PDA

View Full Version : Relationship between Pat & the fans

Bobby's Cinema
28-09-2013, 05:48 PM
There doesn't seem to be one at the moment. No real point to make just an observation.

This comes across is his interviews I've pretty much stopped listening to which is a first

I also have no idea where I stand on Pat. Brought back down to earth today a touch anyway :agree:

Pretty Boy
28-09-2013, 05:59 PM
There is zero relationship between Pat and the fans. I think the derby defeat killed the last of it, the reaction from the stands to him after the game was, for lack of a better word, nasty.

I would love to think it will work out for him as i think he has done a lot of good work behind the scenes, unfortunately as a fan what i really want to see is a good team on the park and as it is we are decidedly mediocre. Not good, not terrible just dull.

I actually find myself starting to quite dislike Fenlon and that is crazy because he seems like a genuinely decent guy who has given his best but i'm just bored of being bored by Hibs (if that makes sense).

eastterrace
28-09-2013, 06:00 PM
There doesn't seem to be one at the moment. No real point to make just an observation.

This comes across is his interviews I've pretty much stop listening to which is a first

I also have no idea where I stand on Pat. Brought back down to earth today a touch anyway :agree:
we are just waiting for his contract to run out,then wave him goodbye. i stopped listening to his interviews he is boring

wearethehibs
28-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I love him and he loves us.

erskine-hibby
28-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Who's Pat?

eastterrace
28-09-2013, 06:16 PM
I love him and he loves us.

hope your kidding

Andy74
28-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Ah we are back to slagging the interviews now.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2013, 06:37 PM
We've just finished a 6 game unbeaten run and lost to the best team in Scotland at the moment.

My opinion of Fenlon hasn't changed one bit after today's result.

I think he still had a lot to prove before today and I think he still has a lot to prove after today.

We've got nine days now until our next match at Partick Thistle. It will be another difficult match but it gives us a chance to recharge the batteries and to try and get guys like Cairney and McPake up to full fitness.

We have a really competitive squad with a lot of decent players to choose from. I won't be hitting the panic button just yet.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2013, 06:45 PM

Andy - post match Pat bemoaned a lack of desire from his players. Surely even you must agree that's worrying?

down-the-slope
28-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Pat has changed a lot of the culture of the playing squad behind the scenes. He is an intelligent bloke who does not do the normal hyperbole - that means that he is not a media darling (Kenny Sheils types write headlines for them...they like that)

I do hope he can get the progress on the pitch we are all looking for - if so he will become a legend and those currently lambasting him will soon forget that, and those defending him will point out they were right

If he fails to get that on pitch progress then he will not get his contract renewed and those who lambasted him will be able to say 'told you so' (but we will still be in a better place than before he came behind the scenes) and we will enter yet another period of transition.

Beefster
28-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Andy - post match Pat bemoaned a lack of desire from his players. Surely even you must agree that's worrying?

I don't think you've been following Andy's posts very closely, JB!

Jonnyboy
28-09-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't think you've been following Andy's posts very closely, JB!

Always willing to serve him up with a chance to agree with me though :greengrin

Beefster
28-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Pat has changed a lot of the culture of the playing squad behind the scenes. He is an intelligent bloke who does not do the normal hyperbole - that means that he is not a media darling (Kenny Sheils types write headlines for them...they like that)

I do hope he can get the progress on the pitch we are all looking for - if so he will become a legend and those currently lambasting him will soon forget that, and those defending him will point out they were right

If he fails to get that on pitch progress then he will not get his contract renewed and those who lambasted him will be able to say 'told you so' (but we will still be in a better place than before he came behind the scenes) and we will enter yet another period of transition.

Every SPL club bar Celtic is in perpetual transition. That's the nature of the game nowadays.

Pretty Boy
28-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Except of if you read a couple of the articles our resident Killie fan posted you see Shiels was far more than a media darling.

He overhauled their youth set up and various other behind the scenes stuff, at the same time as having his team play decent stuff and win a national trophy.

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I'd like to ask Pat "why" we lacked desire today? I'd also like to ask him what his pre-match talk was before sending the boys out there.

Clearly it wasn't one of positive affirmations.

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Every SPL club bar Celtic is in perpetual transition. That's the nature of the game nowadays.

Why is that though?

If Celtic have their place (with the most money and resources) at the top of the table. Then why don't other clubs have their own place in the league as well, depending on the size of the club?

down-the-slope
28-09-2013, 07:04 PM

:agree: You are of course correct if you are talking about squad, in fact given the 3 big players they lost you could argue the lesser greens are included are included

For us there has been a whole culture transition required as well, that I believe Pat has helped no end (what ever transpires ongoing) What I hope is that we at least maintain the changes in culture and build on those, even if the perpetual rebuilding of squads is a fact of life...the culture of OUR club should not be left to each changing manager (no matter when or how long they are here...managers change)...in fact I'll go further...we should have a culture and base lines of expectation that should form part of the recruitment process and T&C's that we use to appoint.

jacomo
28-09-2013, 07:05 PM

Speaking with the media is part of the job. Not the most important part, but it does matter.

FWIW my opinion of Pat hasn't turned on today's result either, but then my doubts about his ability to take Hibs forward haven't gone away. Merely being better than Calderwood isn't enough.

I'm still willing him to do well, though.

Bobby's Cinema
Relax Andy there was no slagging of the content of the interviews. There's a breakdown between us and Pat. You hear it in his interview today. "Well thats the way it seems to be at Hibs" with regards to the pressure. Does he think it's unmerited? And when we win you'll often here him say "well some supporters like to think they could do it differently". There is a very real distance between us

Andy74

If he meant they didn't care them he's but haven't seen much other evidence of that. I don't think he meant it so simplistically though.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2013, 07:07 PM

Why does our transitional period always have us playing poor, why can't we have a transitional period like Motherwell or ICT?

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 07:10 PM
If he meant they didn't care them he's but haven't seen much other evidence of that. I don't think he meant it so simplistically though.

Desire comes from caring. If they lack desire, then it's because they don't care enough. If they don't care enough, then it's because they're not interested in giving it their all under Pat Fenlon.

A lack of desire can only really mean 1 thing.

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Andy out of interest I'm going to ask you a question that I think will tear you apart... What if Petrie came out and fired him tomorrow and said he simply wasn't good enough, who would you back Fenlon or Rod?? :D

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Andy out of interest I'm going to ask you a question that I think will tear you apart... What if Petrie came out and fired him tomorrow and said he simply wasn't good enough, who would you back Fenlon or Rod?? :D

Is this a trick question? :wink:

If not, then i'd say neither of them.

bingo70
28-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I think pats got a decent relationship with the fans and that's why the stick never got that bad during our bad spells, other than on here obviously.

As for his long term future I think we'll plod along this season and not renew his contract in thesummer, I'm probably ok with that as I can't be arsed with more managerial changes the now and think we'll finish top six.

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Pretty Boy sums it up for me. I'm bored with being bored watching Hibs. The real difference will show when Pat leaves. I have no doubt the next man in charge can't possibly play worse football than Pat has during his spell here. Maybe then the guys who truly are led by blind faith will come out and admit how bad it actually was under Pat and how wrong they had it. Just like I will if Pat turns it around.

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Is this a trick question? :wink:

If not, then i'd say neither of them.

Can just imagine Andy sitting there, sweat pouring down the face shaking like a ****ting dog saying to himself, Pat... No wait Rod... **** Pat... No **** has to be Rod. Come on Andy the suspense is killing us ;)

Aldo
28-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Can just imagine Andy sitting there, sweat pouring down the face shaking like a ****ting dog saying to himself, Pat... No wait Rod... **** Pat... No **** has to be Rod. Come on Andy the suspense is killing us ;)

Ha ha. Quality. We're still waiting are we not?

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Ha ha. Quality. We're still waiting are we not?

My tv is on pause until he replies :D

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 07:27 PM

:hilarious

Aldo
28-09-2013, 07:29 PM
My tv is on pause until he replies :D

Better just god tae bed and watch it the morn then! 😜

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Better just god tae bed and watch it the morn then! 😜

It's looking like that way!!!!! :D

Bobby's Cinema
28-09-2013, 07:50 PM
It's looking like that way!!!!! :D
:ostrich:

Beefster
28-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Why does our transitional period always have us playing poor, why can't we have a transitional period like Motherwell or ICT?

My opinion is the quality of the management appointments but some folk will disagree with that.

Heisenberg
28-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I've accepted the fact that he's here till the end of his contract. We did well in the 5 games unbeaten and we were terrible today. None of it has really changed my mind on him. I don't think he's good enough for the job and it'll show in what will be another mediocre mid table finish with boring football on display. If he goes on to prove me wrong then fair play to him.

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 07:56 PM
I've accepted the fact that he's here till the end of his contract. We did well in the 5 games unbeaten and we were terrible today. None of it has really changed my mind on him. I don't think he's good enough for the job and it'll show in what will be another mediocre mid table finish with boring football on display. If he goes on to prove me wrong then fair play to him.

Exactly this.

IWasThere2016
28-09-2013, 07:57 PM

"Ooh, you are awful, but I like you" (c) Dick Emery

Aldo
28-09-2013, 07:58 PM
My opinion is the quality of the management appointments but some folk will disagree with that. I would say certain managers can only manage at a certain level (or below) and others you can see that they can manage at a higher level. I would say McCall and Butcher are excellent managers that could manage bigger clubs. I really do think that PF has changed our club round but we need someone else to take it to another level.

The Voice Of Reason
28-09-2013, 08:16 PM

You have summed up exactly how I feel sir :agree: :top marks

Andy74
28-09-2013, 08:22 PM

No, I wouldn't agree with Rod but seeing as he won't I think I will be fine.

Andy74
28-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I would say certain managers can only manage at a certain level (or below) and others you can see that they can manage at a higher level. I would say McCall and Butcher are excellent managers that could manage bigger clubs. I really do think that PF has changed our club round but we need someone else to take it to another level.

So, McCall and Butcher's records up until now show that do they? McCall inherited a good position and Butcher has been allowed the time and leeway to build that team.

bingo70
28-09-2013, 08:28 PM
So, McCall and Butcher's records up until now show that do they? McCall inherited a good position and Butcher has been allowed the time and leeway to build that team.

Butcher got Inverness relegated and has failed at bigger clubs. I think he's an example of why we should give the manager more time.

In short, I think I probably agree with you.

Hibercelona
28-09-2013, 08:29 PM

Fenlons had nearly 2 years. How much longer do you think he'll need until we're capable of battling against the big boys that are Inverness and Motherwell?

Perhaps if we give him another 2 years, we may start to show a glimmer of desire?

Aldo
28-09-2013, 08:34 PM

Yes and no. Butcher has failed at other clubs but is doing very very well on a meagre budget.

He has moulded a team that has loads of attributes.

McCall did indeed inherit a good position however lost a lot of good players.

But is again doing ok.

Yes it's about giving them time but how much time.

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 08:35 PM
No, I wouldn't agree with Rod but seeing as he won't I think I will be fine.

WHAT?!! Oh Andy boy, wait till I show Rod this. He's no going to be happy ;)

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I would say certain managers can only manage at a certain level (or below) and others you can see that they can manage at a higher level. I would say McCall and Butcher are excellent managers that could manage bigger clubs. I really do think that PF has changed our club round but we need someone else to take it to another level.

100% this, well put Aldo.

bingo70
28-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes and no. Butcher has failed at other clubs but is doing very very well on a meagre budget.

He has moulded a team that has loads of attributes.

McCall did indeed inherit a good position however lost a lot of good players.

But is again doing ok.

Yes it's about giving them time but how much time.

I think it shows how much is to do with confidence and momentum, butcher struggled with caley at first but was able to build confidence from playing against weaker teams, they then got momentum from this and were able to carry on in the top league. McCall inherited a side doing well that was playing with confidence and was able to build on that.

I'm not convinced fenlon is the long term answer to the job but I think he's probably doing enough to warrant the chance to see out his contract and prove folk wrong.

Beefster
28-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Butcher got Inverness relegated and has failed at bigger clubs. I think he's an example of why we should give the manager more time.

In short, I think I probably agree with you.

Butcher has failed at other clubs but he didn't get ICT relegated. He almost kept them up. Since getting them promoted, they've over-performed their resources every season.

We haven't over-performed our resources since 2005.

Aldo
28-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Butcher has failed at other clubs but he didn't get ICT relegated. He almost kept them up. Since getting them promoted, they've over-performed their resources every season. We haven't over-performed our resources since 2005.

Instead of kicking on after the CIS Cup win in 2007 we've Stumbled from manager to manager and season to season.

That I'm afraid is no where near good enough.

GreenArmyyy!
28-09-2013, 08:52 PM

This comes across is his interviews I've pretty much stopped listening to which is a first

Why should he want anything to do with us after chants of Fenlon GTF at the Dundee Utd game. I certainly wouldn't.

Onion
28-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Why should he want anything to do with us after chants of Fenlon GTF at the Dundee Utd game. I certainly wouldn't.

Fact is he's out of his depth. He knows it. We know it. Even Petrie knows it. This is all about making the best of a terrible situation where the manager doesn't really want to be here, the fans don't want him, the club has no choice but to support him. The ONLY thing that could change that is Hibs to start punching their weight in the field, and Fenlon can't make that happen - it's a capability thing.

IMHO under Fenlon we're always just one game away from getting humiliated. Yams, Malmo... could easily have been ICT today. The sooner this latest chapter of horrible management is over, the better. Only once Fenlon (and Petrie) has moved on can we start the process of rebuilding confidence and the club's reputation.

Hibby 2005
28-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Fact is he's out of his depth. He knows it. We know it. Even Petrie knows it. This is all about making the best of a terrible situation where the manager doesn't really want to be here, the fans don't want him, the club has no choice but to support him. The ONLY thing that could change that is Hibs to start punching their weight in the field, and Fenlon can't make that happen - it's a capability thing.

IMHO under Fenlon we're always just one game away from getting humiliated. Yams, Malmo... could easily have been ICT today. The sooner this latest chapter of horrible management is over, the better. Only once Fenlon (and Petrie) has moved on can we start the process of rebuilding confidence and the club's reputation.

The frustrating thing with Fenlon is that he has progressed us, albeit very slowly and with a style of play that has driven many fans away, he just doesn't give you the impression he'll ever reach a stage of confidence in himself or with the players that he'll ultimately send out a Hibs team that fears no-one and plays with style and passion.

He can recruit a reasonable standard of player and in the case of Griffiths he successfully managed a difficult personality. However, as has been said on many occasions he just doesn't seem to know how to take a good bunch of players and utilise them properly.

His tactics are often predictable, his substitutions similarly so, and then there's the lack of a plan B. The few times he gets a bit carried away and throws on a couple of wingers you can bet your bottom dollar the following week it'll be back to basics.

I think he'll be gone next Summer.

Pat 0-7
28-09-2013, 10:00 PM

:top marks

Looks like we will have these kind of up and down results all season until Fenlons contract is up.........:rolleyes:

Heisenberg
28-09-2013, 10:02 PM

Spot on.

J-C
28-09-2013, 10:02 PM

:top marks so it looks like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back this season, bringing us all the way back to being mid-lower table club looking for the right guy to take us forward, oh the joys of being a Hibs fan :confused:

Andy74
28-09-2013, 10:05 PM
:top marks so it looks like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back this season, bringing us all the way back to being mid-lower table club looking for the right guy to take us forward, oh the joys of being a Hibs fan :confused:

So 1 loss in 7 is 2 forward and 2 back ? Let's just see.

Steve-O
28-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Seems to be the manner of the loss that grinds? Had we lost 4-3 today we might not have the same level of negativity, but being on the end of a routine 3-0 pumping is a sore one.

Love the Green
28-09-2013, 10:24 PM

WE HAVE ONE????

"keep the faith"

Saorsa
28-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Ha ha. Quality. We're still waiting are we not?Might need tae have a drink so he can make up his mind (or change it) :agree:

Saorsa
28-09-2013, 10:49 PM
My opinion is the quality of the management appointments but some folk will disagree with that.Your opinion is as mine, terrible appointments, so I guess we have tae look again at who has been in charge of appointing them.

Saorsa
28-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Instead of kicking on after the CIS Cup win in 2007 we've Stumbled from manager to manager and season to season.

That I'm afraid is no where near good enough.We've been working tae a plan though and dinnae worry, Petrie now has a new 5 year plan that will see our mediocrity is able tae continue for years tae come, so we're sorted.

J-C
29-09-2013, 04:45 AM
What sort of way is that to reply to the quoted post? When you frame your reply like that it kind of makes people ignore your point and makes it look like you are just angry that he had the audacity to challenge one of your views. Below your usual standard.

Some of the clogg Andy74 has taken has been out of order. All he's guilty of is having a positive frame of mind and the belief that Fenlon should be given more time. It was depressingly predictable that once a bad performance came around those who have a different point of view, as well as their own little agendas, would start getting vocal again while giving him it tight at the same time.

Bullys of the wash house.

Nothing wrong with being positive but to continually defend the indefensible is just getting so annoying.

wick hibby
29-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Petrie will not get rid of fenlon his words not mine As for Mcpake hes is fit NOW so why does he (fenlon) not play him ????

Aldo
29-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Petrie will not get rid of fenlon his words not mine As for Mcpake hes is fit NOW so why does he (fenlon) not play him ????

Because until yesterday Nelson and Hanlon had formed a very good partnership.

Is McPake fit or his he McPake fit?

Beefster
29-09-2013, 07:14 AM
So 1 loss in 7 is 2 forward and 2 back ? Let's just see.

When we had lost five competitive games in a row, including a 7-0 humiliation at home and a 3-0 pumping in a cup final that we didn't turn up for, I seem to recall you talking about how we shouldn't take such a short-term view.

I also recall folk, including myself, using an unbeaten run to claim that Calderwood was capable of getting it right when all the indicators were screaming otherwise. It's pretty much the same with Fenlon - everything screams that he can't get the best out of players and that we'll get a few games of okay results with the odd good performance thrown in, followed by a few horrendous results/performances.

wick hibby
29-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Because until yesterday Nelson and Hanlon had formed a very good partnership.

Is McPake fit or his he McPake fit?

He said 2 me after the match HE is fit and wants 2 play???

Aldo
29-09-2013, 07:35 AM

That's good. He might now get his chance after yesterday's showing.

Cheers for that.

HibeeEmma
29-09-2013, 07:43 AM
What are the indicators of a good relationship?

Is it on the field or off?

Fine to say there is no relationship but what are your expectations?

kentao
29-09-2013, 07:47 AM
The worst thing about Fenlon is he has built up a very decent squad that is capable of competing at the top of the table but places the most negative boring football i have ever seen. I took a friend to the Ross County game and it was the worst performance i have seen against a diddy team at Easter Road. I am sure i counted 3 shots at target. Motherwell and Dundee United was about the same. We camped in our half rarely offered any attacking threat and let the other team come at us. The same happened at the PBS Fenlon sets up not to get beat instead of taking the game to the opposition.

I am sure everyone will agree you wouldn't mind if you got beat if you could tell the players were actively trying to win the game and got you off your seat. The first time i have seen that this season was against St Mirren. Change the style of play Pat and give the fans a reason to return to Easter Road.

dodecar
29-09-2013, 10:26 AM
We've just finished a 6 game unbeaten run and lost to the best team in Scotland at the moment.

My opinion of Fenlon hasn't changed one bit after today's result.

I think he still had a lot to prove before today and I think he still has a lot to prove after today.

We've got nine days now until our next match at Partick Thistle. It will be another difficult match but it gives us a chance to recharge the batteries and to try and get guys like Cairney and McPake up to full fitness.

We have a really competitive squad with a lot of decent players to choose from. I won't be hitting the panic button just yet.

I agree "don't panic ". Let Pat see out his contract and then approach Terry Butcher . He has molded a decent side out of players who are in most cases ,worse than ours and given us a hiding to boot .Fenlon has improved the team but I don't think he really knows how to make a team work. A manager needs an eye for a player and the skill to make a blend of them.

dodecar
29-09-2013, 10:31 AM
The worst thing about Fenlon is he has built up a very decent squad that is capable of competing at the top of the table but places the most negative boring football i have ever seen. I took a friend to the Ross County game and it was the worst performance i have seen against a diddy team at Easter Road. I am sure i counted 3 shots at target. Motherwell and Dundee United was about the same. We camped in our half rarely offered any attacking threat and let the other team come at us. The same happened at the PBS Fenlon sets up not to get beat instead of taking the game to the opposition.

I am sure everyone will agree you wouldn't mind if you got beat if you could tell the players were actively trying to win the game and got you off your seat. The first time i have seen that this season was against St Mirren. Change the style of play Pat and give the fans a reason to return to Easter Road.

All very true .The loss of Harris was crucial ,we lack pace up front. We've been unfortunate with injuries.

Thecat23
29-09-2013, 10:47 AM
When we had lost five competitive games in a row, including a 7-0 humiliation at home and a 3-0 pumping in a cup final that we didn't turn up for, I seem to recall you talking about how we shouldn't take such a short-term view.

I also recall folk, including myself, using an unbeaten run to claim that Calderwood was capable of getting it right when all the indicators were screaming otherwise. It's pretty much the same with Fenlon - everything screams that he can't get the best out of players and that we'll get a few games of okay results with the odd good performance thrown in, followed by a few horrendous results/performances.

Good post, exactly what I was thinking last night. When we couldn't win or buy a goal these folk were telling us it's just short term. So we go a few unbeaten not all wins either, and it's "but there is improvement." There will be stages that we will go unbeaten but I truly believe there will be more that we lose in a row than win. He's defo brought in players that on paper should be top end of the table. But he just doesn't have that ability to push us on. There is no shame in it. He's tried hard done some good things in and around the club but where it really matters he's failing.

Hibercelona
29-09-2013, 10:49 AM
I agree "don't panic ". Let Pat see out his contract and then approach Terry Butcher . He has molded a decent side out of players who are in most cases ,worse than ours and given us a hiding to boot .Fenlon has improved the team but I don't think he really knows how to make a team work. A manager needs an eye for a player and the skill to make a blend of them.

Terry Butcher wouldn't come near us.

Keith_M
29-09-2013, 11:21 AM

We need something to cheer us up :wink:

Keith_M
29-09-2013, 11:22 AM
All very true .The loss of Harris was crucial ,we lack pace up front. We've been unfortunate with injuries.

Zoubir?

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2013, 12:48 PM

And of course we are the only club that get injuries.

Billy Whizz
29-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Buy I think we've had more than our share this season.
All the below have been out for a bit this season
McPake
Mcgivern
Forster
Harris
Cairney
Robertson
Tudor Jones
Handling
Clancy
Maybury

It doesn't help when you don't have consistency of selection

Liam89
29-09-2013, 02:21 PM
hope your kidding

Why do you 'hope' he's kidding? A vocal minority of our fans seems to hate everything about our club. I know the hearts fans whole pride thing is cringeworthy and embarrassing but to a certain extent we need to start having a little more pride in our club and appreciating our players and staff.

Thestylishkid
29-09-2013, 02:26 PM

ICT have played the same starting XI in every game this season. If we're not unlucky with injuries then surely it's not lucky without them? Personally I'd say being able to play exactly the same team from August - October is pretty rare. I also think we'll see ICT start to put in some mediocre performances when injuries catch up with them.

We lost Harris in the first game of the season. The only bit of genuine pace/quality we had at our disposal (at the time). Our first choice RB was practically fit (and would be playing now) but got injured again.

Ozyhibby
29-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Buy I think we've had more than our share this season.
All the below have been out for a bit this season
McPake
Mcgivern
Forster
Harris
Cairney
Robertson
Tudor Jones
Handling
Clancy
Maybury

It doesn't help when you don't have consistency of selection

May be neither lucky nor unlucky. May point to a problem in training techniques.
How many of these were in games? How many are ongoing muscle problems etc?

Beefster
29-09-2013, 02:56 PM
ICT have played the same starting XI in every game this season.

Completely untrue.

Kaiser1962
29-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Completely untrue.

They have started the same players in 8 of their 9 competitive games. Daniel Devine started in the League Cup in place of Garry Warren. The same players have started in all their 8 league games.

Ozyhibby
29-09-2013, 03:22 PM
His comments yesterday seemed to imply that our fans are the only ones that expect our team to perform in line with our player budget (currently at least the third biggest in the league). If he feels that is asking too much then he should step aside.
We have now under performed for 7 straight years and it's not unreasonable of the fans to expect improvement.

Beefster
29-09-2013, 03:58 PM
They have started the same players in 8 of their 9 competitive games. Daniel Devine started in the League Cup in place of Garry Warren. The same players have started in all their 8 league games.

I know, although when I typed that the BBC were reporting that Greenhalgh started (they may still be). I'm being pedantic but I'm just getting fed up of the erroneous excuses getting trotted out for why we were pumped by Inverness.

Brightside
29-09-2013, 04:07 PM

He's played how much recently? one u20 game? he needs full games at least 4 of them before we should risk him in the full team. From those at the Hearts u20 game he hardly strolled through it...

lord bunberry
29-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Terry Butcher wouldn't come near us.

Why do you think that?

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Remind me how McCalls time at Bradford went...And Butcher has had zero expectation on him and a relegation...

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Possibly because he sees him train and play more than you do?

I saw Jordan Forster and James play together for the U20's 12 days ago against Hearts - they were torn apart by a bunch of bairns and were 2 of the poorest in the Hibs team - reducing the style of play to Hoof and grunt - the young Hearts (youngest 15) gave them a lesson in passing possession football

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I personally don't have a relationship with Fenlon, his anti football has switched Hibs off for me. His style tactics and safety first football is not what Hibs should ever be about.

I just wish Petrie would sack him, he won't give him a new contract and nor should he. Put us out this misery Petrie, and give us a manager who wants to entertain us.

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 05:06 PM
His comments yesterday seemed to imply that our fans are the only ones that expect our team to perform in line with our player budget (currently at least the third biggest in the league). If he feels that is asking too much then he should step aside.
We have now under performed for 7 straight years and it's not unreasonable of the fans to expect improvement.

To be fair I think that when Pat said "That's what you get with Hibs" he was talking about the negativity of the media and Sportsound in particular as opposed to the fans

jeffers
29-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I personally don't have a relationship with Fenlon, his anti football has switched Hibs off for me. His style tactics and safety first football is not what Hibs should ever be about.

I just wish Petrie would sack him, he won't give him a new contract and nor should he. Put us out this misery Petrie, and give us a manager who wants to entertain us.

Spot on BH but do you really think Petrie will give us a manager who entertains ? I'd love to know if the subject is ever even brought up at the interviews.

Hibernian Retro
29-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Spot on BH but do you really think Petrie will give us a manager who entertains ? I'd love to know if the subject is ever even brought up at the interviews.

It'll brought up in front of Tom Farmer, Rod, Patrick and anybody else that currently works at Easter Road at the AGM next Tuesday.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

wick hibby
29-09-2013, 05:50 PM
He's played how much recently? one u20 game? he needs full games at least 4 of them before we should risk him in the full team. From those at the Hearts u20 game he hardly strolled through it...

Dont shot the messenger i was only saying what thy SAID

wick hibby
29-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Possibly because he sees him train and play more than you do?

I saw Jordan Forster and James play together for the U20's 12 days ago against Hearts - they were torn apart by a bunch of bairns and were 2 of the poorest in the Hibs team - reducing the style of play to Hoof and grunt - the young Hearts (youngest 15) gave them a lesson in passing possession football

wHERE DID I SAY HE SHOULD play???????

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 06:00 PM
wHERE DID I SAY HE SHOULD play???????

Wind your neck in...and avoid Caps lock..

I never said you did say he should - I answered your question as to why Pat was not playing him.......

wick hibby
29-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Wind your neck in...and avoid Caps lock..

I never said you did say he should - I answered your question as to why Pat was not playing him.......

sO PAT TOLD U AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 06:06 PM
It'll brought up in front of Tom Farmer, Rod, Patrick and anybody else that currently works at Easter Road at the AGM next Tuesday.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

So how many shares do you own - or are you a proxy attender?

Onion
29-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Why do you think that?

The problem isn't Butcher. It's Petrie won't recruit anyoe who might be the slightest bit successful, as they might demanding some funds and give him a hard time :rolleyes:

The Falcon
29-09-2013, 08:47 PM
The problem isn't Butcher. It's Petrie won't recruit anyoe who might be the slightest bit successful, as they might demanding some funds and give him a hard time :rolleyes:

Once retro buys hibs that will no longer be an issue. :cb