PDA

View Full Version : Grainger red card

NGP
21-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Did he blast the ball at Maybury, or did Alan stick his foot out to block a quick free kick? Looked like Grainger was pretty aggressive, but it also looked like Maybury stuck a leg out, which would have been a booking for Alan? He was lucky to be on the pitch at that point anyway.

tamig
21-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Did he blast the ball at Maybury, or did Alan stick his foot out to block a quick free kick? Looked like Grainger was pretty aggressive, but it also looked like Maybury stuck a leg out, which would have been a booking for Alan? He was lucky to be on the pitch at that point anyway.
Maybury got a yellow for not being ten yards back. The jambo got a straight red for violent conduct. That was my take on it.

NGP
21-09-2013, 06:12 PM
I didnt see Maybury get a yellow?

DaveF
21-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Maybury got a yellow for not being ten yards back. The jambo got a straight red for violent conduct. That was my take on it.

It was his 2nd booking and it would have been for ungentlemanly conduct rather than violent.

aljo7-0
21-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Definitely a second yellow as the ref showed the yellow then red cards.

Seveno
21-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Grainier being sent off and Zouby's display were a very entertaining end to an enjoyable afternoon.

WestEndHibee
21-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Was a 2nd yellow i think mate

Yeh it was a second yellow for booting the ball at Maybury, really stupid from grainger. He just seemed to lose it when maybs stood in front of the free kick. Completed the satisfied feeling from the match that did.

EastCalderHibby
21-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Both, I think. Marbury blocked the free kick, and got booked for it, and Grainger blasted the ball against him in retaliation for blocking the free kick. Unless I'm remembering wrongly.

Grainger blasted the ball at maybury therefor intending to hurt him so it should have been straight red for violent conduct :cb

GreenArmyyy!
21-09-2013, 06:44 PM

Put it this way if Maybury wasn't in the way then there may have been a fatality in the west stand.

21-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Who cares. Cheerio ya wee jambo dick :greengrin:bye:

Least he got back to the dressing room in time to hear his former team loose 2 goals in the dying minutes :greengrin:fenlon

Heisenberg
21-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Could tell he was getting more wound up as the game went on. Should've been booked way before he initially was. Had a right good chuckle when he got the red.

21-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Practically the whole hibs support chanting "you hearts *******" as he walked off the park was icing on the cake to what was a pretty good day :greengrin

Brooster
21-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I think he lost the plot because he couldn't handle the 2nd half stick from the east stand.

O'Rourke3
21-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I think he lost the plot because he couldn't handle the 2nd half stick from the east stand.

Well played East Stand :greengrin

Argylehibby
21-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Grainger blasted the ball at maybury therefor intending to hurt him so it should have been straight red for violent conduct :cb

100% agree. If it wasn't intentional he wouldn't have taken any action at all so it was either no card or straight red. Fully deserved a straight red IMHO.

DaveF
21-09-2013, 07:24 PM
100% agree. If it wasn't intentional he wouldn't have taken any action at all so it was either no card or straight red. Fully deserved a straight red IMHO.

Straight red seems a harsh punishment for booting the ball at someone, but if that's the rules then maybe the ref got it wrong. Dunno if my memory is playing up here but was there not a card shown in a derby a good while back at ER for someone booting the ball at an opponent? I can't mind who \ what happened or when so I might be making it up.....

Billy Whizz
21-09-2013, 07:26 PM

It was certainly intentional, it was right in front of me, and he wanted to hurt Maybury where it hurts. He's absolutely crap as well

Heisenberg
21-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Straight red seems a harsh punishment for booting the ball at someone, but if that's the rules then maybe the ref got it wrong. Dunno if my memory is playing up here but was there not a card shown in a derby a good while back at ER for someone booting the ball at an opponent? I can't mind who \ what happened or when so I might be making it up.....

Happened in a game against Oldco at easter road a few years back. Mcbride and Lafferty involved IIRC.

DaveF
21-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Happened in a game against Oldco at easter road a few years back. Mcbride and Lafferty involved IIRC.

That's the one, Ta.

Found this one on the www while trawling :greengrin

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/207106-video-the-most-ridiculous-red-card-in-scottish-football-history/

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Just showing the frustrations of playing for a team that can't put a foot right at the moment. Despite what we may want to happen, St Mirren will be the team that goes down.

Tyler Durden
21-09-2013, 07:39 PM

That decision was a joke and probably only example in world football of a player being sent off for booting the ball at an opponent. Especially since the ball was arguably in play.

I laughed like ***** today at Grainger getting sent off but looking at the rules I think refs are pretty harsh to penalise players taking the free kick. The rules are that players have to retreat. Maybury failed to do so - really it's up to Grainger if he chooses to smash it against Maybury. Anyway the ref viewed it as ungentlemanly conduct without doubt.

Putting aside brief moment of sympathy I loved the fact Maybury had snapped at his heels all the way up the line and stood tall after Grainger smashed into his nether regions - MOTM for me.

jabis
21-09-2013, 07:43 PM
That's the one, Ta.

Found this one on the www while trawling :greengrin

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/207106-video-the-most-ridiculous-red-card-in-scottish-football-history/

just....wow !

weecounty hibby
21-09-2013, 07:51 PM
That decision was a joke and probably only example in world football of a player being sent off for booting the ball at an opponent. Especially since the ball was arguably in play.

I laughed like ***** today at Grainger getting sent off but looking at the rules I think refs are pretty harsh to penalise players taking the free kick. The rules are that players have to retreat. Maybury failed to do so - really it's up to Grainger if he chooses to smash it against Maybury. Anyway the ref viewed it as ungentlemanly conduct without doubt.

Putting aside brief moment of sympathy I loved the fact Maybury had snapped at his heels all the way up the line and stood tall after Grainger smashed into his nether regions - MOTM for me.
But if someone wants to take a quick free kick they have to have the refs permission. If thats not given then technically the ball is not in play so Grainger hit Maybury with the ball while it was dead. Thats my tKe on it. Anyway GIRFUY jambo prick

Argylehibby
21-09-2013, 08:11 PM

If he picked the ball up and threw it at him would you think a red card was harsh Dave? It was violent conduct and the only surprise is that it was the 1 time during the game that the managed to find the player they were aiming for!

MurrayfieldHibs
21-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Well played East Stand you certainly wound him up!

He gave a bunch of verbals to his own dugout on the way off the pitch with our appreciation of his former allegiance to the poppy pinchers ringing in his ears.:greengrin

The Green Goblin
21-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Thats how I saw it.

brianmc
21-09-2013, 08:31 PM
If he picked the ball up and threw it at him would you think a red card was harsh Dave? It was violent conduct and the only surprise is that it was the 1 time during the game that the managed to find the player they were aiming for!
It wisnae violent conduct-it was acting in an unsporting manner. That's why Grainger AND Maybury
got yellow cards-it's just that our ex jambo was way cleverer than their ex jambo...... oh, and the fact Grainger had already had a yellow :)

Liberal Hibby
21-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Just showing the frustrations of playing for a team that can't put a foot right at the moment. Despite what we may want to happen, St Mirren will be the team that goes down.

Nah. That relies on two things - one Hearts actually making it to the end of the season and St Mirren taking no action to try to turn things around - like signing new players in January. Even if St Mirren struggle to a dismal 20 points Hearts need another 28 and that's looking increasingly beyond them.

eebsie
21-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Second half in front of the East Stand, Grainger was taking pelters, his team piss poor and himself not having much of a game.

Snapped!

givescotlandfreedom
21-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Second half in front of the East Stand, Grainger was taking pelters, his team piss poor and himself not having much of a game.

Snapped!

He was getting pesters from the West too when walking to the tunnell and shouted something at the fans waving him farewell :hibees

nonshinyfinish
21-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Hibs win.

Hertz beat by two late, late goals.

Former Hertz fanny gets what he deserves.

Sometimes life's alright.

DarrenSQH
21-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Pretty sure Danny Grainger is hearts best chance of staying up!

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 11:37 PM
He was getting it really tight from everyone in the East.

Also I saw him getting screamed at by the St Mirren fans as well. In the first half when he collided with Robertson and went over to check on him while the game was still in play, a good number of St Mirren fans were going nuts at him for checking if Robertson was ok rather than focusing on the game.

Peevemor
22-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Having just watched the highlights, I would say that he didn't deserve the 2nd booking - for me he was simply trying to take the free kick (although I'm not sure why it was given in the first place).

1two
22-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Must have hurt maybury though who was determined not to flinch.

I have a growing respect for Alan maybury, he plays to his strengths and barely gets it wrong - although when it does go wrong it usually costs us

steakbake
22-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Grainier being sent off and Zouby's display were a very entertaining end to an enjoyable afternoon.

Zoubir was a definite highlight. Overall I thought Hibs looked better. Still not totally there and clicking yet: I can't imagine for example, that yesterday's performance would be enough to see off the likes of Celtic or other tougher opposition at the moment: Aberdeen, ICT. I think Saints had little up front to trouble us and the defence was reasonably solid.

Definitely heading in the right direction.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2013, 09:21 AM

2nd yellow def not straight red

andy1875
22-09-2013, 09:27 AM
We win 2-0

Hearts lose by two late goals and are gutted.

Danny Grainger gets red right next to the East with his ears ringing to the "YOU HEARTS *******"

A Carlsberg weekend if ever there was one :greengrin

SaulGoodman
22-09-2013, 03:08 PM
If he was taking a quick freekick and Maybury got in the road Maybury would get a yellow and that would be that.

The force, and direction Grainger hit the ball shows he wasn't taking a freekick to any of his players, he's either aiming for Maybury or trying to kill someone in the west.

green day
22-09-2013, 03:12 PM
You only need to read Grainger's twitter timeline to see his (odd?) Hatred for us - its like the pish scatchel does, and again, that is odd too??

Do these guys get some weird drugs when they sign for hearts?

Seems rare for ex-hibs players to hold that level of hatred.

Argylehibby
22-09-2013, 06:35 PM
It wisnae violent conduct-it was acting in an unsporting manner. That's why Grainger AND Maybury
got yellow cards-it's just that our ex jambo was way cleverer than their ex jambo...... oh, and the fact Grainger had already had a yellow :)

I know it wasn't given by the ref as violent conduct. My point was that it should have been.

jane_says
22-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Can't agree. Before he "took" he free kick the ref was already blowing wildly on his whistle. Grainger knew he wasn't being allowed to take it but blasted it against Maybury. At first, yes, he looks up and is actually preparing to take it, but when the ref starts blowing his whistle three or four times to tell him to wait, his frustrations boil over and he blasts it at Maybury.

Well, that's how I saw it anyway. :greengrin

Haha let's be honest if we were 2-0 down and Stevenson tried to get the game going quickly only for someone to put his foot in front of the ball, then got sent off for it, we'd have steam coming out our ears.

Anyway, GIRUY Grainger. Clearly really wound up and topped off a grand aftenoon

Andy74
22-09-2013, 07:56 PM
I recall a Hibs player getting booked for something similar a year or two ago. Was it Griffiths? Might have been away in a cup game somewhere like Cowdenbeath?

Jonnyboy
22-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Haha let's be honest if we were 2-0 down and Stevenson tried to get the game going quickly only for someone to put his foot in front of the ball, then got sent off for it, we'd have steam coming out our ears.

Anyway, GIRUY Grainger. Clearly really wound up and topped off a grand aftenoon

That's not what happened though, is it? Grainger willfully blootered the ball at Maybury in the hope the ref would punish the Hibs man for not retreating. Unfortunately for Grainger he's like most Hearts cretins and his one brain cell got him a deserved second yellow card.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Remember seeing a tweet from Grainger the day he left Hearts and he couldn't help but slate Hibs in it. I mean you only get 160 characters in a tweet and yet he still found it important to have a dig at us. Loser. Great entertainment watching him get wound up then lose it yesterday

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Remember seeing a tweet from Grainger the day he left Hearts and he couldn't help but slate Hibs in it. I mean you only get 160 characters in a tweet and yet he still found it important to have a dig at us. Loser. Great entertainment watching him get wound up then lose it yesterday

Him and McGowan were pictured everywhere with the 1-5 symbol, he deserved all the abuse he got yesterday

Jonnyboy
22-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Him and McGowan were pictured everywhere with the 1-5 symbol, he deserved all the abuse he got yesterday

Have to say, that level of abuse really disappointed me :agree:

Shoulda been much louder and longer :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Have to say, that level of abuse really disappointed me :agree
Shoulda been much louder and longer :greengrin

Jonnyboy, I don't want to go back to that awful day in May 2011, but I'd forgotten how poor Grainger was as a player. He's absolutely terrible

Jonnyboy
22-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Jonnyboy, I don't want to go back to that awful day in May 2011, but I'd forgotten how poor Grainger was as a player. He's absolutely terrible

:agree:

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 08:25 PM

I'll see Ryan in a few weeks time, his last derby was a defeat in the Scottish Cup

Aldo
22-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Just showed the character of him tbh couldn't handle the way his current team were getting pumped.

Karma.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2013, 08:27 PM
I'll see Ryan in a few weeks time, his last derby was a defeat in the Scottish Cup

Please oblige me by mentioning it a few times :wink:

Billy Whizz
22-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Please oblige me by mentioning it a few times :wink:

It still hurts him ha ha
Will do. Still got the video on my phone of the last min, where he boots Cairney up and down near the corner flag. Should have been another red for him/Hearts. How many red cards have they got off with in Derby's

clerriehibs
23-09-2013, 07:06 AM
He was getting it really tight from everyone in the East.

Also I saw him getting screamed at by the St Mirren fans as well. In the first half when he collided with Robertson and went over to check on him while the game was still in play, a good number of St Mirren fans were going nuts at him for checking if Robertson was ok rather than focusing on the game.

If a hibs player took time out while the ball was in play to check on an opponent who'd taken nothing more than a 'sair yin', I'd be screaming at him too.

MB62
23-09-2013, 07:56 AM
On a slightly different topic to the sending off, I though Maybury was outstanding on Saturday, possibly even MOTM for me. Reading the Scottish Hun this morning, Bill Leckie gives him 6 out of 10 saying he was the obvious weak link. I must have been at a different game to him :confused:

Hibbyradge
23-09-2013, 07:58 AM
If a hibs player took time out while the ball was in play to check on an opponent who'd taken nothing more than a 'sair yin', I'd be screaming at him too.

No room for common decency in football!

#FromTheCapital
23-09-2013, 08:01 AM
If he was taking a quick freekick and Maybury got in the road Maybury would get a yellow and that would be that.

The force, and direction Grainger hit the ball shows he wasn't taking a freekick to any of his players, he's either aiming for Maybury or trying to kill someone in the west.

Also, Grainger was clearly wound up by the foul from Maybury that led to the free kick in the first place. There's no argument there, its a definite sending off :fenlon

Ritchie
23-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Was anyone else expecting a 5-1 gesture whilst he walked off the pitch???

i was astounded that he didn't react to the fans.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2013, 08:10 AM

He did react. He mouthed "F*** off". :agree:

ManBearPig
23-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Bitter ex-jambo jealous the fact his sister Hermione is better at fitbaw.

hfc rd
23-09-2013, 10:57 AM

I thought he was going to do it. Would have laughed even more if he did so.

nonshinyfinish
23-09-2013, 10:53 PM
On a slightly different topic to the sending off, I though Maybury was outstanding on Saturday, possibly even MOTM for me. Reading the Scottish Hun this morning, Bill Leckie gives him 6 out of 10 saying he was the obvious weak link. I must have been at a different game to him :confused:

Well, the obvious answer is that he wasn't at the game at all.