PDA

View Full Version : greeting face

DunKie87
28-09-2013, 09:42 PM
I'll be honest, hibs fans are so greeting face its unbelievable. I want to win every game but that will never happen. If I was a hibs player I would hate to play at easter road every single mistake jumped on. Ross county game for example I had atleast 5guy behind me slating the team from the 1st to 90. Listening to them made me want to stop going. We went on a wee run had a defeat at inverness and we are crap again, get a grip this is all part and partial of being a hibby, that's why we love it the rolercoaster ggtth

Pretty Boy
28-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Football fans are fickle. Get over it.

I remember when i used to go watch Barcelona regularly. There was a game about 4 months after they won the Champions League with the like of Ronaldinho, Giuly, Etoo etc and they lost 2-0 at home. They were also having a few problems off the park at this time. The fans were going mental, waving white hankies in surrender, booing every touch, jeering whenever Rijkaard stood up in the dug out, throwing bottles from the stands......

That was 4 months after winning the Champions League. This myth that Hibs fans are big bad fans who are unique in being fickle and the only fans to overreact to a bad result is ****ing tiresome.

c31
28-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Maybe if the players played to their potential which reflects their earnings and show that to the fans they wouldn't get the stick - some of these players and Fenlon are not doing this so no wonder they get stick and mostly its deserved.

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I'll be honest, hibs fans are so greeting face its unbelievable. I want to win every game but that will never happen. If I was a hibs player I would hate to play at easter road every single mistake jumped on. Ross county game for example I had atleast 5guy behind me slating the team from the 1st to 90. Listening to them made me want to stop going. We went on a wee run had a defeat at inverness and we are crap again, get a grip this is all part and partial of being a hibby, that's why we love it the rolercoaster ggtth

Losing games is acceptable. What is not acceptable is the player's having little desire, looking a yard off the pace, creating little, having no shots on target......If you think thats part and parcel, then crack on.....

Andy74
28-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Losing games is acceptable. What is not acceptable is the player's having little desire, looking a yard off the pace, creating little, having no shots on target......If you think thats part and parcel, then crack on.....

Not really been typical of late though, has it?

A few were getting stick for saying things looked decent after the last six games.

Getting out the abuse after one is all right though ?

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm not fickle. I've said week in week out that we're poor for the last several seasons. A few mediocre performances hasn't changed my opinion at any point.

erskine-hibby
28-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Maybe watching the same cr@p week in, week out have stopped others going, hence the drop in attendances. Having to endure that is not part and parcel of watching hibs... well at least it wasn't. Some have just got used to it. Not me, never have, never will. I am old enough to have seen many good hibs sides and many not so good, one thing though, up to a few years ago they have all at least tried to play football, not this turgid s##t we are seeing now.

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Not really been typical of late though, has it?

A few were getting stick for saying things looked decent after the last six games.

Getting out the abuse after one is all right though ?

Two draws in the six, at home when I thought we were average at best, good wins at Killie and Perth, great performance against St Mirren....Not really brilliant form in my mind, and Today was pitiful......

merritthibees
28-09-2013, 10:23 PM

Agree 100%! 2-0 up against st mirren at about 84-85 mins and Craig made a pass back to Williams and got total abuse from the guys around me!... I would hate to play in front of our fans!

DunKie87
28-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Saying there's no desire is abit harsh inverness is a hard place togo, I put it down to an off day ffs we were six unbeaten nw we become a bad side after 1 game get a grip. I love hibs thick and thin mostly thin tho

Saorsa
28-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Saying there's no desire is abit harsh inverness is a hard place togo, I put it down to an off day ffs we were six unbeaten nw we become a bad side after 1 game get a grip. I love hibs thick and thin mostly thin thoReally? It was the manager who also said that. Or was that just him blaming the players for his lack of ability. Unbeaten in 6 against what can hardly be classed as decent opposition. Lets see how many points we'll get from the 6 league games (including yesterdays) and what the performances are like against some of the better sides in the league. That's zero points and a pish performance so far.

ICT
Partick
Celtc
Abersheep
M'well
ICT

green.and.white
28-09-2013, 11:56 PM
When players continually show a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation, like we did today, that's when I get annoyed. I don't expect to win every week, but the aformentioned problems we have are ones that no one else seems to have. It's getting really tiresome.

Saorsa
28-09-2013, 11:59 PM
When players continually show a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation, like we did today, that's when I get annoyed. I don't expect to win every week, but the aformentioned problems we have are ones that no one else seems to have. It's getting really tiresome.you must allow some gelling time though. :agree:

green.and.white
29-09-2013, 12:05 AM
you must allow some gelling time though. :agree:

Is that the 5 year plan?

Saorsa
29-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Is that the 5 year plan?Nah, the gelling takes longer than that, we'll be well in tae the next plan by then. :agree:

Patience required :agree:

Pete
29-09-2013, 12:41 AM
When players continually show a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation, like we did today, that's when I get annoyed. I don't expect to win every week, but the aformentioned problems we have are ones that no one else seems to have. It's getting really tiresome.

Have we really "continually" shown a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation? If this was continuous, where were your complaints during the previous six games? And those who agree...where where yours?

Were these games also "tiresome" when we were winning in Perth, Kilmarnock and comprehensively beating St. Mirren?

These "aforementioned problems" that you accuse only ourselves of having. Are you sure? We were certainly no worse than Hearts or Motherwell in our defeats to them and Ross County, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee United have hardly pulled up trees.

I'm can't comment on today's game as I wasn't there but I can make allowances for losing away to the second best team in Scotland. The reasons behind their status compared to clubs with bigger budgets are irrelevant when analysing a small section of the season. They are some outfit and are a class above any other team outwith Celtic. OK, it was a bad day at the office but lets see how we perform next week.

Some of the reactions to the defeat are way over the top. How long before the first half in last years semi is dredged up again?

B.H.F.C
29-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Nothing 'greeting face' about Hibs fans. What we have had to put up with for the last few years is why people get slightly upset. A round trip of over 300 miles today and we got served with that garbage. Can you blame people for being annoyed?

Yes, Inverness are top of the league. But we didn't get beat by a top of the league performance. We got beat because we made stupid, basic mistakes. The same mistakes we've been making for about 5 years. When the players are doing well at Easter Road they get supported. Supporters just react to what is in front of them.

Today was unacceptable. If it was a one off performance we'd accept it. It's not though, and with Fenlon the next shocker is always just round the corner.

green.and.white
29-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Have we really "continually" shown a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation? If this was continuous, where were your complaints during the previous six games? And those who agree...where where yours?

Were these games also "tiresome" when we were winning in Perth, Kilmarnock and comprehensively beating St. Mirren?

These "aforementioned problems" that you accuse only ourselves of having. Are you sure? We were certainly no worse than Hearts or Motherwell in our defeats to them and Ross County, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee United have hardly pulled up trees.

I'm can't comment on today's game as I wasn't there but I can make allowances for losing away to the second best team in Scotland. The reasons behind their status compared to clubs with bigger budgets are irrelevant when analysing a small section of the season. They are some outfit and are a class above any other team outwith Celtic. OK, it was a bad day at the office but lets see how we perform next week.

Some of the reactions to the defeat are way over the top. How long before the first half in last years semi is dredged up again?

I meant throughout the 90 mins we showed so many times that our players struggle to find team mates with simple passes, and finding space. However, over the years I've been going to watch hibs, and there have been a huge amount of times where we have looked completely shapeless and looked like the players didn't know what their gameplan was, I think that was evident again against ICT. Not in every game as you say, but way too often.

I was at the game today, and I think some will agree with me that saying we showed a lack of ability and shape is not 'way over the top', that is fair point of view to have.

Compare that summary to other people on here and mine sounds ok!

I can't complain when we give it our best and show some nice passages of play. We showed nothing today, absolutely nothing. No shots on target sums it up.

Pete
29-09-2013, 02:16 AM
I meant throughout the 90 mins we showed so many times that our players struggle to find team mates with simple passes, and finding space. However, over the years I've been going to watch hibs, and there have been a huge amount of times where we have looked completely shapeless and looked like the players didn't know what their gameplan was, I think that was evident again against ICT. Not in every game as you say, but way too often.

I was at the game today, and I think some will agree with me that saying we showed a lack of ability and shape is not 'way over the top', that is fair point of view to have.

Compare that summary to other people on here and mine sounds ok!

I can't complain when we give it our best and show some nice passages of play. We showed nothing today, absolutely nothing. No shots on target sums it up.

Fair enough. If you were there you can form an opinion based on what you saw. I've heard we were bad but I'm not going to judge too harshly as opinions can differ. Two people can see the same match and have totally different ratings for players and positive performances can be highlighted by some whilst others ignore them and concentrate on the negatives.

I know what you mean now and I don't blame you for bring pissed off after traveling that way and being let down.

You talk about going for years and seeing the same problems raise their head. Lack of shape and ability. I agree but I'm in the camp that thinks that time needs to be given to a manager to stamp a certain philosophy on a club from top to bottom. Only once that has happened can a "shape" be easily maintained on a match day, as it is ingrained in every player and they know their role and what is expected of them. It seems to have happened at Inverness and has nothing to do with resources...it was down to giving Butcher time.

I think everyone agrees with me on that but so many think Fenlon isn't the man based on what's happened so far. I honestly don't know if he is but I ain't qualified enough to tell yet. I don't think anyone really is. He's here for a while yet and if this is a long term project then all we can do is hope that it works.

Some of the criticism from others have been totally unjustified in my opinion and perhaps based on memories of historic defeats...and one in particular. Subconsciously, they associate him with that game and use him as a scapegoat. When you think about it how many "disasters", apart from that game, have really taken place under his watch? Yet the next humiliation is just round the corner for some. Maybe in their heads.

He's here for a while and Petrie has faith so it's time to stick with it as far as I'm concerned. Call me a happy clapper but football is all about blind faith, and contrary to what others might believe, supporting through thick and thin (or even thin and thin)isn't an outdated concept.:greengrin

DunKie87
29-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Top hibby I ask u todo one thing, believe we can, you are such a deafetest why not just say we can do it, thts the problem what chance have the players got if the fans don't believe, come on we are a green nd white family, time to start acting like it ggtth fth 6-2 0-7

Beefster
29-09-2013, 07:05 AM
We're the worst fans ever. Buying STs in ever higher numbers despite some of the worst results in the club's history, the vast majority support the team at the games and we rarely protest in any meaningful way. ****ing awful.

Aldo
29-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Top hibby I ask u todo one thing, believe we can, you are such a deafetest why not just say we can do it, thts the problem what chance have the players got if the fans don't believe, come on we are a green nd white family, time to start acting like it ggtth fth 6-2 0-7

I think it's the players that need to show a bit more tbh. Fans turning up in their numbers buying ST's merchandise etc.

I am not expecting miracles or to win every week but a bit of effort/desire and belief from them would go a long way to showing the fans at least they care.

Hibrandenburg
29-09-2013, 07:24 AM
We got beat by a better team. Inverness are deservedly at the top of the SPL. We're not great but some of you really want to get over your massive egos.

We're always criticising other managers for not giving us enough credit when we win and then do the same when we get turned over by a good outfit on their own patch.

Boyle89
29-09-2013, 07:35 AM
I admit to being a 'greeting faced' radge. When something doesn't go the way I want I shout and swear, even if we are winning. People will probably have seen me and wondered where my carer has gone. However lets not buy into this myth that we are terrible fans that are always on the players backs and always screaming abuse at them. Sick of this 'our support is so negative' vibe. If other teams had been put through what we have recently, you'd find they would be more or less the same as us. The only difference being we still somehow turn up in crowds that alot of teams would kill for.

Aldo
29-09-2013, 07:37 AM
I admit to being a 'greeting faced' radge. When something doesn't go the way I want I shout and swear, even if we are winning. People will probably have seen me and wondered where my carer has gone. However lets not buy into this myth that we are terrible fans that are always on the players backs and always screaming abuse at them. Sick of this 'our support is so negative' vibe. If other teams had been put through what we have recently, you'd find they would be more or less the same as us. The only difference being we still somehow turn up in crowds that alot of teams would kill for.

Good post.

PS did you find your carer? 😜

weonlywon6-2
29-09-2013, 07:40 AM
I think we are going rpund in circles with this topic

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2013, 08:36 AM

Watching enough pish to have Leiths own tsunami has stopped me going, and it may have slipped your mind but yesterday we were not at home, it appears we also hate playing in the highlands too. :rolleyes:

Heedersnvolleys
29-09-2013, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=peter douglas;3760098]Have we really "continually" shown a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation? If this was continuous, where were your complaints during the previous six games? And those who agree...where where yours?
[QUOTE]

I think I can safely say apart from St Mirren game where they were awful we still look like shipping a goal at any time. The Stranraer game showed exactly how unorganised we are but I think people kept quiet on here as you would have got shot down in flames after scoring 5 for bring do negative.

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2013, 09:26 AM

so, all we have to do before the next game in the highlands is 'believe', then the players will 'believe' and all will be good, that it ? :eyes:

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2013, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=peter douglas;3760098]Have we really "continually" shown a complete lack of basic footballing ability and organisation? If this was continuous, where were your complaints during the previous six games? And those who agree...where where yours?
[QUOTE]

I think I can safely say apart from St Mirren game where they were awful we still look like shipping a goal at any time. The Stranraer game showed exactly how unorganised we are but I think people kept quiet on here as you would have got shot down in flames after scoring 5 for bring do negative.

aint that a fact :agree:

Saorsa
29-09-2013, 09:29 AM
so, all we have to do before the next game in the highlands is 'believe', then the players will 'believe' and all will be good, that it ? :eyes:If only we'd known before it was that simple how well we would have been doing. I'm glad now though that it has been explained in this thread. :agree:

Hibercelona
29-09-2013, 10:09 AM
so, all we have to do before the next game in the highlands is 'believe', then the players will 'believe' and all will be good, that it ? :eyes:

Where have I heard this "believe" moto before? :hmmm:

Perhaps if we "believe" that we'll win the Champions League in the next 5 years hard enough, it'll simply happen? :dunno:

And if it doesn't happen, we're to blame for not believing enough.

NAE NOOKIE
29-09-2013, 10:17 AM
There was a small article in one of the papers a couple of weeks ago which said roughly the following:

"Never mind all this fuss about how the Jambo's have risen to the challenge to save their club. The Hibs fans, after some of the worst results in the clubs history have continued to buy season tickets and the crowds have even gone up. They are either some of the best fans out there, or just daft"

Not an exact quote, but more or less what the writer said.

Whatever folks opinion about us being a bunch of moaners, there is no doubt that we have stuck by the club. I would be willing to bet that the mighty ICT had about 4,000 fans backing them yesterday. If that was us up there in the league and at home it would have been about 14,000.

We are great supporters ..... The fact that we are let down time and time again is something that we dont deserve, so I for one reserve the right to greet and whine like a wee lassie until such time as my football club give me something to bloody well shout about.

I dont care if folk moan like mental about the team, just so long as they do it from the stands.

brydekirk
29-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I think we are going rpund in circles with this topic

Awe, dry yer eyes eh.

silverhibee
29-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Fair enough. If you were there you can form an opinion based on what you saw. I've heard we were bad but I'm not going to judge too harshly as opinions can differ. Two people can see the same match and have totally different ratings for players and positive performances can be highlighted by some whilst others ignore them and concentrate on the negatives.

I know what you mean now and I don't blame you for bring pissed off after traveling that way and being let down.

You talk about going for years and seeing the same problems raise their head. Lack of shape and ability. I agree but I'm in the camp that thinks that time needs to be given to a manager to stamp a certain philosophy on a club from top to bottom. Only once that has happened can a "shape" be easily maintained on a match day, as it is ingrained in every player and they know their role and what is expected of them. It seems to have happened at Inverness and has nothing to do with resources...it was down to giving Butcher time.

I think everyone agrees with me on that but so many think Fenlon isn't the man based on what's happened so far. I honestly don't know if he is but I ain't qualified enough to tell yet. I don't think anyone really is. He's here for a while yet and if this is a long term project then all we can do is hope that it works.

Some of the criticism from others have been totally unjustified in my opinion and perhaps based on memories of historic defeats...and one in particular. Subconsciously, they associate him with that game and use him as a scapegoat. When you think about it how many "disasters", apart from that game, have really taken place under his watch? Yet the next humiliation is just round the corner for some. Maybe in their heads.

He's here for a while and Petrie has faith so it's time to stick with it as far as I'm concerned. Call me a happy clapper but football is all about blind faith, and contrary to what others might believe, supporting through thick and thin (or even thin and thin)isn't an outdated concept.:greengrin

But that's just it Peter, the Hibs fans are supporting the club/team through thick and thin, even thin and thin, for what's been on show over the last few years we should get a blue Peter badge for sticking by them through thin and getting thinner times, Pat is simply to negative in games for my liking and it seems a lot more agree with me on that, our shots on target during games is woeful this season just woeful, i now believe that Pat is here until the end of the season (huge gamble by the board imo) and if we end up in the bottom six again then a lot of the fans who have stuck with the club will decide not to renew next season and the fans who have stuck through thin and getting thinner will be lost to the club.

Looking forward to thrills at Firhill on Monday. :greengrin

GGTTH