PDA

View Full Version : Cairney

Liam89
27-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Just saw on twitter Cairneys back to full training and is playing for the u20s on Saturday. I hope he's willing to work hard to regain his fitness and recapture his form of the first few months of last season. More competition can only be good for the squad!

eastterrace
27-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Just saw on twitter Cairneys back to full training and is playing for the u20s on Saturday. I hope he's willing to work hard to regain his fitness and recapture his form of the first few months of last season. More competition can only be good for the squad!
yes agree would be great if he could get back to how he was playing early last season but he will find it hard to get back in unless we get a few injuries.

TheFamous1875
27-09-2013, 10:36 PM
I would be over the moon if Paul could get back to his form in the first half of last season, he was definitely one of our best players, and potentially still could be. I'd like to see him in the centre of the field tough, possibly behind a striker - as his lack of pace on a wing discredits his overall game IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lucky
27-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Loved his attacking play when he was first in the team, sadly I don't believe he has the will power to achieve his and our aspirations

coco22
27-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Loved his attacking play when he was first in the team, sadly I don't believe he has the will power to achieve his and our aspirations

Why? Think he is battling injury but are his sights set higher than our first team? Perhaps we are achieving more now than when he broke into the first team but think he still has a strong shout when fit and available

Northernhibee
28-09-2013, 06:11 AM
It'll take a big effort to oust Craig from the team but if he puts his mind to it he can.

bandylegs_jLeighton
28-09-2013, 07:39 AM
I reckon there are only three players in the squad that are direct in their play and capable of beating their man - Harris, Zoubir, and Cairney.

Without one of these types of players we have looked short a bit flat in the midfield at times. Getting Cairney and Harris back will be a huge boost IMO and give us more options.

Liam Craig's offered good threat, but that's more from shooting from range and arriving in the box at the right time.

J-C
28-09-2013, 10:33 PM
It'll take a big effort to oust Craig from the team but if he puts his mind to it he can.

Why oust Craig from the team, Cairney plays wide left and Craig is a far better attacking central midfielder, it can only help the team getting Cairney back

Liam89
29-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Why oust Craig from the team, Cairney plays wide left and Craig is a far better attacking central midfielder, it can only help the team getting Cairney back

Nobody needs to be ousted, even if he gets the last 20-30 mins of a game and can make an impact is what I'll be looking for from him.

J-C
29-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Nobody needs to be ousted, even if he gets the last 20-30 mins of a game and can make an impact is what I'll be looking for from him.

I wasn't saying he should be ousting Craig :confused: my post states he should be in the team as well as Craig

Liam89
29-09-2013, 02:51 PM
I wasn't saying he should be ousting Craig :confused: my post states he should be in the team as well as Craig
Sorry, didn't necessarily mean you were implying that. Shouldn't of really quoted your post!

J-C
29-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Sorry, didn't necessarily mean you were implying that. Shouldn't of really quoted your post!

:greengrin:wink: