PDA

View Full Version : Starting XI vs Stranraer (Tue Night)

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Would like to see some of the younger/fringe players get a chance. Also a full 90 mins for McPake, McGivern and Zoubir would be great and also keep Collins in the team as the more goals he keeps scoring the more confidence he will get. Enough options on the bench if needed so.

Murdoch

Mullen
Forster
McPake
McGivern

Zoubir
Tudor Jones (if not fit, then Taiwo)
Stanton
Vine

Collins
Caldwell

subs: (I'm sure it's only five in the cup competitions)
Williams
Hanlon
Taiwo/Horribine
Craig
Cummings

SteveHFC
22-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Williams

Mullen
Admiral Nelson
Forster
McGivern

Zoubir
Tudor-Jones
Robertson
Craig

Vine
Caldwell

Subs:
Williams
Hanlon
Tommy Tackle
Thomson
Collins

delbert
22-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Would like to see some of the younger/fringe players get a chance. Also a full 90 mins for McPake, McGivern and Zoubir would be great and also keep Collins in the team as the more goals he keeps scoring the more confidence he will get. Enough options on the bench if needed so.

Murdoc

Mullen
Forster
McPake
McGivern

Zoubir
Horribine
Stanton
Vine

Collins
Caldwell

subs: (I'm sure it's only five in the cup competitions)
Williams
Hanlon
Taiwo
Craig
Heffernan

Heffernan is cup tied

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Heffernan is cup tied

Oops. Well in that case maybe young Jason Cummings.

Wotherspiniesta
22-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Williams

Mullen Foster Mcpake McGivern

Zoubir OTJ Taiwo Stanton

Collins Caldwell

Subs: Murdoch Stevenson Craig Vine Horribine

007 Mickey Weir
22-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Cup run is important this year! Strong team needed. I would maybe give McPake, Zoubir and McGivern game time but other than that same team as today. Drop Maybury, Nelson and Taiwo for them. Just to rest them. Heff and Collins need to start upfront. The are on good form and playing well together.

007 Mickey Weir
22-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Sorry just seen Heff is cup tied. Well he can drop out for Zoubir!!

givescotlandfreedom
22-09-2013, 12:25 AM
After what happened in last year's league cup no messing around please Pat!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
McPake
McGivern

Zoubir
Taiwo
Robertson
Craig

Collins
Caldwell

shamo9
22-09-2013, 01:25 AM
It's a bit of a difficult one with Heffernan cup tied because Vine and Collins really didn't click at all. It's still early days for Vine though and this could be the opportunity he needs to get his first goal and some confidence. Stanton really deserves a start, he's always looked pretty impressive to me and I think he'll be very hungry for this chance. Zouby, McPake, Forster and McGivern need game time. With the squad we have they'll also know that a bad showing will put them right down the pecking order.

People might draw comparisons with changing it against QOS last year but I think it had more to do with the players rather than change in general - Kujabi, O'Hanlon and Kuqi! Come on now!

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Forster
McGivern

Zoubir
Taiwo
Craig
Stanton

Collins
Vine

Subs - Robertson, Caldwell, Murdoch, Hanlon, Cummings

basehibby
22-09-2013, 02:07 AM
A chance to give some legs a rest and give one or two some much needed game time - wouldn't change things too much though as this is a game we want to make sure is won....

Murdoch

Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern

Zoubir Robertson Thomson Craig

Collins Vine

1two
22-09-2013, 03:01 AM
We see pretty motivated at the moment so I can't see us slipping up here. I'd give mcpake, mcgivern and possibly zoubir a start for some game time but I think pf will go with a strong team.

I really want to win and get drawn v the huns

lEXO
22-09-2013, 03:36 AM
:agree:

Judas Iscariot
22-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Murdoch

Mullen Forster McPake McGivern

Robertson OTJ Thomson

Zoubir

Collins Caldwell

Onceinawhile
22-09-2013, 06:44 AM

Ditto, we aren't far from a semi final/final.

Heffernan out and handling/Caldwell/vine in for me. No other changes.

Don't think pat will go for that, but it's his perogative

weonlywon6-2
22-09-2013, 07:45 AM

I think he will play as close a team to yesterdays to keep the run going

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 07:46 AM
It's a blow that Heff is cup tied. Not just for the Stranraer game, but the Cup Competition

007 Mickey Weir
22-09-2013, 08:15 AM
We see pretty motivated at the moment so I can't see us slipping up here. I'd give mcpake, mcgivern and possibly zoubir a start for some game time but I think pf will go with a strong team.

I really want to win and get drawn v the huns

Big Huns are out but Diet Huns are still in for now!

007 Mickey Weir
22-09-2013, 08:20 AM
People are dropping Stevenson who is in great form but playing Maybury who will need a rest.

Could we play 3 at the back with 2 attacking full backs in front? Maybe Mullen and McGivern?

number9dream
22-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Don't think wee Pat will make too many changes. Maybury, Nelson and Thomson might get a rest, with Heffernan cup tied.
McGivern, McPake, Stanton and Zoubir in. Maybe give some of the younger lads a run for the final half hour if we build a lead.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-09-2013, 09:24 AM
As far as possible, we should play the same team from yesterday. Maybe have an eye on the bench for run outs later on once the game is secured. Don't change a winning team unless you have to.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Not for me, I'd be wary about making too many changes. This is just the type of game where we could slip up and then the brief momentum that we've built in the last couple of games is lost, for both the fans and players. I think Fenlon knows that if he wants to keep the fans on side, he can't lose this game, so I think (hope) we'll see a relatively unchanged team and certainly not a new system.

Heffernan will drop out and Zoubir might get a start, but I wouldn't want to see too many changes.

I agree with this generally.

People have been saying that the team hasn't gelled. The only way for it to gel, is for it to remain settled.

Losing Hefferman is a blow and I think Vine will start alongside Collins.

I wouldn't start with Zoubir.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 09:34 AM
I agree with this generally.

People have been saying that the team hasn't gelled. The only way for it to gel, is for it to remain settled.

Losing Hefferman is a blow and I think Vine will start alongside Collins.

I wouldn't start with Zoubir.

I think there will be 3/4 changes max
McGivern will start at left back, Lewis to right back
Mcpake in for Nelson
Zoubir/Caldwell/Vine if for Heff

I'd also like to see Sammy Stanton get a decent run, he impresses me this boy

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 09:45 AM
I think there will be 3/4 changes max
McGivern will start at left back, Lewis to right back
Mcpake in for Nelson
Zoubir/Caldwell/Vine if for Heff

I'd also like to see Sammy Stanton get a decent run, he impresses me this boy

If McGivern's fit, then I agree, we need to get him "gelled" asap.

I don't know what Fenlon thinks about McPake's future, but Nelson has done well since he arrived.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 09:48 AM
If McGivern's fit, then I agree, we need to get him "gelled" asap.

I don't know what Fenlon thinks about McPake's future, but Nelson has done well since he arrived.

I just think we need to give McPake match time to get him upto speed. Nelson holds that position at the moment, but he's 32, so Pat probably doesn't want him playing 2 games per week, unless we have too.
It's Stranraer we're playing, so I hope we go 433

Diclonius
22-09-2013, 09:58 AM
I'd play a full strength team. Remember Queen of the South?

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Same team for me with Caldwell replacing Heffernan, dinnae think making a lot of changes is a good idea. We have a better squad than last year for sure but I think we need tae try and play a settled team as much as possible. I'd maybe give the subs a bit longer than 10 minutes though tae give them a bit of a run out.

Billychaotic182
22-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Murdoch

Mullen
McPake
Forster
McGivern

Zoubir
OTJ
Stanton
Criag

Caldwell
Collins

Subs
Williams
Hanlon
Robertson
Stevenson
Mulhall (heard he has been scoring a lot in the EOS and under 20s so why not give him a wee try)

offshorehibby
22-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I had the misfortune of being at the QoS game last year. As someone says this team needs more game time together so i'd make very little changes. Maybe play McGivern if fit, i'd like to see Stanton and Zoubir get longer on the park.

StarMan10
22-09-2013, 11:37 AM
I get why people are bringing the Queen of the South fiasco up but i believe we have much more strength in depth this year. If someone could dig up who started that game i'd be very interested to see it? I know the likes of O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Booth and Kuqi all started.
A team of

Murdoch

Stevenson (Mullen if fit) Mcpake Forster Mcgivern

Vine Stanton Taiwo Zoubir

Caldwell Collins

Should be more than capable of seeing off Stranraer

GraniteCityHibs
22-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Going by his interview yesterday he saw last years early exit as very disappointing and I think you might see 3 or 4 changes max.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I get why people are bringing the Queen of the South fiasco up but i believe we have much more strength in depth this year. If someone could dig up who started that game i'd be very interested to see it? I know the likes of O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Booth and Kuqi all started.
A team of

Murdoch

Stevenson (Mullen if fit) Mcpake Forster Mcgivern

Vine Stanton Taiwo Zoubir

Caldwell Collins

Should be more than capable of seeing off Stranraer

Wow.

