PDA

View Full Version : Players that you enjoyed watching but dont get mentioned enough

gloryglory1875
25-09-2013, 09:41 AM
I was watching the 6 -2 game against them the other day and I was thinking about that team where we had Sauzee, Latapy and Mixu. Everbody remembers these as great players for the club and rightly so. However there are some players that I think were standouts not just in this team but other teams over the years that don't get mentioned as often as they should. For me I thought John O'Neil was every bit as important and a great wee player that doesn't get the credit he maybe deserves. Anyway who was player that you absolutely enjoyed watching but hardly gets mentioned or is long forgotten?

nonshinyfinish
25-09-2013, 09:43 AM
John O'Neil is a good example. I suppose it will always happen with a team like that with so many great players.

I don't think David Zitelli gets as much love as he should.

matty_f
25-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Ulrik Laursen from that side, he was a cracking player.

calumhibee1
25-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Ulrik Laursen from that side, he was a cracking player.

One of my favourite players at the time. David Murphy doesn't get a mention as often as he should, the best full back I've seen at ER.

Beefster
25-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Davie Farrell.

Peevemor
25-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Davie Farrell.

That's a joke - yeah?

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Davie Farrell.

The original "tenacious D"

Treadstone
25-09-2013, 10:18 AM
One of my favourite players at the time. David Murphy doesn't get a mention as often as he should, the best full back I've seen at ER.

Never met a Hibby that didn't think he was absolute class. In fact that should be the 'LTYF' from now on "What did you think of David Murphy ? ". Any answer that doesn't reference his brilliance get them emptied.

LeithBoozy
25-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Stuart Lovell, had a good engine on him. Did a lot of work that he never was credited for, I thought he was a very good player.

calumhibee1
25-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Never met a Hibby that didn't think he was absolute class. In fact that should be the 'LTYF' from now on "What did you think of David Murphy ? ". Any answer that doesn't reference his brilliance get them emptied.

Not so much from us, more from the media etc when that team is mentioned. It's always Whittaker, Riordan etc.

clerriehibs
25-09-2013, 10:24 AM

Apart from murphy's weekly mentions on here, you mean???

dangermouse
25-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Daniel Andersson. Top keeper and should have been given a new deal despite the fact we were manager-less at the time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Paul Fenwick.

Off the bar
25-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Stuart Lovell, had a good engine on him. Did a lot of work that he never was credited for, I thought he was a very good player.

agree 100%, worked really hard, always put in a shift and he got nothing but abuse, one of those we missed after he left.

higgy0418
25-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Name a player that has played at Easter road with a better first touch than David Murphy? I can't think of any. He could take any ball down with ease. Classy footballer

alan1875
25-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Boozy, for me, was absolute class and up there with the absolute best we've had in my lifetime (on his day) :-)

Saorsa
25-09-2013, 11:30 AM
John O'Neil was a great wee player, also thought Michael O'Neill was a very good player.

clerriehibs
25-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Name a player that has played at Easter road with a better first touch than David Murphy? I can't think of any. He could take any ball down with ease. Classy footballer

George best.

To be fair, Murphy was one of my favorites, and there may not have been a better first touch since, but there'll be many predecessors.

spike220
25-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Mickey Weir

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Boozy, for me, was absolute class and up there with the absolute best we've had in my lifetime (on his day) :-)

Is he still coaching with the club? His avatar for twitter confuses the issue for me...

blaikie
25-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Denes Rosa for the short time he was here.

brian6-2
25-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Willie Miller
Stuart Lovell
John O'neill
Matty Jack
Gary Caldwell
Gordon Hunter

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Gary Smith
Pat McGinlay
Graham Mitchell
Murdo
Willie Miller
and Leighton (gutted he left to go back to Aberdeen - we really were blessed with keepers for a while and then....)

HibeeDave
25-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Joe McBride
Joe Tortolano
Paul Kane
Neil Orr
Tam MacIntyre

SkintHibby
25-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Pat McGinlay.

Great player.

Pete
25-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Gary Smith

fat freddy
25-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Dougie Bell...went past opponents effortlessly

Stuart Beadie...top 5 hibs goal ever at hamilton in a cup tie

Tom Smith ?...solid right back in our promotion season

Peter Gucci...outstanding for a very short spell in 1999...cup tie v dons stands out when we were a div 1 club and knocked them out of the cup

Des Bremner..another european cup winning hibby who deserves a mention

bigwheel
25-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Dougie Bell...went past opponents effortlessly

Stuart Beadie...top 5 hibs goal ever at hamilton in a cup tie

Tom Smith ?...solid right back in our promotion season

Peter Gucci...outstanding for a very short spell in 1999...cup tie v dons stands out when we were a div 1 club and knocked them out of the cup

Des Bremner..another european cup winning hibby who deserves a mention

Was he not left back?? played both I think....now a glasgow taxi driver, dropped us off at a game at Ibrox a few years back...nice guy

Smartie
25-09-2013, 05:57 PM
On his day Kevin McAllister was unplayable. And for a winger he was pretty consistent too.

Some team that - no shortage of attacking threat with McAllister, Weir, O'Neill, McGinlay, Wright, Jackson and Harper around!

fat freddy
25-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Was he not left back?? played both I think....now a glasgow taxi driver, dropped us off at a game at Ibrox a few years back...nice guy

lovering played left back that season

why is everyone mentioning the obvious players...i thought this thread was aimed at the more obscure players?

bigwheel
25-09-2013, 06:04 PM

why is everyone mentioning the obvious players...i thought this thread was aimed at the more obscure players?

good shout...thx

bigwheel
25-09-2013, 06:05 PM
perhaps a little more obscure...I always liked Bobby Hutchinson....

Franck Stanton
25-09-2013, 06:19 PM
John Connolly, great left winger, played for St Johnston and then went down South [Everton I think] Ormond capped him for Scotland, we only had him at E/R for around half a season but , great entertainer went past players as if they weren't even there, Zouby has same ability and comes closest to the skill level Connolly had.

Billychaotic182
25-09-2013, 06:22 PM
It may be my age as I was young at the time but Gary Smith was always a player I liked.

Smartie
25-09-2013, 06:24 PM
If we're talking fairly obscure, I always enjoyed watching Zambernardi.

We always refer to the hopeful 70 yard diagonal punt from the left hand side that looks great but produces nothing as the "Zambernardi".

Although I reckon it can't be long until it's renamed the "Hanlon".

Saorsa
25-09-2013, 06:33 PM

why is everyone mentioning the obvious players...i thought this thread was aimed at the more obscure players?Where does it say they have tae be obscure? It's about players people enjoyed watching but who hardly rate a mention, disnae say they have tae be obscure. We've had some good players who rarely rate a mention because they just happened tae be in a team with a couple of exceptional players so they are hardly given a thought most of the time.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Crunchie.

Very rarely mentioned on this site compared to many former players but watching on as a young lad in the cowshed, I was convinced he was the best player in the world :aok:

Mark79
25-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Brian Kerr done a lot of unseen work.

PatHead
25-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Fat Ally McLeod one of the most skilful players I have ever seen at Easter Road

fat freddy
25-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Where does it say they have tae be obscure? It's about players people enjoyed watching but who hardly rate a mention, disnae say they have tae be obscure. We've had some good players who rarely rate a mention because they just happened tae be in a team with a couple of exceptional players so they are hardly given a thought most of the time.

i never said they had to be obscure...i said i thought the thread was aimed at the more obscure players...the key is in the title, 'players...that dont get mentioned enough'...i took that to mean obscure as opposed to the players who were getting mentioned such as mcginlay, crunchie, leighton ect..these players careers at hibs have been well documented so inclusion in this thread seems a bit pointless.

oh, greig miller...i liked his haircut

MrRobot
25-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Laursen.

Always liked Yannick Zambernardi and Freddy Arpinon too.

Saorsa
25-09-2013, 07:20 PM
i never said they had to be obscure...i said i thought the thread was aimed at the more obscure players...the key is in the title, 'players...that dont get mentioned enough'...i took that to mean obscure as opposed to the players who were getting mentioned such as mcginlay, crunchie, leighton ect..these players careers at hibs have been well documented so inclusion in this thread seems a bit pointless.

oh, greig miller...i liked his haircutSo that's how you took it, others took it differently and posted accordingly.

I enjoyed watching John O'Neil, so I posted that (because that was the question asked). When was the last time he was mentioned apart from this thread.

truehibernian
25-09-2013, 07:22 PM

Totally agree - wonderful footballer.

Hibstrooper
25-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Tony Rougier was an entertainer

fat freddy
25-09-2013, 08:20 PM
So that's how you took it, others took it differently and posted accordingly.

I enjoyed watching John O'Neil, so I posted that (because that was the question asked). When was the last time he was mentioned apart from this thread.

i was talking about him at work yesterday.

Hibernian Retro
25-09-2013, 08:28 PM
You might find some of images of said mentioned players over on the Hibernian Retro page. www.facebook.com/hibernianretro

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Tam

lyonhibs
25-09-2013, 08:37 PM
If we're talking fairly obscure, I always enjoyed watching Zambernardi.

We always refer to the hopeful 70 yard diagonal punt from the left hand side that looks great but produces nothing as the "Zambernardi".

Although I reckon it can't be long until it's renamed the "Hanlon".

Zambernardi was quality. I mean, pish obviously, but that hair, those crossfield punts to where he thought Tam McManus was, those ludicrous sliding tackles from fully 15 yards away.

Great name though.

500miles
25-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Liam Miller. Few players are capable of a flawless 90 minutes. He was.

Saorsa
25-09-2013, 08:53 PM
[/B]i was talking about him at work yesterday.:aok: :rolleyes:

TheFamous1875
25-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Tam McManus and Steven Dobbie. Never see them mentioned on here really, but I thought Dobbie was great, and saw McManus as what Riordan and O'Connor could end up being as good as! Must've been my age!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chump
25-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Paul Fenwick.

Sauzee made him look good!

Glory Lurker
25-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Tom Smith, as above, deffo. Derek Collins on the other side was also great.

Justin Skinner was always solid.

Not sure why my mind is drawn to three players from that particular era, as there's been plenty more over the years.

madabouthibs
25-09-2013, 09:42 PM
The combination of Caldwell and Murphy.
Caldwell had a fantastic long diagonal ball, and Murphy could pull these balls down to his feet and be looking up for the next pass at the same time! A great example of a "head up" type player.
being a left back myself, I loved Murph's game. :agree:

GavinHarris 10
25-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Tried to make an xi of them
Szamatolski/makalambay
Callum booth
Sol bamba
Rob jones
Francis dicoh
Ivan sproule
Dean shiels
Denes rosa
Liam miller
Colin nish
Steven fletcher

AgentDaleCooper
25-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Daniel Andersson. Top keeper and should have been given a new deal despite the fact we were manager-less at the time.

IMO, it's an utter crying shame that we didn't keep him and doumbe for mowbray's first season. imagine this team:

andersson

whitty doumbe smith murphy

riodan boozy broony thommo glass

o'connor

with a bench including caldwell (who i never rated, and don't get why he keeps getting signed by decent teams. bombscare), glass, sproule, a young fletcher...we'd hopefully have never heard of simon brown, and colin murdock would have been nothing but a memory. i honestly reckon that team could have split the OF.

AgentDaleCooper
25-09-2013, 09:59 PM

did chris killen not have a pretty amazing first touch?

Hibbyradge
25-09-2013, 10:11 PM

Are you my soul mate?

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2013, 10:18 PM
George Stewart, i loved that man when he played for Hibs. He absolutely hated the gimps, and never tired of telling anyone who'd listen. :top marks

weecounty hibby
26-09-2013, 07:26 AM

My hero as a kid. Class act who scored 99 goals in a pretty poor Hibs team.
Graham Mitchell, great sevant to Hibs.
Alan Sneddon the same, cant be too many players who win two league winners medals in the same season.
What about Brian Hamilton, I had many arguments with my mates about him but I liked the way he played.
Isaac Refvik was a greatt wee player and we were shafted by the authorities on that one.
Arthur Duncan - legend.
Steve Cowan for one season was amazing

itslegaltender
26-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Didier Agathe for that brief wonderfull spell.

Andy74
26-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Paul Holsgrove. The best volleyer of a ball in the UK.

jacomo
26-09-2013, 12:16 PM
IMO, it's an utter crying shame that we didn't keep him and doumbe for mowbray's first season. imagine this team:

andersson

whitty doumbe smith murphy

riodan boozy broony thommo glass

o'connor

with a bench including caldwell (who i never rated, and don't get why he keeps getting signed by decent teams. bombscare), glass, sproule, a young fletcher...we'd hopefully have never heard of simon brown, and colin murdock would have been nothing but a memory. i honestly reckon that team could have split the OF.

:agree:

Some good unsung players in there. Andersson and Doumbe were both good (I liked Doumbe a lot, more composure than most centre backs we've 'enjoyed' since) and Glass was tidy on the ball and useful in midfield or left back.

Edit: wasn't Colin Murder a Fat Bobby signing though? He was away before Mowbray?

Miguel
26-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Neil Martin was a criminally under-rated striker, who never got the recognition his abilities deserved.

LeithBoozy
26-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Stewart, Rae and big John McNamee, Three GREAT defenders who took no prisoners. :wink:

KeithTheHibby
26-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Gary Smith, one of McLeish's best signings.

Franck Stanton
26-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Alan Sneddon the same, cant be too many players who win two league winners medals in the same season.
What about Brian Hamilton, I had many arguments with my mates about him but I liked the way he played.
Isaac Refvik was a greatt wee player and we were shafted by the authorities on that one.
Arthur Duncan - legend.

You only included him as a joke now didn't you ? Surely can't be serious. What a waste of a jersey he was. Remember his comments when he was emptied - "Thank god I am out of Easter Road, I would never consider going back there, in fact I would rather lick stamps in my sisters post office than return". Joined the muppets from Saviledome and even they emptied him. He then asked us to take him back- aye okay ya muppet , just stop begging and give me two first class and three second.

Hibbyradge
26-09-2013, 05:57 PM
He's a mate so...Roy Barry.

Frogga
26-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Gary Smith, one of McLeish's best signings.

Totally agree!

Paco Luna was also a decent player but rarely gets mentioned.

1987kev
26-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Laursen
martin macintosh
oneill
kevin harper
luna
libra

truehibernian
26-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Totally agree!

Paco Luna was also a decent player but rarely gets mentioned.

Paco was a good player however his command of English was really poor which I think affected his overall game in Scotland - cracking wee player but at times I genuinely think he didn't know what was going on around him due to language barriers. Saying that you could argue that some of the management team back then hadn't mastered English too :greengrin

Aldo
26-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Craig Brewster

1987kev
26-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Roland edge
dirk Lehman

1987kev
26-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Stephen glass

truehibernian
26-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Craig Brewster

Superb player mate but Dunfy got the best of old Clooney..........good choice though. One of the best link up and hold up strikers I've seen for years at Hibs.

Aldo
26-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Superb player mate but Dunfy got the best of old Clooney..........good choice though. One of the best link up and hold up strikers I've seen for years at Hibs.

Couldn't agree more. Brewster was superb. Was probably the fittest player at the club during his time..., considering he was an auld dude. mind you so was Mixu when we signed him for 75,000 from Wolves the first time round.

LeithBoozy
26-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Stan Vincent, Yogi, Peter Marinello, Graham Mitchell. :wink:

snooky
26-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Like many on here, watching David Murphy kill a ball out of the air was worth the admission alone.
I also liked Ivan & Kenny Miller. They generated excitement.
And for the aulder yins,I'll pull Kenny Davidson out of the hat.
I always thought he was better than he was ever given credit for.

davieh
26-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Steven Thicot, Joe keenan, Rocastle

Itsnoteasy
26-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Beasty Mccluskey. 2 moves ahead of anyone on the field

monktonharp
26-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Totally agree!

Paco Luna was also a decent player but rarely gets mentioned.was leading up to that, as I'D not seen him mentioned. Paco Luna, best header of a ba' (striker) since the great Alan Gordon.

Itsnoteasy
26-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Forgot about Joe Mcbride. I remember the free kick he scored at *********** many moons ago.

Joe McBride
Joe Tortolano
Paul Kane
Neil Orr
Tam MacIntyre

Ryan91
26-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Steven Thicot, Joe keenan, Rocastle

I really rated Rocastle, was absolutely gutted when we didn't bring him back.

Also really rated Sam Morrow, really thought that he and Fletcher would be the new Riordan and O'Connor

Bostonhibby
26-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Gordon Rae. We haven't had one since.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Crunchie.

Very rarely mentioned on this site compared to many former players but watching on as a young lad in the cowshed, I was convinced he was the best player in the world :aok:

He had some good games for Hibs, but, most of the time he was too busy dreaming about playing for Falkirk again. Tin hat on!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Oh aye, Willie Irvine, Cowan and Durie too, they seem to have been forgotten on this site, although someone mentioned Cowan in this thread, well done.

Mango Man
26-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Stevie Crawford had his moments.

weecounty hibby
27-09-2013, 12:03 AM
You only included him as a joke now didn't you ? Surely can't be serious. What a waste of a jersey he was. Remember his comments when he was emptied - "Thank god I am out of Easter Road, I would never consider going back there, in fact I would rather lick stamps in my sisters post office than return". Joined the muppets from Saviledome and even they emptied him. He then asked us to take him back- aye okay ya muppet , just stop begging and give me two first class and three second.
Maybe so but the question was about players you enjoyed watching. Nothing to do with things they said when they left. Remember he is one of only about 60 or so Hibs players to have a cup winners medal so that is what I'd rather remember him for

HoboHarry
27-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Arthur Duncan - legend.
Wee Isaac's wee mate Sven Mathisen was no mug either....

Speedway
27-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Wee Isaac's wee mate Sven Mathisen was no mug either....

I think we're now moving onto a forgotten Hibs players discussion. Boco will get named soon.

My two picks have already been mentioned several times which are Gordon Rae and Gary Smith but I'll throw in the first six months of Kevin McBrides time with us as I thought he was standout and the attention always goes to Stokes, Riordan et al in that side.

bob12345
27-09-2013, 05:16 AM
For a season or two, I thought Nick Colgan was top class.

As mentioned, David Zitelli was brilliant on his day.

Hibrandenburg
27-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Dodd Stewart, solid defender who also got in among the goals. Used to get well excited seeing him trundle forward for corners. Bit like Jones but with his teeth knocked out and all the more scary for it.

Alex Edwards, an absolute wizard with the ball. A guy so far ahead of the game that you could feel his frustration at his fellow players lack of ability to read the game as well as he could and one of very few from that time who could probably keep up with the pace of today's game.

easty
27-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Justin Skinner was a decent player.

LeithBoozy
27-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Ronnie Simpson, Jim Scott, Pat Quinn, Joe McClelland, Tony Higgins and the one and only JOE BAKER. :thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
27-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Ronnie Simpson, Jim Scott, Pat Quinn, Joe McClelland, Tony Higgins and the one and only JOE BAKER. :thumbsup:

I'd say Joe Baker struggles to fit into the category of 'not mentioned enough', especially since he's on the banner at the top of this and every hibs.net page...

TheFamous1875
27-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Stevie Crawford had his moments.

Loved Stevie Crawford as a kid. Got capped whilst at Dunfermline too, I believe!

Spike Mandela
27-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Surprised nobody has mentioned Jimmy Boco, a decent player in a poor Hibs side but always enjoyed watching him.

jacomo
27-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Loved Stevie Crawford as a kid. Got capped whilst at Dunfermline too, I believe!

Typical anti-Hibs bias! Player gets capped only after he leaves us.

Anyhow, Crawford's a decent shout.

Has anyone mentioned Darren Jackson? Always liked the way he strutted about while wearing the green... won't dwell too much on any other aspect of his career. :wink:

TheFamous1875
27-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Typical anti-Hibs bias! Player gets capped only after he leaves us.

Anyhow, Crawford's a decent shout.

Has anyone mentioned Darren Jackson? Always liked the way he strutted about while wearing the green... won't dwell too much on any other aspect of his career. :wink:

He was joint favourite player of mine with Kevin Harper when I was a kid. My first Hibs' heroes! My brother's favourite was Willie Miller.

Andy74
27-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Has Tony Rougier got a mention yet?

One of those rare players that could produce something entertaining from nothing.

Bishop Hibee
27-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Graham Mitchell and Gary Smith are good shouts. Both would walk into the current team at full back or Centre half. Both comfortable on the ball, had a bit of pace and were good in the air.

Willie Irvine mk1 was enjoyable to watch in my teens.

stokesmessiah
27-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Fenwick & Laursen anyone ?

LeithBoozy
27-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I'd say Joe Baker struggles to fit into the category of 'not mentioned enough', especially since he's on the banner at the top of this and every hibs.net page...

Ok good point, lets say he can never be mentioned enough for me. :greengrin

LeithBoozy
27-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Eric Stevenson, Jim McArthur, Barry Lavety. :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
27-09-2013, 08:26 PM
eh hello, joe tortolano, come on people

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2013, 08:33 PM
eh hello, joe tortolano, come on people

the wee man certainly came back a better player after his 'toughening up' stint with broxburn(i think it was broxburn anyway) and some sweet crosses from that left foot of his

has anyone mentiond sloop john B (john blackley) Mr cool

judas
28-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Davie Farrell.

He was single fish

Beefster
28-09-2013, 06:56 PM
He was single fish

How ****ing dare you.

The Gorf
29-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Grant Brebner

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Tommy McIntyre

Hibercelona
29-09-2013, 01:53 PM
David Murphy doesn't seem to get that much of a mention these days. The best LB i've witnessed in a Hibs top by far.

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2013, 01:55 PM
David Murphy doesn't seem to get that much of a mention these days. The best LB i've witnessed in a Hibs top by far.

Nah, his first touch was awful.

TheFamous1875
29-09-2013, 02:08 PM

Who was better; him or Shades?

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2013, 06:21 PM

Indeed, you'd hardly know he ever played for us... :dizzy:

FranckSuzy
30-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Roland edge
dirk Lehman

Good shout :aok: 'The Porn Star' :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
30-09-2013, 03:52 PM

Think there were a few liked watching Dirk but were embarrassed to mention it. ;0)

heretoday
30-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I used to enjoy watching Tony Rougier. He was quite lazy but unpredictable and very skillful at times.

HoboHarry
30-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Who was better; him or Shades?

David Murphy was great for us but as good as Erich Schaedler? Not for me.....

FitbaFolkKen
01-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Pat Mcginlay

jodjam
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Always enjoyed watching Graham Mitchell, who very rarely had a bad game. Another who was fun to watch and signed on the same day as GM, was Dougie Bell. Some great mazy runs, usually always sideways, but was entertaining.

PatHead
01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
I have often met Tam Preston who played over 200 times for Hibs over an 11 year period. Can any of you "aulder" yins tell me how good he was and if he merits a place on this thread? By the way lovely guy, a real gentleman.

lyonhibs
03-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Loved Dirk Lehman. Always used to be pissed off when he was on the bench. Tried his heart out, scored a few goals including an absolute boaby (dazzler) against the Jambos and had a great ability (or perhaps it was just more of a habit) of jumping for a long ball practically before the ball had left the defender's foot and hanging in the air like a sort of "Adult Entertainment" Yoda.

Fife-Hibee
03-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Super Joe Tortolano, knew how to cross a ball