PDA

View Full Version : Young Partick Thistle fan has died - applause of respect

joe breezy
06-10-2013, 02:11 AM
A young Partick Thistle fan of 23 years of age has unfortunately passed away.

It looks like there will be a round if applause but at the moment it seems it will be in the 23rd minute rather than before the match.

From a Thistle forum

"As most of you will now be aware the club lost one of its fans Scott Cant this week. Scott was Thistle daft and unfortunately passed away at the age of 23. Between various social media outlets messages have been passed on to the family for which they are very grateful. It has been suggested that a banner and a minutes applause would be fitting for a young man who loved the Jags. His YouTube videos of all thistle goals have become a part of our every sat night after games. Having spoken to his family they are overwhelmed by the messages of sympathy. Therefore it has been suggested by numerous fans that we honour Scott by a minutes applause in the 23rd min of our game v hibs on Mon night as his brother will be attending with friends and some family. Also the north stand are trying to get a banner organised for our next home game v Celtic including applause again as his mum and dad will be attending. I ask all Jags fans to remember Scott and his family by joining in at both games with the applause. I have spoken to Celtic friends of mine who are also going to pass the message round their own supporters and join in honouring Scott."

essexhibee
06-10-2013, 05:45 AM
Terrible stuff. Nothing but total respect for guys who could choose the easy option and support one of the ugly sisters but choose to support their local/less successful team just like this chap.

May he rest in peace.

ekhibee
06-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Terrible stuff. Nothing but total respect for guys who could choose the easy option and support one of the ugly sisters but choose to support their local/less successful team just like this chap.

May he rest in peace.

Totally agree. Just a young guy who was loyal to the club that he loved. It's dreadfully sad and I think it's a nice gesture to do that by the supporters.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Always good to show respect and I think the minutes' applause is more appropriate than s minutes' silence but I think it is better done before the kick off. That way, all the players can join in too and it had a fixed start and end. Can't help but think it would be awful if Thistle fans started clapping on 23 mins then got a goal disallowed and started booing.

Hibiza
06-10-2013, 10:37 AM
yes . will join in.

Hibercelona
06-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Always good to show respect and I think the minutes' applause is more appropriate than s minutes' silence but I think it is better done before the kick off. That way, all the players can join in too and it had a fixed start and end. Can't help but think it would be awful if Thistle fans started clapping on 23 mins then got a goal disallowed and started booing.

Does the referee not stop play for a minute, to allow the applause to take place?

LancashireHibby
06-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Will definitely join in with that. Tragic at such a young age. My mum passed away yesterday morning so I know exactly what they're going through.

Keith_M
06-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Will definitely join in with that. Tragic at such a young age. My mum passed away yesterday morning so I know exactly what they're going through.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, condolences.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Does the referee not stop play for a minute, to allow the applause to take place?

Is that allowed?

FranckSuzy
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM

Sorry to hear that LH.

monktonharp
06-10-2013, 12:03 PM
this will get a mention on our supporters bus, and we will join in at that moment with the Partick Thistle fans.

merritthibees
06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Would be a great gesture for all fans at the game to join in! I can't make it tomorrow... But if I was their I would defo be joining in! What a shame for the family!

therealgavmac
06-10-2013, 06:47 PM

So sorry pal, thoughts are with you

Jonnyboy
06-10-2013, 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your Mum LH

RIP to her and the young Thistle man

HH81
07-10-2013, 08:13 AM

sorry to hear that mate. Brave effort going up there on a Monday night, you staying over?

franks
07-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Will definitely join in as I'm sure both sets of fans will as long as they know about it.

LancashireHibby
07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
sorry to hear that mate. Brave effort going up there on a Monday night, you staying over?
Yeah just got on the train at Wigan. Got train for £13 return and Travelodge for £29 as soon as the game got moved. I wasn't going to bother coming up for obvious reasons but the rest of the family persuaded me that I should still go to the game.

Hibrandenburg
08-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Yeah just got on the train at Wigan. Got train for £13 return and Travelodge for £29 as soon as the game got moved. I wasn't going to bother coming up for obvious reasons but the rest of the family persuaded me that I should still go to the game.

Sorry to hear about your mum mate, condolences.

givescotlandfreedom
08-10-2013, 11:38 AM

Sorry to hear that, my condolences.

partickthistle
08-10-2013, 12:05 PM
A thank you to all Hibs fans for joining in was much appreciated and the lads family was at the game last night and appreciated it.

This is what the football family is about and something the likes of Celtic and Rangers will never understand.

LH very sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you and your family are bearing up as best you can at a very difficult time.

FranckSuzy
08-10-2013, 02:27 PM
A thank you to all Hibs fans for joining in was much appreciated and the lads family was at the game last night and appreciated it.

This is what the football family is about and something the likes of Celtic and Rangers will never understand.

LH very sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you and your family are bearing up as best you can at a very difficult time.

It's good of you to post that and to offer your condolences to one of the Hibs family at the same class. Cheers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Nice one.

There were a few guys sitting around me that never knew what was going on, but, joined in as soon as it was explained to them.

joe breezy
08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Lancashire Hibby - really sorry about your mum, condolences to you and your family

On the subject of the applause glad to hear Hibs fans joined in, it didn't look like it on the telly but they were mostly focusing on the Jags fans at the time