PDA

View Full Version : Well done Hibs

Alfred E Newman
22-09-2013, 02:52 PM
I was speaking to Peebles oldest and probably most fanatical Hibs supporter this morning . Violet has just celebrated her 90th birthday and as a surprise her family treated her to a day out at ER yesterday. She was full of praise for the way she was treated by the club and was thrilled with her day which included a tour of the ground and the dressing rooms followed by lunch . Pat Fenlon took time out to speak to her and pose for photographs as did young Jordan Forster.
In her younger days Violet was a regular attender at Easter Road and used to organise buses to games in the 50 s and 60 s . She is a wonderful old lady and a real character and though it is many years since she graced the terracing she has never lost her love for the club and according to her yesterday is a day she will never forget.
Well done to all at the club who helped make her day so special.

Hedlund12
22-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Great to read posts like this - nice to hear club (and personnel) taking credit where credit is due... Happy Birthday to the lady concerned...:top marks

FranckSuzy
22-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Well done Hibs :aok: I'm glad that Violet enjoyed her day out and that Hibs put on a great performance for her as well :agree:

Jones28
22-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Delighted for Violet and her family :aok:

O'Rourke3
22-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Can she come every week? :cb

Jonnyboy
22-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I was speaking to Peebles oldest and probably most fanatical Hibs supporter this morning . Violet has just celebrated her 90th birthday and as a surprise her family treated her to a day out at ER yesterday. She was full of praise for the way she was treated by the club and was thrilled with her day which included a tour of the ground and the dressing rooms followed by lunch . Pat Fenlon took time out to speak to her and pose for photographs as did young Jordan Forster.
In her younger days Violet was a regular attender at Easter Road and used to organise buses to games in the 50 s and 60 s . She is a wonderful old lady and a real character and though it is many years since she graced the terracing she has never lost her love for the club and according to her yesterday is a day she will never forget.
Well done to all at the club who helped make her day so special.

I'd rather read the odd post like this one that some of the nonsense you find on here :greengrin

Glad you had a good day Violet and I'm jealous of the fact that you've seen players in green and white who actually deserve to be considered legends :thumbsup: