PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

SMAXXA
21-09-2013, 09:14 PM
I take no pleasure, infact I take a great deal of pleasure in calling out the people on here that are so against Pat and what hes done here and what he is doing. So many people on here find it sooo easy to put the boot in yet it will stick in their throat when they have to actually have to re-evaluate their panic opinion.

I will get the no doubt backlash of people who actually convince themselves we need to change manager rather than just let him build his background staff and the best personnel that he has had here since he came in.

not a point scoring exercise at all and the next run of bad form or defeats are just round the corner but lets back the man and go forward?

RoYO!
21-09-2013, 09:38 PM
good luck mate :)

Baldy Foghorn
21-09-2013, 09:49 PM
I take no pleasure, infact I take a great deal of pleasure in calling out the people on here that are so against Pat and what hes done here and what he is doing. So many people on here find it sooo easy to put the boot in yet it will stick in their throat when they have to actually have to re-evaluate their panic opinion.

I will get the no doubt backlash of people who actually convince themselves we need to change manager rather than just let him build his background staff and the best personnel that he has had here since he came in.

not a point scoring exercise at all and the next run of bad form or defeats are just round the corner but lets back the man and go forward?

Clearly it is.......

Tricla
21-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Yup. Eff the bedwetters and their lemon sheet ways!

GGTTH and mon PADDY FENLONS GAWA!

Ozyhibby
21-09-2013, 10:23 PM

Very much a point scoring exercise.
I very much hope you a right though.
There is a glimmer of hope for Pat.
GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 10:27 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u44OImPmcYI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du44OImPmcYI

SMAXXA
22-09-2013, 08:28 AM
good luck mate :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u44OImPmcYI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du44OImPmcYI

:greengrin

greenlex
22-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I may have been wrong. I snapped after the performance (not the result) at Tyncastle a few weeks ago. If only I hadn't.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2013, 08:42 AM

Perspective. :faf::faf:

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 08:45 AM
I may have been wrong. I snapped after the performance (not the result) at Tyncastle a few weeks ago. If only I hadn't.

I snapped as well after that game. Was the one and only time I asked for Pat's head

gorgie greens
22-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Think after last season and the new season signings people's expectations were sky high,but they exit and the manner of the way we went out of Europe and the game at Tynecastle where everyone and there dog thought we were going to give them a proper going over had a lot of fans calling for Pat's head,
I don't know any Hibs fan who does not want Pat to become a success at Easter Road,and I'm happy that we seem to be heading in the right direction now and were not having to watch the drab stuff that we were watching.
GGTTH

fat freddy
22-09-2013, 08:54 AM
your quite right in calling out the bed wetters...the over reaction to the poor start to the season was way over the top...we have a new squad that needs time to gel and as the weeks pass our performances will improve...yesterday was the shape of things to come and i suspect a large bowl of humble pie may have to be eaten by some of the more emotional posters on here...onwards and upwards and always back the team.

RyeSloan
22-09-2013, 09:06 AM
your quite right in calling out the bed wetters...the over reaction to the poor start to the season was way over the top...we have a new squad that needs time to gel and as the weeks pass our performances will improve...yesterday was the shape of things to come and i suspect a large bowl of humble pie may have to be eaten by some of the more emotional posters on here...onwards and upwards and always back the team.

Not sure you serve pie in a bowl to be honest ;-)

I said at the time that it would be crazy not to give Pat the first round of games before doing anything. I'm still of that opinion.

SMAXXA
22-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Perspective. :faf::faf:

Care to bring something more insightful to the discussion? :wink:

SMAXXA
22-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Clearly it is.......

Very much a point scoring exercise.
I very much hope you a right though.
There is a glimmer of hope for Pat.
GGTTH

:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2013, 03:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Your opening post said you take great pleasure from making the point, clearly point scoring.....

HoboHarry
22-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I made the point on the match day thread yesterday that we only had three pages in spite of being 2 goals ahead. I assume that most of the usual bed wetters lacked the good grace to come on say say well done......

Brightside
22-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Perspective - St Mirren are the worst team in the league by a mile. Lets see a performance like that every week before we start thinking anything else.

