PDA

View Full Version : Yams How good a manager is Gary Locke?

Carheenlea
04-10-2013, 09:11 PM
This is a serious question, - how good a manager is Gary Locke as a manager and how will the experience of managing Hearts this season stand him in stead for his future managerial career?

I`m no aficionado on tactics and what not, but I have wondered if he was to manage to keep Hearts up this season despite the obstacles in their way, which is realistically possible given how poor St Mirren are, could it be the making of him? It goes without saying that I wish him no luck in his quest, but I just wondered if those more knowledgeable about such matters think he is a decent manager in the making or if he really is someone destined for lower league management? (Hopefully with Hearts..)

eastterrace
04-10-2013, 09:13 PM
This is a serious question, - how good a manager is Gary Locke as a manager and how will the experience of managing Hearts this season stand him in stead for his future managerial career?

I`m no aficionado on tactics and what not, but I have wondered if he was to manage to keep Hearts up this season despite the obstacles in their way, which is realistically possible given how poor St Mirren are, could it be the making of him? It goes without saying that I wish him no luck in his quest, but I just wondered if those more knowledgeable about such matters think he is a decent manager in the making or if he really is someone destined for lower league management? (Hopefully with Hearts..)
he is a cheap option and he will fail to keep them up , they might just stick with him tho.

down-the-slope
04-10-2013, 09:19 PM
No idea about his coaching / managerial ability....but if he manages to do the apparently impossible and polish a turd...then he will have excelled.

Have to say I was impressed with young Hearts (U20's) when they played us recently - both Locke and BB were there although no idea what input / influence they have / had

Bostonhibby
04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
He's the admins uncle Fester, only show in town for the job at the price they could pay at the time, a bit like when the scoured the world for a CL winning manager and came up with some Eastern European no mark hand picked by the dear leader who got carted off to the gulag for wanting to pick his own team.

#FromTheCapital
04-10-2013, 11:15 PM
One things for sure, he's a better manager than McGlynn. I know that's not saying much, but he has less experience at the moment. Still a complete and utter fanny though. Reminds me of yogi when he speaks, doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box, must be all that pish he drinks :agree:

Since90+2
05-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Ugly man.

Mac
05-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Whether he's tactically astute or just a great motivator its difficult to tell but I think more the latter, he's done better than I expected but with such a young/small squad it will unravel as the season goes on, not a dig but the motivational element is the one thing PF lacks.

Waxy
05-10-2013, 08:02 AM
I think it's the fact that almost all are young players has worked in their favor up till now.
All running around like headless chickens giving 200 percent.
Teams should know how to play them now.

Golden Bear
05-10-2013, 08:10 AM
I suggest that his learning curve has been a lot shorter than others.

Matty_Jack04
05-10-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't think there's much to motivate really there all young guys wanting to make a name for themselves at a club who have been written off as relegation fodder no pressure really and has helped the young guys go out and play how they want too, if say there was no points penalty the big team would be expecting top 4 even with them they'd be toiling under the pressure as would the pee drinker, only a matter off time before the games start running out and the pressure begins to mount then we'll see if he has what it takes....I'm thinking he doesn't

saints win today would be fabulous

Bostonhibby
05-10-2013, 08:28 AM
One things for sure, he's a better manager than McGlynn. I know that's not saying much, but he has less experience at the moment. Still a complete and utter fanny though. Reminds me of yogi when he speaks, doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box, must be all that pish he drinks :agree:

My goldfish is a better manager than Fester but since I can exclusively reveal that it was not approached for the hearts job when they had to appoint a cheaper alternative than Fester I guess it means that Locke could go on to be a better yam manager than my goldfish.

Chump
05-10-2013, 08:46 AM

This is a serious answer....Gary Locke is a grade one knob jockey

ekhibee
05-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I can't stand Locke because of his Hearts connections over the years and all his rantings, but I actually think he is a good manager. It's a hard job he's got at a club with no money and full of youngsters, if, and it is a big if, he manages to keep them up credit where credits due. I still hate Hearts though, and always will, so I'd be really happy if they got relegated.

fat freddy
05-10-2013, 04:31 PM
He could be the first hearts manager in the great history of that most unique institution to guide the team to a points total of less than zero...more realistically he should make it into double figures which might be enough to keep them up depending on whether killie start to pick up points or not...he just needs to keep his team close enough to st.mirren and killie to ensure that they have five cup finals when the split occurs at the end of the season...if he can go into these games with a chance of staving off relegation he will be deemed to have done a good job...still too early to say if he has a long term future in management though.

greenlex
05-10-2013, 04:33 PM
He's Pish. Literally.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-10-2013, 09:38 PM
do they not supply elocution lessons at Heriot Watt?

The hoodied yam could sure do with them. Some of his media talks have been crimeworthy, to say the least.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Gary Locke - missed Hearts 1st trophy in decades due to injury.

Gary Locke - humped off the Hibees at Hampden in a final whilst at Killie.

Gary Locke - Manager of Hearts through default in a season when they are relegated.

Gary Locke - Loser.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-10-2013, 09:57 PM
He'll be sinking pints of matured pish tonight to block out the memory of today's defeat in the relegation decider.

PISTOL1875
07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
He is nothing more than a Stevie Frail mark 2.. Already bleating in the press about how things are difficult etc and playing the sympathy card.. He will be long gone when the next sniff of a job comes up , ( if it ever does )

Part/Time Supporter
08-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Interesting comments by Scott Robinson to BAnderson today...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-robinson-reveals-his-hearts-frustrations-1-3130899

“I thought I started the season pretty well,” Robinson told the Evening News. “The two home games against Hibs and Aberdeen were good games and I thought I played well at Ross County. I put my hand up and admit that last week [against Dundee United] I wasn’t in the game at all. I made a few errors and it was one of those days for me. I was really poor in that game.

“On Saturday there, I think it was a case of ‘I’ll just pick on him again and take him off’. I didn’t think I was the poorest out of the midfield four. It’s just been me on the day. Obviously, my confidence is really low now again. It’s just the case that, if things are going wrong, I probably know that it will be me coming off. That’s just the way it is. I just need to hope things are going well for the team or I’ll be first to come off.

Another issue irking Robinson is Hearts’ style of play, for he feels they are best suited to a possession game and is not a fan of the more direct approach taken against St Mirren on Saturday.

“St Mirren did a good job on the day and fully deserved their three points. I thought we did well in the first ten or 15 minutes, but apart from that we just never showed up at all.

“They have done a good job on us, but we’ve really got to be braver and just try to play football. We were playing percentages at times and that’s not going to be good enough to pick up points and get us out of the situation we’re in. We could build up our play a bit more instead of just going longer into channels and just hoping for throw-ins and stuff. Fair enough, that can get you up the pitch at times, but it’s not going to work for the whole game.

“As I’ve said before, I think we’re a better team if we do pass it and move it. Going in behind isn’t a bad ball, but to do that all the time makes it like pinball. In centre midfield, you’re just playing for second balls and it’s a bit scrappy. It’s not great, to be honest.

“I think Jim Goodwin won nearly every ball that came into his area and we played right into his hands. The ball was dropping into Paul McGowan’s feet and I think we were too deep at the back. Who do you put the blame on? Are we not tight enough to McGowan? Is the defence not pushing up enough? I just feel we had to regroup and look a different tactics.”

Northernhibee
08-10-2013, 11:59 AM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-robinson-reveals-his-hearts-frustrations-1-3130899

Proud :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Very proud of Robinson right now. I'm howling here.

clerriehibs
08-10-2013, 12:20 PM
I think he's great.

From a Hibs perspective.

It's about time the been started analyzing how god awful her is for the yams.

Treadstone
08-10-2013, 12:22 PM

Robinson is a wee fave of #allisbarry, wonder how this 'exclusive' came about ? Currently only three comments on story, once their Mums/carers have read it too them fancy it could become a right laugh.

Part/Time Supporter
08-10-2013, 12:25 PM
The Golden Shower has his say:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-gary-locke-responds-to-scott-robinson-1-3130892

“Scott is like that, he’s that type of boy,” Locke told the Evening News. “He does get a bit emotional and he does react in certain ways at times. On Saturday, I just felt we needed to change things at half-time. If I feel we need to change things and it works, then great. If it doesn’t work, then as a manager you take responsibility.

“It was just one of those things. We weren’t playing that great for 25 minutes before half-time and I felt we needed to go with another striker. That was the reason I changed it and obviously you have to sacrifice players. Unfortunately, this time it was Scott.

“I look at the games as open-minded as I can and, if I feel we need to change one or two things, that’s what I do. It’s a long, hard season ahead. We’ve got players who are going to play games, players who are going to come off in games. It’s very much everybody is in it together.”

Treadstone
08-10-2013, 12:27 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-gary-locke-responds-to-scott-robinson-1-3130892

Missed the bit at the end PTS.

"I’ve been delighted with the way the boys have really taken to the training, team selection and what we’re trying to do. That will remain the same for the rest of the season.”

Here's hoping.

dangermouse
08-10-2013, 12:30 PM
This is a serious question, - how good a manager is Gary Locke

Gary Locke could be called many things, a manager though, is not one of them.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2013, 02:54 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-robinson-reveals-his-hearts-frustrations-1-3130899

Hiber-nation
08-10-2013, 03:05 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-robinson-reveals-his-hearts-frustrations-1-3130899

Couldn't believe that interview, hilarious! Can't recall a player slagging off the manager as much. If they drop him because of it then that's a shame as he's absolute gash.

hibees 7062
08-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Another issue irking Robinson is Hearts’ style of play, for he feels they are best suited to a possession game and is not a fan of the more direct approach taken against St Mirren on Saturday :greengrin

JimBHibees
08-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Couldn't believe that interview, hilarious! Can't recall a player slagging off the manager as much. If they drop him because of it then that's a shame as he's absolute gash.

Incredibly stupid interview. So he has started all 11 games and is still moaning. How many more excuses can he throw in there, manager doesnt like me, no confidence, wrong tactics, blah, blah. Sounds like a spoilt kid.

fat freddy
08-10-2013, 04:02 PM
If this is whats being said to the media you can only imagine whats being said within the dressing room...This young (brave) hearts squad have came through the youth set up with darren murray teaching them to play football on the deck...they move into the first team and they're playing percentage hoofball the billy brown way...the two cultures are on a crash course with the first division being the destination...if hearts had a leader with any gumption/authority they might decide to put darren murray in charge of first team affairs as he has the backing of most of the squad...its now clear that locke doesn't.

michael_wilson1
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
cannot stand the man all he gives is excuses

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Scott Robinson is absolutely dire.

There's not one player I would take from their starting XI in place of ours. Holt and Walker I'd chuck into the under 20s squad and that'd be it.

Welcome to the level playing field Poppy Stealers, it's "pure barry" eh?

hibees 7062
08-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Scott Robinson is absolutely dire.

There's not one player I would take from their starting XI in place of ours. Holt and Walker I'd chuck into the under 20s squad and that'd be it.

Welcome to the level playing field Poppy Stealers, it's "pure barry" eh?

:agree:

Ozyhibby
08-10-2013, 05:06 PM
@mrewanmurray: I also believe U20 coach Darren Murray is wanted by Steven Pressley at Coventry City.

Kiddo
08-10-2013, 05:14 PM
@mrewanmurray: I also believe U20 coach Darren Murray is wanted by Steven Pressley at Coventry City.
Heard he's going due to not getting on with locke, quite a few problems between locke and the players

givescotlandfreedom
08-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Good to see 'the wee man' commands the same respect from his players as he gets from us.

weonlywon6-2
08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I can't stand Locke because of his Hearts connections over the years and all his rantings, but I actually think he is a good manager. It's a hard job he's got at a club with no money and full of youngsters, if, and it is a big if, he manages to keep them up credit where credits due. I still hate Hearts though, and always will, so I'd be really happy if they got relegated.

I have a kindof same opinon although i dont realy mind him.He does seem to be honest from what i have heard and he is not the fuddly that jeffries and levein were

Phil D. Rolls
08-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Brave boys start to crack. Proud of this young man's independent spirit.

theonlywayisup
08-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Could be an interesting couple of weeks with the next games being:

Killie v Ross County
Well v Hertz
St. Mirren v St. Johnstone

followed by

Killie v Hertz
United v St. Mirren

Hertz could be 15 and 16 points behind St. Mirren and Killie respectively, if all games are won by the home sides. That is no ground gained on the teams above after the first set of games. Could be trouble ahead.........

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Proud.

The Falcon
09-10-2013, 06:46 AM
The peasants are revolting,,

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/scott-robinson-unimpressed-by-hearts-substitution-1-3132627?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

"Hearts midfielder Scott Robinson has accused manager Gary Locke of “picking” on him after being replaced at half-time for the second successive game at the weekend."

One of the brave young lions is a tad miffed at Golden Gary.

Www1875hfc
09-10-2013, 07:12 AM
The peasants are revolting,,

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/scott-robinson-unimpressed-by-hearts-substitution-1-3132627?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

"Hearts midfielder Scott Robinson has accused manager Gary Locke of “picking” on him after being replaced at half-time for the second successive game at the weekend."

One of the brave young lions is a tad miffed at Golden Gary.

I know for a fact that Scott Robinson isn't the only one that Golden Gary picks on. Some of the young lads cant stand his mood swings.
Seemingly his man management is questionable to such a young group of players.

Ozyhibby
09-10-2013, 08:40 AM
@BarryAnderson_8: Confirmed: Darren Murray leaving #Hearts for Coventry City.

Aldo
09-10-2013, 08:47 AM

Ouch

SMAXXA
09-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Ouch

Dont be daft it's another of the wage bill don't you know

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Gary Locke - missed Hearts 1st trophy in decades due to injury.

Gary Locke - humped off the Hibees at Hampden in a final whilst at Killie.

Gary Locke - Manager of Hearts through default in a season when they are relegated.

Gary Locke - Loser.

and, Gary Locke-never managed a full 90 mins playing time against hibs, and that includes when he was a killie player

Gary Locke-loser on AND off the park

amen

p.s. who the **** is darren murray ? :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
09-10-2013, 08:56 AM

The seethe on kickback at a club in administration (Coventry) taking on a wage is hilarious.

I guess Murray was cheesed off at getting passed over when the Golden Shower brought in Billy Brown as his assistant.

hibsbollah
09-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Hes top quality. He pisses all over the opposition.

GlenrothesHibee
09-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Who is this Darren Murray? Im not too familiar with this golden shower generation. Is he the guy up front?

Thecat23
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Sorry if posted before, but see Darren Murray the Hearts youth development coach is heading down the road to Coventry. He's very well respected in the game up here and this will be a huge loss to them.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Event: Hearts lose the one man solely responsible for the development of the best young players in Britain

Barry: Hearts edge closer to self-sufficiency by offloading overpaid employee.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Hearts are such a wee team eh?

Spike Mandela
09-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Sorry if posted before, but see Darren Murray the Hearts youth development coach is heading down the road to Coventry. He's very well respected in the game up here and this will be a huge loss to them.

Out of the fire and back in to the frying pan.:rolleyes:

Thecat23
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Out of the fire and back in to the frying pan.:rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he can see what's coming and will take anything right now than being paid off?

hibees 7062
09-10-2013, 09:43 AM

Didnt Celic try to get him and he said he wouldnt leave hertz for anyone ? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM

This got mentioned in passing when I was in the boozer on Saturday, rats beginning to desert the sinking ship hopefully!

Thecat23
09-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Didnt Celic try to get him and he said he wouldnt leave hertz for anyone ? :greengrin

That rings a bell now :D

JimBHibees
09-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he can see what's coming and will take anything right now than being paid off?

More likely a relationship issue with Locke/Brown and he wants to work with someone he gets on with.

greenpaper55
09-10-2013, 11:28 AM
I see Darren Murray their player development person who has decided to join Coventry !, reading between the lines it would seem Coventry are more likely to survive than the cheats and he has decided to jump ship.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-10-2013, 12:17 PM

Coventry? Leaving a massive club like Hearts for a pishy wee no-mark mob.

What did they do during the world conflicts eh?

Not proud.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
So, the most influential employee at Hearts has left?

Pleasing.

Leishy1995
09-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I see Darren Murray their player development person who has decided to join Coventry !, reading between the lines it would seem Coventry are more likely to survive than the cheats and he has decided to jump ship.

My dad used to play football with him at junior level, and when he saw him in the dugout at hearts he laughed like mad. Remember the quote being "that stuck up useless ******** will surely lead to hearts demise"

GlenrothesHibee
09-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Hearts were always going to start the season fairly well. They've had the same small group of players since the start of pre season and most of them have come through the ranks together so they would have already gelled/known each others game etc. They have been found out now though. Its difficult to judge Locke but in my opinion hes just Hearts version of McCoist. His 'hero' status will mask his performance. My Hearts friend thinks he's brilliant but results are saying otherwise all be it in difficult circumstances

Dashing Bob S
09-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Difficult to say how good or bad Gary Locke is as a manager. As has been said, he's on a steep learning curve, and I think he did very well initially to get any kind of traction from a squad and a scenario that Alex Ferguson would struggle with. He's gained enormous (and deserved) kudos at Hearts as the dyed-in-the-wool Jambo who didn't walk away, a la McCoist.

That said, it's going to be all downhill from here on in, as results go badly, players bicker, and fans start to bemoan his tactics and lack of experience. Looking to his own future, he hasn't done enough to impress other clubs to take an interest (even if he could have been tempted to jump ship) nor should we expect him to be able to breathe life into a club that is literally dying around him.

As a person I don't know him, so can't comment, but certainly wouldn't want to be sharing a latrine.

green glory
10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
@edinburghsport: Hearts boss Gary Locke wants Jambos to pass more http://t.co/OeJa6ElOvW

Can anyone spot the spelling mistake?

Pedantic_Hibee
10-10-2013, 01:23 PM
@edinburghsport: Hearts boss Gary Locke wants Jambos to pass more http://t.co/OeJa6ElOvW

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Post of the year!!!

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Coventry? Leaving a massive club like Hearts for a pishy wee no-mark mob.

What did they do during the world conflicts eh?

Not proud.

Leaving Hearts for a club that don't even have their own ground, what is he thinking? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
10-10-2013, 02:24 PM

I think it's right enough, GG, they just missed out the 'urine' on the end of the sentence.

fat freddy
10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
@edinburghsport: Hearts boss Gary Locke wants Jambos to pass water more http://t.co/OeJa6ElOvW

i dont think its a spelling mistake...they just left a word out.

green glory
10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I think it's right enough, GG, they just missed out the 'urine' on the end of the sentence.

Well it's either 'piss more' or 'pass more urine'.

It seems there's no hiding from the facts.

FranckSuzy
10-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Evening News Sport‏@edinburghsport1h (http://www.hibs.net/edinburghsport/status/388334551778725888) 'Gary Locke wants Hearts to pass more.' What, urine?

http://bit.ly/1gsMD3C (http://t.co/OeJa6ElOvW)

Sudds_1
10-10-2013, 06:52 PM
he'll do for me :wink:

Sudds_1
10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Evening News Sport‏@edinburghsport1h (http://www.hibs.net/edinburghsport/status/388334551778725888) 'Gary Locke wants Hearts to pass more.' What, urine?

http://bit.ly/1gsMD3C (http://t.co/OeJa6ElOvW)

oh matron!

..........hehehe you could supply him with an unending supply from the ward suzy? :greengrin

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Doing well with a young team punching above their weight the now but will be judged on his 1st full season which will probably be relegation or a playoff place,he should probably get manager of the season if he keeps them up

FranckSuzy
10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
oh matron!

..........hehehe you could supply him with an unending supply from the ward suzy? :greengrin

I reckon he talks enough of it, TBH :greengrin

HibbyAndy
10-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Doing well with a young team punching above their weight the now but will be judged on his 1st full season which will probably be relegation or a playoff place,he should probably get manager of the season if he keeps them up

Is he doing well tho ?...They have lost about 5 games in the last 6 and being their lucky ****my self beat Raith on penaltys...Keep him on tho..They are going down under this Plum.

Jonnyboy
10-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Now that Darren Murray is away I'm told that HMFC intend to hire a qualified nursery nurse to look after their youth team

leggeto
10-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Is he doing well tho ?...They have lost about 5 games in the last 6 and being their lucky ****my self beat Raith on penaltys...Keep him on tho..They

it is the job from hell,only a die hard jambo would have taken it out of sympathy,or a beast mind you

Viva_Palmeiras
10-10-2013, 09:05 PM
And here's to you, Scotty Robinson
Gary hates you more than you will know (Wo, wo, wo)
Don't try to please, Scotty Robinson
Lockey holds a grudge for those who stray
(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

WellingtonHibby
10-10-2013, 09:16 PM

Whats the story with the "golden Shower" #Bantz thats been doing the rounds? :confused:

leggeto
10-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Whats the story with the "golden Shower" #Bantz thats been doing the rounds? :confused:

apparently he asked a girl to pee on him once

Jonnyboy
10-10-2013, 09:29 PM
apparently he asked a girl to pee on him once

Lies. It was more than once :wink:

FranckSuzy
10-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Lies. It was more than once :wink:

:greengrin

CyberSauzee
11-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Gary's actually a great man manager. Always joking around and keeping dressing room spirits up.

From what I've heard he's a great practical joker and piss taker.

Heisenberg
11-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Gary's actually a great man manager. Always joking around and keeping dressing room spirits up.

From what I've heard he's a great practical joker and piss taker.

Can only think BB is there for the tactical side then, which is pleasing.

Ozyhibby
17-10-2013, 06:01 PM
The laddie doth protest too much, methinks.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/244235-gary-locke-reports-a-happy-hearts-camp-despite-midfielders-outburst/

Pretty Boy
17-10-2013, 06:09 PM

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/244235-gary-locke-reports-a-happy-hearts-camp-despite-midfielders-outburst/

The cracks are more like gaping holes now.

Unrest between squad and manager and by all accounts the fans were turning on the team in the last couple of games.

Beat them on the 30th and the 1st of the DDs will be getting cancelled.

Pleasing.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2013, 06:42 PM

Starting to sound like Yogi in one of his stupider moments. We're keeping it to ourselves, likes, so dinnae tell anybody that's watching STV the night, eh, Ryan'll gie ye the rest o the story, ahm away take kick his erse.

Pete
08-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Hardest job in the world right now as the youngsters are letting everyone down. All he's done since the good start is fluked a win against us. If any of those chances had went in it could have been a hammering.

Other managers in the same age group have had it easy in comparison. There are lots of young Scottish thirty something managers kicking about and I hope they all make it. :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
08-11-2013, 09:22 AM
He will never replace Fester, they never had it so good.

ronaldo7
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
***** Brilliant:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Still sticking to the fact that he's probably a decent manager doing an impossible job. He has some empathy with the squad, and gets something from them, as despite the result today, they have punched above their weight all season.

