PDA

View Full Version : AGM - Who's Going?

Hibernian Retro
26-09-2013, 01:38 PM
With the AGM being held at Easter Road next Tuesday. We are wondering how many people from the forum are going? 4 of the Hibernian Retro Team will be in attendance. Hope the buffet is good!:)

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Are you planning to put a bid in for the club?

If so, how much were you thinking?

Baldy Foghorn
26-09-2013, 02:37 PM
With the AGM being held at Easter Road next Tuesday. We are wondering how many people from the forum are going? 4 of the Hibernian Retro Team will be in attendance. Hope the buffet is good!:)

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Sorry to burst you bubble, however there won't be a buffet.......:rolleyes:

Jack
26-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Did we have a bid accepted for it?

Did the mice take it along the M8?

Mikey
26-09-2013, 02:51 PM
You used to get a great scran at the AGM but Scott Lindsay put an end to that. Quite right too as it was a waste of money.

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2013, 02:55 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

If you are able to take over the club, will you put on a buffet in future years?

Your answer may be important.

RIP
26-09-2013, 03:05 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Peter how will we recognise you - will you all be wearing the harp branded t-shirts? :greengrin

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Peter how will we recognise you - will you all be wearing the harp branded t-shirts? :greengrin

Here's a photo so you can recognise him

Dunderhall
26-09-2013, 04:15 PM

I'm good at these clues. :wink:
It's Warren Buffett isn't it.

California-Hibs
26-09-2013, 04:17 PM
This Hibernian Retro always goes quiet after folk ask about their proposed take over bid that was once suggested in a thread by him.

Load of rubbish me thinks, but very odd at the same time.

Golden Bear
26-09-2013, 04:24 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Does that mean that your whole family will be attending? Strength in numbers and all that. Rod will be shaking in his boots at the very thought.

However if you plan to plough in over £20 million then I'm sure he'll give you a fair hearing.

DarlingtonHibee
26-09-2013, 04:59 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Is the takeover bid being raised under AOB (not the winger !) :greengrin

Jack
26-09-2013, 05:19 PM
This Hibernian Retro always goes quiet after folk ask about their proposed take over bid that was once suggested in a thread by him.

Load of rubbish me thinks, but very odd at the same time.

Now now CH there will be no questioning, dissenting or anti retro posts on here or you will be deleted or banned from the site.

Oh sorry that's the retro Facebook page isn't it?

Jonnyboy
26-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Is the takeover bid being raised under AOB (not the winger !) :greengrin

Off topic I know but who was once quoted in the EEN as saying the following about AOB?

“their winger was fast and is a good player”

Hibby D
26-09-2013, 09:51 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

You're a wee troll Mr Retro man.

My son plays this game where he farts just before leaving a room, leaving those trapped inside to deal with the fall-out.

A bit like your game, but better :aok:

danhibees1875
26-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm going to pop along. :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
26-09-2013, 10:03 PM

My son plays this game where he farts just before leaving a room, leaving those trapped inside to deal with the fall-out.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2013, 10:09 PM

Kids always learn from their parents Diane. :wink:

Bostonhibby
26-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Does that mean that your whole family will be attending? Strength in numbers and all that. Rod will be shaking in his boots at the very thought.

However if you plan to plough in over £20 million then I'm sure he'll give you a fair hearing.

Agree

Retro, it's the future............

Wheat Hound
26-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Off topic I know but who was once quoted in the EEN as saying the following about AOB?

“their winger was fast and is a good player”

Was it not Pep Guardiola or some other Barca lovey after MOB tore them a new one at Murrayfield?

Wheat Hound
26-09-2013, 10:29 PM
*AOB of course (MOB of course being his brother Mogadon O'Brien)

spike220
27-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Sorry to burst you bubble, however there won't be a buffet.......:rolleyes: Is that you Rod??

Andy74
27-09-2013, 07:50 AM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

How many are in your 'team' incidentally?

Hibernian Retro
28-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Today's score is just what the doctor ordered pre Tuesdays AGM.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2013, 08:31 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Really?:rolleyes:

fatbloke
28-09-2013, 08:58 PM

There might be a lot of mince:greengrin

FranckSuzy
28-09-2013, 09:05 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Well, one thing is for sure, YOU (whoever you may be) are certainly not what our club ordered. What a ridiculous post.

silverhibee
28-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, one thing is for sure, YOU (whoever you may be) are certainly not what our club ordered. What a ridiculous post.

:agree:

It seems the retro team are happy to see Hibs get beat.

That seems strange.

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2013, 09:11 PM

I for one can't wait until Tuesday, to see what "credible" plans the retro team have for the future of Hibernian........:cb

Jonnyboy
28-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Apologies to the Admin team for dishing out personal abuse

signed

The Jonnyboy Team

:greengrin

FranckSuzy
28-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I for one can't wait until Tuesday, to see what "credible" plans the retro team have for the future of Hibernian........:cb

Me too S. Rod will have pushed better out of the way than this shower. Mind you 'Retro' seems apt in this case as in retrograde...."to decline to an inferior state; degenerate."

