PDA

View Full Version : We've Section 43, should we now have a Muppets section?

Waxy
24-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Deep in injury time Liam Craig plays a ball backwards into his own half.
He has no space to play a ball forward, yet two or three (very loud) muppets start to boo him.
You know who you are.your muppets.
unreal.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Ah that'll be Statler and Waldorf ;)

Franck Le God
24-09-2013, 10:07 PM
There were people around me booing every time Vine had the ball and one boy in front of me went as far as to say "please let him be injured" when Rowan was down in the first half.

Words fail me.

SaulGoodman
24-09-2013, 10:08 PM
They've just not been the same since Disney bought them over :agree:

Hiber-nation
24-09-2013, 10:17 PM
You could hear these bellends clearer with the sparser crowd. Some of it was comedy gold. Some was just cringeworthy.

If they'd bawled at the defence for not defending these 2 corners then fair enough but cheering when the player who created 3 of the 5 goals is subbed is a new low.

hibeemikey21
24-09-2013, 10:19 PM
He has no space to play a ball forward, yet two or three (very loud) muppets start to boo him.
unreal.

Haha - I know the exact pass you are talking about because I clocked the boos too.

Ball into feet with him facing our goal and he played it back to Hanlon first time?

I think it was just a case of folk wanting a cricket score. Far too close for comfort tonight. Possession retention was the right idea!

Thecat23
24-09-2013, 10:31 PM
****ing rosters honestly. You guys must sit near me in the West as the guys behind me booed. Also shouted abuse at Vine.

SteveHFC
24-09-2013, 10:47 PM
****ing rosters honestly. You guys must sit near me in the West as the guys behind me booed. Also shouted abuse at Vine.

This. ********s :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2013, 10:55 PM
There is no scapegoat in team.

I know its a question of where do you draw the line and you should avoid pitching fan against fan but What if it was a case of Target the bullies, not the team?

skipster7
24-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I kid you not, after 5 seconds tonight this old boy shouts " whats all this, get it up the park !" ...5 seconds. not to mention 2 guys sitting behind us second half wondering if Sproule was injured :confused:

Brightside
24-09-2013, 11:02 PM

Where about in the west....there is deffo a bunch nearer the away end in the West who spend a long time booing.

My_Wife_Camille
24-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Some ridiculous scenes tonight in the stands.

I normally sit in the East but I decided to venture into the West Upper for tonight's game and couldn't believe what Was going on. In the 93rd minute Ben Williams had the ball at his feet and waited until the Stranraer player came up before picking it up and Some roaster sitting infront of me screamed "**** OFF FENLON" and the guy behind me started booing.

Weirdos!

Purehibee_MYB
24-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Where about in the west....there is deffo a bunch nearer the away end in the West who spend a long time booing.

I was toward the famous five in the west tonight for a change (usually sect 43 area) and it was full of boo boys !

SteveHFC
24-09-2013, 11:19 PM
I was toward the famous five in the west tonight for a change (usually sect 43 area) and it was full of boo boys !

Very much this mate :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
24-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Very much this mate :agree:

Really don't know why they bother coming to games!

Billychaotic182
24-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Vine seems to be the main target this year. Why must we always have a boo boy

LeithBoozy
25-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Vine seems to be the main target this year. Why must we always have a boo boy

I really sometimes wonder if they are undercover yam fuds, just there to put players off their game, wish they would stay away.

GraniteCityHibs
25-09-2013, 12:37 AM
I saw Vine getting some right stick on Twitter. One from a young lassie at the game and one from a boy who wasn't.

I just asked them if setting up 3 goals wasn't enough. The general answer was 'aye but he's s***e'.

There are some strange people about folks. Be safe out there.

macd123
25-09-2013, 01:18 AM
What these guys need to ask themselves is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MFn8L9tIrg

Nomeancity
25-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Some ridiculous scenes tonight in the stands.

I normally sit in the East but I decided to venture into the West Upper for tonight's game and couldn't believe what Was going on. In the 93rd minute Ben Williams had the ball at his feet and waited until the Stranraer player came up before picking it up and Some roaster sitting infront of me screamed "**** OFF FENLON" and the guy behind me started booing.

Weirdos!

I know exactly where you mean the guy was 2 seats to my left. Totally weird not a peep from him all game and then he blasts this out at the end I jumped out my seat with fright he was so loud after being so quiet!! Quiet a few boo boys in the last few minutes when we were retaining possession, crazy.

RIP
25-09-2013, 06:51 AM
There seems to be a thread on here every week where the supporters are frustrated with the conduct of a small minority of abusers.

Is there anything as a support we can actually do to stifle thus conduct or do we just have to put up with this at every game?

Every season recently there have been away teams stating the way to beat Hibs at ER is to get their own fans on their backs

ruthven_raiders
25-09-2013, 06:52 AM
I know exactly where you mean the guy was 2 seats to my left. Totally weird not a peep from him all game and then he blasts this out at the end I jumped out my seat with fright he was so loud after being so quiet!! Quiet a few boo boys in the last few minutes when we were retaining possession, crazy.

I think I know the exact guys your talking about, west stand near the top upper, near the famous five stand? Father and son that sit directly behind me and if things go wrong they start squealing, things were generally going alright for lost of the game against st mirren but near the end a couple of decisions go against us as he slams the seat beside him right behind my wife's ear! Then last night nowt all game and the pass your talking about starts booing and when Williams wasted time he was shouting away! These guys do my but in and like where im sitting as most of the guys around are a good laugh but these two geeez get a life! ;o)

DaveF
25-09-2013, 06:54 AM
There seems to be a thread on here every week where the supporters are frustrated with the conduct of a small minority of abusers.

Is there anything as a support we can actually do to stifle thus conduct or do we just have to put up with this at every game?

Just put up with it.

If you (not you directly) don't like it, then stand up and cheer on the team as an alternative rather than groan about it on a messageboard.

DaveF
25-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Every season recently there have been away teams stating the way to beat Hibs at ER is to get their own fans on their backs

Gogs - You are (IMO) in danger of being sucked in by media \ BBC nonsense on this issue. Are you seriously telling me that Hibs have a bigger problem than any other club in terms of fans getting on players backs? All because sportsound had a wee media campaign about it last year.

Hibrandenburg
25-09-2013, 07:01 AM

It's almost as bad on here to be honest. If the players read some of the things said about them on here it must surely dent their self esteem and thus have an effect on their confidence. One guy has even started a thread having a go at the best keeper we've had in 10 years, what's all that about?

sambajustice
25-09-2013, 07:18 AM
I was in the leather seats in the FF upper and we all had a jolly good time, what!

Jay
25-09-2013, 07:25 AM

You must be near us, guys a bit behind us shouting abuse at Vine for wearing the number 9 shirt. I kept checking the scoreboard to make sure we were actually winning.

Teo10
25-09-2013, 07:36 AM
I had people going on about being negative, just because we weren't going for the cricket score. In a game we didnt defend set pieces etc particularly well, I was happy to watch us play keep ball between midfield/defence to see it out...

Hibi
25-09-2013, 07:47 AM
unreal.

I agree. In the lead up to the penalty they started booing because again it wasn't on down one side and we went back to the goalie and chose to keep it rather than force it. Anyway Williams played it out to the right where we had space, played some nice football and got the penalty. What annoys me most is these are probably the same people who are complaining about us humping it forward and playing "hoofball".

Aldo
25-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Prob is a lot of the folk moaning and booing prob haven't kicked a ball in their life.

I am happy to keep possession and if that means playing it back or sideways to do it then do be it.

I would prefer a forward pass but if it's not on why just hoof it.

Some folk will never be happy.

We won... Yes conceded 3 but heay into the next round of the cup.

SmashinGlass
25-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Just put up with it.

If you (not you directly) don't like it, then stand up and cheer on the team as an alternative rather than groan about it on a messageboard.

That's exactly what I did at the game. Late on, when the groaners were moaning about the keep ball, I stood and loudly (well as loud as I could) applauded and shouted positive compliments about the keep ball. People around me must have thought I was a bit mad, but I really don't care. The team deserve plaudits for seeing out a result, not abuse

Ritchie
25-09-2013, 09:06 AM
some of the morons in the east are embarrassing!

i got my season ticket this season in Section 43 but have hardly sat in my seat as i can't stand some of the muppets around me.

its not any of the young lads who sing for most of the game, its the older guys who sit in that section who can't help but get on players backs and shout "he's deed" after every single line of every single song. embarrassing! :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
25-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I really sometimes wonder if they are undercover yam fuds, just there to put players off their game, wish they would stay away.

Wouldnt rule it out IMO.

MB62
25-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Sect 43 are by and large excellent in their support for the club, although no doubt not everybody 100% of the time is positive when things are not going just right. However, after reading various threads today all relating to muppets abusing Hibs players, and by the sound of it Vine in Particular, should we now create a MUPPETS section where all these moaning faced bar stewards can go and sit together?
I would nominate the West stand, South, Upper, possible section 1, and let them all gather there on match days and shout abuse at everybody. It could create a good atmosphere with section 43 in competition against them, although sect 43 would be hugely outnumbered by the sounds of it.

A mate of my nephew was at the Ross County game and slagged Vine every time he looked going near the ball. To be fair, Vine was crap that day and nephews mate was more commenting almost under his breath, so no way would Vine (or anybody else outside about a 2 yard radius) hear him. Then on Saturday, Hibs playing some great stuff IMO and leading 2-0, same man in same low tone 'get him off' for something that happened that was totally innocuous. I didn't even know who he was directing his comments at but thought 'you've sat there all game and said nowt in what is a great performance, now you want somebody off presumably because he has done something wrong.

So, I'm going to nominate Fergie Statler as the first member of sect 1
(sorry Fergie, happy to buy you a pint but not to listen to the negativity) :greengrin

brian6-2
25-09-2013, 10:46 AM
the best section for these nomarks is at home.

Keith_M
25-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Someone recently raised the same issue and suggested the South Stand Upper. However, I doubt that would be big enough, as it holds less than 2,000.

If this did happen, it really HAS to be named the 'Stadtler and Waldorf Stand.' I'd like to nominate my Dad as the first inmate, ehm, sorry, I mean member :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Maybe we need punchbags to let out the nervous energy...

Feng shui assessments and alterations should be made throughout the stadium.
Start with the bogs so that the negative energy flows can escape. Next water features along length of the FF stand.
Jos sticks and essence burning (flame-save) devices should be fitted next to the pie queues and bookies.
The crowning glory an atrium in Behind the Goals to calm the punters ahead of the match.

Hibs Community Foundation could subliminally run anger management courses.

spike220
25-09-2013, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXlhpeb6wI

Hedlund12
25-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Best and most positive thread/suggestion I've read on .net in a long while... loving it!!! Quite liking the one too about them staying at home... but to be fair ...try the Muppet section first...take their money (as it all helps the club) erect a big sound proofed screen around them... so we don't have to listen to them ...suggest its behind one of the goals with the sound proof screen open pre match... so players can blast the ball into this section...in the warm up...using some of them as sitting targets!!! Anyway better reign my imagination in and get back to work before I'm rumbled!!!

MB62
25-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Best and most positive thread/suggestion I've read on .net in a long while... loving it!!! Quite liking the one too about them staying at home... but to be fair ...try the Muppet section first...take their money (as it all helps the club) erect a big sound proofed screen around them... so we don't have to listen to them ...suggest its behind one of the goals with the sound proof screen open pre match... so players can blast the ball into this section...in the warm up...using some of them as sitting targets!!! Anyway better reign my imagination in and get back to work before I'm rumbled!!!

when we're 4-1 up at home in a cup tie, section 43 could start the chant 'Can you hear the muppets sing? No, No! :greengrin
Although I'm sure 5 minutes later they would be in their glory singing back something like 'we're so
5h1te it's unbelievable' :grr:

joebakerforever
25-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Waldorf and Statler are already sitting one row down on the opposite side of the aisle from me :greengrin

Constant barracking of PF and any player that makes a mistake.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Strategically placed muppets pics/memorabilia...
thats the answer.

Muppet-oriented-vigilantiism - the ugly but necessary darker side of Scottish football sub-culture.

RIP
25-09-2013, 02:25 PM
MUPPETS !! :greengrin

:aok:

Muppet posters round Easter Road at the next Home Game?

My mum used to call these people 'Stressbags' - who need to have an apoplectic fit at the least wee thing

rcarter1
25-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Having a dedicated section for this type of chap might not work. Not sure that many would elect to use it..

We could have a naughty step in every section of the ground. This way individuals could be pointed out locally, sent there for 10 minutes with a bucket on their head. Persistent offenders could then be painted with maroon coloured glue, and have bananas thrown at them. I agree that it is important that they continue to contribute their cash, but enough is enough. Time for common sense to prevail...

Scouse Hibee
25-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Spot on thread....................It always amazes me the amount of people that only comment negatively at a football match. They can watch a certain player play ten straight crossfield passes right to someones toe with no comment at all, when the eleventh one goes astray they're up calling them effing useless and booing them.

Also I know watching the game is all about opinions, but how some folk on here can have a totally different view on a game when the vast majority have clearly an opposite view also often puzzles me. I guess these could be the muppets? :confused:

Keith_M
25-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Well, the current section only seems to have a capacity of two seats so we'd need to increase it a bit :wink:

Seveno
25-09-2013, 05:22 PM
We would need a rule that if 10 or more fans petitioned the club to nominate a 'muppet' then that person is relocated to the Muppet Section. It could even be carried out as part of the half time entertainment.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2013, 07:22 PM
We would need a rule that if 10 or more fans petitioned the club to nominate a 'muppet' then that person is relocated to the Muppet Section. It could even be carried out as part of the half time entertainment.

A Flashmob descent upon a muppet in the pie queue and hum the feem-toon ;)

It could be like Salem - "I swear I saw big Rab shouting abuse at Fenlon after 66 minutes in the 66 game of his Hibs career and profess a love of cats (I think is said cats) and he thought Leigh Griffiths never bothered his arrrrs tracking back - lazy git!".

MB62
26-09-2013, 06:59 AM
A Flashmob descent upon a muppet in the pie queue and hum the feem-toon ;)
It could be like Salem - "I swear I saw big Rab shouting abuse at Fenlon after 66 minutes in the 66 game of his Hibs career and profess a love of cats (I think is said cats) and he thought Leigh Griffiths never bothered his arrrrs tracking back - lazy git!".

That could be quite funny and maybe even effective. Any time one of the muppets lets rip at one of the players, fans around him/her just stand up and point at them, singing the theme tune :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2013, 07:19 AM
I was in FF lower and clearly heard someone in West lower shout "mcgivern your s@@@@" in 2nd half!!! APALLING

green day
26-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Every team has its moaners, groaners etc throughout its support - even successful teams (and sometimes they are worse as success breeds expectation of further successes).

We have had managerial and performance issues for some years now, and I think it is unsurprising that some fans are still to be convinced - I am not condoning the screaming at players in recent games, by the way - its just that, we all know just how far down the pan we really were early season - there are a lot of fans (and I mean season ticket holders, people who do support the club) that might need more time, more decent performances to be won over.

There have been lots of false dawns before - doing well early season, followed by what felt like a different team stuttering through to May? And what about the implosion post league cup win under Collins? The absolute best I felt as a hibs fan (ok, maybe post mercer final was better) but then followed by weeks of humiliation and pumped out the scottish at a horrific hampden replay?

And dont even get me started on the last 2 scottish cup finals.

I guess I am trying to say - its not acceptable - but in many ways I understand the feelings.

MB62
26-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Every team has its moaners, groaners etc throughout its support - even successful teams (and sometimes they are worse as success breeds expectation of further successes).

We have had managerial and performance issues for some years now, and I think it is unsurprising that some fans are still to be convinced - I am not condoning the screaming at players in recent games, by the way - its just that, we all know just how far down the pan we really were early season - there are a lot of fans (and I mean season ticket holders, people who do support the club) that might need more time, more decent performances to be won over.
There have been lots of false dawns before - doing well early season, followed by what felt like a different team stuttering through to May? And what about the implosion post league cup win under Collins? The absolute best I felt as a hibs fan (ok, maybe post mercer final was better) but then followed by weeks of humiliation and pumped out the scottish at a horrific hampden replay?

I guess I am trying to say - its not acceptable - but in many ways I understand the feelings.

Agree, but this is not about the doubters, it's about the ABUSERS who seem to take more pleasure in screaming abuse at our own players than they do at seeing them play well.

Keith_M
26-09-2013, 09:33 AM
every team has its moaners, groaners etc throughout its support - even successful teams (and sometimes they are worse as success breeds expectation of further successes).

I guess i am trying to say - its not acceptable - but in many ways i understand the feelings.

Launch The Muppet ..........

silverhibee
26-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I must sit in amongst a lot of the happy clappers in the east as i very seldom hear any of this pish that is being shouted.

MB62
26-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I must sit in amongst a lot of the happy clappers in the east as i very seldom hear any of this pish that is being shouted.

Maybe need to start another section for the Happy Clappers :greengrin

silverhibee
26-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Maybe need to start another section for the Happy Clappers :greengrin

Don't they already all sit in the West. :greengrin

WeeCraigy
26-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Having a dedicated section for this type of chap might not work. Not sure that many would elect to use it..

We could have a naughty step in every section of the ground. This way individuals could be pointed out locally, sent there for 10 minutes with a bucket on their head. Persistent offenders could then be painted with maroon coloured glue, and have bananas thrown at them. I agree that it is important that they continue to contribute their cash, but enough is enough. Time for common sense to prevail...

We could have petrie riding a donkey around the pitch shooting a paintball gun at anyone who boos? Of course he'd have to be sitting backwards and wearing a fez

Beefster
26-09-2013, 11:24 AM
The wee guy three seats along from me once said "These pies are ****ing rank. I got a big bit of gristle in this one". No wonder Wotherspoon fluffed the ball immediately afterwards.

MB62
26-09-2013, 11:48 AM
The wee guy three seats along from me once said "These pies are ****ing rank. I got a big bit of gristle in this one". No wonder Wotherspoon fluffed the ball immediately afterwards.

He's been complaining about these pies for umpteen years. He used to always shout 'Baker, you're terrible' and not long after, Joe left the club. Still didn't improve the pies though. :wink: :greengrin

mikethehibee69
26-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Lol so I am a happy clapper!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

West stand is fab, we get tea and cucumber sandwiches instead of the horrible pies and dodgy brown drink :wink:

SteveHFC
26-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Lol so I am a happy clapper!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

West stand is fab, we get tea and cucumber sandwiches instead of the horrible pies and dodgy brown drink :wink:

and we get an excellent supply of Cakes :na na: :greengrin

MB62
26-09-2013, 12:26 PM

What, even now that's Baker's gone?

silverhibee
26-09-2013, 12:55 PM

ltyf :na na: :greengrin

Hedlund12
26-09-2013, 03:04 PM

Someone please give me an idea of where to relocate to then ..... I'd love to join the Happy Clappers.... I'm in the West already but I'm surrounded by a few of the muppets "Sam the Eagle, Sweetums and Animal " (I believe Statler and Waldorf are already sitting in the East!!)

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNP_vU8K-ukWEdllMREgLbBHXUTmX7PI2DNoFOt42Z0_yAye7ZVTMZ-NY (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120206211310/muppet/images/1/16/SamEagle.jpg&imgrefurl=http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_the_Eagle&h=3000&w=2400&sz=6285&tbnid=Ay88hSNAMIwtZM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=72&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsam%2Bthe%2Beagle%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo% 3Du&zoom=1&q=sam+the+eagle&usg=__6yuTiWxnYoD4kRfp_5IlfAHnHGY=&hl=en-GB&sa=X&ei=GUtEUou6OMSv0QXb3oCQCg&ved=0CCIQ9QEwAA) http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTniOsTMFBkUwX5BV7XLKLgasWv8TdDf 7g6la-V5pLTqkLcBtQVJM9Up4k (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_sweetums_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_111704a.htm&h=533&w=400&sz=42&tbnid=wIcrXmuJN4m22M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=62&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsweetums%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=sweetums&usg=__AOCDbQziKTd5Pp7x2dLciJwBtIg=&hl=en-GB&sa=X&ei=Y0tEUpvtG9La0QWvpICICg&ved=0CDAQ9QEwBg) http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqg8uLNf6QNQgpiPFDckieRuUAN7ygR d7PTgeg697UM82OT1hQQWJ5cw (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thelocalq.com/blogs/searchlights/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/animal-muppet1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thelocalq.com/blogs/searchlights/2011/12/odonnell-a-reunion-of-friends&h=324&w=324&sz=40&tbnid=SVZEmBtO0NTHVM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&prev=/search%3Fq%3Danimal%2Bmuppets%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3 Du&zoom=1&q=animal+muppets&usg=__LYE6Jfi1mlLjhXuwgLMj5DMXzQA=&hl=en-GB&sa=X&ei=kktEUovuDsTI0QXKy4G4DA&ved=0CCMQ9QEwAw)