PDA

View Full Version : Hibs class.

hibby rae
24-09-2013, 09:34 PM
The second Stranraer goal was a cracker and it was a nice moment of sportmanship from the many supporters who applauded the guy's goal. Probably wouldn't have happened had we not been 4-1 up already but, nevertheless, there are many other teams that wouldn't have done it at all. Hibs class.

Jonnyboy
24-09-2013, 09:40 PM
The second Stranraer goal was a cracker and it was a nice moment of sportmanship from the many supporters who applauded the guy's goal. Probably wouldn't have happened had we not been 4-1 up already but, nevertheless, there are many other teams that wouldn't have done it at all. Hibs class.

Yip I was one that applauded but did so while muttering under my breath "Nelson, he's done you like a kipper" :greengrin

Billy Whizz
24-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Yip I was one that applauded but did so while muttering under my breath "Nelson, he's done you like a kipper" :greengrin

Jonnyboy, and it wasn't the only time tonight he was done

Brightside
24-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I also applauded but all 3 goals were soft from us. Lucky we scored 5! :aok:

Jonnyboy
24-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Jonnyboy, and it wasn't the only time tonight he was done

Yip we were dead soft through the middle of our defence and wide open at times

SaulGoodman
24-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I thought it was like the good old days under Mowbray.

Great attacking.

Guff defending :wink:

down-the-slope
24-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Sadly missed game and my CTU unused due to other commitments.....I see that Stranraer had 9* shots on target :rolleyes:

were we slack at the back....or did they play well...

Must admit I thought McPake might have been given match time...

(according to BBC stats)

SaulGoodman
24-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Sadly missed game and my CTU unused due to other commitments.....I see that Stranraer had 9* shots on target :rolleyes:

(according to BBC stats)

That's not right, they had 9 shots.

3 on target. (which makes for better reading) :greengrin

Brightside
24-09-2013, 09:51 PM

(according to BBC stats)

2nd half we were wide open in defence. McGivern really had a shocker....but as others have said he does need game time. But I really am sick of us punting out from the keeper...drives me insane.

Shrekko
24-09-2013, 09:54 PM

If it wouldn't have happened had we not been winning I dont think we can really claim it was class can we? We lost to 3rd tier opposition last season and I assure you QOS did not get clapped off the park by the Hibees who made the journey.

Ryan91
24-09-2013, 09:55 PM
2nd half we were wide open in defence. McGivern really had a shocker....but as others have said he does need game time. But I really am sick of us punting out from the keeper...drives me insane.

Couple of times when Williams was looking for a short option and none was forthcoming. Then one time Stevenson comes short and Williams boots it up the park

down-the-slope
24-09-2013, 09:57 PM
That's not right, they had 9 shots.

3 on target. (which makes for better reading) :greengrin

:aok: I'm blaming the 3 glasses of wine since I fell in the door :greengrin

Geo_1875
24-09-2013, 10:02 PM

Taking Maybury off totally unbalanced the defence and both full backs left the central defenders exposed. If Maybury can't play regularly we need someone else who can play right back. Much as I like Stevenson he's not the answer.

SaulGoodman
24-09-2013, 10:03 PM
:aok: I'm blaming the 3 glasses of wine since I fell in the door :greengrin
:thumbsup: