PDA

View Full Version : Gary "Golden Shower" Locke could have been a Hibby

jacomo
03-10-2013, 02:13 PM
According to the man himself:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hearts-mad-gary-locke-could-have-ended-up-a-hibee-1-3122827

Not that Hibs ever made him an offer, of course. Or seemingly expressed any interest in him. But, you know, it could have happened.

Still, he's pleased it's all happened for him at Hearts:

“I am living the dream. It was a fantastic achievement to actually play for Hearts and it’s something no-one will be able to take away from me, but to follow in the footsteps of some fantastic Hearts managers, John Harvey, Jim Jefferies – people like that, is a huge honour.”

Big team, world-famous managers I guess. Imagine if Hibs had ever had people as famous as John Harvey or Jim Jefferies as manager... :rolleyes:

Treadstone
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hearts-mad-gary-locke-could-have-ended-up-a-hibee-1-3122827

Not that Hibs ever made him an offer, of course. Or seemingly expressed any interest in him. But, you know, it could have happened.

“I trained with Dundee to start with, I trained with Hibs, Celtic and Rangers. I trained with just about every team apart from Hearts and I thought it was never going to happen.

From that, it looks as though everyone else passed.:greengrin

jacomo
03-10-2013, 02:35 PM
From that, it looks as though everyone else passed.:greengrin

The Big Team were first in the race to secure his signature. First in a race of one.

CyberSauzee
03-10-2013, 03:09 PM
He's been misquoted. The actual sound bite was

I was never going to play for that shower down at Easter Road; it was a golden moment when I pulled on the bloodied turd shirt for the first time.

Iggy Pope
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM

Still, he's pleased it's all happened for him at Hearts:

Big team, world-famous managers I guess. Imagine if Hibs had ever had people as famous as John Harvey or Jim Jefferies as manager... :rolleyes:

And he missed out Bobby Seith. Piss soaked fud.

Bostonhibby
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
The Big Team were first in the race to secure his signature. First in a race of one.

Just like the search to replace Fester then, imagine being the even cheaper alternative for that role in a soon to go pop business.

Where did it all go wrong Gary? And how did all these big clubs miss out?

Leishy1995
03-10-2013, 03:55 PM

And graham rix

hibees 7062
03-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Jim Jefferies as in 0-7 , 6-2 , 5-1 , is this the same man ?

Springbank
03-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Just like the search to replace Fester then, imagine being the even cheaper alternative for that role in a soon to go pop business.

Where did it all go wrong Gary? And how did all these big clubs miss out?

Got to hand it to them

In the race for zeroes they are untouchable

JeMeSouviens
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Locke became captain during his nine-year playing spell at Tynecastle, the highlight of which was the 1998 Scottish Cup final win over Rangers, despite missing the match through injury.

So the highlight of his career was a match he didn't play in. Livin' the dream, Golden Gary Style ... :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
So proud that Gary has been showered with praise.....

Jdawg
03-10-2013, 10:28 PM
He's been misquoted. The actual sound bite was Haha, fantastic.