PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound - again.

tamig
21-09-2013, 05:21 PM
None of the so called studio pundits at the game today yet theyre still ripping into PF. Bottom line appears to be that Hibs dont seem to be a team that have a clue what theyre doing. What a bunch of ham shanks. Thats not what I witnessed today anyway. Wtf is this vendetta about?

Glesgahibby
21-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm really sick to death of this mob.what the fck was that from stewart and Keith Jackson.
im actually shaking with rage,what a pair of €$¥?!!,.S.

green day
21-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Didn't hear any interview with pat after game either. Its actually quite funny - they will criticise pat for "inability to change tactics" and then do exactly the same in a journalistic sense - I.e. they can't bring themselves to say ' we might have got it wrong '.

By the way, I wanted rid of pat - let's hope I got it wrong, and if this is a sustained revival, I will be quite happy to say I was wrong.

Don't expect BBC to say those words though.

Also, was I the only person who wondered if Butcher is in danger of disappearing up his own ********? All that "my players are quite clever off the park......crows in the desert" pish??

coco22
21-09-2013, 05:32 PM
If I listen to them I get peed off. Radio gets switched after off the ball.

Duffys13
None of the so called studio pundits at the game today yet theyre still ripping into PF. Bottom line appears to be that Hibs dont seem to be a team that have a clue what theyre doing. What a bunch of ham shanks. Thats not what I witnessed today anyway. Wtf is this vendetta about?

Listened in on the way home and I agree.No interviews from ER, interview with both Butcher and Mccinnes from same game and a plug for phone in where someone thinks Fenlon is not the man.

Nuitdelune
If I heard correctly, MS said that John Collins said to him I want to build a team round you so I want you to sign as new contract, when explaining what happened with the players and John Collins. Surely not.............

Borderhibbie76
21-09-2013, 05:34 PM
It was unbelievable anti hibs stuff again. ..so much so even non hibs fans were texting in saying they found their comments disgusting!!

col02
21-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Too many former Hearts associated pundits for there to be impartiality on the show sadly. I personally feel the way they go after people like Pat Fenlon and Danny Lennon in particular is shameful! When will the worm turn against Locke who probably still has as good a budget as the likes of St Mirren or Kilmarnock? Instead we are fed the "poor Hearts having to play kids" line week in week out. The Hearts *******s cheated in the past by paying money they did not have yet the amount of sympathy given to them is disgusting especially on Sportsound.

gillythehibby
21-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Didn't hear any interview with pat after game either. Its actually quite funny - they will criticise pat for "inability to change tactics" and then do exactly the same in a journalistic sense - I.e. they can't bring themselves to say ' we might have got it wrong '.

By the way, I wanted rid of pat - let's hope I got it wrong, and if this is a sustained revival, I will be quite happy to say I was wrong.

Don't expect BBC to say those words though.

Also, was I the only person who wondered if Butcher is in danger of disappearing up his own ********? All that "my players are quite clever off the park......crows in the desert" pish??

Hopefully pat wil carry on with his "inability to change tactics" and we win 2-0 every week, we'll take that. Ignore sportsound. They canny even put our game on live. Fk them.

Elephant Stone
21-09-2013, 05:51 PM
It was very funny. Unbeaten in the five and they want to talk about how we've got the wrong manager.

green day
21-09-2013, 05:57 PM
It was very funny. Unbeaten in the five and they want to talk about how we've got the wrong manager.

It is odd though? Surely they had Celtics magnificent defeat midweek, or the Jambo's "young guns" to jizz all over - so why pick on a team on a roll?

I don't buy any conspiracy stuff - they are just devoid of anything exciting to say!

Hibercelona
21-09-2013, 05:58 PM
They were furious that we won today and their grotty cheating club lost.

Long may the fury continue.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Slowly it surely everything is getting dragged down to the lowest common demoninator. Can only imagine the bbc tow a fine line between appealing to the masses and impartiality dunno if the license fee will continue in its current form which may influence matters.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Don't know why anyone would bother listening to that garbage for a second, never mind a full coverage. The guys on the air there are a bunch of absolute idiots.

Glesgahibby
21-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Too many former Hearts associated pundits for there to be impartiality on the show sadly. I personally feel the way they go after people like Pat Fenlon and Danny Lennon in particular is shameful! When will the worm turn against Locke who probably still has as good a budget as the likes of St Mirren or Kilmarnock? Instead we are fed the "poor Hearts having to play kids" line week in week out. The Hearts *******s cheated in the past by paying money they did not have yet the amount of sympathy given to them is disgusting especially on Sportsound.
For years "as we all know"they spent money no one outside the OF could compete with.
For years"as we all know" the BBC pundits slated Hibs for not spending more money to compete.
Now we have a situation were this has caught up with Hearts"as we all know" and they are praised
for battling there way towards zero points!!!!
We also have a situation were Hibs are starting to turn a corner and have added some decent quality
to the squad and according to Stewart and Jackson that's not good enough.

Aldo
21-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Don't listen to it anymore and haven't done so for a long time. I did commit the cardinal sin after the games and managed to hear The Wee Fat Ones report on the Yams game. He was about greeting. I was pissing masel laughing. They have been very negative bout Hibs for a long long time. What was the score today. Nuff said

Edit: to those that listen to it have they ever mentioned the missing monies and the robbing if charities by the yams?

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2013, 06:12 PM
i don't think that the content of this programme would change even if the presenters were told that no one was listening. At best, it is like listening to a table of pals falling in and falling out with each other while watching the football in the pub on a Sunday efty when every pint count as two cos of what you have had on a Saturday night.

Miguel
21-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I actually thought Stewart made some valid points about how Hibs have grossly underperformed for far too long, given the assets we have as a club and with Edinburgh as a city.
If they had spoken about Pat Fenlon in relation to him being in the same position recently which Danny Lennon, the main target tonight, is now, then fair enough, but this was a reheat of comments made by Stewart on the telly a fortnight ago.
There seems to be a pattern emerging recently of missing interviews, not showing goals and general dismissive ness. Don't know what's going on.

GreenOnions
21-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Just to be a bit contrary .................

I actually think the level of discussion on Sportsound has risen of late with the introduction of Michael Stewart and Kenny Shiels.

I certainly don't agree with everything they say but their opinions are considered and well presented. It's much more interesting than listening to that old bar-room slugger halfwit James Traynor who liked to pretend he was a working class intellectual still prepared to get down and dirty with the proles. His show was simply an embarassment for Scotland.

Let's face it - many on here have doubted Pat fenlon over the last twelve months so it's not really surprising that some on Radio Scotland do either.

However, these journalists are generally behind the curve on things like this compared to fans who watch every week. Those who watched the game today will have been encouraged but I don't think either MS or KJ attended the match.

FWIW - I do think there are signs that Pat might be starting to get a good team together and maybe Radio Scotland will acknowledge this when it is sustained.

Glesgahibby
21-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I actually thought Stewart made some valid points about how Hibs have grossly underperformed for far too long, given the assets we have as a club and with Edinburgh as a city.
If they had spoken about Pat Fenlon in relation to him being in the same position recently which Danny Lennon, the main target tonight, is now, then fair enough, but this was a reheat of comments made by Stewart on the telly a fortnight ago.
There seems to be a pattern emerging recently of missing interviews, not showing goals and general dismissive ness. Don't know what's going on.
The main problem for me is the double standard and the lack of balance.

oregonhibby
21-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I thought it was a disgrace. They are supposed to report not create news. It would appear that the editorial policy at the BBC is to get managers the sack.

wearethehibs
21-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Im on the same stuff as Mikey tonight lads!

Just bumped into Murinho. He's building the Chelsea team around me.

Might wait to see what else is on offer though

carnoustiehibee
21-09-2013, 06:39 PM
a wise man once said

"the monkeys laugh in the trees while the lion roars below"

dp00
21-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I thought some of the stuff said was fair... and could be the opinion of a fair few hibs fans..

Also good to hear stewart being honest about collins debate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Alfred E Newman
21-09-2013, 07:01 PM

I don't care for the guy but I tend to agree with a lot of his comments today. He is correct to say that Hibs have under performed for far too long and the in the 2 years Fenlon has been here there is still no obvious style or pattern of play developing other than hard graft despite the signing of some very good players. What I don't agree with is Stewart coming on progammes like Sportsound and being allowed to make some very insulting statements about Fenlon and even worse being allowed to slag off John Collins in the way that he did. I hope John Collins takes the BBC to task over this . I am sure John would have plenty to say about Stewart though being a gentleman it is unlikely he would air his views in public.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2013, 07:23 PM
I thought some of the stuff said was fair... and could be the opinion of a fair few hibs fans..

Exactly. We've done nothing yet, when we're actually in the league position we should be given the resources we have and they're still slagging us then it's time to rip into them. No-one's going to slag off Hibs when we're sitting in 2nd/3rd place and it'll be great to hear them eating their words.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 07:31 PM

I may be way off the mark here as I didn't hear the coverage whilst it was on air but why was Michael Stewart speaking about something which happened six years ago, when he's supposed to be on the radio providing analysis on games that were played today? :confused:

jabis
21-09-2013, 07:36 PM
get a life folks.

green day
21-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I may be way off the mark here as I didn't hear the coverage whilst it was on air but why was Michael Stewart speaking about something which happened six years ago, when he's supposed to be on the radio providing analysis on games that were played today? :confused:

Because he is a cock

jabis
21-09-2013, 07:51 PM

M.S. mentioned something(havn't heard it by the way),about something he was involved in(as a player 6yrs ago) ,BUT YOU, comes on here and crucifies Hibs and PF............takes the huff :confused:

lord bunberry
21-09-2013, 07:54 PM
£3.99 a month gets you hibs interactive, the club gets some cash and you don't have to listen to the bbc, everyone's a winner.

jabis
21-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Because he is a cock

cracking goal against the dons :aok:

or does that not count on your planet :confused:

yes I'm in a bad mood :greengrin

Hibercelona
21-09-2013, 07:59 PM

One of the best goals i've ever witnessed in real time. :agree: I don't completely disagree with what Michael Stewart has to say, but he's a hertz duck non the less.

Northernhibee
21-09-2013, 08:00 PM
If they're going to dish it out then they should similarly give credit where it's due. Five undefeated and two very good performances on the trot.

It wouldn't surprise me if PF has done something to annoy them - PF seems quite a straight talker from previous interviews and doesn't take fools gladly - the way that they go on seems more personal than anything else.

weecounty hibby
21-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Hibs win, Hearts lose. Whats with the bad mood?

jabis
21-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Hibs win, Hearts lose. Whats with the bad mood?

:greengrin......just winding up the complainers :agree: actually rather squiffy and happy at the moment :greengrin

The Sea-gull
21-09-2013, 08:15 PM
I have been critical of the bbc for their blatant dislike of hibs for quite a while now but actually enjoyed the show tonight. Stewart and Shiels are just honest though I do feel that Kenny McIntyre stirs it a bit. I have lost count of the number of times this year he has done a show with Stewart and managed to get the John Collins stuff in. Don't think Stewart has said anything that bad. He states that we are a good club who should be doing better. True. He says that he does not see Pat as the man long term. A view shared by many Hibs fans and a view that has foundation at the moment. Don't know why the bbc are so anti hibs though. It does run right through their programmes and presenters from Cowan, Cosgrove, Gordon, Mcleod, Sutherland and McIntyre. Not to mention their collection of ex-yams. If it is to annoy us and create threads like this then it has succeeded.

--------
21-09-2013, 08:17 PM
If they're going to dish it out then they should similarly give credit where it's due. Five undefeated and two very good performances on the trot.

It wouldn't surprise me if PF has done something to annoy them - PF seems quite a straight talker from previous interviews and doesn't take fools gladly - the way that they go on seems more personal than anything else.

They've been after Pat ever since he was appointed. According to Traynor and Co Hibs should have signed one of the unemployed (failed) members of the Largs Mafia instead of a 'foreigner' from Ireland. This went on for several weeks on BBC Scotland Radio - on one occasion they were actually touting Jimmy Calderwood for the job when he was in the studio listening to them. TBF to Tangoman he made it quite clear he didn't like them talking that way, and they shut up about it - for a while.

It really doesn't matter who BBC put on those programs - if they're invited in from the Scottish game they'll be very small fish from a rapidly-evaporating pond. Or insignificant nonentities, in other words.

That includes Stewart, who IMO would need a surgical operation (Me! Me! PLEASE let me do it! PLEEEEAAAASSSSE!) before he was capable of being impartial or fair to Hibs.
I do not like him even one tiny little bit. :fuming:

jabis
21-09-2013, 08:20 PM
They've been after Pat ever since he was appointed. According to Traynor and Co Hibs should have signed one of the unemployed (failed) members of the Largs Mafia instead of a 'foreigner' from Ireland. This went on for several weeks on BBC Scotland Radio - on one occasion they were actually touting Jimmy Calderwood for the job when he was in the studio listening to them. TBF to Tangoman he made it quite clear he didn't like them talking that way, and they shut up about it - for a while.

It really doesn't matter who BBC put on those programs - if they're invited in from the Scottish game they'll be very small fish from a rapidly-evaporating pond. Or insignificant nonentities, in other words.

That includes Stewart, who IMO would need a surgical operation (Me! Me! PLEASE let me do it! PLEEEEAAAASSSSE!) before he was capable of being impartial or fair to Hibs.
I do not like him even one tiny little bit. :fuming:

you Wee Free ? :greengrin

matty_f
21-09-2013, 08:27 PM
I was pretty annoyed about it. Another positive week for Hibs and the chat was about how Fenlon isn't the man for the job.
You'd have thought we'd been beaten.

monktonharp
21-09-2013, 08:32 PM
I have been critical of the bbc for their blatant dislike of hibs for quite a while now but actually enjoyed the show tonight. Stewart and Shiels are just honest though I do feel that Kenny McIntyre stirs it a bit. I have lost count of the number of times this year he has done a show with Stewart and managed to get the John Collins stuff in. Don't think Stewart has said anything that bad. He states that we are a good club who should be doing better. True. He says that he does not see Pat as the man long term. A view shared by many Hibs fans and a view that has foundation at the moment. Don't know why the bbc are so anti hibs though. It does run right through their programmes and presenters from Cowan, Cosgrove, Gordon, Mcleod, Sutherland and McIntyre. Not to mention their collection of ex-yams. If it is to annoy us and create threads like this then it has succeeded.the only time I can recall any thing good being said about Hibernian from that bunch o' tossers at sportsound, was during Mowbray's era and wee Chic said, if it's football you want to see, Easter Road is the place to see it. never listen to it, anti-Hibs imho

Hibernia Na Eir
21-09-2013, 08:36 PM
did anyone hear Robbo after the hearts Dingwall implosion? absolute devastation from him and utter bias. Again.

Pete
21-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Michael Stewart used the word "engendered".

That's probably enough to convince the BBC that he is worthy of a permanent position.

rcarter1
21-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Exactly. We've done nothing yet, when we're actually in the league position we should be given the resources we have and they're still slagging us then it's time to rip into them. No-one's going to slag off Hibs when we're sitting in 2nd/3rd place and it'll be great to hear them eating their words.

This. We've got some real big tests coming up in Aberdeen, Celtic and ICT. If we show up well in those, there's real progress.

MADE IN LEITH
21-09-2013, 09:17 PM
We have freedom of speech and freedom of choice in this country and I personally don't even give that pash of a program my ratings. Simply avoid the program at all costs and reduce stress levels by not listening to something that may well sound no better than a party political broadcast. In fact that's unfair, at least a party political broadcast has some sort of purpose and speaks a little sense.

Though maybe not in the below video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNJuP6m9JU

:cb

s.a.m
21-09-2013, 09:36 PM

He was specifically asked. Can't remember who asked him.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Fair enough.

dp00
21-09-2013, 09:52 PM

It came up about around a discussion aroind players getting a manager sacked or managers losing the dressing room

Irish_Steve
21-09-2013, 09:53 PM

To be fair, MS actually shinned it ;)

JimBHibees
21-09-2013, 09:54 PM

They were talking about managers losing the dressing room and Stewart was asked about his experience it sounded like it was a pre-planned discussion. Stewarts comnments about PF were poor IMO he should at least given him credit not this I cant see a philosophy hogwash.

skipster7
21-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I thought it was pretty interesting to hear him talking about the Collins era although i was oot wi the dug at that point :-).Completely disagreed with the presenter going back to it repeatedly. Wanted someone to phone up and get tore in.Stewart said Credit for recent run but Fenlon not the man to take Hibs where they should be. I look forward to seeing these views expressed about Mccoist in the near future:na na:

trev the hat
21-09-2013, 10:04 PM
£3.99 a month gets you hibs interactive, the club gets some cash and you don't have to listen to the bbc, everyone's a winner.

