PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get carried away ...

Baldy
21-09-2013, 04:56 PM
While we were good, St Mirren were absolutely woeful, possibly the worst team to have been at Easter Rd in years.

We are looking much better but lets not get deluded and think we are a great team

SaulGoodman
21-09-2013, 04:57 PM
And St Johnstone were just an average spl team last week.

Sorry, I'll calm down and get myself out of this good mood.

hibee_girl
21-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Today was the type of game we'd be losing a few weeks ago, against a team struggling for their first win etc. We played very well today, we're unbeaten in 5 games, we should be enjoying it! :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 04:59 PM
That's as maybe Baldy however On the other hand we've been guilty in the last of breaking losing streaks and poor form FOR other teams in the past.

brian6-2
21-09-2013, 05:00 PM
While we were good, St Mirren were absolutely woeful, possibly the worst team to have been at Easter Rd in years.

We are looking much better but lets not get deluded and think we are a great team

every party has a pooper......................

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 05:02 PM
FFS lets not be happy after a win, i mean we've had plenty better ones to enjoy recently. :rolleyes:

Wilson
21-09-2013, 05:03 PM

How often have we seen Hibs fall down against teams we're expected to beat? There are never any games we just turn up and win - you have to beat what is in front of you. We got the job done and done well today so credit where it is due surely?

weecounty hibby
21-09-2013, 05:03 PM
In all of the post match threads i don't see anyone getting carried away. Lots of people pleased with how we played and the result but no one is going overboard. Thanks for the advice though

hibbybrian
21-09-2013, 05:05 PM

Till today, Hibernian have been the worst team at Easter Road for a while :wink:

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 05:07 PM
We're gonny win the league.

Hibercelona
21-09-2013, 05:08 PM
DWDWW. Chin up eh. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 05:08 PM
We're gonny win the league.

:faf: I'm gonna be singing that all night now.

21-09-2013, 05:09 PM
FFS lets not be happy after a win, i mean we've had plenty better ones to enjoy recently. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Yes St Mirren look absolutely rank and I actually think they will be the yams saving grace this season in terms of relegation but ffs a win is a win and 3 points all the same. Nobody is suddenly claiming we are a great side but we look an improvement and we won comfertably today whilst also keeping a clean sheet so we have every right be be happy and enjoy it!

:flag:

joe breezy
21-09-2013, 05:14 PM
I love it when Hibs win and Hearts get beat

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I love it when Hibs win and Hearts get beat

I knew Hibs won, but last i heard Hearts were winning 1-0 with minutes to go, what happened? :confused:

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I wasn't there today but I don't care how bad St Mirren were/are.

We won, we're now 5 games unbeaten, we've had another clean sheet at home, our two main strikers have scored two weeks in a row and we're 19 points ahead of the big team.

Life is good.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I knew Hibs won, but last i heard Hearts were winning 1-0 with minutes to go, what happened? :confused:

They think it's all over...:greengrin

Islington Hibs
21-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Confidence is building. Sure a long way to go but lets enjoy our upturn in fortunes. Seems to me Aberdeen and ICT are our main challengers for second. Let's aim high!

WestEndHibee
21-09-2013, 05:47 PM
St mirren were poor but we made them look a hell of a lot worse with a very professional performance. We gave them no time on the ball whenever they had it and forced them to play silly 40 yard cross field balls. Not getting carried away as it's pointless if we can't carry it on but the style of football played was miles better than anything I've seen from Hibs in a few years.

Squealing pig
21-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh happy days :)

weonlywon6-2
21-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Why not enjoy the moment, it hasn't happened for a while:na na:

Heedersnvolleys
21-09-2013, 06:07 PM
St mirren were poor but we made them look a hell of a lot worse with a very professional performance. We gave them no time on the ball whenever they had it and forced them to play silly 40 yard cross field balls. Not getting carried away as it's pointless if we can't carry it on but the style of football played was miles better than anything I've seen from Hibs in a few years.

Have to agree st midden were crap but we were much better today. For once we were harring them into making mistakes. There keeper looked really shakey just thought we should capitalised more on our possession.

Weststandwanab
21-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Till today, Hibernian have been the worst team at Easter Road for a while :wink: I agree.

We're gonny win the league. E.O.S. league maybe

Exactly. Yes St Mirren look absolutely rank and I actually think they will be the yams saving grace this season in terms of relegation but ffs a win is a win and 3 points all the same. Nobody is suddenly claiming we are a great side but we look an improvement and we won comfertably today whilst also keeping a clean sheet so we have every right be be happy and enjoy it!

:flag: 5th October is the 6 pointer at the PBS.

I love it when Hibs win and Hearts get beat So true and my second bottle of wine is wee slippy.

wookie70
21-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Have to agree st midden were crap but we were much better today. For once we were harring them into making mistakes. There keeper looked really shakey just thought we should capitalised more on our possession.

I thought their Keeper saved them from a hiding.

Thecat23
21-09-2013, 06:21 PM

No one is saying we're great, but it was a very good performance and that's 5 unbeaten. So how about you cheer up a bit and just be happy we are doing alright for a change.

Glesgahibby
21-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Ross county scored two late goals and the hearts fans burst into song:greengrin

Stewboy
21-09-2013, 06:30 PM
For weeks I have said we will do better away than at home but today we took it to them and played well

Credit where it is due. Well done hibs

green.and.white
21-09-2013, 06:33 PM
St mirren are poor but our performance made them look even worse. We were great today!

Thecat23
21-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Playing a 4-4-2 like most have been crying out for helped. Collins looked great alongside Heffernan. So well done to Pat he got it spot on. Having a No.2 like Jimmy will defo pay off.

Aldo
21-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Playing a 4-4-2 like most have been crying out for helped. Collins looked great alongside Heffernan. So well done to Pat he got it spot on. Having a No.2 like Jimmy will defo pay off.

TC I really do think The Heff will turn out to be a very very shrewd signing. Two goals in two weeks, think Collins is thriving alongside him. That'll do for me every week mate.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2013, 07:16 PM

So true. Really enjoyed today, our best home performance for a long time and it could have been 5 - but they were dire. Let's wait till 4.50 next Saturday before getting carried away.

Andy74
21-09-2013, 07:18 PM

It was okay to get carried away the other way though wasn't it?

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 07:25 PM

I really don't understand it.

We are finally showing what we are capable of, winning games and apparently playing some nice stuff and we now have a starting XI that is probably the envy of every other side in Scotland, bar Celtic.

Yet some people are reluctant to praise the team. There's always a reason why we won, the other team were so bad or we were lucky etc etc.

I have to wonder sometimes.

Onceinawhile
21-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Next 4 league games are huge.

Ict a
partick a
celtic h
aberdeen h

How we do in those next four games will have a huge bearing on our season imo.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2013, 07:30 PM

We are finally showing what we are capable of, winning games and apparently playing some nice stuff and we now have a starting XI that is probably the envy of every other side in Scotland, bar Celtic.

Yet some people are reluctant to praise the team. There's always a reason why we won, the other team were so bad or we were lucky etc etc.

Well Fenlon said we shouldn't be getting carried away so is he wrong? I don't see anyone reluctant to praise the team. Some are going a bit OTT and that's understandable but the same happened last season when we had that good run at home and look how that turned out.

We have a squad that is surely capable of finishing in the top 3 but let's wait until next week before jumping to conclusions.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 07:37 PM

Nonsense, we have had one home win this year. We have been pretty poor for 6 years, bar one 4th place finish. Folk have had a right to be pretty pissed off at what's been put in front of them.

Some of the football has been a disgrace, the main reason i have not been to games.

I don't agree with the OP, but to dismiss the last few season and the football on show as folk getting carried away is ridiculous, todays result and performance was apparently good.

Add that to last week and we are now 5 games into an unbeaten run, this is good, something we all want.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Well Fenlon said we shouldn't be getting carried away so is he wrong? I don't see anyone reluctant to praise the team. Some are going a bit OTT and that's understandable but the same happened last season when we had that good run at home and look how that turned out.

We have a squad that is surely capable of finishing in the top 3 but let's wait until next week before jumping to conclusions.

It's one thing to say that we shouldn't be getting carried away with today's win, which I agree with, and another thing entirely to say that "St Mirren were awful" and we were playing "possibly the worst team to have been at Easter Road in years" so we shouldn't "get deluded and think we're a great team".

I think that comes across as being quite dismissive of today's result, which I don't believe Fenlon would have meant with his comments.

Also, I believe there is a difference between this year and last.

Last year, we were largely reliant on one man. This year, I think we have a better all round team (at the moment anyway) with goals possible from several sources.

I'm hopeful that we won't be falling away in November/December, like we did last year.

Andy74
21-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Nonsense, we have had one home win this year. We have been pretty poor for 6 years, bar one 4th place finish. Folk have had a right to be pretty pissed off at what's been put in front of them.

Some of the football has been a disgrace, the main reason i have not been to games.

I don't agree with the OP, but to dismiss the last few season and the football on show as folk getting carried away is ridiculous, todays result and performance was apparently good.

Add that to last week and we are now 5 games into an unbeaten run, this is good, something we all want.

I'm not talking about six years.

I'm talking about the fact that after improvement last year and a good finish to the season we were suddenly after just a few games a shocking team with a clueless manager.

That was a pretty quick reaction but we have to wait for how long before we can say we look quite decent ?

The_Sauz
22-09-2013, 01:00 PM

As you well know, Hearts have a great history in remembering the fallen heroes of many great battles (They did win 2 WW), and yesterday was no different! In the 89th min, all hearts players stood for a minutes silence to remember the great fallen heroes of 1986! In other words..................... they blew it!

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
22-09-2013, 01:16 PM
TC I really do think The Heff will turn out to be a very very shrewd signing. Two goals in two weeks, think Collins is thriving alongside him. That'll do for me every week mate.

Very much this.

chrisski33
22-09-2013, 02:00 PM

POOOOOOOO!!!! cant we enjoy a home win ffs?? Noones deluded or saying we are great but at least we are improving!

JimBHibees
23-09-2013, 01:59 PM

I would say the bold line is definitely getting carried away. Lets see how it goes against the better teams. Small steps at the moment but promising nonetheless.