SaulGoodman
28-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Fenlon is a hero, I love him with all my heart.

GGTTH

Signed, the happy clappy Meh team

Chuck Rhoades
28-09-2013, 10:11 PM
This Hibernian Retro squad are an embarrasment. Happy to suggest they'll 'bid' for the club, but when quoted never reply. Ban people from their page for asking direct questions. Thinking a defeat is 'what the doctor ordered' prior to an AGM.

'Retro Team' can do one.

Purple & Green
29-09-2013, 12:00 AM
This Hibernian Retro squad are an embarrasment. Happy to suggest they'll 'bid' for the club, but when quoted never reply. Ban people from their page for asking direct questions. Thinking a defeat is 'what the doctor ordered' prior to an AGM.

'Retro Team' can do one.

This AGM is shaping up to be an epic with the Hibernian Retro Team - I can't wait.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I am not proud of the retro team.

California-Hibs
29-09-2013, 03:03 AM
The retro team is fake. It's a Hearts fan on the troll guys.

mikewynne
29-09-2013, 04:08 AM

Maybe if the yam children got outside and played football rather than trolling they wouldn't be bottom of the league.

SkintHibby
29-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Hope someone stands up and tells Rod that he is not the right man to take Hibernian forward.

lord bunberry
29-09-2013, 06:56 AM

They won't have any plans, I doubt they will even be there. They are the new sidney hibee, attention seeking lonely people.

Mikey
29-09-2013, 07:43 AM

Trolls don't tend to go to the extent of sending out Hibs t-shirts to prize winners in their competitions.

Hibby D
29-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Trolls don't tend to go to the extent of sending out Hibs t-shirts to prize winners in their competitions.

Probably not, but it still begs the question (with respect) why this person is being permitted to come on here with what appears to be the sole intention to ****-stir?

Pedantic_Hibee
29-09-2013, 08:35 AM

Oh, is it? In that case I retract my last post and I'm actually beaming with pride. So proud.

spike220
29-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Sorry to burst you bubble, however there won't be a buffet.......:rolleyes: Well that has to be top of list, the reintroduction of the AGM Buffet, I can hardly think of a more pressing issue.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Maybe the retro plan will be to save the yam, knock us and them into "one team in edinburgh" shut Hibs down, flog off Easter Road for housing and lay the foundation for a new team that plays in maroon at the soon to be completed gorgie megasuperhotelstadium that will then go onto champions league glory.

All paid for by somebody else.

Ah, but they tried that already, its why they are where they are today.

Think I will vote against it, just like before.

Hibernian Retro
29-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the support Mikey. :aok:

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team.

Hibby D
29-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the support Mikey. :aok:

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team.

:faf:

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Apologies to the Admin team for dishing out personal abuse

signed

The Jonnyboy Team

:protest: Team Jonny....I'm in :greengrin

lucky
29-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm going, but does anyone really think that there will be any big announcements? The latest accounts show that off the park things are going well, but on the park it's not so good (understatement).

I would like Hibs to announce a new Director with sole responsibility for liaising with the support. I would like this person to be elected by season ticket holders on a 3 year term of office.

.Sean.
29-09-2013, 07:00 PM
'The Hibernian Retro Team'. One fat loner in a shed who's printed about 25 Hibs related Fruit of the Loom t-shirts ready to make a bid of about £150. Embarrassment.

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 07:02 PM
:protest: Team Jonny....I'm in :greengrin

Excellent. Membership doubled without having to troll Hibs.net. Result :greengrin

oconnors_strip
29-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Excellent. Membership doubled without having to troll Hibs.net. Result :greengrin

I'm in as well! Where do I sign up? :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
29-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Got any t-shirts we can buy?

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm in as well! Where do I sign up? :greengrin

Membership is free to Hibs fans without the word Retro in their username :greengrin

Got any t-shirts we can buy?

No, but I've heard some bloke is pushing his wares ahead of a massive takeover bid :agree:

Mr White
29-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Hibernian Retro Team OUT, Jonnyboy Team IN.

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Hibernian Retro Team OUT, Jonnyboy Team IN.

That'd make a good t-shirt that would :wink:

Mr White
29-09-2013, 07:20 PM

Just set up a Facebook page JB, s'easy :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm going, but does anyone really think that there will be any big announcements? The latest accounts show that off the park things are going well, but on the park it's not so good (understatement).

I would like Hibs to announce a new Director with sole responsibility for liaising with the support. I would like this person to be elected by season ticket holders on a 3 year term of office.

I nominate Jonnyboy :agree:

Billy Whizz
29-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Me too, and I'm his agent

Hibby D
29-09-2013, 07:40 PM
I've just had the scariest thought.

I usually try and sit beside folks I know at the AGM. What if I accidentally end up sitting next to the Retro team and I'm mistaken for one of them :paranoid:

jonty
29-09-2013, 07:47 PM

I usually try and sit beside folks I know at the AGM. What if I accidentally end up sitting next to the Retro team and I'm mistaken for one of them :paranoid:
Easy peasy.
HR can be spotted a mile away - they'll be sitting 4 abreast, with one clutching an A4 piece of paper with their agenda and mission statement. Another will be carrying a very large fake cheque with which to buy the club.

Only sit next to individuals, or groups of 2 or 3. Simples :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Easy peasy.
HR can be spotted a mile away - they'll be sitting 4 abreast, with one clutching an A4 piece of paper with their agenda and mission statement. Another will be carrying a very large fake cheque with which to buy the club.

One of them will have the equipment necessary to record the meeting. :cb

Hibby D
29-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Easy peasy.

You forgot the tape recorder. One of them will have a tape recorder.

Phew! Glad I asked :cheers:

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 07:54 PM

'Never be without a Jonny'

Thats the Tee-shirt

matty_f
29-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Has anyone managed to alienate their potential customer base this badly since Ratner?

spike220
29-09-2013, 09:47 PM
'The Hibernian Retro Team'. One fat loner in a shed who's printed about 25 Hibs related Fruit of the Loom t-shirts ready to make a bid of about £150. Embarrassment.
Aye Rod will just sit there pissing himself laughing for the first twenty minutes.

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 09:50 PM

What did I ever do to you? :greengrin

Me too, and I'm his agent

10% of nothing comes to erm nothing (checked with Rod and that's correct :greengrin

D, he'll be the guy with the baggy looking over-priced t-shirt that says "I am Hibernian Retro"

PatHead
29-09-2013, 10:19 PM
D, he'll be the guy with the baggy looking over-priced t-shirt that says "I am Hibernian Retro"
..........sitting next to his mummy

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 10:24 PM
..........sitting next to his mummy

RIP
29-09-2013, 10:44 PM

I'm going too. At this month's meeting with the board there was an appreciation that Jamie Marwick had done a good job putting us back into profit. But supporters were looking to the Chairman for the vision, the leadership, the accountability for league positions over the past ten years

Kevin you raised that at the meeting with Rod? Since then LWT have formed a small working group to improve communication between management and supporters. Some actions are already underway.

Hibs already brought back Colin McNeil (Head of Communications at Scottish Power) to improve the communications. He did a good job for the club the last time he was here. Like all board members he is a supporter just not elected by ST's.

I think the club should look at your suggestion separately. The supporter rep should focus on Vision. That's a higher priority than Communication IMO as it is at the core of everything at Hibernian FC

SaulGoodman
29-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Membership is free to Hibs fans without the word Retro in their username :greengrin

Damn :boo hoo:

EVENTUALLY
30-09-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm going too. At this month's meeting with the board there was an appreciation that Jamie Marwick had done a good job putting us back into profit. But supporters were looking to the Chairman for the vision, the leadership, the accountability for league positions over the past ten years

Kevin you raised that at the meeting with Rod? Since then LWT have formed a small working group to improve communication between management and supporters. Some actions are already underway.

Hibs already brought back Colin McNeil (Head of Communications at Scottish Power) to improve the communications. He did a good job for the club the last time he was here. Like all board members he is a supporter just not elected by ST's.

I think the club should look at your suggestion separately. The supporter rep should focus on Vision. That's a higher priority than Communication IMO as it is at the core of everything at Hibernian FC

He is a Dundee fan.

Jonnyboy
30-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Damn :boo hoo:

Exceptions can be made though :wink:

Golden Bear
30-09-2013, 05:26 PM
As a shareholder, in RETROspect it was a bad decision to tear up my admission pass/voting card when I decided not to attend. It could be an entertaining night by the sounds of it.

CropleyWasGod
30-09-2013, 06:30 PM
As a shareholder, in RETROspect it was a bad decision to tear up my admission pass/voting card when I decided not to attend. It could be an entertaining night by the sounds of it.

As long as you can prove your identity, I don't see a problem in your getting in.

Mr White
30-09-2013, 06:33 PM
As long as you can prove your identity, I don't see a problem in your getting in.

Even if he goes wired for sound and carrying a cine camera?

barcahibs
30-09-2013, 06:35 PM

I went last year without my pass slip thing. Just gave my full name and address at the door and was waved through.

offshorehibby
30-09-2013, 06:55 PM

They've usually got a list of names and addresses, so as long as your name is on the list.

BroxburnHibee
30-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Even if he goes wired for sound and carrying a cine camera?

