PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Stewart on John Collins?

GlenrothesHibee
23-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Sounds very much like Stewart is referring to JC at the end of his piece about Danny Lennon in the Sun. Interesting incite.

clerriehibs
23-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Another ginger tosser thread?!?!? He's dire tly mentioned in two, and discussed in abother two.

He's a retired never-was-has-been. Ignore him.

Thecat23
23-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Another ginger tosser thread?!?!? He's dire tly mentioned in two, and discussed in abother two.

He's actually a good pundit. Not afraid to say it how it is. Just because he's a yam doesn't mean he doesn't talk sense. I like the guy if I'm honest. He's very clever as well and talks well about the game. He defo was a wasted talent though.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2013, 11:00 AM

Brightside
23-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Thats a fwe people ive heard now say he's CLEVER? WTF? How is he clever. Whats he doing for work now? £50 a show from the BBC? If Stewart ever achieved anything close to John Collins then he could comment.

Shrekko
23-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Another Stewart is an amazing 'articulate' pundit thread because he loves slagging folk off and talks with a middle class accent.

Just like Gary Neville eh?- well except for his lack of insight into the game itself...

The start of his punditry career is just like the start of his football career- people seeing something that isn't there. Thankfully in his own mind he's a still a Man U player though. The guy just oozes bitterness and yeah he's forthright- just like in his playing days when he'd knock a ball out of play and blame someone for not being there to receive the ball.

Normally you reap what you sow, and that's the case with his actual football career. However, the horrendous standard of Scottish football 'pundits' has given him an opportunity he does not deserve IMO.

Hibercelona
23-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I thought this was going to be a six pack debate. :wink:

proud_and_green
23-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I have previously quite liked MS as a pundit on the radio, not sure about intelligent/clever or whatever but i do think he generally gives a good opinion.

That all having been said, i thought his contribution to the debate on the phone in on sat night on BBC scotland was gash. Sounded quite bitter and to be honest the fact that JC was not there to answer to his own side made it an even worse piece - nothing less than i have learned to espect from BBC Radio Scotland. They truly live up to the Naked Video Outer Hebrides Broadcasting Service sketch - well perhaps slightly less professional.!

--------
23-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Sounds very much like Stewart is referring to JC at the end of his piece about Danny Lennon in the Sun. Interesting incite.

I think you mean "insight". "Incite" means "to stir up" - and that's something Stewart's been doing all his nasty, bitter, twisted life.

I agree with Shrekko: "The start of his punditry career is just like the start of his football career - people seeing something that isn't there. Thankfully in his own mind he's a still a Man U player though. The guy just oozes bitterness and yeah he's forthright- just like in his playing days when he'd knock a ball out of play and blame someone for not being there to receive the ball."

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2013, 11:40 AM
The guys an erse, I am stunned at the standard of so called experts on our game, there is no real in depth analysis of games no real debating, no wonder were f,n miles behind the rest of Europe when it comes tae fitba, abysmal,abysmal,abysmal. Bog standard, Radio Scotland isnae any better, give me guys that can explain the game, explain the moves and not just sit and make snidey f,n comments at the expense of other teams/players/managers.Sick tae death of these er5eholes.When the revolution comes ah“ll huv them hingin by their fitbaws.

Seveno
23-09-2013, 11:55 AM
The guys an erse, I am stunned at the standard of so called experts on our game, there is no real in depth analysis of games no real debating, no wonder were f,n miles behind the rest of Europe when it comes tae fitba, abysmal,abysmal,abysmal. Bog standard, Radio Scotland isnae any better, give me guys that can explain the game, explain the moves and not just sit and make snidey f,n comments at the expense of other teams/players/managers.Sick tae death of these er5eholes.When the revolution comes ah“ll huv them hingin by their fitbaws.

Don't worry, it will all be much better in the land of milk and honey to be called Salmondovia.

--------
23-09-2013, 11:56 AM

There's a queue. You'll line up behind the rest of us, mate. :wink:

Ozyhibby
23-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Thats a fwe people ive heard now say he's CLEVER? WTF? How is he clever. Whats he doing for work now? £50 a show from the BBC? If Stewart ever achieved anything close to John Collins then he could comment.

I guess everything is relative. People are comparing him to his peers. Compared to Preston, Robbo, Doddsy and Chic Young he sounds like Stephen Hawking.

--------
23-09-2013, 12:07 PM
I guess everything is relative. People are comparing him to his peers. Compared to Preston, Robbo, Doddsy and Chic Young he sounds like Stephen Hawking.

Compared to that quartet, Paul Gascoigne sounds like Stephen Hawking.

Haymaker
23-09-2013, 12:36 PM
What I want to know is this: why after 6 or so years he/media is still talking about it.

JimBHibees
23-09-2013, 12:45 PM
What I want to know is this: why after 6 or so years he/media is still talking about it.

Completely agree. A more relevant fall out would to me be Paul Le Guen for example something to which Keith Jackson could have no doubt given us chapter and verse. Think I know why.

basehibby
23-09-2013, 12:59 PM

I don't really get the massive bitterness from some towards Stewart on here - an impressive player for us in a bloody good team who just happenned to be a Yam and, unsurprisingly, had a spell with them as well.

I think he comes accross pretty well on the box although, as some have pointed out, many of his co-pundits would make a semi conscious jakey with learning disabilities look like the brain of britain.

Anyway - what's been totally lost in all the frothing and naysaying is - WTF was he saying about Collins anyway?

easty
23-09-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't really get the massive bitterness from some towards Stewart on here - an impressive player for us in a bloody good team who just happenned to be a Yam and, unsurprisingly, had a spell with them as well.

I think he comes accross pretty well on the box although, as some have pointed out, many of his co-pundits would make a semi conscious jakey with learning disabilities look like the brain of britain.

Anyway - what's been totally lost in all the frothing and naysaying is - WTF was he saying about Collins anyway?

Answered in a Jeopardy stylee....Who is Craig Gordon?

Peevemor
23-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't really get the massive bitterness from some towards Stewart on here ...

He is a gingy ...

The Sea-gull
23-09-2013, 01:33 PM

:agree: my thoughts too. I said on a thread at the weekend that I think I must have heard the matter discussed when Stewart has been on the programme about three or four times this calendar year. I can maybe understand it the first time as they were doing a bit of a review of MS's career as he had officially announced he had retired and it was his first show as a pundit but revisiting it so often in such a short space of time? It was also a topic that had never really been fully addressed on the radio or anywhere else other than by Collins himself on the radio shortly after he left Hibs they odd tame newspaper interview by Kevin Thomson.

Each time the matter has come up, Kenny McIntyre has been the presenter. I really hate sounding like a paranoid Celtic fan but has anyone else noticed the snidey tone McIntyre adopts when he discusses Hibs? He is one of the worst of a bad bunch on BBC radio.

For what it is worth, I am one of the people who rates Mikey Stewart as a pundit and have no issues with anything he has said since he has left Hibs. His comments are fair and I don't buy into this he hates us, he is a yam stuff. He will start hating us and will start the snidey comments if he gets any more publicity on here though!

Phil D. Rolls
23-09-2013, 02:09 PM

He was clever enough to invest his money well. Clever enough to get lots of signing on fees. Where did it all go right?

allezsauzee
23-09-2013, 02:14 PM
I think the important piece of information is that it's in the sun....therefore almost certainly complete horse

--------
23-09-2013, 02:21 PM

Mick Stewart in the Sun. Says it all. :rolleyes:

basehibby
23-09-2013, 02:25 PM
He is a gingy ...

Aha - so it's jealousy!

leithsansiro
23-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I went to school with MS and he certainly wasn't any great shakes in the intellect department. I find it slightly amusing when people now say what a insightful and clever pundit he is. Good grief - the likes of Chick Young, "wee Robbo" and Alan Preston must have had a shocker throughout their schooling if MS beats them in an intellectual battle.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Mikey the jambo and John Collins

Level played at..............

career duration at that level...........

transfer fees commanded..............

Attainments at that level.......................

International caps......................

Achievements since..........................

I could go on, compare and contrast.

ancient hibee
23-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Doesn't it say it all about Radio Scotland that other than the pro broadcasters the football types have all failed to hack it in football.It seems that the quickest way to get on the radio is to get the sack.Stewart has opinions which he expresses in a forthright manner(although I haven't heard him have a go at the OF)which is what most of us do.The difference is he gets paid for it.

clerriehibs
23-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Doesn't it say it all about Radio Scotland that other than the pro broadcasters the football types have all failed to hack it in football.It seems that the quickest way to get on the radio is to get the sack.Stewart has opinions which he expresses in a forthright manner(although I haven't heard him have a go at the OF)which is what most of us do.The difference is he gets paid for it.

Craig Paterson is decent. And I don't actually mind Robertson, I'm sure he barely suppresses a long-hidden delight when the yams suffer like they did at the w/e.

snooky
23-09-2013, 06:14 PM
He was clever enough to invest his money well. Clever enough to get lots of signing on fees. Where did it all go right?

He should have spent it wisely on wine, women & song - as advised earlier by Bestie

mjhibby
23-09-2013, 07:04 PM

The standard of analysis of scottish football is frankly embarassing. Bt sports coverage is so much more interesting and in depth and unlike bbc scotland has no bias towards any particular club. Des kellys interview of ledley king was really interesting.I really cant think of one pundit who sees the game the way most fans do and the only show worth listening to is when the guys from the press like gordon waddell get to speak their mind and actually make some very valid points. Ive actually stopped listening to the shows as they are so bad and watch the football highlights on bt sport.As for michael stewart i think he is not the worst but obviously is still bitter at the way it ended at hibs so just ignore anything he says about us.