PDA

View Full Version : Partick v Hibernian

monktonharp
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
just had a wee look at the PTFC site, and was surprised to discover that they are letting under 16's in for nowt. this is for the home end, and they are charging our youngsters £5. no argument with it anyway, and I think it's a great thing. this attitude would certainly encourage our youngsters along on wet Mon/Tues weekday matches. thoughts?

Eyrie
05-10-2013, 08:41 AM
It's a good idea. I'm of the opinion that under 10s, or even under 12s, should be free anyway to encourage more kids to attend games and get them in the habit for later in life.

monktonharp
05-10-2013, 10:36 AM
It's a good idea. I'm of the opinion that under 10s, or even under 12s, should be free anyway to encourage more kids to attend games and get them in the habit for later in life.:agree:I'd certainly like to see our club doing what Partick are, at least for televised/midweek games.

TRC
05-10-2013, 10:42 AM
i may be wrong here but I think PT do this for all their home games?

wookie70
05-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I thought away kids went free too. I was going to take my 2 through as the value, like St. Johnstone, was too good to miss. Might watch it on TV now. Still a good deal but with it being a tv game and a school night for the kids its harder to justify.

joe breezy
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
It's Partick Thistle rather than 'Partick' on its own

monktonharp
05-10-2013, 05:36 PM

aye ok, I'll also say" The Rangers" too

Hibercelona
05-10-2013, 05:58 PM
aye ok, I'll also say" The Rangers" too

And "Hibernian".

We're no called "Hibs" you know! :grr:

joe breezy
05-10-2013, 06:33 PM
And "Hibernian".

We're no called "Hibs" you know! :grr:

Hibs isn't offensive though is it? Partick is offensive to Thistle fans

It's okay to call them Thistle but not Partick

GordonHFC
05-10-2013, 07:11 PM
It's a good idea. I'm of the opinion that under 10s, or even under 12s, should be free anyway to encourage more kids to attend games and get them in the habit for later in life.

Have said the exact same for years.

judas
05-10-2013, 08:14 PM

You learn something every day. Had no idea this was offensive to their fans. As a matter of interest, do you know why?

DaveF
05-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Offensive - Really :rolleyes:

I suppose it's the hip thing nowadays to be offended by anything and everything.

HibbyAndy
05-10-2013, 08:21 PM

no its not.

Peevemor
05-10-2013, 08:25 PM

Not for any Partick fans that I know.

Hibercelona
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Aye. I can see how that would be offensive to anybody.

Peevemor
05-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Not for any Partick fans that I know.

monktonharp
05-10-2013, 08:50 PM
And "Hibernian".

We're no called "Hibs" you know! :grr: I'M Lost! look at the original post ya radge

ronaldo7
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
I'M Lost! look at the original post ya radge

You must be a bus convenor:greengrin

monktonharp
05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
You must be a bus convenor:greengrinnever been lost in transit though:greengrin I tend to blame the driver

My_Wife_Camille
05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
My mate got battered at last weeks game for saying 'Inverness' instead of 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle'.

Also heard rumours that the London Riots were started after somebody referred to Tottenham Hotspur as 'Spurs' but can't confirm. If it was the case though then I can see why because I've heard it's a deeply offensive term

hibsbollah
05-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Picked up from facebook this evening...

"please all hibs fans travelling to Partick on Monday ,there will be a minutes applause on the 23 rd minute for a young jags fan who passed away early in the week aged 23 ,I have been asked by a Thistle fan friend of mine if the Hibs fans would join in as we are the best fans in the world don't anyone let us down we are all part of the football family ,so please forward this to any Hibs fans you know thanks in advance"

SaulGoodman
05-10-2013, 10:20 PM
A Spurs a Partick and an Englishman all walk into a bar..

nonshinyfinish
05-10-2013, 10:53 PM

Ouch.

joe breezy
06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
I was a Partick Thistle fan as is my dad and obviously I was friends with a few Thistle fans.

We used to say 'I hate how Edinburgh people call Thistle 'Partick'

That was in the 70s and early 80s maybe it's changed now but I still know a Jags fan and when we are taking about Thistle I've never heard him saying 'Partick' on its own when referring to Partick Thistle

I hated it, still do, still have a soft spot for them - I actually don't enjoy Thistle Hibs games

Partick Thistle were founded in 1876, ICT in the 1994, Meadowbank Thistle in 1974

Partick Thistle are known as Partick Thistle, Thistle, the Jags, the Harry Wrags, the Maryhill Magyars but not Partick on its own

You'll never hear a Thistle song that says come on Partick

AgentDaleCooper
06-10-2013, 01:44 AM
a partick thistle fan being offended by being called a partick fan is completely equivalent to someone called robert being offended by being called rob. i can see that they might not be comfortable with it, or might not like it, but this is purely, simply and utterly because it's not what they're used to. if you are offended by that which you are not used to, then you have a problem that is entirely yours. i don't think anybody should worry about referring to them as partick. it's not derogatory in any way shape or form. i get that they don't actually play in partick, but being offended by that...? wtf?

God Petrie
06-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Allez allez allez ohhhhhhh

joe breezy
06-10-2013, 02:08 AM
a partick thistle fan being offended by being called a partick fan is completely equivalent to someone called robert being offended by being called rob. i can see that they might not be comfortable with it, or might not like it, but this is purely, simply and utterly because it's not what they're used to. if you are offended by that which you are not used to, then you have a problem that is entirely yours. i don't think anybody should worry about referring to them as partick. it's not derogatory in any way shape or form. i get that they don't actually play in partick, but being offended by that...? wtf?

It's no different from the N word or the Y word.

Racism pure and simple

I am only kidding in this post

Offended is perhaps the wrong word - I still find it annoying

Keith_M
06-10-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm so offended by this whole thread. I'm just not sure who I should report it to.

Alex Salmond? :dunno:

matty_f
06-10-2013, 08:28 AM

Is this some kind of a joke?

WestEndHibee
06-10-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm so offended by this whole thread. I'm just not sure who I should report it to.

Alex Salmond? :dunno:

Just as long as you don't go calling him "Eck"

Weststandwanab
06-10-2013, 08:52 AM
aye ok, I'll also say" The Rangers" too It should be mandatory !

A Spurs a Partick and an Englishman all walk into a bar.. Did they get out of the bar ?

RoYO!
06-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Potatoes?

franks
06-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Picked up from facebook this evening...

"please all hibs fans travelling to Partick on Monday ,there will be a minutes applause on the 23 rd minute for a young jags fan who passed away early in the week aged 23 ,I have been asked by a Thistle fan friend of mine if the Hibs fans would join in as we are the best fans in the world don't anyone let us down we are all part of the football family ,so please forward this to any Hibs fans you know thanks in advance"

Happy to join in.

Eyrie
06-10-2013, 11:21 AM
It's no different from the N word or the Y word.

Racism pure and simple

I am only kidding in this post

Offended is perhaps the wrong word - I still find it annoying

It's well known that Glaswegians face discrimination in Edinburgh - there's proof here (http://www.scotsman.com/news/stephen-mcginty-the-fish-supper-sauce-debate-1-3127206).

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Offensive - Really :rolleyes:

I suppose it's the hip thing nowadays to be offended by anything and everything.

Certainly has been on here for the last couple of weeks.

weonlywon6-2
06-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Anyways,debate aside,another big game tomorrow night.We need a win to get us back on track.

Keith_M
06-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Anyways,debate aside,another big game tomorrow night.We need a win to get us back on track.

Discussion of the game?

Get tae P*****k!!

weonlywon6-2
06-10-2013, 11:41 AM

monktonharp
06-10-2013, 11:50 AM
I was a Partick Thistle fan as is my dad and obviously I was friends with a few Thistle fans.

That was in the 70s and early 80s maybe it's changed now but I still know a Jags fan and when we are taking about Thistle I've never heard him saying 'Partick' on its own when referring to Partick Thistle

I hated it, still do, still have a soft spot for them - I actually don't enjoy Thistle Hibs games

Partick Thistle were founded in 1876, ICT in the 1994, Meadowbank Thistle in 1974

Partick Thistle are known as Partick Thistle, Thistle, the Jags, the Harry Wrags, the Maryhill Magyars but not Partick on its own

You'll never hear a Thistle song that says come on Partickoh, the banter!

monktonharp
06-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Anyways,debate aside,another big game tomorrow night.We need a win to get us back on track.yep, spot on , and just to give our team a wee jag.....let's sing a wee song. can you stick a Partick thistle up yer erse, can ye stick a
Partick Thistle up yer erse, can ye stick a .........

Keith_M
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
I see the Hibs support are to be situated in the Main Stand. I just hope, for the sake of those attending, that they don't have to sit in the southern half of the Stand.

Partick's (no offence intended) Main Stand must be the only one I know where hundreds of seats have no view of one of the goals. What's worse is that if you have the misfortune of getting a seat too close to that end, you actually can't see the south end goal, two of the corner flags and most of the 18 yard box.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2013, 02:16 PM

What colour laces were they wearing?

Keith_M
06-10-2013, 02:38 PM
What colour laces were they wearing?

Nobody knows, none of them wanted to bend down to look.

KazHibby
06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I see the Hibs support are to be situated in the Main Stand. I just hope, for the sake of those attending, that they don't have to sit in the southern half of the Stand

Partick's (no offence intended) Main Stand must be the only one I know where hundreds of seats have no view of one of the goals. What's worse is that if you have the misfortune of getting a seat too close to that end, you actually can't see the south end goal, two of the corner flags and most of the 18 yard box.

Was that no' a design requirement at patrick oops

Miguel
06-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Don't mind Partick Thistle. Used to like their old red and yellow hooped strip. Seen some good games at Firhill and their fans are usually good for banter.
Wasn't aware they disliked being called Partick, but the Thistle fans I've known hate being patronised that 'at least you're not Rangers or Celtic.'

Frazerbob
06-10-2013, 03:35 PM

You'll never hear a Thistle song that says come on Partick

What is it they say about changing your wife or job but never your football team? Joe Breezy = glory hunter :na na:

marinello59
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Don't mind Partick Thistle. Used to like their old red and yellow hooped strip. Seen some good games at Firhill and their fans are usually good for banter.
Wasn't aware they disliked being called Partick, but the Thistle fans I've known hate being patronised that 'at least you're not Rangers or Celtic.'

I don't blame them. Some seem to think that they had made some courageous moral decision to follow Thistle rather than anybody else. Just another weegie team as far as I am concerned.

Jonnyboy
06-10-2013, 07:51 PM
yep, spot on , and just to give our team a wee jag.....let's sing a wee song. can you stick a Partick thistle up yer erse, can ye stick a
Partick Thistle up yer erse, can ye stick a .........

Very good, see what you did there :greengrin

monktonharp
07-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Very good, see what you did there :greengrin:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 02:38 PM
I see Hibs are 2s on Betfair, not a bad price (if we turn up).

Treadstone
07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I see Hibs are 2s on Betfair, not a bad price (if we turn up).

1.77 on the 'Asian' with a quarter ball start.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Cannae get my head round the asian betting!

joe breezy
07-10-2013, 02:57 PM
What is it they say about changing your wife or job but never your football team? Joe Breezy = glory hunter :na na:

Indeed....my mum and dad moved from Edinburgh to East Kilbride when I was 2 and back to Edinburgh when I was 6.

My dad made the error of taking me to Tynecastle once to see if I'd like to support Hearts instead of Thistle - it was against Clydebank and that day I was shouting 'come on Clydebank', in the hearts end.

Me and the Hibbies at Balgreen and Tynie were kindred spirits not going with the flow and supporting hertz. Got to 15 and wanted to go to games wi my pals rather than my dad.
I still go to the odd Jags game with my dad and I'll still shout come on Thistle. Have been to just one Hibs Thistle game since 1985 and I didn't enjoy it. I want both teams to win.

joe breezy
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't blame them. Some seem to think that they had made some courageous moral decision to follow Thistle rather than anybody else. Just another weegie team as far as I am concerned.

Scotland would be a better place if Sevco and Celtic were just another weegie team then...

I doubt they'd be much bigger than Thistle though without their perpetual re-enactment of 17th Century Ireland...

Sergio sledge
07-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I see the Hibs support are to be situated in the Main Stand. I just hope, for the sake of those attending, that they don't have to sit in the southern half of the Stand.

It's the same in the ICT main stand, although it's only 10-15 seats there.

marinello59
07-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Scotland would be a better place if Sevco and Celtic were just another weegie team then...

I doubt they'd be much bigger than Thistle though without their perpetual re-enactment of 17th Century Ireland...

I should probably have said Scottish rather than Weegie. Either way I won't be patronising Thistle fans for not supporting Rangers or Celtic.

cwilliamson85
07-10-2013, 04:12 PM
2/1 on William Hill for a Hibs win.

Chucked my £10 free bet on that, now fingers crossed.