PDA

View Full Version : Cup game neutral venues with Hampden closed

Diclonius
25-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Given that both of the OF are out, has it been decided where the final will be held this year given Hampden being unavailable for the Commonwealth Games?

I'd assume Parkhead or Ibrox and wouldn't really have any complaints with either. (inb4 "OMFG IT SHOULD BE HELD AT MURRAYFIELD")

TamHibs
25-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Given that both of the OF are out, has it been decided where the final will be held this year given Hampden being unavailable for the Commonwealth Games?

I'd assume Parkhead or Ibrox and wouldn't really have any complaints with either. (inb4 "OMFG IT SHOULD BE HELD AT MURRAYFIELD")

Isn't it only the Scottish Cup final this year that can't be played at Hampden?

Diclonius
25-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Isn't it only the Scottish Cup final this year that can't be played at Hampden?

Hampden is closed after November.

hibsbollah
25-09-2013, 05:05 PM
The league cup final is in the spring, so no clash with the buckfast games... will therefore still be at Hampden surely?

Sir David Gray
25-09-2013, 05:09 PM
The league cup final is in the spring, so no clash with the buckfast games... will therefore still be at Hampden surely?

Closed for a year, apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19834277

Billy Whizz
25-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Closed for a year, apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19834277

I got an email the other day from the SFA saying the Scotland v USA friendly in November would be the last for a year

fat freddy
25-09-2013, 05:54 PM
If hearts get to the final i think it should be held at the commonwealth pool..

Pretty Boy
25-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Say the final was between ICT and QOTS for example, is there a chance ER could be used?

Makes no sense to play in a 50 or 60K capacity stadium as there are very few teams left in that could sell 20k+ tickets.

hfc rd
25-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Murrayfield? That's where I want it. But think it will get held at Parkhead or Ibrox or even possibly the overdue £51M New Wongadome that we are all waiting to be built?

Aldo
25-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Murrayfield? That's where I want it. But think it will get held at Parkhead or Ibrox or even possibly the overdue £51M New Wongadome that we are all waiting to be built?

Think the 400,000 capacity at the Wonga dome might be a tad too much?

Keith_M
25-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Wasn't it the case that they were holding back on a decision depending on whether Celtc or T'Rangers reach the final?

It's going to be Parkhead or Ibrox, so they might as well toss a coin now and announce which stadium has been chosen and await the bile from the other side of the city.

hfc rd
25-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Not only the venue for the final, but what about the semi-final venues? ER? PBS? Rugby Park? Fir Park?

Keith_M
25-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Not only the venue for the final, but what about the semi-final venues? ER? PBS? Rugby Park? Fir Park?

None of those will be big enough if Hearts get there because we all know what an amazing support they took to the Semi-Final last season.

I hear they sold out the whole stadium themselves...

Ehm, well, they at least sold out their whole allocation...

OK, maybe not but, be fair, they had to go all the way through to Glasgow for the ga...

It was at Easter Road? Are you kidding me?

monktonharp
25-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Wasn't it the case that they were holding back on a decision depending on whether Celtc or T'Rangers reach the final?

It's going to be Parkhead or Ibrox, so they might as well toss a coin now and announce which stadium has been chosen and await the bile from the other side of the city. it could be at Ibrox, the majority of finals are played at the home of another lower division club.

Northernhibee
26-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Just thinking, we're most likely going to get ICT or St Johnstone in the semi finals of the cup - where do we think that this game will take place?

I know our bankrupt neighbours got ICT at ER last year, surely Tynie can't be seen as a suitable venue for such a big game?

:wink:

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Just thinking, we're most likely going to get ICT or St Johnstone in the semi finals of the cup - where do we think that this game will take place?

I know our bankrupt neighbours got ICT at ER last year, surely Tynie can't be seen as a suitable venue for such a big game?

Here we go. :rolleyes:

We never learn, do we?

Pedantic_Hibee
26-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Tynecastle isn't safe enough. I'd rather travel further afield than risk my health and safety in the Pinkery.

IanM

We never learn, do we?

:agree::agree:

the sarcastic cheering when we had the ball midweek nearly done the same..

Aldo
Just thinking, we're most likely going to get ICT or St Johnstone in the semi finals of the cup - where do we think that this game will take place? I know our bankrupt neighbours got ICT at ER last year, surely Tynie can't be seen as a suitable venue for such a big game? :wink:

Eh a wee bit ahead if ourselves are we not?

Jonnyboy

We never learn, do we?

Indeed. Point I was trying to make on the other thread re the quarter finals.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2013, 02:36 PM
I think we should delete this thread

Northernhibee
26-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Tynecastle isn't safe enough. I'd rather travel further afield than risk my health and safety in the Pinkery.

Definately. A game of such magnitude deserves grander surroundings :wink:

allezsauzee
26-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Cannae use it for semis now...they don't even have a car park

Albanian Hibs
26-09-2013, 02:39 PM

How are we likely to get saints or ict in the semis? What about well/sheep?

Northernhibee

Might be able to get some snacks from Tesco beforehand though (if they've got it built and open in time)

CropleyWasGod
Indeed. Point I was trying to make on the other thread re the quarter finals.

Yeah. We both go back too long for us to be anything other than "cautious". :cb

Bostonhibby
26-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Might the council help us out here?

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 02:43 PM
You know what, we might as well start arguing about who gets tickets for the Final while we're at it.

:rolleyes:

Pete
26-09-2013, 02:47 PM
You know what, we might as well start arguing about who gets tickets for the Final while we're at it.

:rolleyes:

As long as the parade is on a Sunday night I don't mind.

Lets talk routes.

Mikey
26-09-2013, 02:49 PM
There's a decent chance that both semi finals will be held in Edinburgh.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't care if it comes back to bite me, I've had enough of approaching derbies in a cautious mood.

I'm confident that we're going to have more than enough to beat them next month and I'm looking forward to the semi final draw.

Bring them on.

Northernhibee
26-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't care if it comes back to bite me, I've had enough of approaching derbies in a cautious mood.

I'm confident that we're going to have more than enough to beat them next month and I'm looking forward to the semi final draw.

Bring them on.

Now their confidence has gone they have nothing to offer.

4-0 (and that's with ten minutes of keepball at the end) :flag:

nonshinyfinish
26-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Now their confidence has gone they have nothing to offer.

4-0 (and that's with ten minutes of keepball at the end) :flag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XckOl11OAiI

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 03:30 PM
As long as the parade is on a Sunday night I don't mind.

Lets talk routes.

Nah, we need to decide if Season Ticket holders should get two tickets each first. If they do, and end up giving one of them to their Rangers supporting mate from Penicuik who's never actually been to a game, then I'm cancelling my Hibernian TV subscription in protest.

If they don't play the final at Murrayfield then I refuse to attend.

Oh, and if the Cup Parade Route doesn't go down Leith Walk, I'm never paying Council Tax ever again.... Actually, that last bit sounds a bit Yammish, sorry.

Baw187
26-09-2013, 03:57 PM
It's brilliant how folk reckon that overconfidence has an influence on the result! Like we've jinxed the game!

"We're going to hammer them"
"Oh, ****, the game's up. You shouldnae have said that"

Well amusing!

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 04:04 PM
It's brilliant how folk reckon that overconfidence has an influence on the result! Like we've jinxed the game!

"We're going to hammer them"
"Oh, ****, the game's up. You shouldnae have said that"

Well amusing!

I'm not sure anybody said that. Most comments are that it's just going to make us look stupid if it all backfires, as at the last derby.

Northernhibee
26-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure anybody said that. Most comments are that it's just going to make us look stupid if it all backfires, as at the last derby.

We just need to make sure that it doesn't backfire :wink:

Zoubir vs McHattie. Just think of that if it helps.

Baw187
26-09-2013, 05:54 PM

I get that but it comes across like some kind of radge superstition ! FWIW, if folk think we're going to win then they should say so. Doesn't matter if they turn out to be wrong. It's not like it's beyond the wit of man to accept we make wrong calls now and then.

Plus we'll destroy them.

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I get that but it comes across like some kind of radge superstition ! FWIW, if folk think we're going to win then they should say so. Doesn't matter if they turn out to be wrong. It's not like it's beyond the wit of man to accept we make wrong calls now and then.

Plus we'll destroy them.

You do realise you've jinxed it now, don't you

Pedantic_Hibee
26-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Plus we'll destroy them.

Correct. They are absolutely honking. Will Hearts fans swell with pride and applaud the brave soldiers off the park after we pump them? So proud. I'm so proud of their pride. Very proud. I'm so proud of how they celebrate defeat. So proud.

JohnStephens91
27-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Correct. They are absolutely honking. Will Hearts fans swell with pride and applaud the brave soldiers off the park after we pump them? So proud. I'm so proud of their pride. Very proud. I'm so proud of how they celebrate defeat. So proud.

I'm so proud of you that I am crying here. My yellow front, brown back tight white y-fronts are beginning to get wet as I sit here on my balcony in Bulgaria and I'm not sure what liquid it is. So proud of you being proud at the Hearts fans pride. I'm proud of everybody.

Wilson
27-09-2013, 08:08 AM

We beat St. Johnstone there in a semi final not all that many years ago. It is the only time I've been there. A bit of history repeating would do in that case.