PDA

View Full Version : Like the old hibs

Bronson
21-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Much of the play today was like the hibs of yesteryear, slick passing, good movement, attacking play. Not something we've seen since early yogi and I'm genuinely delighted after today. I know it was only St Mirren but that was night and day from what we've been in years.

Many good players in the squad like Harris, Handling, Forster and the likes of McPake, Clancy, Cairney who have had good spells previously, will really struggle to break into that team. Exciting actually.

Today really felt like we'd turned a corner, it wasn't just the 3 points it was the manner in which we went about our business today, top notch.:thumbsup:

Oh, and for what it's worth, Maybury was my MOTM, outstanding.:top marks

monktonharp
21-09-2013, 10:48 PM
the squad has the making of a resilient team over the course of a season. Pat Fenlon's tactics are the problem recently that has angered fans. we all appreciate his recent signings, and the strikers have good records of doing their job at previous clubs. we played well today, and it looks good to have quality on the bench, with others likely to get back into things come xmas , Harris, for example.

Greendub
21-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Watching from here I never saw us losing the game, but I did expect us to finish them off 3 or 4-0.

i hope this is the '6' games their manager was on about and the hoofball and tactics are gone bar no option clearances.

if we could play that way against more challenging opposition then I would be happy with Fenlon.

as a side note I'm sick of the Scotsman mentioning the 0-7 against malmö in every story.

**** them and the BBC!

Bronson
21-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Watching from here I never saw us losing the game, but I did expect us to finish them off 3 or 4-0.

i hope this is the '6' games their manager was on about and the hoofball and tactics are gone bar no option clearances.

if we could play that way against more challenging opposition then I would be happy with Fenlon.

as a side note I'm sick of the Scotsman mentioning the 0-7 against malmö in every story.

**** them and the BBC!

That and the 5-1 final, we've all moved on, why can't they?

It's like Gary f***ing Lineker and his precious England's 1966 world cup which he never let's us hear the end of when internationals are on. Tosser.

IberianHibernian
21-09-2013, 11:38 PM

**** them and the BBC!I agree we never looked like not winning but early goal helped , making St M nervous and our crowd positive . Scotsman are desperate for negative Hibernian news after goingson in Gorgie so it suits them to keep mentioning Malmo . Terrible result(s) obviously but we have time to make up for it and can already plan for next season`s Europa League ( or better ) . Not saying we`ll qualify but plan should be to do so .

basehibby
22-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Much of the play today was like the hibs of yesteryear, slick passing, good movement, attacking play. Not something we've seen since early yogi and I'm genuinely delighted after today. I know it was only St Mirren but that was night and day from what we've been in years.

Many good players in the squad like Harris, Handling, Forster and the likes of McPake, Clancy, Cairney who have had good spells previously, will really struggle to break into that team. Exciting actually.

Today really felt like we'd turned a corner, it wasn't just the 3 points it was the manner in which we went about our business today, top notch.:thumbsup:

Oh, and for what it's worth, Maybury was my MOTM, outstanding.:top marks

:top marksMaybury had a very good game - defending expertly and getting forward to good effect, The clincher though was getting that ugly Hertz clogger Grainger sent off by simply standing there and smiling at him :aok: