PDA

View Full Version : Your Starting XI vs Inverness

hfc rd
26-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm sure everyone right now is gearing themselves up for the cup game against the BIG team. But that's not until the end of October. Let's focus on our next game which is our trickiest one so far this season against an impressive Inverness side who are top of the league. What would your team be? I would have an unchanged side from the St Mirren game this past Saturday.

Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Heffernan
Collins

subs:
Murdoch
McPake
McGivern
Zoubir
Stanton
Vine
Caldwell

Hibbyradge
26-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Agreed.

Zooby is fun, but he's limited in terms of his contribution defensively so if we play Collins and the Heff, we're effectively going 4 3 3.

A lovely idea, but I wouldn't recommend it against ICT at home.

Albanian Hibs
26-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Agreed. Same team.

frazeHFC
26-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Agreed also. No point changing a winning team and can bring Zoubir on at what time depends on the score. He will be something totally different for them to deal with and hopefully tire them out.

Unless of course he's just coming on to join the party cos we're 3-0 up! :wink:

Heisenberg
26-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Same team as against St Mirren for me.

Aldo
26-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Same team as against St Mirren for me.

This. Same as please Pat

Pretty Boy
27-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Same again please.

I think the defensive issues the other night showed what an important job Kevin Thomson does protecting the back 4.

scoopyboy
27-09-2013, 05:46 AM
And me. No need to change it.

soproni1
27-09-2013, 07:53 AM
When was the last time we were so happy with the way things were going there was no need to change them team!!??

Andy74
27-09-2013, 08:04 AM
It was interesting to hear last week that Inverness have played exactly the same team for the first seven games.

That's a fair bit of luck with injuries and things!

Unseen work
27-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Same again please.

I think the defensive issues the other night showed what an important job Kevin Thomson does protecting the back 4.

Thought this also, sometimes people don't recognise how good thomson is at breaking up attacks IMO.

Can't see pat changing it, he stuck with it when we were losing so can't see that changing whilst were winning and scoring

jacomo
27-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Agreed. Same team.

:aok:

Just waiting for the usual suspects to start crying about Zoubir not playing from the start... let's be having you.

erin go bragh
27-09-2013, 12:16 PM
If Mcgivern is fit id play him at left back , just feel he is a natural left back , offers more going forward than Lewis .
Imo

Ggtth

steve75
27-09-2013, 12:20 PM
If Mcgivern is fit id play him at left back , just feel he is a natural left back , offers more going forward than Lewis .
Imo

Ggtth

Normally I'd agree, but he seems nowhere near ready. Did you see the game on Tuesday? He was away in a world of his own.

TheFamous1875
27-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Normally I'd agree, but he seems nowhere near ready. Did you see the game on Tuesday? He was away in a world of his own.

Sadly I have to agree. I'm a fan of Ryan but he really disappointed me in Tuesday. He'll know he can do better, he just wasn't match sharp at all.

Lewis is on a roll just now; MOM performances for how many games now? He should stay right where he is. I just hope Maybury doesn't get tired out by all the game time he's starting to accumulate - same goes for Nelson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unseen work
27-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Imo

Ggtth

If I was Lewis and I got dropped for Ryan I would ask to leave. He has been immense so far this season and has been swapping positions a lot. Also think he does get foward quite a bit too. If you get injured and the boy that comes in does a good job then IMO he should be the first choice and mcgivern will just have to wait his time till he gets a chance

Pat 0-7
27-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Same team :aok:

Pat was praising OTJ in his latest interview on the fishul site, wonder if he's thinking of bringing him in against his old team........??? :dunno:

scoopyboy
28-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Same team :aok:

Pat was praising OTJ in his latest interview on the fishul site, wonder if he's thinking of bringing him in against his old team........??? :dunno:

It will be the same team.

Hibbyradge
28-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Same again please.

Good point.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2013, 12:18 PM
It will be the same team.

Providing Maybury is fit

scoopyboy
28-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Providing Maybury is fit

I understand he is. Barring illness it will be same team.