PDA

View Full Version : Robertson

eebsie
21-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I thought he probably shaded MOTM.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Was excellent today. He is like the Claros of this season i.e. most improved player after a very difficult first six months. However my MOTM is Maybury. Just shading it ahead of Craig & Taiwo.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Robertson is my favourite player! Thought he was great today (praised his performance lastweek and did so today aswell via his twitter) as was everyone. Maybury was my MOTM today though.

Scott Allan Key
22-09-2013, 12:02 AM
So improved from last and early this season was Robertson today that after the first 20 minutes I was thinking, 'Who is that great no. 8 player? Where's he come from?' I simply didn't recognise him. A different player from last season but the one we all hoped for when he signed.

thebigman1875
22-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Didnt think he looked like he could be arsed today! far better players all over the park.

tamig
22-09-2013, 03:01 AM

My MOTM too. Tremendous work rate, great going forward and provided good protection for Maybury.

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 03:20 AM
I thought he probably shaded MOTM.Did well today but Maybury and Taiwo were better IMO.

IWasThere2016
22-09-2013, 05:29 AM
Good to see him back to his best!

Aldo
22-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Don't think he was fully fit last season but showing what a good player he really is.

gorgie greens
22-09-2013, 06:34 AM
in the past we have signed many a player who i thought was decent player but never happened for one reason or another,ie Liam Miller who showed flashes of how good he could be but for me was a total let down,but in Robertson he looks to be comming on to a game and is nothing like the player at Easter road last season,mind you he could have been playing thru an injury or niggles that leave a player the odd yard short on pace,or it could coincide with confidence gained of putting a few results together,but looks quality,also glad to see the forwards getting in the goals again.
one complaint i have is id love to see ZOOPERDUPER on from the start and let him go at full backs,think the fans want more than a 10 minute run out at the end of a game

jodjam
22-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Didnt think he looked like he could be arsed today! far better players all over the park.

i ken its all about opinions but he looked as if he could be bothered to me. Put in a great shift.

Weststandwanab
22-09-2013, 07:06 AM
I thought he probably shaded MOTM. I agree totally.

Didnt think he looked like he could be arsed today! far better players all over the park. Really ?

WestEndHibee
22-09-2013, 07:20 AM

I know this is your opinion but I cant really believe it. I'm just wondering at what point he looked like he couldn't be arsed today? He was hassling any player near him for the ball, his first touch was always looking to get forward, earned himself two good goal scoring chances, just a shame chance never took the ball in.

bigwheel
22-09-2013, 07:25 AM

Dear oh Dear.....that is any amazing view...he worked like a Trojan , had a great game...

weonlywon6-2
22-09-2013, 07:39 AM

I take your seat doesnt face the pitch ???

ronaldo7
22-09-2013, 07:43 AM
He was slightly better last week, however he put in a great shift and harried all over the pitch just like the rest of the team. Terry Maybs for my MOTM:aok:

staunchhibby
22-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Was the bigman at the match to arrive at the conclusion of not being arsed:confused::confused:

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Was the bigman at the match to arrive at the conclusion of not being arsed:confused::confused:

Clearly not...I kno its all about opinions but to make a comment like that is just crazy...

lumbo_hfc
22-09-2013, 08:07 AM
So improved from last and early this season was Robertson today that after the first 20 minutes I was thinking, 'Who is that great no. 8 player? Where's he come from?' I simply didn't recognise him. A different player from last season but the one we all hoped for when he signed.

Improved from last season yes, this season i don't think hes put in a bad performance and has been one of our best players consistently.

Mikey
22-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Not wanting to change topic here, but hopefully Vine is the new Robertson and will settle in once he's had a few games and actually given a chance!

matty_f
22-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Not wanting to change topic here, but hopefully Vine is the new Robertson and will settle in once he's had a few games and actually given a chance!

That's a good point. :agree:

greenlex
22-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Singularly possibly the stupidest post at have ever seen. There are no circumstances yesterday for you to form that opinion. How you came to it is beyond comprehension.:confused:
want to talk me through it?

Mikey
22-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Singularly possibly the stupidest post at have ever seen.

Have you got TQM on ignore?

:tee hee:

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 08:37 AM

I want to hear your opinion on that matter. I just can't see at any point yesterday where he looked like he couldn't be arsed. He worked his backside off. Hassled and harried the opposition all day. The only players that didn't look arsed on that pitch for me were the St Mirren ones. Their attitude and application looked shocking particularly Danny Grainger. Reminded me of the attitude of the players when Clueless Calderclown was in charge here.

hibee_nation
22-09-2013, 08:41 AM

Belter :faf:

neil7908
22-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Would have been my MoM at half time but he faded just a tad in the second half. Still an excellent performance bearing in mind he was playing out of position.

I would still love to see him moved into the centre of midfield and Zoubir on the right. Would be tough to drop Taiwo or Thomson but I think those 2 are not a pairing I'd be using often

greenlex
22-09-2013, 08:52 AM

:hilarious

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Didnt think he looked like he could be arsed today! far better players all over the park.Really? Dinnae ken what you were watching but it wisnae the same game as me, absolute nonsense.

HibbyAndy
22-09-2013, 12:11 PM

Utter drivel.Robertson was everywhere yesterday.Showed great energy and a determination to win every ball.

Chalk and cheese from last season and a very important player for Hibs.

OstKurve Hibs
22-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Maybury for me, thought he was brilliant the day

Franck Stanton
22-09-2013, 12:50 PM
The fact there are so many players being quoted for "Man-of-the-Match" is pleasing. Means we are going in the right direction. A few short weeks ago w were struggling to nominate even one player for the award. Onwards and upwards. :greengrin

Irish_Steve
22-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Thot Robbo was gonna end up with a sore head trying to control Nelson`s 5 yd smashes lol

Stevie Reid
22-09-2013, 04:28 PM
I was saying to my mates yesterday that Robertson is like the guy on your fives team who isn't very good technically, but you're always glad to have him on your team. Every single touch and contribution he makes looks like a real effort and/or struggle for him, but the end product is usually a positive one. Was happy when we signed him and Craig, and delighted that they are both now resembling the players that we thought we were getting.

I must agree with others who said that Maybury was MOTM though, he was different class at the back. And, as much as I like Clancy, there's no way in a million years that he would have made the run to get the assist for the second goal. Maybury is our best full back IMO.

frazeHFC
22-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Maybury was my MOM yesterday but every single player in a Hibs shirt was excellent. :agree:

Seveno
22-09-2013, 06:33 PM
No-one worked harder than Robertson and I thought he had a great first half.

As for Maybury, once again his opposite number was hooked in the second half. Nuffield said.