THIS
Sick of hearing posts about peeps not wanting to hear open all pash,pay ur 30-40 zonks help the club, listen all you want to fellow hibees win or lose & celebrate goals as they happen, knowing you can tune in as and when you choose.
Worth it just to not hear weegie keech IMO

Bishop Hibee
21-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Imagine these twats when Hertz go bust. A case of "get it right up them" GGTTH!

big-mo
21-09-2013, 10:15 PM
On a slightly different tangent but still involving the BBC, I was looking at the stats at the end of their on-line report, it claims the St Mirren had 55% possession in the game, can that be right? I would have put it a least 55% for us.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24098526

hibbymick
21-09-2013, 10:19 PM
I just had a look at the stats on the BBC website , according to them St Mirren had 55% possession. Was I watching a different game :confused::confused:

hibbymick
21-09-2013, 10:19 PM
On a slightly different tangent but still involving the BBC, I was looking at the stats at the end of their on-line report, it claims the St Mirren had 55% possession in the game, can that be right? I would have put it a least 55% for us.

:greengrin

07hibee
21-09-2013, 11:19 PM

That Tam Cowans the same, listened to him on the radio on way to the game,made about 4 or 5 really **** jokes about Hibs in 20 mins then started on people from Edinburgh ,what a nob jockey

basehibby
21-09-2013, 11:50 PM
I just had a look at the stats on the BBC website , according to them St Mirren had 55% possession. Was I watching a different game :confused::confused:

That is just plain wrong! The scoreline, the other stats and the match report itself make that abundantly clear.

BBC Scotland Sports Dept - setting new lows in standards of professionalism and level of attention to detail.

tamig
21-09-2013, 11:50 PM
THIS
Sick of hearing posts about peeps not wanting to hear open all pash,pay ur 30-40 zonks help the club, listen all you want to fellow hibees win or lose & celebrate goals as they happen, knowing you can tune in as and when you choose.
Worth it just to not hear weegie keech IMO
This was during the phone in part of the programme at the back of 6 tbf.

delbert
22-09-2013, 12:17 AM
This was during the phone in part of the programme at the back of 6 tbf.

What was faintly hilarious was Stewart and Jackson saying Hibs have no philosophy of how to play under Fenlon. The next caller on was a Sheep fan saying how their fans are buying into McInnes philosophy and they couldn't wait to agree - this will be the philosophy that was such an utter and abject failure at Bristol City ! Largs mafia right enough, even Scottish failures are apparently better than Fenlon. Sportsound, biased, unprofessional and utter drivel

NOLA
22-09-2013, 01:05 AM
its the BBC, hibs are the in club to rip the pish out of, if your gonna have a seethe about it just dont listen in, simples.

Pete
22-09-2013, 01:14 AM
its the BBC, hibs are the in club to rip the pish out of, if your gonna have a seethe about it just dont listen in, simples.

What other radio station can you listen to that gives you comprehensive coverage of all the games? More often than not this is the only option.

A national broadcaster should provide an unbiased service, not this hearts love-in that we are subjected to on a weekly basis.

Russ
22-09-2013, 02:33 AM

They're only going by 90 plus % of the comments on here.

Niffy
22-09-2013, 03:58 AM
I tuned into radio when I could from wedding, and to be fair Chick Young mentioned every time something like "...but this is a far better, energised Hibs side today "

SouthMoroccoStu
22-09-2013, 07:44 AM

That can't be right.....complexing

The BBC Scotland team lost me earlier this year when their April fool prank was to award hibs the win over hearts for the Leigh Griffiths free kick that wasn't over the line.

Very good.....almost had me there.....

Would they have dared to do this if it was Celtc vs Newco?

