PDA

View Full Version : Gigs At Easter Road.....

brian6-2
23-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Not Ryan, the musical kind.

Was discussing this with my mate yesterday and cant think of any that have been held at ER apart from Elton John a few years ago.

I know Meadowbank has had a few, Prince, Simple Minds and Radiohead to name a few but can anyone think of any other ones at our humble home?

Steve-O
23-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Not Ryan, the musical kind.

Was discussing this with my mate yesterday and cant think of any that have been held at ER apart from Elton John a few years ago.

I know Meadowbank has had a few, Prince, Simple Minds and Radiohead to name a few but can anyone think of any other ones at our humble home?

Think in that case you mean 'gigs' :wink:

Didn't The Proclaimers play there once?? Maybe I just dreamt that happened!

Greendub
23-09-2013, 09:26 AM
I though the op was talking about the rapper 'giggs' ha

Peevemor
23-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Think in that case you mean 'gigs' :wink:

Didn't The Proclaimers play there once?? Maybe I just dreamt that happened!

Hands off Hibs rally - You'll Never Walk Alone.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-09-2013, 09:54 AM
This was supposed to be on the list when we revamped the stadium but I think with the amount of housing that now surrounds the ground they probably won't happen.

offshorehibby
23-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Did Elton John not play there several years back. The state of the pitch was terible for years after it

Hibbyradge
23-09-2013, 10:06 AM
This was supposed to be on the list when we revamped the stadium but I think with the amount of housing that now surrounds the ground they probably won't happen.

Housing surrounds pretty much every stadium though.

Hampden, Parkhead, Murrayfield and Meadowbank all hold concerts.

If we've moved away from the idea, I'd imagine it's because of fears for the pitch which was ruined by the Elton John gig. :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
23-09-2013, 08:30 PM
There have been more than a few pantomimes and a fair number of circuses.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Did Elton John not play there several years back. The state of the pitch was terible for years after it

We should have got the bloke that re-thatched Elton's head to sort the pitch out.

Jones28
23-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Would love to see more gigs at ER. Would be great during the summer, giving the pitch time to recover at that point.

TheFamous1875
23-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Would love to see more gigs at ER. Would be great during the summer, giving the pitch time to recover at that point.

If it's possible, this'd be a great source of income/exposure (as long as the pitch was actually able to be in good nick for the season that is..).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hibby70
23-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Talk that this lot are playing in the summer

http://www.nme.com/musicvideos/id/665884

mca
23-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Seen The Damage that the U.2. Concert did at the big weegie bowl = That Big Metal monster at Hampden.. great Concert :thumbsup:

But they ****** the pitch and also the undersoil heating... There was a lot of damage. to the pitch..

and the bogs got vandalised !!! strange... why vandalise Toilets at a Music Concert !!! thought us fitba fans were the bad ones.. :wink: