffernan

If McPake and/or Maybury are unfit I'd have Forster and/or McGivern instead.

Ritchie
07-10-2013, 10:18 AM
don't understand why people pick McGivern over Stevenson at LB

Just_Jimmy
07-10-2013, 10:41 AM

Because he is a better player.

This isn't a "hate Lewis Stevenson" post at all.

TheFamous1875
07-10-2013, 10:42 AM

Preconceived notion that McGivern is a better player, when right now, "close second" Lewis Stevenson is in better form, fully fit and fully match sharp. Lewis all the way for this one, unless McGivs has caught up on fitness and sharpness over this long week, and Lewis goes LM? The two work well together on the left, but I don't see what formation would allow this given our current likely starting XI.

One thing I can say is Lewis is in fine form and can't be dropped for no one in our squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheFamous1875
07-10-2013, 10:44 AM
McGivern's had two shoddy displays and he hasn't been fully fit. He's a good player, so his latest outings are highlighted as they were so poor when he shouldn't be on the pitch in his state anyway. Lewis is the man just now, and Ryan has to prove himself to get back in the squad.

Ritchie
07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Because he is a better player.

This isn't a "hate Lewis Stevenson" post at all.

i'd tend to agree but going by form this season i'd pick lewis everytime.

Give McGivern a shot at CB

B.H.F.C
Think there may be 2 or 3 changes. I can see Pat using this as his opportunity to get McPake back in to the side. If Maybury is fit I think he will play. Also think Taiwo will drop out as something in the middle of the park needs to change after Inverness but he won't drop Thomson. I'd move Robertson central and give Zoubir a run but I can't see him doing that. Got a feeling he will bring Jones back Taiwo.

Ritchie
McGivern's had two shoddy displays and he hasn't been fully fit. He's a good player, so his latest outings are highlighted as they were so poor when he shouldn't be on the pitch in his state anyway. Lewis is the man just now, and Ryan has to prove himself to get back in the squad.

Preconceived notion that McGivern is a better player, when right now, "close second" Lewis Stevenson is in better form, fully fit and fully match sharp. Lewis all the way for this one, unless McGivs has caught up on fitness and sharpness over this long week, and Lewis goes LM? The two work well together on the left, but I don't see what formation would allow this given our current likely starting XI.

One thing I can say is Lewis is in fine form and can't be dropped for no one in our squad.

:agree:

jacomo
07-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Is McGivern fit? I was pleased we signed him in the summer and really thought he'd be a big player for us this season. He's got the pedigree and physique to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Disappointing thus far.

Hibstrooper
07-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry to say but I can't believe how many still have a back 4 including Nelson. He is THE biggest liability in our team and has had a direct involvement in around three-quarters of our goals conceded this season. His passing is also atrocious. McPake used to get slaughtered for far less and, IMO, his mistakes were largely due to his level of fitness at the time.

If McPake and Maybury are fit I'd go:

Maybury, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson

Robertson, Taiwo, Thomson, Craig

Collins, Heffernan

If McPake and/or Maybury are unfit I'd have Forster and/or McGivern instead.

That's the team I'd pick although I wouldn't be quite so damning in my criticism of Nelson.

Fenlon has spoken of competition all over the pitch so players need to perform. 6 goals in a week tells me the defense hasn't performed so needs to be changed to prove that it isn't just talk. McPake and Maybury in; Nelson and McGivern out for me.

Brightside
07-10-2013, 11:24 AM
He has surely learned to stop playing 2 def mids by now...

McGivern should be nowhere near that team if Lewis is fit.

Teddy, Forster, Hanlon, Lewis

Roberston Thomson Craig Zouby

Collins Heff

Hibee87
07-10-2013, 11:46 AM
If maybury makes it:

..............williams...............

mayb nelson hanlon stevenson

robertson thompson craig zouby

...........collins heff...............

If mayb doesnt make it then lewis at RB and mcgivern and LB

unfortunatly I dont see him starting with zouby so it will be as above with either Taiwo or Jones in the middle with Craig out left

AlbertK86
07-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Felt Stevenson dived in whilst caught out of position for ICT 1st goal and failed to close down due to again being out of position on another.

People have a view he has to be a great player as he came through our system and they want him to be good. Similar to a lot of people's view on Hanlon .... Neither are good enough ... In my opinion

Heisenberg
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Mcgivern has been playing rubbish for a while now. Stevenson has been way more solid when played at left back I think.

Ritchie
07-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Felt Stevenson dived in whilst caught out of position for ICT 1st goal and failed to close down due to again being out of position on another.

People have a view he has to be a great player as he came through our system and they want him to be good. Similar to a lot of people's view on Hanlon .... Neither are good enough ... In my opinion

i am not one of those 'people'.

lewis isn't a world beater and is a good squad player to have however this season he has played really well and deserves his place in the starting 11.

He's been better then any other option at LB this season so why replace him?

TheFamous1875
07-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Williams

Maybs. Nelson/. Hanlon. Stevenson.
Forster
(J McP if fit)
Zoubir. Robertson. Thomson. Craig.

Heffernan. Collins.

I think Zoubir may be an educated risk, as he could win the match before it's finished, and then when he tires we can bring Cairney/Stanton on. It's a risk, but he could be that quality. I'm not sure Fenlon is the man for risks though - just a hunch!

Although looking at it now, maybe Maybury requires more cover? I would hope that would be supplied by Robertson and I think Lewis and Liam could be a good combo on the left, allowing Liam to get forward as Lewis will keep an eye on the back, and vice versa should the occasion arise.

The jury's still out for Nelson, and I'm very eager for Jordon to get a place, but we'll see. James McPake with his issues probably shouldn't even be on the bench! However, lets hope he has turned the corner (no pun intended) and is quietly getting himself back to his best. I felt his Hibernian TV interview showed that he acknowledged that maybe he hadn't had the ideal approach to recovery with injections and setting dates to return for, that this time around he was going to be more patient with his recovery, which is great to hear! Although it leaves me a bit annoyed that maybe if he'd done this last season he would've already been back!http://youtu.be/fcymbbeJ4oc

I think Heffernan and Collins pick themselves really. Vine hasn't impressed enough (there's definitely quality there though!) and neither has Caldwell (there's more time for him as he's a lot younger) and the aforementioned two seem to be building an understanding of one another, so we should be persevering with them as our first choice's.

JimBHibees
07-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Would have the same team as the St Mirren game.

Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Heff
Collins

I think we can score two or three tonight as to me Thistle are poor defensively and can be caught out on the break as Aberdeen showed.

TheFamous1875
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Would have the same team as the St Mirren game.

Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Heff
Collins

I think we can score two or three tonight as to me Thistle are poor defensively and can be caught out on the break as Aberdeen showed.

If we're wanting to catch them on the break, then surely Zoubir HAS to start?

AlbertK86
07-10-2013, 02:36 PM
i am not one of those 'people'. lewis isn't a world beater and is a good squad player to have however this season he has played really well and deserves his place in the starting 11. He's been better then any other option at LB this season so why replace him?

Wasn't having a personal go at you just pointing out a general observation

number9dream
07-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Thistle like to knock it about on the deck, so we should be pressing them high (something we rarely do), and they really stretch the play with their full-backs bombing up and down all the time. If Pat goes for his usual four centre mids then we could struggle.
Thistle's problem is finishing off all their nice play. Our central defenders should be able to take care of Doolan.
We need to force the issue and keep their full-backs pinned back, which is why Zoubir could be a useful starter out wide. Not sure Pat would sacrifice one of his two holding players though...

Ritchie
07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Wasn't having a personal go at you just pointing out a general observation

:aok:

HFCLEGENDS
07-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Or me I'd go

Williamson

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Zoubir

Heffernan
Collins

Subs

Murdoch
Stevenson
Forster
Taiwo
Cairney
Stanton
Caldwell/Vine

Zoubir given a free role to go where he wants

3-1 Hibs Heff Collins and Zoubir

Yip but I would replace Williamson with Williams :D

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 2

AlbertK86
07-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Yip but I would replace Williamson with Williams :D Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 2

Guid spot ... Could blame predictive text but will admit to ma dyslexic fnginers !!

Franck Stanton
07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Murdoch haha No thanks
Why ? Williams, I admit is the better keeper when he is on form , however...recently he has been making quite a few unforced errors. Keepers , it would seem, don't get dropped whenever they are not performing as well as they can. Given Williams recent form had he been an outfield player would not be selected for tonights game. As for the rest of the defence, well, they haven't exactly installed much confidence and deserve to be re-hashed

McKenzie
07-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Williams

Maybs
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Thomson
Taiwo
Craig

Heff
Collins

2 ball playing centre halves should start the build up play how we all want it. Zouby as an impact sub in the last half hour, Cairney can also be used in that situation if needs be.