Ozyhibby
22-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I made the point on the match day thread yesterday that we only had three pages in spite of being 2 goals ahead. I assume that most of the usual bed wetters lacked the good grace to come on say say well done......

It was a home game? Maybe the bed wetters are those that attend the games?

HoboHarry
22-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Aye well - we will see the next time we get play poorly and get beaten at home then won't we?

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Perspective - St Mirren are the worst team in the league by a mile. Lets see a performance like that every week before we start thinking anything else.

Indeed, a great second half performance last week, and a superb display yesterday, but we need to be like that every week......We had a great tempo from the off, dictated the game from first minute to last.......

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2013, 04:29 PM

What's this "bed wetter" pish? After our start people were correctly not happy at the situation, it was not knee jerk, after results and performances.....

snooky
22-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Another couple of good results required then I'll change the sheets. :wink:

jacomo
22-09-2013, 05:05 PM

9 zip against Malmo and losing poorly to the worst Hearts team in a generation - no wonder people got emotional. To be fair to Pat, he seemed to understand why the supporters were angry, and there has been definite signs of improvement in recent weeks.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2013, 05:09 PM
What's this "bed wetter" pish? After our start people were correctly not happy at the situation, it was not knee jerk, after results and performances.....

Aye it's incredible. Hibs fans not happy with the manager responsible for the 2 worst results in our history and a pitiful performance and defeat against an awful hearts side. "Bedwetters" All 90% of them or whatever it was. It's great how PF seems to be turning it round but you'd think we'd secured 2nd going by some of the OTT comments.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Care to bring something more insightful to the discussion? :wink:

No, even now i don't think i need to add anything to my original post.

RIP
22-09-2013, 05:19 PM
The day we accept mediocrity is for me the day I give up supporting the team. It wasn't just the Malmo result but the complete absence of football that made us angry.

100% justifiable anger

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Quite right SMAXXA ... Following 3 years of utter Tom Kite I cant understand either how these bloomin' bed wetters couldnt see that an utter humiliation in Europe and losing to our biggest rivals weakest team for 30 years was actually part of a well worked master plan.

The final part of this plan was to muster one shot on goal in 90 minutes at home to Ross County. Yup, folks just over react without being able to see the bigger picture and how this was all part of a master strategy to make everybody else think we would be a soft touch.

But now that we have managed an away win and a good performance at home against the poorest team in the Scottish Premiership you can see it all coming together.

To be serious for a minute ... The St Johnstone result was brilliant and we certainly looked a lot better going forward against St Mirren, but we have a long way to go before we can start getting all exited about our new brand of football and better results. Something I cant help feeling has been forced on PF to a certain extent by the criticism aimed at him, not only on here, but by the TV, Press and other interested parties who could see that the 3 holding midfield players and one forward strategy just wasnt working.

Oh and by the way ..... I do all my bed wetting from the stands, not in front of the TV or behind a keyboard.

Dunderhall
22-09-2013, 05:53 PM

Andy74
22-09-2013, 06:01 PM
The day we accept mediocrity is for me the day I give up supporting the team. It wasn't just the Malmo result but the complete absence of football that made us angry.

100% justifiable anger

I don't think anyone including those at the club, accepted anything. There were just different views about how the situation could best be improved.

Last year when we had attacking players from midfield on form we played well overall. It's looking the same this time.

Ricky Bobby
22-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I was for parting company with Pat in the summer, as i felt the results at the tail end of the season masked a pretty poor year and the cup final performance was a real let down. But fair play, he seems to have steadied things a bit and the new signing are starting to perform.
For me a top six finish with more performances like yesterday will do me for now.

Keith_M
22-09-2013, 06:15 PM
infact I take a great deal of pleasure in calling out the people on here that are so against Pat and what hes done here and what he is doing. .....

....not a point scoring exercise at all

It would be nice if you could make up your mind.

Are you saying that the 95% of people that voted on here that they wanted Fenlon out had absolutely no reason to think that way?

LOADS of people have created posts since that they're not convinced by Fenlon but they would love nothing more than for him to be a success. I think that's a much more balanced viewpoint than the people that obviously ARE engaged in petty point scoring.

Chump
22-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I guess the question(s) to ask is/are;

a) does he deserve a new contract when his one expires at the end of the season?
b) do you think he'll get one to take him through the summer to 2014/15 season?

HFC 0-7
22-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't think anyone including those at the club, accepted anything. There were just different views about how the situation could best be improved.

Last year when we had attacking players from midfield on form we played well overall. It's looking the same this time.

Who are these attacking players from midfield that were on form last season?

Andy74
22-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Who are these attacking players from midfield that were on form last season?

Wotherspoon and Cairney early season and Harris at the end of the season.

Sudds_1
22-09-2013, 06:52 PM

Nothing stuck on my throat..........PF is a nice guy, but he's NOT the man to take Hibs forward. He sets his teams up only to ensure they don't get beat. Yesterday it was clear that St Mirren were a poor side there for the taking. But we continued to play the cautious ball pretty square passing but no pace, indeed after a promising opening where we LOOKED like we might use some width, we gradually reverted to a narrow play safe formation back passing rather than looking for the man on. Pedantic, predictable football..........we won. And I'm pleased at that. But the kind of football associated with Hibs is very distant........as 40 year + supported I find that very hard to watch.

..........and its been that way for a long time with no sign of any alternative plan depending on how the opposition shapes up. He plays his formation despite what opposition he's up against...............

And that perhaps is my main criticism. One paced, one shape football. Nothing exciting, nothing imaginative.

The Green Goblin
22-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Those pesky, treacherous bedwetters. 9-0 on aggregate, 7-0 at home; the biggest result against a Scottish team in European history, beaten by a bunch of yam reserve kids and we have now secured our 2nd home league win of 2013 and the mighty scalps of Dundee and St. Mirren hang proudly on the wall. What was all the fuss about? :greengrin You tell 'em!!

Funny how people are queuing up to get it right up all the fans who weren't happy. It was great to see such a much-improved performance yesterday and nice to put a run of results together, but the crowing and "I-told-you-so" over other fans is a bit bizarre.

We're all happy we won. We're all happy things look like improving. The point scoring is unnecessary and it's definitely not justified.

jabis
22-09-2013, 07:02 PM
9 zip against Malmo and losing poorly to the worst Hearts team in a generation - no wonder people got emotional. To be fair to Pat, he seemed to understand why the supporters were angry, and there has been definite signs of improvement in recent weeks.
the real :top marks

No, even now i don't think i need to add anything to my original post.
or come to Easter Road :na na:

Quite right SMAXXA ... Following 3 years of utter Tom Kite I cant understand either how these bloomin' bed wetters couldnt see that an utter humiliation in Europe and losing to our biggest rivals weakest team for 30 years was actually part of a well worked master plan.

The final part of this plan was to muster one shot on goal in 90 minutes at home to Ross County. Yup, folks just over react without being able to see the bigger picture and how this was all part of a master strategy to make everybody else think we would be a soft touch.

But now that we have managed an away win and a good performance at home against the poorest team in the Scottish Premiership you can see it all coming together.

To be serious for a minute ... The St Johnstone result was brilliant and we certainly looked a lot better going forward against St Mirren, but we have a long way to go before we can start getting all exited about our new brand of football and better results. Something I cant help feeling has been forced on PF to a certain extent by the criticism aimed at him, not only on here, but by the TV, Press and other interested parties who could see that the 3 holding midfield players and one forward strategy just wasnt working.

Oh and by the way ..... I do all my bed wetting from the stands, not in front of the TV or behind a keyboard.

we haven't played St Mirren twice :aok:.....just pedantry :greengrin

jabis
22-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Those pesky, treacherous bedwetters. 9-0 on aggregate, 7-0 at home; the biggest result against a Scottish team in European history, beaten by a bunch of yam reserve kids and we have now secured our 2nd home league win of 2013 and the mighty scalps of Dundee and St. Mirren hang proudly on the wall. What was all the fuss about? :greengrin You tell 'em!!

Funny how people are queuing up to get it right up all the fans who weren't happy. It was great to see such a much-improved performance yesterday and nice to put a run of results together, but the crowing and "I-told-you-so" over other fans is a bit bizarre.

We're all happy we won. We're all happy things look like improving. The point scoring is unnecessary and it's definitely not justified.

and St Johnstone,Dundee are in a different league,but we beat Dundee Utd :greengrin

glad to be of help :flag:

Stevie Reid
22-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Nothing stuck on my throat..........PF is a nice guy, but he's NOT the man to take Hibs forward. He sets his teams up only to ensure they don't get beat. Yesterday it was clear that St Mirren were a poor side there for the taking. But we continued to play the cautious ball pretty square passing but no pace, indeed after a promising opening where we LOOKED like we might use some width, we gradually reverted to a narrow play safe formation back passing rather than looking for the man on. Pedantic, predictable football..........we won. And I'm pleased at that. But the kind of football associated with Hibs is very distant........as 40 year + supported I find that very hard to watch.

..........and its been that way for a long time with no sign of any alternative plan depending on how the opposition shapes up. He plays his formation despite what opposition he's up against...............

And that perhaps is my main criticism. One paced, one shape football. Nothing exciting, nothing imaginative.

Extremely harsh assessment of yesterday. We played well, with some very nice football at times, created a load of chances, their keeper was their man of the match, and our keeper never had a save to make.

All in all, we looked solid at the back and very dangerous going forward. You've painted a very different picture of what was an all-too-rare routine win for us at ER.

Sudds_1
22-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Extremely harsh assessment of yesterday. We played well, with some very nice football at times, created a load of chances, their keeper was their man of the match, and our keeper never had a save to make.

All in all, we looked solid at the back and very dangerous going forward. You've painted a very different picture of what was an all-too-rare routine win for us at ER.

Can only call it as I see it...........not harsh in my opinion. Fenlon sets up not to lose. Ok, we can look good against one of the poorest teams in the league - and yes - Ben had no saves to make. But its easy to look solid when the opposition have nothing to throw at you.

But surely, 10 minutes into the game PF can see there's clear scope to be able to open up and change the safety first formation? How many times did you see a green jersey make the safe square pass or back pass.............when it was CRYING out to be pushed on. Or hesitancy when a move was on but they were clearly under orders not to push on......or is it a lack of self belief? There were goals to be had in that game.............Sometimes the gap between the front two and the midfield was over 30 yards!

Nah........as I said, pleased we won. But significant improvement ? Jury's out on that one until we play a half decent outfit.

Jack Hackett
22-09-2013, 07:29 PM

Thanks GG.....Sums it up for me and saves me the trouble of writing it....but you missed the part where we should hang our heads in shame for ever doubting the tactical genius of our manager

Stevie Reid
22-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Can only call it as I see it...........not harsh in my opinion. Fenlon sets up not to lose. Ok, we can look good against one of the poorest teams in the league - and yes - Ben had no saves to make. But its easy to look solid when the opposition have nothing to throw at you.

But surely, 10 minutes into the game PF can see there's clear scope to be able to open up and change the safety first formation? How many times did you see a green jersey make the safe square pass or back pass.............when it was CRYING out to be pushed on. Or hesitancy when a move was on but they were clearly under orders not to push on......or is it a lack of self belief? There were goals to be had in that game.............Sometimes the gap between the front two and the midfield was over 30 yards!

Nah........as I said, pleased we won. But significant improvement ? Jury's out on that one until we play a half decent outfit.

We beat a half decent outfit last week.

People have every right to question Fenlon, I wanted him out after the Hearts game after losing patience also. But I don't see where your criticisms from yesterday are coming from, other than a prejudiced stance against the manager. Two weeks ago against RC was amongst the worst I'd ever seen at ER - yesterday the only criticism I would make is that we didn't take more chances to make it even more comfortable.

St. Mirren were poor, definitely - but surely we deserve some credit for that. It's certainly not a valid criticism of us.

The Green Goblin
22-09-2013, 07:51 PM
and St Johnstone,Dundee are in a different league,but we beat Dundee Utd :greengrin

glad to be of help :flag:

Cheers, but I was careful to specify 2013 home league games in my post (take another look!). Thanks though. :greengrin

Expecting Rain
22-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Hibs played quite well yesterday against a St Mirren team which could turn out to have the worst defence in the league, the fundamental difference was in my opinion that they moved the ball around a lot quicker than they have in all the previous games, which in turn allowed them to turn and face the oppositions goals, which generally encourages confidence and reminds players why they got to this level in the first place. It still took us a while to realise how bad they were and Pat introduced his substitutions far too late, i was actually looking forward to seeing how the two main strikers would fare with the assistance of a winger, that was before Maybury`s dash forward for the assist! Alas Pat chose to take Collins off and that was the end of that. Yesterday was encouraging and believe it or not entertaining at times but we shouldn`t get carried away and maybe ponder on how much Jimmy Nicholl influenced things.

hibee_nation
22-09-2013, 09:11 PM
It would be nice if you could make up your mind.

Are you saying that the 95% of people that voted on here that they wanted Fenlon out had absolutely no reason to think that way?

LOADS of people have created posts since that they're not convinced by Fenlon but they would love nothing more than for him to be a success. I think that's a much more balanced viewpoint than the people that obviously ARE engaged in petty point scoring.

So says the uber bed wetter, where was the balance when times were tough, you did plenty point scoring then and will be the first to do so again when times are hard. You showed your class with your greeting about cup final tickets. Get tae. :na na:

marinello59
22-09-2013, 09:32 PM
]So says the uber bed wetter[/B], where was the balance when times were tough, you did plenty point scoring then and will be the first to do so again when times are hard. You showed your class with your greeting about cup final tickets. Get tae. :na na:

:top marks
My new favourite hibs.net insult. I did wet myself laughing but I ain't claiming that makes me better than any other bed wetter.

edinburghhibee
22-09-2013, 10:07 PM

Exactly this, infact I think most folk read the OP and will think your having a laugh if you think a decent result in Perth and a win at home to the worst team in the prem is worth you coming on hear and making out everything is great.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-09-2013, 12:11 AM
We've won two games on the trot and we are unbeaten in five. I think it's fair to say we should be happy.

basehibby
23-09-2013, 12:59 AM

Oh aye - 1-0 up after 10 minutes and no home wins in the league for eons so lets open up and throw caution to the wind - well thank f*** you're not managing the team mate!

The saying "none so blind as those that refuse to see" was made for you as you were clearly refusing to see what was a very good performance on Saturday.

allezsauzee
23-09-2013, 08:55 AM
While I actually think that Pat is doing a decent job and have never wanted him sacked, I would say that coming to the conclusion that all is well after a couple of vastly improved peformances is as much a knee jerk reaction as calling for his head after the Malmo debacle. I want to be proven right not because I want to appear clever but because it means Hibs are winning. The so called bedwetters and happy clappers are all desperate to see us do well, so why don't we concentrate on backing the cabbage and forget the point scoring.

Sudds_1
23-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Oh aye - 1-0 up after 10 minutes and no home wins in the league for eons so lets open up and throw caution to the wind - well thank f*** you're not managing the team mate!

The saying "none so blind as those that refuse to see" was made for you as you were clearly refusing to see what was a very good performance on Saturday.

where did I say that? What I said was change the safety first mentality................I also said I was pleased that we acually won.

Satisfactory performance against one of the worst teams I've seen at ER in may years (apart from us).

Now go put words in someone elses mouth.......................

Thecat23
23-09-2013, 09:35 AM
We've won two games on the trot and we are unbeaten in five. I think it's fair to say we should be happy.

This.

I've been very vocal about Pat, but more than happy for him to prove me wrong and give him credit where it's due. Wouldn't be fair to just rip him when we lose and not give credit when we do win. So well done Pat keep it up!

hibee19
23-09-2013, 09:42 AM

As I mentioned on the other thread the 3 teams we've beaten have won a combined 2 games out of 20 and in our first 7 games we've played 5 current bottom 6 teams. The next 5 games I think are against ICT, Partick, Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell. If we're top 6 after that there will be evidence that the tide has turned but so far its been a disappointing start to the season.