PDA

View Full Version : G4s

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Is it just me or do Hibs appear to be swamping ER with these guys at the moment?

After a wee incident, which I wont go in to I had a look around the ground and counted 18 yellow coats in and around the lower FF and that wasnt counting the G4S folk in the concourse under the stand. There also appears to be a new thing where a couple of barriers get erected on the road at two parts of Hawkhill Avenue also manned by G4S at the end of the game.

Why on earth do we need so many security folk for a home game with St Mirren and exactly how much is this costing the club?

gorgie greens
23-09-2013, 06:33 AM
not sure how much Hibs would have to pay for Police costs ,but id imagine they could get 3/4 G4S for the same money maybe even more,but realise you cant replace 10 police officers for 10 G4S event staff.
sure someone on here would know the costs as its the only thing that would make sence to me

happiehibbie
23-09-2013, 07:19 AM
I agree the amount of security is un real I mentioned this several months ago to Russel Smith.

the amount of G4 in the main stand area and coprate is two too a door just in case you want to sneak into get a pie at half time

please note most of the bars at the coprate are cash bars and the rooms are bare

Way over the top with security

JollyGreenGiant
23-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Well, when middle aged men continue to smoke in the FF toilets before the game and at half time, and when challenged by young stewards they look like they are going to start a fight, maybe the extra stewards are required for back up?

Just something I happened to see on Saturday while waiting on smokers vacating either of the 2 cubicles so my 4 year old can go for a pee!

Ritchie
23-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Well, when middle aged men continue to smoke in the FF toilets before the game and at half time, and when challenged by young stewards they look like they are going to start a fight, maybe the extra stewards are required for back up?

Just something I happened to see on Saturday while waiting on smokers vacating either of the 2 cubicles so my 4 year old can go for a pee!

exactly the same happens in the East.

sad times when you can't sit for 2 hours without a fag.... :rolleyes:

JollyGreenGiant
23-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Aye that's bad enough, but one guy thought it was acceptable to go through the turnstiles and then go to the toilet for a smoke. Why did he not have one before he went in???

allezsauzee
23-09-2013, 08:04 AM
exactly the same happens in the East.

sad times when you can't sit for 2 hours without a fag.... :rolleyes:

can't help but feel these sad cases are trying to relive their youth with a fly fag in the toilets rather than behind the bike sheds

JIm
23-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Smokings a funny one for me, don't like folk doing it but understand why they do. However folk are always going to want a ciggy at the games, why can't more be done to acommodate these guys? Open one we door out the back of the concourse or something? Surely its basisc stuff?

fatbloke
23-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Saturday was an "experimental" no police day. at end of match saw some idiots move barriers themselves in defiance of G4S staff and proceed to drive through middle of fans leaving ER. Cue quite a few near mises and much putting on of the brakes. G4S do not have powers to stop them and are told not to. Basically we are relying on the common sens of drivers at these times - sadly it appears some foul mouthed clowns do not possess this. As for smoking goes on in all cubicles, you are relying on peoples basic decency and their respect for other fans - sadly not in evidence.

Stewards on the whole do not a bad job, have always found them courteous and pleasant but their is an element in our support as there are at all clubs who believe the law or rules do not apply to them.

The club may well be going down the no police route for certain matches however this may prove difficult if the selfish and dangerous behaviour shown at times continues.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2013, 09:01 AM
I agree the amount of security is un real I mentioned this several months ago to Russel Smith.

the amount of G4 in the main stand area and coprate is two too a door just in case you want to sneak into get a pie at half time

please note most of the bars at the coprate are cash bars and the rooms are bare

Way over the top with security

What was his response? As you may already know Garry Ohagan has responsibility for security amongst other things. I wonder if its part of our compliance to hold certain categories of matches (International). Perhaps there was some security "dry-run" ahead of a Cat A game to keep people on toes?

happiehibbie
23-09-2013, 10:02 AM
What was his response? As you may already know Garry Ohagan has responsibility for security amongst other things. I wonder if its part of our compliance to hold certain categories of matches (International). Perhaps there was some security "dry-run" ahead of a Cat A game to keep people on toes?

TBH i can not remember

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Smokings a funny one for me, don't like folk doing it but understand why they do. However folk are always going to want a ciggy at the games, why can't more be done to acommodate these guys? Open one we door out the back of the concourse or something? Surely its basisc stuff?

Wasnt really trying to open a smoking debate, but I was interested to see a few weeks back that there is a side door out to the side of the FF to the gap between the FF and East .... there is no access to the stadium from outside of there because of the fences. So as far as I can see the FF and East both have areas outside the stand where smokers could be allowed to go to for a fag at half time. Just like the posh folk are out the back of the West.

The fact that the club steadfastly refuses to do anything to address this issue is extremely annoying to me and I'm sure a lot of other people who smoke. I dont agree with smoking in the bogs, but I have given a hell of a lot to Hibs over the years and cant understand why they wont be of assistance in this ...... It would also put an end to smoking in the bogs at a stroke which would be welcomed by every supporter.

I mean ... yeh I can go a couple of hours without a fag, but why should I have to when a simple solution is available?

As I have said before .... It is not the job or place of Hibernian FC or any other football club to dictate to its customers how the live their lives, so if this refusal to give smokers a break is down to some sort of anti smoking agenda by those who run the club, then its time for them to concentrate on football and leave that stuff to the NHS and Scottish Government. By all means stick a big Smoking is bad for you banner on the roof of the main stand ...... but dont make a bloody example of your customers.

I guarantee you one thing ( repeating myself here ) If tobacco advertising was legal and Imperial Tobacco offered Hibs a wedge of cash to stick 'smoke fags' on the front of the strip they would bite their bloody hands off.

I notice that there is no problem with serving alcohol within the ground in front of kids, or for that matter selling crappy fast food at inflated prices to kids either. It appears to me that as long as there is a few bob to be made Hibs seem to put promoting healthy lifestyles on the back burner.

Hibsdeb
23-09-2013, 06:54 PM
spot on bovril hibs could easily open doors in east and famous five be an end to problem instantly.smokers shouldnt have to hide in the toilets .and yes we can go a couple of hours without a fag but why should we.thats like stopping fat folk buying pies cos they dont need them.

mca
23-09-2013, 07:38 PM
spot on bovril hibs could easily open doors in east and famous five be an end to problem instantly.smokers shouldnt have to hide in the toilets .and yes we can go a couple of hours without a fag but why should we.thats like stopping fat folk buying pies cos they dont need them.

The Day they Opened the New East stand and They sectioned a bit off Outside for Smokers... So Why Not Anymore... :confused:

JollyGreenGiant
23-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Wasnt really trying to open a smoking debate, but I was interested to see a few weeks back that there is a side door out to the side of the FF to the gap between the FF and East .... there is no access to the stadium from outside of there because of the fences. So as far as I can see the FF and East both have areas outside the stand where smokers could be allowed to go to for a fag at half time. Just like the posh folk are out the back of the West.

The fact that the club steadfastly refuses to do anything to address this issue is extremely annoying to me and I'm sure a lot of other people who smoke. I dont agree with smoking in the bogs, but I have given a hell of a lot to Hibs over the years and cant understand why they wont be of assistance in this ...... It would also put an end to smoking in the bogs at a stroke which would be welcomed by every supporter.

I mean ... yeh I can go a couple of hours without a fag, but why should I have to when a simple solution is available?

As I have said before .... It is not the job or place of Hibernian FC or any other football club to dictate to its customers how the live their lives, so if this refusal to give smokers a break is down to some sort of anti smoking agenda by those who run the club, then its time for them to concentrate on football and leave that stuff to the NHS and Scottish Government. By all means stick a big Smoking is bad for you banner on the roof of the main stand ...... but dont make a bloody example of your customers.

I guarantee you one thing ( repeating myself here ) If tobacco advertising was legal and Imperial Tobacco offered Hibs a wedge of cash to stick 'smoke fags' on the front of the strip they would bite their bloody hands off.

I notice that there is no problem with serving alcohol within the ground in front of kids, or for that matter selling crappy fast food at inflated prices to kids either. It appears to me that as long as there is a few bob to be made Hibs seem to put promoting healthy lifestyles on the back burner.

Ok, you didn't start a smoking debate, but it needed 4 G4s stewards to deal with the middle aged guy who was caught smoking in the toilets as he was being so aggressive!

I don't generally have a problem with smokers, but I just can't understand why some choose to ignore the rules, they wouldn't try this in a pub? And why do it before the game starts??

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Ok, you didn't start a smoking debate, but it needed 4 G4s stewards to deal with the middle aged guy who was caught smoking in the toilets as he was being so aggressive!

I don't generally have a problem with smokers, but I just can't understand why some choose to ignore the rules, they wouldn't try this in a pub? And why do it before the game starts??

I suppose coz you can get out of the pub for a fag.

Listen ... I'm not putting a case for smoking in the bogs .. thats an unwinable argument. By the way I was witness to the incident you are alluding to ... the steward was making a big case of the fact that he had seen the guy smoking because he had a reflective ring on which he had shoved under the door to have a look. I wonder if the do that in the womens bogs? I think the boy involved was more miffed at that then being caught ( allegedly ) smoking. Doesnt excuse it if he was smoking .. but hey ho.

Let us oot ... thats all we want.

Hibsdeb
23-09-2013, 08:31 PM

hi jollygreengiant that was me you are referring to i was the middle aged man and yes i was cheesed off i was in toilet when a wee jobsworth started banging cubicle door and said stop smoking.i said i wasnt smoking he kept banging so i finished what i was doing and came out .he said you were smoking in there i said i wasnt. he said i saw you smoking in my ring.i said what are you doing shoving your ring under a door?he said can u leave.by this time he was right in my face so i was pretty annoyed but left the toilet and wandered along concourse.i turned round to look for my mate and the little beggar was right behind me.i kept walking and turned round and there he was again.
i asked him what he wanted he said i want you to leave.i said i have left the toilet .he said leave the stadium and once again got in my face space.i got another steward and asked her would she bang on toilet doors and stick a ring or a mirror under to see what people were doing she said obviously not.i said get a supervisor so off my little jobsworth friend went so i sodded off back to my seat.that little man was looking to kick people out.
by the way he was a weegie who probably wears a baseball cap the wrong way round with his shell suit on days off.
i am sorry if you thought i was aggressive but if you or your boy had a peeping tom stick a ring under your door you might have been slightly peeved to.
two sides to every story thats all.
by the way only 2 stewards were involved with me so maybe mr jobsworth was back sticking his ring under someone elses door

hibee
23-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I've noticed more of them this season too. I sit next to the executive seats in the FF upper and generally arrive quite early but every game now when I go to walk to my seat they've demanded to see my tickets almost accusing me of trying to sit there. It's becoming a bit of a joke with everyone sitting around me now as they do it to us all, none of us are feeling very welcome now in the seats we've had for many years!

JollyGreenGiant
23-09-2013, 08:57 PM
hi jollygreengiant that was me you are referring to i was the middle aged man and yes i was cheesed off i was in toilet when a wee jobsworth started banging cubicle door and said stop smoking.i said i wasnt smoking he kept banging so i finished what i was doing and came out .he said you were smoking in there i said i wasnt. he said i saw you smoking in my ring.i said what are you doing shoving your ring under a door?he said can u leave.by this time he was right in my face so i was pretty annoyed but left the toilet and wandered along concourse.i turned round to look for my mate and the little beggar was right behind me.i kept walking and turned round and there he was again.
i asked him what he wanted he said i want you to leave.i said i have left the toilet .he said leave the stadium and once again got in my face space.i got another steward and asked her would she bang on toilet doors and stick a ring or a mirror under to see what people were doing she said obviously not.i said get a supervisor so off my little jobsworth friend went so i sodded off back to my seat.that little man was looking to kick people out.
by the way he was a weegie who probably wears a baseball cap the wrong way round with his shell suit on days off.
i am sorry if you thought i was aggressive but if you or your boy had a peeping tom stick a ring under your door you might have been slightly peeved to.
by the way only 2 stewards were involved with me so maybe mr jobsworth was back sticking his ring under someone elses door

Fairplay you coming on and admitting it was you, but this was only one out of 3 instances of when this happened on Sat. So, nothing personal, I just want to be able to take my kids to the toilet cubicles without waiting on smokers finishing their fags.

Jonnyboy
23-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I've noticed more of them this season too. I sit next to the executive seats in the FF upper and generally arrive quite early but every game now when I go to walk to my seat they've demanded to see my tickets almost accusing me of trying to sit there. It's becoming a bit of a joke with everyone sitting around me now as they do it to us all, none of us are feeling very welcome now in the seats we've had for many years!

Just say "I know where my seat is thanks" and walk right past them.

Hibsdeb
23-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Probably a stupid question, sorry, but what did the guy mean that he'd see you in his ring? Did he mean a ring on his finger, or is this some bit of steward gear I don't know about?

aye thats what he said he waved his finger at me and said i seen you on my ring!i wonder if it records?

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-09-2013, 09:19 PM
by the way only 2 stewards were involved with me so maybe mr jobsworth was back sticking his ring under someone elses door"I saw you smoking in my ring" :faf: Superb!

goosefat
23-09-2013, 09:21 PM

I'm in the FF upper and I was watching a security lassie politely asking people if she could see their ticket as they walked in. Just about everyone gave her a puzzled/grumpy look, pointed at a random seat in the distance and then tried to walk off. Credit it to her, she simply stopped them and asked again to see their ticket. Some of the guys she asked were basically trying to intimidate her by pretending not to hear her, getting in her face and huffing and puffing when trying to find their ticket. It was embarrassing.

Why is it so difficult to just pull the ticket out of your pocket and why do people feel the need to start a debate with security when asked a very simple question?

Maybe if people actually sat where they should and not try to sneak into the executive seats then they wouldn't have to do it.

Some people are just ars**oles with inferiority complexes who want to challenge any kind of authority at every and any turn for no reason whatsoever.

You know who you are...pricks.

goosefat
23-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Sounds like paranoia to me.

I also sit in the FF upper executive seats and get asked most weeks to show my ticket. It's never felt accusatory or demanding in any way from whoever has asked me. I just show them my ticket and go to my seat. The whole process takes all of 10 seconds and is stress free unless, I guess, you don't want it to be.

Some people are never happy unless they're moaning...

fatbloke
23-09-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm in the FF upper and I was watching a security lassie politely asking people if she could see their ticket as they walked in. Just about everyone gave her a puzzled/grumpy look, pointed at a random seat in the distance and then tried to walk off. Credit it to her, she simply stopped them and asked again to see their ticket. Some of the guys she asked were basically trying to intimidate her by pretending not to hear her, getting in her face and huffing and puffing when trying to find their ticket. It was embarrassing.

Why is it so difficult to just pull the ticket out of your pocket and why do people feel the need to start a debate with security when asked a very simple question?

Maybe if people actually sat where they should and not try to sneak into the executive seats then they wouldn't have to do it.

Some people are just ars**oles with inferiority complexes who want to challenge any kind of authority at every and any turn for no reason whatsoever.

Many So called Hibs fans buying concession tickets they are not entitled to:rolleyes: FACT

NAE NOOKIE
26-09-2013, 08:35 PM

Who gave you the authority to say that :grr:

OsloHibs
26-09-2013, 08:49 PM

I've always found the stewards upstairs in the FF are really nice and helpful.

davieh
26-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Was going to post a thread on this...I went to the Stranraer game with my son, whos just started uni. The lassie at the patg turnstile in the west refused to give him a student ticket at a fiver, as he didn't have his matriculation card with him. The supervisor was no help whatsoever. So we went home. I can understand this if it's consistent ...but in 20 years of going to ER, I have NEVER been asked before for proof of age, etc. So, pretty p'ssed off with hibs customer care; (email sent No reply as yet from G Ohagen)

jgl07
26-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Was going to post a thread on this...I went to the Stranraer game with my son, whos just started uni. The lassie at the patg turnstile in the west refused to give him a student ticket at a fiver, as he didn't have his matriculation card with him. The supervisor was no help whatsoever. So we went home. I can understand this if it's consistent ...but in 20 years of going to ER, I have NEVER been asked before for proof of age, etc. So, pretty p'ssed off with hibs customer care; (email sent No reply as yet from G Ohagen)

Why should anyone be allowed in at student rates without a matriculation card?

What did you expect the supervisor to do? Yes he definately looks like a student so let him in?

As for complaining about not being challenged in 20 years. If you had travelled on a train without a ticket for 20 years and never been picked up on this, is it reasonable to complain if you were eventually caught?

The more i read this thread the more I am amazed about the moaning whining types that Hibs seem to have amongst their support.

I would take Hibs to the United Nations or the European Court of Human Rights if I was you.

HibeeMG
26-09-2013, 10:43 PM

Seriously?

You're complaining because your son wasn't allowed to buy a discounted ticket without proof? Good, I'm glad they've started doing that.

If he wanted to buy beer or fags, would you be annoyed if he got refused because he couldn't prove his age? Regardless of whether they did or didn't do it before, they're just doing their jobs.

davieh
26-09-2013, 10:52 PM
As I said, I can understand - yes agree -with asking for proof.

But if you don't do it for year after year, it pretty crass to start imposing it, which is how it seemed to me. As my son IS student and could give all kinds of corroboration, it seemed pretty poor to me.

easty
27-09-2013, 06:38 AM

But if you don't do it for year after year, it pretty crass to start imposing it, which is how it seemed to me. As my son IS student and could give all kinds of corroboration, it seemed pretty poor to me.

What kind of corroboration could he give? A flyer from Potterrow, a Snapfax?

stoneyburn hibs
27-09-2013, 06:50 AM

The staff at ER were only doing their job, dunno what you expect without any ID.

danhibees1875
27-09-2013, 06:54 AM
What kind of corroboration could he give? A flyer from Potterrow, a Snapfax?

:greengrin

KingFranck
27-09-2013, 11:36 AM

You're annoyed cos they asked for proof ? So you'd be happy if Hibs didn't ask for proof and we all turn up and ask for student tickets with no proof, which would end up in Hibs losing so much money at the turnstile by people pretending to be at uni :confused:

DaveF
27-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Sounds like paranoia to me.

I also sit in the FF upper executive seats and get asked most weeks to show my ticket. It's never felt accusatory or demanding in any way from whoever has asked me. I just show them my ticket and go to my seat. The whole process takes all of 10 seconds and is stress free unless, I guess, you don't want it to be.

Some people are never happy unless they're moaning...

Is this a FF thing? I've never been asked to show my (season) ticket in the WU.