PDA

View Full Version : Horrible strips

Miguel
22-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Was pleased to see, on Sportscene, Partick and Killie wearing their traditional strips, in contrast to the horrendous kits being worn by Dundee United, Motherwell and St Johnstone. The away kits are the worst. Away kits should be restricted to club colours. Shocking.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Newcastle Brown anyone?

Hibrandenburg
22-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Was thinking along the same lines. Yellow and red are two of my least favourite colours but I've always liked the Thistle strip.

TheFamous1875
22-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Away kits should be restricted to club colours. Shocking.

So, do we still have a case for purple/yellow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir David Gray
22-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Was thinking along the same lines. Yellow and red are two of my least favourite colours but I've always liked the Thistle strip.

Maroon's my least favourite colour.

I've never liked the Hearts strip.

:wink:

Pretty Boy
23-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I don't mind a bit experimentation with away strips.

Home tops should be simple and traditional but quite like a different away strip.

Bring back the purple i say. Always good strips.

PerfectlyFranck
23-09-2013, 02:31 AM
The 2011-12 home strip was the worst home strip we've ever had, in my opinion.
Quite fitting, given the team.

AgentDaleCooper
23-09-2013, 03:06 AM

if it had been worn by a decent team, the 'down the slope' aspect to it could have been quite charming IMO...

i know it's off topic, but i really liked the strip that followed - bottle green is a stonking colour, if you ask me. even my jambo mates admitted to liking it, or rather 'respecting' it.

weonlywon6-2
23-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Maroon's my least favourite colour.

I've never liked the Hearts strip.

:wink:

God made the sky blue and the grass green,what on earth did he make maroon

Waxy
23-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I agree the 2012 strip was the worst ever.
Then jump to 2013 and that was my favorite all time strip. Though i did like the 1985 insave strip for some reason.

SkintHibby
23-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree the 2012 strip was the worst ever.
Then jump to 2013 and that was my favorite all time strip. Though i did like the 1985 insave strip for some reason.

Disagree. This seasons effort is really horrible.

Worst, most vile shirt colour is defo maroon.

PeterboroHibee
23-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Was pleased to see, on Sportscene, Partick and Killie wearing their traditional strips, in contrast to the horrendous kits being worn by Dundee United, Motherwell and St Johnstone. The away kits are the worst. Away kits should be restricted to club colours. Shocking.

Dundee Uniteds kits are awful this year, the home top looks so daft with that bit of black only on the front of the kit (and their away/3rd kits look ridiculous). I actually dont mind St Johnstones kits, the away kind of works.

I mostly like our kits, but the away design is a bit ugly (the weird collar).

Keith_M
23-09-2013, 10:41 AM
As most of my childhood was in the 70's, I'm definitely a Purple away strip guy. To me, this is Hibs 'traditional' away colour (40 years is long enough for tradition :wink:).

11001 ....... 11000

clerriehibs
23-09-2013, 10:52 AM
God made the sky blue and the grass green,what on earth did he make maroon

Bloodied turds.

ian cruise
23-09-2013, 11:43 AM

I actually really like the doon the slope kit, but I can see how it'd not to everyone taste. Bottle green was class too. Not sure moving from Puma was the best idea.

weecounty hibby
23-09-2013, 11:47 AM
The two 70s strips above are very very beautiful. Why do we feel the need to change design classics. Those black efforts are horrific in my opinion

neilmartinrocks
23-09-2013, 11:49 AM
The red and black effort from St. Johnstone is a copy of the strip of the team they played in Europe. wont even try to spell their name. the Turkish mob.

Septimus
23-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I am sure that Dundee United played in a white strip with one thick horizontal black stripe when I was a boy. Wonder why they changed.

Boyle89
23-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Was thinking about this when I saw the st Johnstone highlights! It looks aweful and cheap aswell. Doesn't look like a proper strip IMO.

Keith_M
23-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I am sure that Dundee United played in a white strip with one thick horizontal black stripe when I was a boy. Wonder why they changed.

In the mid 60s, they competed in a tournament in North America involving a number of European clubs. Each club took on the name of a US or Canadian city and a suitably 'American' style name and strip. Dundee United were 'Dallas Tornadoes' (I think) and were given tangerine strips to wear for the tournament. The story goes that the then manager's wife was so taken with the colours, she managed to persuade her husband into adopting the colours permanently, I think by about 1969.

Hibs played in the same tournament under the name Toronto City.

PerfectlyFranck
23-09-2013, 07:10 PM
if it had been worn by a decent team, the 'down the slope' aspect to it could have been quite charming IMO...

i know it's off topic, but i really liked the strip that followed - bottle green is a stonking colour, if you ask me. even my jambo mates admitted to liking it, or rather 'respecting' it.

I actually really like the doon the slope kit, but I can see how it'd not to everyone taste. Bottle green was class too. Not sure moving from Puma was the best idea.

The 'down the slope' was a terrible cover for a second-hand Puma strip. Every slogan and quote from the official site is as cringeworthy as the last.
I thought Tottenham's slope was embarrassingly bad, only to be shut up when we unveiled it the season after! Thankfully it has been erased with that season.

I really liked the bottle green strip until this season's. I think this season's is one of the best, it looks fantastic in-person and is a proper emerald green rather than the ever-lightening greens of the 2000s and the bottle green that sneaked onto the strips.

I changed my opinion on the look of the home & away from this season once I seen it in-person. I think they're excellent!

Sudds_1
23-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Bottle green for me............oozed class. :agree:

Billy Whizz
23-09-2013, 07:39 PM

All about opinions of course, didn't like bottle green