PDA

View Full Version : Young boy hit in the head by the ball pre match

fife hfc
22-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I was sitting in the lower FF as the players were taking shots when Collins hit one wide and it struck a young fan in the head. The boy (about 6 or 7) fell and hit his face on the step. I hope the young boy is fine and it does not put him off coming to easter Road but I must say Collins was magnificent as he climbed into the stand three times to ensure the young lad was okay and looked upset at what had happened. A lot is said about football players but he and Sean Murdoch showed that they should not be painted with the same brush. This is the type of characters what we want at the club (not up their own *****) and ones that I'm sure will bring us success

B.H.F.C
22-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I was sitting in the lower FF as the players were taking shots when Collins hit one wide and it struck a young fan in the head. The boy (about 6 or 7) fell and hit his face on the step. I hope the young boy is fine and it does not put him off coming to easter Road but I must say Collins was magnificent as he climbed into the stand three times to ensure the young lad was okay and looked upset at what had happened. A lot is said about football players but he and Sean Murdoch showed that they should not be painted with the same brush. This is the type of characters what we want at the club (not up their own *****) and ones that I'm sure will bring us success

They had the boy in the changing room after the game, gave home a signed top and ball.

steakbake
22-09-2013, 03:23 PM
They had the boy in the changing room after the game, gave home a signed top and ball.

Straight on eBay and that'll keep the young fella in blue wicked till at least Christmas!

Pretty Boy
22-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Good stuff from Hibs.

Mr White
22-09-2013, 03:54 PM

:thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
22-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Did that campaign to put nets up behind the goal ever take off? This can't go on.

steakbake
22-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Did that campaign to put nets up behind the goal ever take off? This can't go on.

that'd be a sad day. next we'll be giving out thermometers in the pie stands to make sure our delicate wee faces aren't burned by hot pies/coffees etc!

IWasThere2016
22-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Happened to me too at Malmo home - Vine the culprit! Petrie :grr:

Good on Hibs for sorting the wee lad oot :thumbsup:

Hibby D
22-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Good on Hibs for sorting the wee lad oot :thumbsup:

That was deliberate :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Sparky did much the same to me at Ross County last season. Just sat down and hadn't touched either pie nor Bovril before they were all over me thanks to his wayward shot.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Should have added that Collins was talking about it in the papers for anyone wondering where this came from

Mibbes Aye
22-09-2013, 04:29 PM

I asked Vine to do it.

He said there would have to be some cash involved.

I suggested £50 but he insisted on giving me a ton :agree:

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
22-09-2013, 04:31 PM

Cannae have been - ma heid is smaller than the goal (just) :wink:

wheniwas5
22-09-2013, 04:34 PM
i was at the sunderland v arsenal game last week and they have nets behind the goals that they just remove before kick off. maybe an idea

cheltenhamhibee
22-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Is that the first time he hit the target so far this season ? :wink:

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 04:46 PM
i was at the sunderland v arsenal game last week and they have nets behind the goals that they just remove before kick off. maybe an idea

Sounds a pretty decent idea. I remember a couple of years ago, Rankin absolutely blasted the ball over and it hit an old guy on the back of the head. Him, Riordan and I think Mark Brown and a coaching staff member (think it was Gareth Evans) ran up to check on him as well as the ambulance crew. They should definitely give this netting thing during the warm up a think.

Anyways, glad to see the wee boy got to meet the team in the changing rooms and get a signed ball. Nice touch by the club.

frazeHFC
22-09-2013, 04:59 PM
It was my little brother got hit (10 not 6 or 7 btw :greengrin).

Arrived late and saw blood on the step as I walked up, was a bit of a shock to find out it was my brothers! He arrived back to his seat around the 30th minute, bit shaken up and a nasty cut but the paramedics/Hibs doctor did a good job glueing him back together!

The players/staff after the game were great too, James Collins and Tam McCourt in particular very friendly showing him around the main stand. He got a signed ball, goalie gloves, training top and Collins home shirt so is pleased with that at least!

He's been a season ticket holder as long as he can remember so don't think anything will be putting him off going! :thumbsup:

wheniwas5
22-09-2013, 05:10 PM
glad to hear hes ok frazeHFC and glad he got looked after

JHFC
22-09-2013, 05:40 PM
do they not have nets at parkead? sure i remember some there before a game.

LancashireHibby
22-09-2013, 05:41 PM
that'd be a sad day. next we'll be giving out thermometers in the pie stands to make sure our delicate wee faces aren't burned by hot pies/coffees etc!

Quite common at other grounds and they're taken down before kick off. Makes sense.

Ritchie
22-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Arrived late and saw blood on the step as I walked up, was a bit of a shock to find out it was my brothers! He arrived back to his seat around the 30th minute, bit shaken up and a nasty cut but the paramedics/Hibs doctor did a good job glueing him back together!

The players/staff after the game were great too, James Collins and Tam McCourt in particular very friendly showing him around the main stand. He got a signed ball, goalie gloves, training top and Collins home shirt so is pleased with that at least!

He's been a season ticket holder as long as he can remember so don't think anything will be putting him off going! :thumbsup:

hibs class!!:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2013, 05:48 PM
No bloody fair .... I got hit on the head by David Zitelli during the warm up and never got anything from the club.

Sudds_1
22-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Sounds a pretty decent idea. I remember a couple of years ago, Rankin absolutely blasted the ball over and it hit an old guy on the back of the head. Him, Riordan and I think Mark Brown and a coaching staff member (think it was Gareth Evans) ran up to check on him as well as the ambulance crew. They should definitely give this netting thing during the warm up a think.

Anyways, glad to see the wee boy got to meet the team in the changing rooms and get a signed ball. Nice touch by the club.

nah.....more shooting practice so they hit the back of the net they're supposed to!!! :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Hope the boys ok good to see the players behave in a caring way.

On a lighter note there was a guy who headed back a stray shot when we had a preseason game with Raith Rovers (the abandoned monsoon game) and got a round of applause iirc ;)

MSK
22-09-2013, 06:12 PM

Good on Hibs for sorting the wee lad oot :thumbsup:Those 3D telly's are ****ing amazing eh !! :greengrin

Mr White
22-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Hope the boys ok good to see the players behave in a caring way.

On a lighter note there was a guy who headed back a stray shot when we had a preseason game with Raith Rovers (the abandoned monsoon game) and got a round of applause iirc ;)

:tee hee: I remember a guy running down a few steps to head a ball back from the old east in the early 90s, then heading back to his mates celebrating like he'd scored a goal.

Boyle89
22-09-2013, 06:18 PM
I mind at east end a few seasons back an old guy got hit square in the face by, I think it was GOC, and his glasses marked his face up pretty badly. Didn't see him return to his seat and this was before KO.

Jay
22-09-2013, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=TQM;3753862]Happened to me too at Malmo home - Vine the culprit! Petrie :grr:

Good on Hibs for sorting the wee lad oot :thumbsup:[/

Chances like that are few and far between TQM. Goodness only knows when they'd see you again :na na:

Keith_M
22-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Kids are wimps nowadays. I spent my childhood with bricks and bottles bouncing off my head at football games and it never did ME any harm.

Sorry, what were we talking about again..................?

Northernhibee
22-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Kids are wimps nowadays. I spent my childhood with bricks and bottles bouncing off my head at football games and it never did ME any harm.

Sorry, what were we talking about again..................?

I was once hit in the head by a Kujabi free kick.

Odd, as I was still in Greggs at the time.

Hibrandenburg
22-09-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm always worried in case I get hit and it sets off one of the smoke bombs in my pocket.

Seriously, good show from Hibs and hope the boy is ok.

dp00
22-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Sparky must ave hit someone in wolves crowd too... noticed on twitter he had gave a top away

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

frazeHFC
22-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Was more his head smashing off the step that did the damage. Still, we all wish we were as hard as you!

EDIT: Just noticed that was tongue-in-cheek, i'm a bit slow..

mca
22-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Was more his head smashing off the step that did the damage. Still, we all wish we were as hard as you!

He Looked like he had quite a Gash.. - Hope Not - but permanent scar kinda stuff..

Nice Touch of class from Hibs .. but i hope the wee laddie does not end up with a permanent Facial reminder of the steps at easter road !!!..

WellingtonHibby
22-09-2013, 08:16 PM
did that campaign to put nets up behind the goal ever take off? This can't go on.

won't somebody please think of the children!!!

jonty
22-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Cannae have been - ma heid is smaller than the goal (just) :wink:

Aye but he was aiming for your mouth... :greengrin

Spike Mandela
23-09-2013, 08:00 AM
do they not have nets at parkead? sure i remember some there before a game.

Colins may have started a precedent here. Every wayward shot and someone will be going down like a ton of bricks shouting "I want the tour...............and an away top":cb

SaulGoodman
23-09-2013, 08:04 AM
I was once hit in the head by a Kujabi free kick.

Odd, as I was still in Greggs at the time.

So did I, and I was the Linesman!

Jack Hackett
23-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Colins may have started a precedent here. Every wayward shot and someone will be going down like a ton of bricks shouting "I want the tour...............and an away top":cb

That's what Petrie will be thinking... I can see the net being ordered this morning.

I bet he took the kid into a corner and made him sign a disclaimer as well :greengrin

Glad he's ok fraze :aok:

Keith_M
23-09-2013, 10:24 AM
EDIT: Just noticed that was tongue-in-cheek, i'm a bit slow..

No problem, I've done the same myself :wink:

Seriously though Fraze, send him all the best from the Munich Hibees (the whole three of us). He's now famous all around the world

:thumbsup:

Pat 0-7
23-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Glad he's ok.

I was at the St. Mirren v Newcastle pre-season game (Newcastle being my youngest boys English team) and one of the Toon midfielders (Anita I think) blasted the ball into the stand just above the dug out and it hit a wee boy in the face. Alan Pardew and a couple of the backroom staff were up there right away to check on him, and the player came up and took off his shirt and gave him it......so fair do's to them....

:aok:

IWasThere2016
23-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Those 3D telly's are ****ing amazing eh !! :greengrin

I dinnae hae one :boo hoo:

[QUOTE=TQM;3753862]Happened to me too at Malmo home - Vine the culprit! Petrie :grr:

Good on Hibs for sorting the wee lad oot :thumbsup:[/

Chances like that are few and far between TQM. Goodness only knows when they'd see you again :na na:

Missed me twice since :greengrin

Aye but he was aiming for your mouth... :greengrin

:cb

southsider
23-09-2013, 02:34 PM
No bloody fair .... I got hit on the head by David Zitelli during the warm up and never got anything from the club.

Well i have had my heart broken by Hibs teams many, many times. !

Dr Jimmy
23-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Sparky must ave hit someone in wolves crowd too... noticed on twitter he had gave a top away

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It shows Sparky in a good light therefore the Scottish media won't be ineterested, but here's the link.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/09/23/wolves-leigh-griffiths-makes-amends-as-shot-strikes-pensioner/

Dublin07
23-09-2013, 07:52 PM

Glad to hear your wee brother was ok Fraz. I was only about 5 feet away standing at the front with my own wee boy. The shot flew past us and my son put his hands out to try and stop it but couldnt reach. Your brother took a real sore one and the cut looked bad at the time. My son spent most of the game asking if the boy that got hurt would be ok. I was really surprised to hear he made it back to his seat as he looked really dazed afterwards. Felt it for the lady that was with him as she looked in real shock until the paramedics arrived as she was trying to stem the blood flow with her scarf. The players and Tam McCourt were on the scene immediately and glad to hear he got some treats afterwards and a victory to ease the pain.

spike220
23-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Good on Hibs for sorting the wee lad oot :thumbsup: Couldn't have been much in the changing rooms after that game!

frazeHFC
23-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Glad to hear your wee brother was ok Fraz. I was only about 5 feet away standing at the front with my own wee boy. The shot flew past us and my son put his hands out to try and stop it but couldnt reach. Your brother took a real sore one and the cut looked bad at the time. My son spent most of the game asking if the boy that got hurt would be ok. I was really surprised to hear he made it back to his seat as he looked really dazed afterwards. Felt it for the lady that was with him as she looked in real shock until the paramedics arrived as she was trying to stem the blood flow with her scarf. The players and Tam McCourt were on the scene immediately and glad to hear he got some treats afterwards and a victory to ease the pain.

:aok: Was most likely my mum, first game she's been at in a while (such an awful Hibs fan if you're reading :greengrin) but probably good she was there when it happened!

Hibby70
23-09-2013, 10:20 PM
He Looked like he had quite a Gash.. - Hope Not - but permanent scar kinda stuff..

Nice Touch of class from Hibs .. but i hope the wee laddie does not end up with a permanent Facial reminder of the steps at easter road !!!..

Seemingly the Hibs Fighting Fund have offered to paint over the blood on the step. Good on them although I heard a nasty rumour that they've also stolen one of those plastic dogs with the slot in the head for the blind.

bigstu
23-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Think ive seen a kid or 2 hit almost every game this season, the shots are lethal, nets would make a lot of sense, only a matter of time before someone gets properly hurt. I know it's just a ball but some people are walking up the stairs when it happens & don't always notice a sh@@ shot coming their way.

Craig_in_Prague
24-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Nets are up here at most stadiums permanently. Though I'm not sure its just to protect the fans, but also the opposition goalies from getting lager chucked at them :-)