PDA

View Full Version : Alan Maybury

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Absolutely outstanding! The best I've ever seen him in a Hibs top. Simply had that Harkins in his back pocket throughout the game. Also loved the wee smile he gave the Hibs fans when he got that hearts b****** Grainger sent off and you could see he was quietly joining in with the cheerio chant.

hibee_girl
21-09-2013, 05:03 PM
He was my MOM today, he was outstanding.

I thought he'd got the 2nd goal as well and was delighted for him but it wasn't to be! :greengrin

coco22
21-09-2013, 05:05 PM
New lease of life for maybury I suppose. Maybe wasn't expecting to be heavily involved in first team fitba this season but has put himself at the front of the queue for the dreaded RB slot. Chuffed for him as he has had some big critics (guilty myself) after previous performances

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Absolutely outstanding! The best I've ever seen him in a Hibs top. Simply had that Harkins in his back pocket throughout the game. Also loved the wee smile he gave the Hibs fans when he got that hearts b****** Grainger sent off and you could see he was quietly joining in with the cheerio chant.

Let's put that straight now.

Maybury didn't get anyone sent off.

ano hibby
21-09-2013, 05:10 PM
He was very good. Solid defending when needed. Excellent overlapping on a few occasions. Made Heffs goal. Stood 1 yard in font of Grainger who blasted the free kick straight at him. Barely suppressed chuckle as he got a yellow following Graingers red.
:top marks

MWHIBBIES
21-09-2013, 05:11 PM
He was brilliant AGAIN, he was this good for large parts of last season as well as last week.

lucky
21-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Was my MOTM, played very well but then again can't say anyone was at least a 7

DaveF
21-09-2013, 05:21 PM

Correct. Grainger got himself sent off with a display of petulance I would have been proud of. Maybury's overall performance was excellent and his overlap and cross for the goal was brilliant.

Ryan91
21-09-2013, 05:21 PM

But his actions did frustrate Grainger to the point that said player's foolish actions resulted in a sending off

Pretty Boy
21-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Maybury has rarely let Hibs down.

Solid pro, good guy, good player.

wookie70
21-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Excellent performance again. Showed great experience tucking in and stopping one of St Mirrens very few really threatening attacks. I wonder if he is either fitter, more confident that the Centre Halves will do their jobs or comfortable that Robertson is their to help as he is playing far wider than last year. He is marking his man as opposed to tucking in and letting the opposition winger build up a head of steam. Delighted for him as he has suffered more abuse than most from the stands dispite a string of steady performances. I bet his legs will be feeling it tomorrow as will most of the lads.

DoonTheSlope
21-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Mom today. Top class

stoneyburn hibs
21-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Excellent today, played to his strengths with simple passing and is a great reader of the game.

mim
21-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Maybury was o/s. My mom by a distance. That's saying something, cos loads of candidates.

Dashing Bob S
Agreed. Maybury MOM by a mile. His best performance in a Hibs jersey.

neil7908
I didn't fancy giving Maybury another deal, even as a player coach but he was excellent today, as someone above said that's his best game in a Hibs shirt.

Stringer
21-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Rolling back the years, well done maybury. Hopefully Mullen was watching that performance

coco22
21-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Rolling back the years, well done maybury. Hopefully Mullen was watching that performance

definitely the kind of professional that Mullen can learn a lot from and aspire to be.

PeterboroHibee
21-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Ive always been a fan of Maybury, and think hes been quite reliable since he joined the club. The player/coach role seems to be perfect for him, and whilst I thought he might have just been cover, the fact is he is probably still our best option at RB (beyond playing Stevenson out of position there).

Purehibee_MYB
21-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Glad to see this thread created! He was outstanding today.. Glad to see it too. Surprised Irvine Welsh didn't pick him as MOTM. And like others I thought he scored the second and was delighted with him for a moment but still delighted for a second goal. Has to start in Inverness.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Maybury has rarely let Hibs down.

Solid pro, good guy, good player.

This. A player with the kind of attitude that he has is what we badly needed fair play to Pat to piecing things together. Ifs and buts - could on on-song Craig for half a season made the difference between top and bottom 6?

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Glad to see this thread created! He was outstanding today.. Glad to see it too. Surprised Irvine Welsh didn't pick him as MOTM. And like others I thought he scored the second and was delighted with him for a moment but still delighted for a second goal. Has to start in Inverness.

Who did Irvine choose as the MOTM? Then again, it was a really hard choice, all of them were absolutely excellent.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:46 PM
This. A player with the kind of attitude that he has is what we badly needed fair play to Pat to piecing things together. Ifs and buts - could on on-song Craig for half a season made the difference between top and bottom 6?

Probably but it was just poor decisions by the crap officials at Tannadice and the Edinburgh derby with the goal that never was.

hibee_girl
21-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Who did Irvine choose as the MOTM? Then again, it was a really hard choice, all of them were absolutely excellent.

Craig

Crab apple
21-09-2013, 06:25 PM

Glad you started this thread. We are a better team with Maybury playing. He organises things and is always talking to those around him. I also hope Nelson keeps his place. His passing wasn't the best again but he is strong, no nonsense and won most things in the air.

kaimendhibs
21-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Really pleased to see this thread. Alan Maybury was outstanding today and my MOM. Great to hear him getting praise on here and at the game.

Sent from my iphone

HibbyAndy
21-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Excellent today but Tom Tawio was MOTM. Best game in a Hibs jersey.

down-the-slope
21-09-2013, 08:40 PM
After that Cup Final it was clear (including to to Pat) that the culture in the dressing room of our club was all wrong AM has been one of those who has come in and been part of all that was missing - a professional attitude (even in the face of a lack of support from the stands at times) on and off the park. 2 weeks in a row his opposite number has been subbed. He brings a calmness to bear. His turn of pace for the overlap and assist was more that I thought he had as well.... More than happy that he is part of the coaching of the next generation (I think he will go far in coaching / management)

A bit of credit to Robertson for workrate and awareness that does not leave his full back exposed as well though

DaveF
21-09-2013, 08:48 PM
After that Cup Final it was clear (including to to Pat) that the culture in the dressing room of our club was all wrong AM has been one of those who has come in and been part of all that was missing - a professional attitude (even in the face of a lack of support from the stands at times) on and off the park. 2 weeks in a row his opposite number has been subbed. He brings a calmness to bear. His turn of pace for the overlap and assist was more that I thought he had as well.... More than happy that he is part of the coaching of the next generation (I think he will go far in coaching / management)

A bit of credit to Robertson for workrate and awareness that does not leave his full back exposed as well though

I was one who wasn't overly happy in giving Maybury a new contract as I thought he was finished, but there is little doubting his influence around the club off and on the field is very positive. He's a tough, niggly, son of a bitch on the park but looks like he has his head screwed on off it and like you DTS, I think he knows where he wants to be in terms of coaching \ management and I reckon he could do well given a break.

marinello59
21-09-2013, 09:00 PM
He was great last week in Perth too. My MOTM today.

Baldy Foghorn
21-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Maybury was o/s. My mom by a distance. That's saying something, cos loads of candidates.

Agree......

JimBHibees
21-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Agree what a great professional he is to be able to play so well at his age in the SPFL. Strolled the game and brilliant run to set up the second goal.

frazeHFC
21-09-2013, 10:00 PM
He was brilliant both in defence and attack, for now him and Stevenson thoroughly deserve to be at full back.

Bishop Hibee
21-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Excellent. Between him and Taiwo for MoM in my opinion.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Probably but it was just poor decisions by the crap officials at Tannadice and the Edinburgh derby with the goal that never was.

True I was thinking more in terms of what Pat can/could influence. He tried with Craig - Saintees held firm.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 10:10 PM
He was brilliant both in defence and attack, for now him and Stevenson thoroughly deserve to be at full back.

Yes Stevenson has quietly gone about his business. Doesn't tend to lettuce down either.

Wheat Hound
22-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes Stevenson has quietly gone about his business. Doesn't tend to lettuce down either.

and that's just the tip of the iceberg..........

Pretty Boy
22-09-2013, 12:10 AM

He's a little gem right enough.

Bay Area Hibees
22-09-2013, 02:46 AM
He's a little gem right enough.
Benefitting from not being chopped

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Outstanding is how I would describe Maybury against St.Mirren. Joint MOTM between him and Taiwo for me. Being honest I went tae the game thinking :yawn: but left with a different idea, best game we've played in however long and naebody would get less than a 7 from me.

tamig
22-09-2013, 02:56 AM

Totally agree. Noticed quite a few times today how Robertson and sometimes Taiwo as well tucked in to protect the right hand side. Excellent teamwork. The link up with Robertson and Maybury for the second goal was quite superb.

tamig
22-09-2013, 03:01 AM

Totally agree. Noticed quite a few times today how Robertson and sometimes Taiwo as well tucked in to protect the right hand side. Excellent teamwork. The link up with Robertson and Maybury for the second goal was quite superb.

KeithTheHibby
22-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Maybury was excellent yesterday. Makes you wonder why he wasn't playing at the start of season when PF was playing Mullen and Stevenson there.

Not that it's important there is a thread on kickback started yesterday morning slagging AM off. They really are a bunch of jealous, pathetic and deluded bunch over there.

Brightside
24-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Real shame he was subbed at half time today. Hopefully he wasnt injured as we lost all our shape in the second half with McGivern thinking he was a winger!

Hibbyradge
24-09-2013, 09:45 PM
McGivern was poor when he came on.

He needed the game time though.

--------
24-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Maybury was excellent yesterday. Makes you wonder why he wasn't playing at the start of season when PF was playing Mullen and Stevenson there.

Not that it's important there is a thread on kickback started yesterday morning slagging AM off. They really are a bunch of jealous, pathetic and deluded bunch over there.

Had a wee look. They're fighting among themselves about the Pieman and Potter now.

In about half an hour they'll have decided it's all Alan's fault that their rotten club's relying on bake sales and pancake teas to make ends meet.

Purehibee_MYB
24-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Another great performance from Alan in the first half today. Hopefully rested for the weekend. At this rate he can keep going for another 5 years!

duffers
24-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Another great performance from Alan in the first half today. Hopefully rested for the weekend. At this rate he can keep going for another 5 years!

Fenlon said after the game that he had a slight strain on his thigh but hopes to be back for Saturday

Stevie Reid
25-09-2013, 12:51 PM
McGivern's cameo last night was even further proof that Maybury is the best full back we have at the club. I like Ryan a lot but he didn't seem to take the game or our opposition very seriously last night, which is a worry.

Happy for Lewis to remain LB for now, with McGivern being cover for him and Hanlon.