The worst thing (or best, from our viewpoint) Hearts could do now is get rid of him, and get a red-faced alco bog-standard SPL manager in, who would have no empathy with the young squad and just tear into them and destroy their confidence, then blame them for the poor results. Locke is the best they can do right now. If he has any sense, he doesn't walk. He'll probably get a decent job after this, and he deserves it.

weonlywon6-2
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Still sticking to the fact that he's probably a decent manager doing an impossible job. He has some empathy with the squad, and gets something from them, as despite the result today, they have punched above their weight all season.

The worst thing (or best, from our viewpoint) Hearts could do now is get rid of him, and get a red-faced alco bog-standard SPL manager in, who would have no empathy with the young squad and just tear into them and destroy their confidence, then blame them for the poor results. Locke is the best they can do right now. If he has any sense, he doesn't walk. He'll probably get a decent job after this, and he deserves it.

Is locke on a contract?. If he is they cant afford to bin him and get somene else.

#FromTheCapital
01-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I'd stick him in the same bracket as yogi. A guy who clearly loves his club but just isn't a great manager. Other similarities include the inability to string a sentence together and generally not very clever.

Greenblood70
01-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Bang average manager in charge of much hyped but ultimately bang average youngsters. No more no less. He'll certainly need broad shoulders as the ****s who are too stubborn or short sighted to see the real reasons for results like today will demand his head on a spike.

Can't see him going anywhere soon as Hearts simply don't have the cash to sack him and appoint a credible replacement.

weonlywon6-2
01-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Is locke on a contract?. If he is they cant afford to bin him and get somene else.

telfordhibby
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Can BDO Sack Locke.....?

#FromTheCapital
01-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Can BDO Sack Locke.....?

They probably could if they wanted to but I'm fairly certain they won't. It's not in BDO's remit to judge performances on the park, their only job is to keep the scaffs alive. He might resign but I can't see that either.

Jonnyboy
01-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Dunno but I'll bet a few Jambos would like to take a contract out on him after that!

In his post match interview he said he needed his experienced players to guide the youngsters, completely ignoring the fact that he subbed two of his most experienced players

Keep up the good work Gary.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM

I'm presuming he's on the same contract he was offered when he became Manager. During administration however your services can be dispensed with no settlement, apart from Government statutory redundancy.

Ronniekirk
01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm presuming he's on the same contract he was offered when he became Manager. During administration however your services can be dispensed with no settlement, apart from Government statutory redundancy.
Maybe they should just dispense with his services and save money Billy Brown can continue doing his community service there . Nothing will make a difference now anyway and stay away fans are starting to wake up and smell the coffee They can't all be Wonga .:na na:

ronaldo7
02-02-2014, 04:30 PM
The yams are revolting.

From Brokeback

Just to summarise; Gary Locke's leadership has cost us one cup final, one semi final, our Premiership status, and sustained our heaviest defeat in decades against Celtic. All this in what, 11 months in charge? Wow.

Golden Gary must stay.

Saorsa
02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
The yams are revolting.

Just to summarise; Gary Locke's leadership has cost us one cup final, one semi final, our Premiership status, and sustained our heaviest defeat in decades against Celtic. All this in what, 11 months in charge? Wow.

Golden Gary must stay.Goes without saying :agree:

Excellent job being done by Cocke and that guy that's been places. :agree:

Brightside
02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Playing a flat back 4 against 9 men takes a special kind of pishiness. He surely can't have any coaching badges.

Saorsa
02-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Playing a flat back 4 against 9 men takes a special kind of pishiness. He surely can't have any coaching badges.Bill bawbag must have some badges, he's been places :agree:

http://www.historics.co.uk/media/440908/021.jpg

Billy Whizz
02-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Playing a flat back 4 against 9 men takes a special kind of pishiness. He surely can't have any coaching badges.

But is that not why Billy Brown is there, to lend his undoubted experience

ronaldo7
02-02-2014, 04:40 PM

He probably thought getting to the end of the game having drawn would get him a point and he could celebrate with the rest of the deluded.

His badges should be revoked if he has any:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
From some jumbo on Kickback

"Gary was asked about tactics in his post match interview and said he quite liked the green and orange ones but that the white minty ones were crap."

:greengrin

Sudds_1
02-02-2014, 04:47 PM

For services to Hibernian fc.............

I'm_cabbaged
02-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Anyone got a link to Cockes interview? Can't find one.

02-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Great job Gary keep it up son :thumbsup:

Him and "av bun places n done things" are a ****ing comical pair of clueless clowns but the team is utter utter pish anyway. Mourinho or Sir Alex couldn't mastermind a win with that mob, they are completly hopeless and NO age is not an excuse, they are just simply rank rotten.

McKenzie
02-02-2014, 05:32 PM
His hands are tied though, having to play all these 12 year olds in a mans league. The spfl are ruining these lads careers, they should be allowed to sign King Rudi and safety is assured...

BroxburnHibee
02-02-2014, 05:39 PM
To answer the original question. ...........

He's ******g magic :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
02-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Locke's interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25900500

I'm_cabbaged
02-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Locke's interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25900500

Cheers D, cannae watch it on phone though. What is it with the BBC alienating the majority of the population that use android?

God Petrie
02-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Get an iphone

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20754182

Hibbyradge
02-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Cheers D, cannae watch it on phone though. What is it with the BBC alienating the majority of the population that use android?

It's not the BBC's problem.

I can watch it on my Samsung phone, but not on my Nexus.

I'm_cabbaged
02-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Don't think it's to do with the device D,is it not just to do with the latest versions of android?

Hibbyradge
02-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Don't think it's to do with the device D,is it not just to do with the latest versions of android?

:dunno:

I have android on Samsung Galaxy S2 and it works perfectly.

hfc rd
02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Locke is doing an absolute wonderful job! Him and STRUGGLING Brown are a great management team. The young children at the PBS are certainly learning a lot!

Hiber-nation
02-02-2014, 06:50 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26011017

Lockey interview. Complete with golden shower in the photo :greengrin

Wheat Hound
02-02-2014, 06:57 PM

That's surely ripe for a Lockie golden shower GIF......one of the best pictures I've ever seen!

Jack Hackett
02-02-2014, 07:04 PM

That photo looks to me as if the tattooed lady is having a wee tantrum and throwing his juice down at the ground....#seething :greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-02-2014, 07:07 PM
That photo looks to me as if the tattooed lady is having a wee tantrum and throwing his juice down at the ground....#seething :greengrin

Who is that on the right?

hibees 7062
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
It was a disaster for us and we are really hurting in the dressing-room” Gary Locke Hearts manager#

:hahaha::9:

ACLeith
02-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Bill bawbag must have some badges, he's been places :agree:

http://www.historics.co.uk/media/440908/021.jpg

Don't see his Cycle Proficiency badge there, which is a shame as he will be on his bike soon :agree:

Mikey09
03-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Scary eh???!! That is basic stuff. 2 man advantage, in extra time. 3 at the back to take care of 1 striker, stretch the game as much as possible. 2 up front and overload in central mid. Tell YER players to keep the ball and be patient...... To sensible or simple? Billy Broon- " Let thum huv the baw lads and hit the 9 men on the break!!!!"

Your score for the worst tactics I have ever seen playing against a tiring 9 men Billy....... :top marks

--------
03-02-2014, 11:38 AM
No idea about his coaching / managerial ability....but if he manages to do the apparently impossible and polish a turd...then he will have excelled.

Have to say I was impressed with young Hearts (U20's) when they played us recently - both Locke and BB were there although no idea what input / influence they have / had

I think I and others have mentioned before this that 'Mythbusters' have proved that it is indeed possible to polish a turd to a fairly high state of reflectivity.

However I think yesterday's events proved conclusively that no amount of effort or time can ever turn Le Manneken Pis and the Grinch into football coaches.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-D9RiLuW9gwcb2EgHVecfbJyUyQxFysZeT0Wgpv3u5heudVst

Does he know they have a statue of him in Brussels?