I highly doubt it

From some reason they have dicided to fill the studio and reporter positions with ex jambos and that's there choice. They won't be getting me to add to there ratings

We need to keep working on our game and keep getting the results

That will make them look even more clueless and annoy them in the process

GGTTH

Zondervan
22-09-2013, 08:00 AM

Not sticking up for the BBC in any way, but these figures are compiled by the Press Association and are used by various media outlets.

Still no idea how they came up the 55% figure for this game though!

ALF TUPPER
22-09-2013, 08:22 AM
I tuned into radio when I could from wedding, and to be fair Chick Young mentioned every time something like "...but this is a far better, energised Hibs side today "

:agree: Spot on .......
Chick Young was waxing lyrical about how good Hibs were. During the game nothing was said that I took exception to. Was all positive IIRC.
However .......

The pop at Hibs began, after the football,when the next programme started and they started talking about managers losing the dressing room.
Michael Stewart was then drawn into taking a pop at John Collins, meetings behind the managers back etc/..... After years of denying he was involved he finally admits he was culpable. The man is an :idiot:

steakbake
22-09-2013, 08:22 AM
I think the 55% figure is about right. We saw a lot more of the ball in the second half but I thought in the first half we were containing them quite a bit. We looked more dangerous on the break.

Second half was more balanced and I reckon in the last 20 mins we had more of the ball.

Glesgahibby
22-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Stewart commented"I had no problem with Collins for 5 months"
He then boasted that Collins wanted to build a team around him.
He then moaned that Collins took a dislike to him for not deciding on a new contract.
Stewart then asks Keith Jackson to confirm that none of the players liked Collins.
Remember this is the keith Jackson who told us Scott brown and Kevin Thomson
Were off to oldco for 2mill.
I am confused at what point did the players take a dislike to Collins?
Was it after 5 months,same as Stewart ?
And who gave Keith Jackson this info,I wonder :rolleyes:

Treadstone
22-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Before the 2012 semi versus Aberdeen, Pat made a comment about how 'certain people in the media' wanted Hibs to lose. It was a general quote but in my opinion directed at 'Sportsound' and boy did it hit its target. They've never gave him any credit since and because he takes it on the chin they have mistaken this for a soft target. As many have said they wouldn't dream of saying this about an old firm manager.

I look forward to their breakdown of Golden Garys time wasting substitution with 3mins to play, sending on a player with 15mins experience to see out a 1-0 lead while more experienced players were left on the bench.

clerriehibs
22-09-2013, 09:00 AM

I had an ear phone in for most of the game yesterday. Apart from reporting incidents, chico's comments were all about st mirren's performance. I know he's a st mirren fan (a blue nosed one) but he's not the only bbc pundit who tends to dwell on how good/bad the opposition are whoever Hibs are playing.

clerriehibs
22-09-2013, 09:02 AM
He then moaned that Collins took a dislike to him for not deciding on a new contract.
Stewart then asks Keith Jackson to confirm that none of the players liked Collins.

"I coulda bin a contender"

What a crap boast when you were not good enough to stay in the game until you were at least 30.

Treadstone
22-09-2013, 09:09 AM
"I coulda bin a contender"

What a crap boast when you were not good enough to stay in the game until you were at least 30.

Did you know he used to play for Man U ? Never mentions it himself.:wink:

marinello59
22-09-2013, 09:20 AM

:agree:
I didn't think it was that bad. Stewart merely repeated a view held by many posters on here. And there were enough comments made about how much Hibs had improved on the park. It's a discussion programme, you will hear stuff you disagree with.

GraniteCityHibs
22-09-2013, 09:45 AM
:agree:
I didn't think it was that bad. Stewart merely repeated a view held by many posters on here. And there were enough comments made about how much Hibs had improved on the park. It's a discussion programme, you will hear stuff you disagree with.

I didn't think the content of what they said was that bad. If that's their opinion then fair enough, that's what they are there to give.

They agreed that Hibs have played well recently and turned it round after the opening games but shared a view of many Hibs fans that PF is still not the manager to take us forward. However like some have said I wonder how likely they'll be to give Hibs/ PF credit if this is a long term improvement.

Stewart then gave an account of his view of events around the Collins era which was interesting yet unsurprising as we've all heard it before. Again it's fair enough for that to be shared in that forum.

What I absolutely didn't understand was the context of it. WHY talk about that? It was bizarre. It seemed to be in the guise of talking about managers losing the dressing room but instead of discussing that phenomenon in general they ended up going into great detail about John Collins. The timing of it was completely ridiculous.

Very poorly managed discussion.

GraniteCityHibs
22-09-2013, 10:11 AM
One of the best goals i've ever witnessed in real time.

Shinned it.

Chump
22-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Mikey Stewart is trying to make a name for himself in his new role in the media - it is that simple. You don't do that by sitting on the fence.....only bold statements will do that with a little bit of controversy. Lots of Hibs fans will disagree with him but for me just don't pay too much attention. If we do we will be endanger of becoming the new Paranoid FC which would be the worst outcome!!

I was at the 2007 cup final courtesy of one of his best mates. MS sent him a text about 35 mins before kick off slagging off JC, his team mates, the formation and the training all week. And we all know what we went on to do!! He is a self obsessed individual and I've had the mispleasure of being in his company a number of times and his arrogance and self love says it all for me. He likes listening to his own voice and will continue to do so....don't bite as we're giving him what he wants!!

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Don't know why anyone would bother listening to that garbage for a second, never mind a full coverage. The guys on the air there are a bunch of absolute idiots.Correct, I find a bit odd that people will still listen tae that pish and then complain about what is on it when they already ken what'll be on it. Dinnae give them the time of day, who gives a **** what they think, bunch of ****in' tossers.

green day
22-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Correct, I find a bit odd that people will still listen tae that pish and then complain about what is on it when they already ken what'll be on it. Dinnae give them the time of day, who gives a **** what they think, bunch of ****in' tossers.

I agree.

But what annoys more is that this is a National Broadcaster - john o groats to gretna and all points between - and the massive issue here is that while WE know they may be talking ******, loads of people listen in and hear this stuff being spouted as fact - and even worse than the hibs stuff is the "hearts are so plucky" pish - with zero acknowledgement that it is their (and I include the fans) fault - and they deserve liquidation.

Some of us listened to roughie on central FM and it was great - but 99% of Scotland will listen to their 'impartial' pish.

Geo_1875
22-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree.

But what annoys more is that this is a National Broadcaster - john o groats to gretna and all points between - and the massive issue here is that while WE know they may be talking ******, loads of people listen in and hear this stuff being spouted as fact - and even worse than the hibs stuff is the "hearts are so plucky" pish - with zero acknowledgement that it is their (and I include the fans) fault - and they deserve liquidation.

Some of us listened to roughie on central FM and it was great - but 99% of Scotland will listen to their 'impartial' pish.

And the licence payers are paying their wages. I don't listen to them often but never fail to be annoyed when I do. I've also started recording Sportscene and fast forwarding past the punditry.

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I agree.

Some of us listened to roughie on central FM and it was great - but 99% of Scotland will listen to their 'impartial' pish.I still wouldnae bother about it TBH, our results and performances on the park will tell the real story one way or the other and there's nothing they can do tae influence that regardless of what pish they slaver. Let them bash on and ignore it and dinnae give them the time of day or attention they are looking for.

jacomo
22-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Shinned it.

He certainly did. It did look spectacular, but it was a fluke.

This is the same Michael Stewart who couldn't get in the team for the League Cup Final, now saying JC wanted to build a team around him?

Bostonhibby
22-09-2013, 12:51 PM
He certainly did. It did look spectacular, but it was a fluke.

This is the same Michael Stewart who couldn't get in the team for the League Cup Final, now saying JC wanted to build a team around him?

What next? We will be hearing about how Sir Alex missed his chance to do the same........... Self important sneak, nothing more.

TRC
22-09-2013, 04:18 PM
still reackon it's to do with Petrie and his role in the Rangers Saga.

ancient hibee
22-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Stewart the great underachiever.Jackson and his reprinting of Ibrox press releases"multimillionaire Craig Whyte".Who gives a s**t what either of them say.

JimBHibees
23-09-2013, 12:42 PM

His constant reference to Keith Jackson as Jacko did indeed seem to indicate there was a relationship of some sort there.