Only Collins and Taiwo from a 2 game winning team keep their starting places?

Underestimating your opponents doesn't even come close to that.

Stick to your current occupation, young fella, cos you sure as hell arent going to make it as a football manager! :greengrin

FWIW, the team against QOS was Williams, Clancy, O'Hanlon, Hanlon, Kujabi (Wotherspoon); Cairney, Claros, Deegan, Booth (Maybury); Kuqi (Doyle), Griffiths. Subs: Caldwell, Antell.

shetlandhibee
22-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Williams
Maybury Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Tawio Thompson Craig

Zoubir

Collins

Heisenberg
22-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Williams

Stevenson (give Maybury a rest)
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Zoubir

matty_f
22-09-2013, 12:17 PM
We have a bit of momentum at the moment, so if I was picking the team it'd be as close to yesterday's as possible.

scoopyboy
22-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Murdoch

Mullen
McPake
Forster
McGivern

Zoubir
OTJ
Stanton
Criag

Caldwell
Collins

Subs
Williams
Hanlon
Robertson
Stevenson
Mulhall (heard he has been scoring a lot in the EOS and under 20s so why not give him a wee try)

I would rather beat Stranraer.

Wotherspiniesta
22-09-2013, 05:21 PM
I would rather beat Stranraer.

To be fair, that team should beat Stranraer.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2013, 05:34 PM
I think he will make 3 or 4 changes and I think that would be acceptable. I think McPake and McGivern will play. I think Zoubir will play . Beyond that I don't think much will change.

One thing I'd definitely do is keep the two strikers playing. Great chance for them to keep scoring and to get the confidence up, especially for Collins.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I think he will make 3 or 4 changes and I think that would be acceptable. I think McPake and McGivern will play. I think Zoubir will play . Beyond that I don't think much will change.

One thing I'd definitely do is keep the two strikers playing. Great chance for them to keep scoring and to get the confidence up, especially for Collins.
Heff can't play, he's cup tied

Up The Bracket
22-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Nelson
Hanlon

Zoubir
Thomson
Robertson
Stanton

Vine
Caldwell

Murdoch
Mullen
Craig
Taiwo
Collins

scoopyboy
22-09-2013, 07:01 PM
To be fair, that team should beat Stranraer.

It should but if it didn't PF would be crucified.

I'm not against any of the individuals named getting a game but to make 9 changes from a team that has went 5 undefeated is mental.

Apart from anything else the last thing a fringe player wants is to play in a team full of fringe players as it doesn't really help them stake a claim.

With Heff cup tied the same team is out the question but I would like changes limited to two or three and certainly not nine.

Brightside
22-09-2013, 07:18 PM
change Heff for Zouby and prob give Teddy a rest. job done

mutley
22-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Needs to be a strong team for me, we can do without another banana skin like against QoS last year, and while morale is high, a loss to Stranraer would pull a seriously dark cloud over the run of form we are on.

Hope for a good win on Tuesday and a decent cup run

GGTTH

Andy74
22-09-2013, 10:30 PM
We should play McGivern, McPake and Zoubir.

That's a different kettle of fish to playing Kujabi, Booth, Kuqi and O'Hanlon or whatever it was v QoS.

TheFamous1875
22-09-2013, 10:55 PM
GK. Murdoch. (Why no, eh?)
RB. Mullen. (Some much needed experience/gives Maybury a rest. If not, Stevenson.)
CB. Forster/McPake. (Forster needs game time, as does McPake, but I always favour youth as they're the future of a club.)
CB. Hanlon. (Need someone reliable in there. He's usually consistent, a focal point of a team, and at Nelson's age, The Admiral needs as much rest as he can get!)
LB. McGivern. (He's supposed to be our best fullback, so he needs game time)

RM. Zoubir. (He needs game time and experience of the best and worst Scottish football to acclimatise himself - hopefully not too much!)
RCM. Robertson/Horribine. (Robertson is on a roll, and according to Pat he's still not 100%. Either this will give him more match fitness or tire him out, hopefully the former. Horribine = youth.)
LCM. Stanton. (He has merited that through his shining performance on Saturday. He got a chance and took it by the scruff of the neck. He gets a start on merit/youth.)
LM. Stevenson/Stanton. (reliable experience in the team, always like to see Lewis get his chance further up the park).

