PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
21-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Williams 7 no saves to make but some great takes from crosses.

Stevenson 8 when's he last had a bad game? So composed.
Hanlon 8
Nelson 8 totally dominant in the air and on the ground. Some loose passes
Maybury 8 probably our best defender, and made that second goal. the best I've seen him play.

Craig 9 MOTM. Outstanding.
Taiwo 7 a few slack passes but won the battle with their best player McGowan.
Thomson 7 Strolled it.
Robertson 8

Heffernan 8 some lovely touches and seems to be a player that makes other players better.
Collins 8 best performance yet.

Zoubir- everyone wants to give him the ball. Just a sensational 12 minutes. A big show off:not worth
Stanton- beat his man again and again. Deserves a start vs Stranraer IMO.

Really really enjoyed it. Decent atmosphere, comedy villain in Grainger and Goodwin, outstanding performance:flag:

Col2
21-09-2013, 05:31 PM

Hanlon 8
Maybury 8 probably our best defender, and made that second goal. the best I've seen him play.

Thomson 7 Strolled it.
Robertson 8

Heffernan 8 some lovely touches and seems to be a player that makes other players better.

Zoubir- everyone wants to give him the ball. Just a sensational 12 minutes. A big show off:not worth

Really really enjoyed it. Decent atmosphere, comedy villain in Grainger and Goodwin, outstanding performance:flag:

Yup can't disagree with any of that. Robertson work rate is incredible and clearly has a real goal threat in him like Craig.

patch1875
21-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Pretty much spot on although I'd have maybury mom

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Hanlon 8

Thomson 7 Strolled it.
Robertson 8

I'd have switched the Maybury-Craig rating but otherwise pretty much spot on.

hibee_girl
21-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Williams 7 - never looked troubled

Maybury 9 - strolled it today, my MOM
Nelson 8 - looked a lot more composed today
Hanlon 6 - I thought Hanlon was a bit shaky today, nothing major just not up to his usual standards
Stevenson 8 - another solid game from him

Robertson 7 - played well, got stuck in when needed
Thomson 7 - did ok but felt he was holding back a bit today
Taiwo 8 - great game
Craig 8 - he's coming onto his game now

Heffernan 8 - played well, stronger than he looks so holds the ball up well
Collins 8 - best game from him yet, he could have had more than one goal today.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:40 PM

Hanlon 8

Thomson 7 Strolled it.
Robertson 8

120% agree with all of that.

Liams
21-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Stevenson 9 So composed and playing on his weaker side. Great tackle near the end.
Hanlon 7 did well, clean sheet.
Nelson 7 totally dominant in the air ... but he is so hopeless at long passes, proper lead foot!
Maybury 9 made that second goal and also helped the cb pairing alot
Craig 9 Top drawer performance - MOTM
Thomson 7 he makes it look soo easy
Robertson 8 played his part well, helped maybury and collins, and was desparate for a clear shot on goal!

Heffernan 8 some lovely touches and seems to be a player that makes other players better, pitty about missed timed runs, but could easily of bagged a hattrick!
Collins 8 best performance yet, ran down everything, playing for the shirt, unlucky with his turn and shot after he scored.

Zoubir- I love this guy, i was praying he wouldnt be a flop, a bit of flair that we needed, can see him creating alot of space for others in the team as st mirren instantly doubled up on him with in 2 mins of him comming on!
Stanton- great perfomance, didnt hide, showed he wants more game time!

hibbysam
21-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Williams 7 - never looked troubled

Maybury 9 - strolled it today, my MOM
Nelson 8 - looked a lot more composed today
Hanlon 6 - I thought Hanlon was a bit shaky today, nothing major just not up to his usual standards
Stevenson 8 - another solid game from him

Robertson 7 - played well, got stuck in when needed
Thomson 7 - did ok but felt he was holding back a bit today
Taiwo 8 - great game
Craig 8 - he's coming onto his game now

Heffernan 8 - played well, stronger than he looks so holds the ball up well
Collins 8 - best game from him yet, he could have had more than one goal today.

I thought hanlon was faultless today after a shaky first five minutes!! Lost track of how many times he put in blocks at the edge of the area to stop shots and between him and Nelson never have Thompson a squeek

lucky
21-09-2013, 05:50 PM
7s for everyone and 8 for Maybury. Best 90 minutes of the season. Also the strongest bench we have had in years.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Stevenson 9 So composed and playing on his weaker side. Great tackle near the end.
Hanlon 7 did well, clean sheet.
Nelson 7 totally dominant in the air ... but he is so hopeless at long passes, proper lead foot!
Maybury 9 made that second goal and also helped the cb pairing alot
Craig 9 Top drawer performance - MOTM
Thomson 7 he makes it look soo easy
Robertson 8 played his part well, helped maybury and collins, and was desparate for a clear shot on goal!

Heffernan 8 some lovely touches and seems to be a player that makes other players better, pitty about missed timed runs, but could easily of bagged a hattrick!
Collins 8 best performance yet, ran down everything, playing for the shirt, unlucky with his turn and shot after he scored.

Zoubir- I love this guy, i was praying he wouldnt be a flop, a bit of flair that we needed, can see him creating alot of space for others in the team as st mirren instantly doubled up on him with in 2 mins of him comming on!
Stanton- great perfomance, didnt hide, showed he wants more game time!

I thought Stevenson's weaker side is the right as he's left footed?

Purehibee_MYB
21-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Williams- 7. Did what little he had to do

Maybury- 9. Confident, assured and just all round fantastic. MOTM.
Nelson- 7. Did his job of clearing his line but distribution at times was poor.
Hanlon-7. See Nelson. More shaky moments however but distribution was better.
Stevenson-8. Got forward plenty. But decisions were sometimes wrong. Still a solid game.

Robertson-8. Solid game. Got stuck in.
Taiwo- 7. Sometimes lacking the right ball. But got stuck in and won his individual battles.
Thomson-8. See Taiwo but more successful pass rate I'd assume.
Craig-8.5. Always looked to get forward. Good final ball and always looking to cause the keeper trouble. Unlucky with his 50 yard attempt!

Heffernan-8. Fantastic movement at times and link up. Unlucky not to get 2 goals really.
Collins-8. Great touch and like Heff good movement. Could be a great partnership.

Zoubir-7. Looks to beat his man and create space which is what we need.
Stanton-7. Same as Zoubir he took his man on and went on a couple of very nice runs.

All in all a great performance and hopefully can kick on and keep it up! :flag:

WhileTheChief..
21-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Really enjoyed it today, best game at ER for what seems like years.

Looks like the players all know what they are doing now and were going about things with a lot more purpose.

Back four were solid and never in any danger of conceding. I really like Nelson, a good solid centre half, nothing fancy but cleared everything that came near him. I don't mind the fact that he can't pass!

Maybury was excellent, my MOM.

Collins and Hefferman look great up front. Loads of movement and tremendous effort from both. They will be a huge success if we could give them more opportunities. Top marks to Robertson and Craig too.

Taiwo and Thomson were the weakest part of the team for me today. They didn't do anything wrong but I'd rather see them get forward more and make more killer passes instead of playing it across the middle. I'm probably being a bit harsh, maybe it's just that the rest of team played so well in comparison.

Some nice touches from Zoubir when he came on. Looks confident and comfortable on the ball. Crowd seemed to get a buzz from him in a similar way to when Zemmama was on form.

Overall a great result and performance and Easter Rd was a much happier place than I can remember for a while.

neil7908
21-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Hanlon 8

Thomson 7 Strolled it.
Robertson 8

Agree with pretty much everything here. In particular I think the description of Heffernan is accurate. I actually thought he could have done better when he had the ball in very promising positions a couple of times but he seems to have made a big difference to the attack.

Ricky Bobby
21-09-2013, 07:39 PM
I would not be giving anyone 8s or 9s for today, but that said, solid performances from the whole team. Sevens all round for me.
Taiwo, Collins, Craig and Maybury deserve a little 1/2 point extra

wookie70
21-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Williams 7 Quiet day for him, took crosses well all day

Stevenson 8 Solid as ever and distribution pretty decent. Looks like he has been working on his right foot too
Hanlon 6 Decent game but didn't think he played as well as he has been
Nelson 8 Very strong under the high ball on on the deck. Interesting weight of passs in 1st half but kept ball well in 2nd half
Maybury 8 Excellent, Overlapping run for goal and won nearly every battle with his opponent. Provided cover for Centre half and worked well with Robertson

Craig 9 Some great deliveries, superb work rate and starting to look like the player we expected. Edged MOTM over Maybury
Taiwo 8 Got forward more than normal and buzzed about all day.
Thomson 7 Looked like he enjoyed himself today and hardly wasted a pass.
Robertson 7 Bags of energy and huge effort but thought he wasn't as effective going forward as he can be

Heffernan 8sclever player and makes loads of good decisions. Excellent again today
Collins 8 The best he has played. Fought for everything and chased lost causes. This week he did well with the ball too

Zoubir- Might have been even better than last week and packed loads of action into 12 mins
Stanton- Looked decent and better than he did in the U20s midweek

Pat - 9 The Team looked like they knew what they were doing and worked really hard. I thought he was right to start with the same team as last week as consistent selection has been one of the issues imo. Used the subs well and Zoubir was stripped to come on earlier but held off due to Saints earning a couple of set pieces.

Officials -7 Kept the game going well but would like to see a couple of the offsides again

TrinityHibs
21-09-2013, 08:12 PM
No passengers today. Thought Robertson and Craig were outstanding. 90 minutes of aggression, protection and desire to go forward. On saying that thought Maybury was the MOM. Best team performance at ER for a long time.

Pete
21-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Williams 7 Quiet day for him, took crosses well all day

Stevenson 8 Solid as ever and distribution pretty decent. Looks like he has been working on his right foot too
Hanlon 6 Decent game but didn't think he played as well as he has been
Nelson 8 Very strong under the high ball on on the deck. Interesting weight of passs in 1st half but kept ball well in 2nd half
Maybury 8 Excellent, Overlapping run for goal and won nearly every battle with his opponent. Provided cover for Centre half and worked well with Robertson

Craig 9 Some great deliveries, superb work rate and starting to look like the player we expected. Edged MOTM over Maybury
Taiwo 8 Got forward more than normal and buzzed about all day.
Thomson 7 Looked like he enjoyed himself today and hardly wasted a pass.
Robertson 7 Bags of energy and huge effort but thought he wasn't as effective going forward as he can be

Heffernan 8sclever player and makes loads of good decisions. Excellent again today
Collins 8 The best he has played. Fought for everything and chased lost causes. This week he did well with the ball too

Zoubir- Might have been even better than last week and packed loads of action into 12 mins
Stanton- Looked decent and better than he did in the U20s midweek

Pat - 9 The Team looked like they knew what they were doing and worked really hard. I thought he was right to start with the same team as last week as consistent selection has been one of the issues imo. Used the subs well and Zoubir was stripped to come on earlier but held off due to Saints earning a couple of set pieces.

Officials -7 Kept the game going well but would like to see a couple of the offsides again

Nelson: "interesting weight of pass in the first half" :-)

He reminds me of a golfer who reaches the green and pulls out a driver sometimes. There seemed to be a transformation in the second half where he showed some deft touches and was fairly accurate with his distribution. Ridiculous to the sublime.

3pm
21-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I think some of the marks are a bit high considering we played a pish St Mirren team.

Maybury was really good, 8 for me. 7's for the majority....I like Hanlon but he was a bit hit and miss for me, especially the first 20 mins, so a 6.

Brightside
21-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Yup can't disagree with any of that. Robertson work rate is incredible and clearly has a real goal threat in him like Craig.

I would have had Maybury as MOM - had the perfect game today. Thomson was really quiet today and didnt look 100%. BUT i still have no idea why Fenlon waited till 80 mins to make the change. When you are 2-0 against a poor team like St Mirren you have a chance to really batter them. I just wish he would have bigger bollix now and then.

Hanlon was certainly better than Nelson. There was a couple of errors from Paul but he also blocked about a dozen attacks. Nelson was fine and steady but his passing is so poor.

marinello59
21-09-2013, 09:17 PM
I would have had Maybury as MOM - had the perfect game today. Thomson was really quiet today and didnt look 100%. BUT i still have no idea why Fenlon waited till 80 mins to make the change. When you are 2-0 against a poor team like St Mirren you have a chance to really batter them. I just wish he would have bigger bollix now and then.

Hanlon was certainly better than Nelson. There was a couple of errors from Paul but he also blocked about a dozen attacks. Nelson was fine and steady but his passing is so poor.

We were winning 2-0 and didn't look in any danger of losing the match. Why did Fenlon need to change things? I have been a critic of our manager but today he got it right.

hibsbollah
21-09-2013, 09:18 PM
I think some of the marks are a bit high considering we played a pish St Mirren team.

Maybury was really good, 8 for me. 7's for the majority....I like Hanlon but he was a bit hit and miss for me, especially the first 20 mins, so a 6.

We played a poor team, yes, but we blew them away. 4-0 would be a fair reflection and the players and the manager deserve plenty of credit.

Brightside
21-09-2013, 09:30 PM
We were winning 2-0 and didn't look in any danger of losing the match. Why did Fenlon need to change things? I have been a critic of our manager but today he got it right.

If he had brought Zouby on not long after we went 2 up we'd have ripped them apart.