As long as he's not walking about with a head full of music :agree:

Mr White
30-09-2013, 07:47 PM
As long as he's not walking about with a head full of music :agree:

Or a cassette in his pocket.

hibbybob
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
I've managed to mislay my letter etc. Could somebody please confirm what time the AGM starts. I assume it's in the FF Stand as usual?

Thanks.

offshorehibby
01-10-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm offshore at the moment so wont make tonight hopefully a couple of good summery's up on here by the time i log in tomorrow.

jacomo
01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Came on here to find out all the latest on the takeover bid to be launched at the AGM.

So far as I can work out, Johnnyboy will be chairman (but his 'consortium' has unspecified funding) while the rival bid from the cotton magnates is now looking a little shaky. Is this right?

Bostonhibby
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
You forgot the tape recorder. One of them will have a tape recorder.

Phew! Glad I asked :cheers:

Grundig reel to reel is the most subtle way to do it:wink: handy carrying case - has two handles as the whole lot weighed about 14 stone if I remember correctly.

HibbyRod
01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I've managed to mislay my letter etc. Could somebody please confirm what time the AGM starts. I assume it's in the FF Stand as usual?

Thanks.

7pm kick-off in the Famous Five Stand mate. :aok:

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Looks as though Pat Fenlon will be going.

silverhibee
01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Maybe someone could ask who has appointed the assistant managers over the last few seasons, ie Jimmy Nicholl, Derek Adams and finally that yam ****er Billy Brown as it seems it isn't the manager.

hibbybob
01-10-2013, 11:14 AM
7pm kick-off in the Famous Five Stand mate. :aok:

Cheers for that.

Treadstone
01-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Any truth in the rumour that the 'Hibernian Retro Team' will ask a question in the style of a barbershop quartet and then leave the room without adding anything else. It's their shtick.

Mikey
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM

The manager's always there.

If we have one :greengrin

Golden Bear
01-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Chance would be a fine thing.

:wink:

Aubenas
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM

You'll recognise me, D. I'll be retro, not Retro......:rolleyes:

PatHead
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Surprised to hear there is no buffet, always have a good one for LWT and now that David Forsyth is on a diet their is plenty for others to eat!

PatHead
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM
You'll recognise me, D. I'll be retro, not Retro......:rolleyes:

So there will be flares as well as fireworks tonight!

lucky
01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Looking forward to tonight, it will be great to see all the keyboard warriors put Pat , Rod and STF in their places.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM

He should be going to the Hibs under 20's game tonight instead. Might see some players that can go into the team next Monday

southsider
01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Surprised to hear there is no buffet, always have a good one for LWT and now that David Forsyth is on a diet their is plenty for others to eat!

There was free wine at The Baker Boys book launch at E R last night. The red was going down a treat. Was a good do even if the author was sh@tting himself but he was more relaxed later.

Speedway
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I predict the following 15 outcomes/statements:

1. Great financial performance due to cup final and increased ST take up

2. Backed the manager in the transfer market

3. Couldn't get Griffiths no matter who Rod offered to make pregnant at Molyneux

4. Reasonable start to the season, Yams/Malmo games hurt, won't happen again yada yada yada

5. Some weird extremely selective stat that makes us look like we're doing great. (only team sponsored by Nike in Edinburgh to reach final of
last years cup all year or something)

6. EM, grass roots, other stuff that doesn't win us SPFL matches all doing wonderfully well

7. We wouldn't be here without STF - RP

8. We wouldn't be here without RP -STF

9. LWT smashing progress, wonderful.

10. Someone fiercely questions the price of a nip in BTG

11. Someone else asks if Riordan is training with us

12. Board states it's vision to be competing at the top end of the league and in the latter stages of the cups

13. Two man anti-RP protest outside from the Hibernian Who Cares? team

14. Someone calls it a day, rolls their sleeve up and publicly self harms.

15. Class dismissed, no further questions your honour, together we are stronger, let's all be in the family way for a brighter tomorrow, Hibs still here in 678 years, tighten our belts, live within our means, it's a marathon not a snickers, great tradition, rock solid financies etc and so forth.

Aubenas
01-10-2013, 01:17 PM
So there will be flares as well as fireworks tonight!

Hah! Brilliant! Flares a bit modern for me though....;-)

Jonnyboy
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Came on here to find out all the latest on the takeover bid to be launched at the AGM.

So far as I can work out, Johnnyboy will be chairman (but his 'consortium' has unspecified funding) while the rival bid from the cotton magnates is now looking a little shaky. Is this right?

100% real cotton ... erm I mean 100% correct :agree:

silverhibee
01-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Member of Retro team detained on Easter Road. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNoInyYTuBU :greengrin

PatHead
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Can someone get me a "So Pwoud to be a Hibby, I cried" T shirt please. Square you up next time I see you.