ST. Caldwell. (Needs game time, his chances are diminishing by the firepower we now have up front, and I'd like to see him make something of the time he bought himself at Tynecastle in May!)
Collins. (On a roll, confidence growing; this could be just the match to ignite his account!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brooster
23-09-2013, 05:48 AM
I'd play a full strength team. Remember Queen of the South?

Yes but the fringe players we have at our disposal now are significantly better than the fringe players who came in last season.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Why do folk insist on using the fringe players?

IIRC, Dundee United only used about 16 players all season when they won the league in 1982.

Andy74
23-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Why do folk insist on using the fringe players?

IIRC, Dundee United only used about 16 players all season when they won the league in 1982.

Probably because some of them aren't really fringe players. McPake, McGivern and Zoubir in particular are good enough to start for us in normal cirumstances and it would beneift them to get some game time.

If we can't beat Stranraer it won't be because we played a few players who haven't been playing!!

JimBHibees
23-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Same team for me with Caldwell replacing Heffernan, dinnae think making a lot of changes is a good idea. We have a better squad than last year for sure but I think we need tae try and play a settled team as much as possible. I'd maybe give the subs a bit longer than 10 minutes though tae give them a bit of a run out.

That would be my view also. The last thing we need is playing a weakened team and getting turned over at home. It wouldn't take much for the fans to get on the teams back so start with strong team and hopefully get a good lead and then give guys a run.

Brightside
23-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Probably because some of them aren't really fringe players. McPake, McGivern and Zoubir in particular are good enough to start for us in normal cirumstances and it would beneift them to get some game time.

If we can't beat Stranraer it won't be because we played a few players who haven't been playing!!

McPake isnt. He may have been in the past....but not at the moment. 3rd or 4th choice CB in my books.

--------
23-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Not for me, I'd be wary about making too many changes. This is just the type of game where we could slip up and then the brief momentum that we've built in the last couple of games is lost, for both the fans and players. I think Fenlon knows that if he wants to keep the fans on side, he can't lose this game, so I think (hope) we'll see a relatively unchanged team and certainly not a new system.

Heffernan will drop out and Zoubir might get a start, but I wouldn't want to see too many changes.

Yup. Potential banana-skin here. I wouldn't make too many changes, and I'd keep the same system. Win this one, and we're in the quarter-final.

Caldwell in for Heffernan would do me.

theonlywayisup
23-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Murdoch

Mullen
McPake
Forster
McGivern

Zoubir
OTJ
Stanton
Criag

Caldwell
Collins

Subs
Williams
Hanlon
Robertson
Stevenson

Not a chance. Nine changes from Saturday. Who do you think we are? We are not a Man U or Arsenal that can play a completely different team for the league cup and still win it.

No minimal change, as many are suggesting. One or two at the most, especiallywith Heff out.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2013, 01:19 PM
We need to get the balance right between giving fringe players a run out, resting those who need it and keeping the momentum going.

It's a real balancing act and we have to trust Pat to get it right.

RoxburghHibs
23-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I'd hope we would start with a very strong team. This game is way too important to risk with too many changes.

GK: Murdoch

LB: McGivern CB: McPake CB: Nelson RB: Stevenson

LM: Craig CM: Thomson CM: Taiwo RM: Zoubir

ST: Caldwell ST: Collins

Subs:
1. Williams
2. Forster
3. Mullen
4. Vine
5. Stanton

Green Reaper
23-09-2013, 03:32 PM
No Robertson?

RoxburghHibs
23-09-2013, 03:35 PM
No Robertson?

Hmmm maybe replace Mullen with him! It's a good sign when you are struggling with who to leave out! :agree:

Hibbyradge
23-09-2013, 03:38 PM
I'd hope we would start with a very strong team. This game is way too important to risk with too many changes.

GK: Murdoch

LB: McGivern CB: McPake CB: Nelson RB: Stevenson

LM: Craig CM: Thomson CM: Taiwo RM: Zoubir

ST: Caldwell ST: Collins

Subs:
1. Williams
2. Forster
3. Mullen
4. Vine
5. Stanton

You've made 2 changes to a defence which has only conceded 5 goals in 7 SP matches and there's no way Hanlon will be left out.

I don't think Nelson and McPake is a good central pairing anyway.

Brightside
23-09-2013, 03:44 PM
You've made 2 changes to a defence which has only conceded 5 goals in 7 SP matches and there's no way Hanlon will be left out.

Only if they are going to put nets up to cover all the stands!

B.H.F.C
23-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Heff can't play, he's cup tied

Yeah I just heard that this morning. Shouldn't be too much of an issue tomorrow but a big blow for the latter rounds.

A name I've not heard mentioned is Cairney. Anyone know if he's any closer to being involved again? I know he was out doing a bit of work during the warm up at StJonstone. Arrived late on Saturday so not sure if he did this again? You'd think this game would be ideal to get him back involved, not necessarily from the start. Could be like a new signing if we can get the player back that we had at the start of last year.

Green Reaper
23-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Hmmm maybe replace Mullen with him! It's a good sign when you are struggling with who to leave out! :agree:

Good problem indeed 😊

Personally would start with Robertson rather than Zoubir but would bring on Zoubir earlier than he has been

RoxburghHibs
23-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Opinions eh :greengrin

Nah I'll stick with Nelson and McPake for this game as I thought Hanlon was not great on Saturday. McGivern and McPake have also been part of the defence that has only conceded 5 goals in 7 matches so I'd have no problem seeing them play.

RoxburghHibs
23-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Good problem indeed 

Personally would start with Robertson rather than Zoubir but would bring on Zoubir earlier than he has been

Yeah would not argue with that option :agree:

Green Reaper
23-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah would not argue with that option :agree:

Must admit that although I do think Robertson is the more sensible option to start, I am also being a bit selfish having him to score anytime at 16/1 and first scorer at 40/1 😬

Hibee87
23-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I cant see fenlon making many changes after last years fiasco..

If any, i would say mcgivern in for stevenson
Taiwo rested and start zoubi with robertson moving inside and a pick from vine/caldwell in for the cup tied heff.

other than that i dont see him risking to much.....if we go into the break 3-4 - 0 up then maybe rest the key men, OTJ/Taiwo for KT stanton for craig, handling/vine/caldwell for collins (not all at half time though) best to keep a winning side together imo

Andy74
23-09-2013, 04:07 PM

Nelson and McPake looked fine against St Johnstone.

I understand about not taking Stranraer lightly but any of the players we are talking about should have no problems with them.

In the long run it will do us good to get game time for some of the others.

scoopyboy
23-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Opinions eh :greengrin

Nah I'll stick with Nelson and McPake for this game as I thought Hanlon was not great on Saturday. McGivern and McPake have also been part of the defence that has only conceded 5 goals in 7 matches so I'd have no problem seeing them play.

Yer having a laugh.

McPake has barely played half an hour and you're crediting him with being part of a defence that has lost 5 goals in 7 matches.

RoxburghHibs
23-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Yer having a laugh.

McPake has barely played half an hour and you're crediting him with being part of a defence that has lost 5 goals in 7 matches.

Half an hour is part of it is it not? Also McGivern has played a few games so happy to see him in the team.

now who's laughing?! :greengrin

yekimevol
23-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Williams (experienced head)

Mcgriven
Foster
Mcpake (game time)
Mullen

Zoubri
Jones
Stanton
Vine

Cummings
Caldwell

I see on point risking any of the starting 11, after they have just started playing well whilst the likes of harris, cairney and clancy are still out.

truehibernian
23-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Pat hinted he was unhappy going out early last season and that a run in the cup brings much needed cash. Can't see many changes or taking any chances. The defence want to keep clean sheets and keep the form, the strikers want to keep scoring. Caldwell or Zoubir in for Heffernaninho is the only change I'd make.

If we can get into a decent lead and look comfy, then's the time to give players half an hour, but let's win the game first.

Saorsa
23-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Pat hinted he was unhappy going out early last season and that a run in the cup brings much needed cash. Can't see many changes or taking any chances. The defence want to keep clean sheets and keep the form, the strikers want to keep scoring. Caldwell or Zoubir in for Heffernaninho is the only change I'd make.

If we can get into a decent lead and look comfy, then's the time to give players half an hour, but let's win the game first.Cannae believe there are folk posting teams with 9 or more changes tae the starting line up, absolutely ridiculous IMO. I'd make the one change that is necessary (Heffernan) but I'd like tae see the subs given about half an hour. McGivern & Zoubir being two I'd like tae see getting a decent run out.

scoopyboy
23-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Half an hour is part of it is it not? Also McGivern has played a few games so happy to see him in the team.

now who's laughing?! :greengrin

I never mentioned McGivern.

Half an hour is a part granted, now lets see how well you've stuck in at school and tell me what percentage 30 minutes out of 630 equates to. :greengrin

wookie70
23-09-2013, 08:09 PM
We have a winning side and assuming none of them have any niggles or injuries I would keep the same side with the exception of bringing Zoubir in for Heff. If we can get a decent lead then I would be getting Stanton, McPake and McGivern some game time. Hibs realistically only have a chance in the two cup competitions. I have never understood resting large numbers of players for Cup games and when we have a bit of momentum going it makes even less sense.

jgl07
23-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Play the strongest team possible. Get the match won by half time and then experiment.

Beat Stranraer and Hibs will be in the last eight. With Celtic preoccupied by the Champions' League a League Cup win is possible.

portycabbage
23-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Williams (experienced head)

Mcgriven
Foster
Mcpake (game time)
Mullen

Zoubri
Jones
Stanton
Vine

Cummings
Caldwell

I see on point risking any of the starting 11, after they have just started playing well whilst the likes of harris, cairney and clancy are still out.

Well that's very nice for him, but it's hardly a reason for selecting him.:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Must admit that although I do think Robertson is the more sensible option to start, I am also being a bit selfish having him to score anytime at 16/1 and first scorer at 40/1 😬

Which firm is that with? Robertson's only 12s with Ladbrokes to score first.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2013, 09:11 PM
We need to play our strongest available team.

With the exception of Heffernan, I don't see any reason to change the team from the weekend.

The_Horde
23-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Zouby in for heff? McGivern in for maybury and Stevenson to right back

Pete
24-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Heffernan is cup tied

So what? We should just play him anyway.

We all know that absolutey nothing will happen to you should you field an ineligible player during a league cup tie.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Williams

Mullen McPake Hanlon McGivern

Zoubir Robertson Taiwo Craig

Collins Vine/Caldwell

I'd be using Stanton pretty early to replace Robertson, give Jones some time in for Taiwo and whoever didnt start up front from Vine or Caldwell.

Nelson (older), Maybury (older) can rest and Thomson given his injury past can rest as well.

Hibbyradge
24-09-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm surprised at the number of people calling for Stevenson to play at right back.

Fenlon has been getting slated for playing him there since Malmo away!

What's changed?

dangermouse
24-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Williams

Mullen McPake Hanlon McGivern

Zoubir Robertson Taiwo Craig

Collins Vine/Caldwell

I'd be using Stanton pretty early to replace Robertson, give Jones some time in for Taiwo and whoever didnt start up front from Vine or Caldwell.

Nelson (older), Maybury (older) can rest and Thomson given his injury past can rest as well.

Jones is injured and Forster is also a doubt

Green Reaper
24-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Which firm is that with? Robertson's only 12s with Ladbrokes to score first.

Willie Hill

steve75
24-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Willie Hill

You've got the wrong Scott Robertson

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Willie Hill

Thats for the Scott Robertson of Stranraer.

Green Reaper
24-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Thats for the Scott Robertson of Stranraer.

oops! Mon' the Stranraer 😁 Na' only couple quid on, better get to Ladbrokes then

Hibdan12
24-09-2013, 11:41 AM
i see cairney was training at st johnstone maybe he might get a place on the bench? has anyone got news on how he is recovering?

trev the hat
24-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I see Sparky's doing the Happy Hibby draw tonight :-)

frazeHFC
24-09-2013, 11:45 AM
What position is Cummings? Winger/striker? If so i'd like to see:

Williams

Maybury Nelson Forster McGivern

Taiwo Robertson Thomson

Cummings Collins Zoubir

Think that team would do the job tonight. Gutted i'm missing it. :( Cummings has never played for the first team yet is 11/8 to score tonight.

KingFranck
24-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I like Ross Caldwell but to be honest after watching the Hearts v Hibs U20s last week I'd put Cummings in the starting line up before him tonight

--------
24-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Cannae believe there are folk posting teams with 9 or more changes tae the starting line up, absolutely ridiculous IMO. I'd make the one change that is necessary (Heffernan) but I'd like tae see the subs given about half an hour. McGivern & Zoubir being two I'd like tae see getting a decent run out.

Yup. An influx of premature bravado, I think. #8 in the list of Famous Last Words - "We're only playing a wee team tonight."

Caldwell in for Heffernan and once/when/if the tie's secure, THEN ring the changes.

Cup runs mean revenue and are our only chance of silverware. Don't mess.

truehibernian
24-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I like Ross Caldwell but to be honest after watching the Hearts v Hibs U20s last week I'd put Cummings in the starting line up before him tonight

I hear Pat really rates him, but actually rates Cody Mulhall higher - slightly different players though. In fact Mulhall is similar in stature to Heffernan.

I've not had a chance to see much this season but a coach I sometimes work alongside thinks Mulhall is very very good.

Ross through his perseverance and last season's efforts deserves his chance first though. Pat also might see it as a chance for Rowan Vine to grab his first goal(s) for the club and give him a boost too though.

It's the only area that needs a change for the starting line up - the rest of the team has picked itself the last two games.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Yup. An influx of premature bravado, I think. #8 in the list of Famous Last Words - "We're only playing a wee team tonight."

The dreaded scenario has certainly crossed my mind what with the number of 4 and 5 goal predictions on here.

LeithBoozy
24-09-2013, 01:08 PM
The dreaded scenario has certainly crossed my mind what with the number of 4 and 5 goal predictions on here.

I fully agree with the lads above, this will be their cup-final and they will be right up for it. We only need to look back to last year to see what happens when you underestimate your opponents. :confused:

adhibs
24-09-2013, 01:20 PM
id stick in mcgivern at lb, zoubir at lm and vine for heff. OTJ for thomson or taiwo as well, should still leave us strong enough to win.

Hoping to see the three subs all being youth players

B.H.F.C
24-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I think the main thing is to not underestimate them. We can still make 2 or 3 changes without doing this.

We need to get certain players games. The team that has started the last two games deserve to keep their places against Inverness. But if someone gets an injury you don't want players coming into the team having not had a competitive game for a while. I'm not saying completely change it and play the under 20s but 2 or 3 changes will help keep bodies fresh.

Its a toss up between Vine and Caldwell to replace Heff. Beyond that the only other players I can see coming in to start would be McPake, McGivern or Zoubir. Got a feeling we will still see Zoubir from the bench but that he will get a longer run than we've seen so far.

RoxburghHibs
24-09-2013, 02:37 PM
I never mentioned McGivern.

Half an hour is a part granted, now lets see how well you've stuck in at school and tell me what percentage 30 minutes out of 630 equates to. :greengrin

Errrrrrrrrrr (tries to work it out in head - gives up and opens computer calculator)

Just under 5% :greengrin

patch1875
24-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Only changes for me would be McGivern and mcpake in for some game time and vine in for heffernan

--------
24-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Yup. #6 in the list of Famous Last Words - "What can possibly go wrong?" :devil:

JimBHibees
24-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Yup. #6 in the list of Famous Last Words - "What can possibly go wrong?" :devil:

Completely agree lets not forget this team beat Ross County to get through a team we failed to beat in our last but one home game so will by no means be a pushover.

EVENTUALLY
24-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Stanton should be given an opportunity tonight. He has been asked to go on for the last few minutes of all recent matches with little chance to impress but has actually managed to show some skill, composure and drive.

From a spectator point of view, never mind supporter I want to see Zoubir play from the start. I firmly believe that both these guys would easily improve the creativity of the side.

Get them in....it's Stranraer FFS.

Line up Caldwell and Cummings as subs too.

--------
24-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Completely agree lets not forget this team beat Ross County to get through a team we failed to beat in our last but one home game so will by no means be a pushover.

Some of the predictions on the other thread are ridiculous, but this seems to be the way these folks think. (I'm hoping some of them are joking, actually.)

There's no such thing as a walkover Cup-tie - we just need to look at some of the last round score-lines.

2-0 and a boring last half-hour would do me fine.

AND NO INJURIES.

DAVE1875
24-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Assuming all players in this formation are fit

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/442/240913161817.png

Makaveli
24-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Never mind eight and nine changes.

Play the strongest team available -- this cup is there to be won.

GlenrothesHibee
24-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I think Pat will put out a strong side after going out so early to Queens last season. We have the luxury of a really strong squad to make changes if necessary however we should start with the strongest 11 we have at the moment and hopefully put the game to bed early. Stranraer deserve our upmost respect and they wont be pushovers. Like somebody else said, a cup run is imperative so we should be aiming to make the semi's at least.