PDA

View Full Version : THATS the performance I've been waiting to see!

California-Hibs
21-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Brilliant from Hibs today! The hoofball has completely been dropped and not only are we playing it through the middle of the park and out wide, but today we done it was fast passing and real intent.

Safe to say that's the most chances we've created in how long?! It really really should have been more than 2.

Fenlon has pulled a major rabbit out the hat in Heffernen, he and Collins both ran their hearts out today and linked up very well, and even more importantly BOTH scored AGAIN.

Now Zoubir, oh boy, we've got a talent on our hands here! He had only been on the field no longer than 1 minute and he had a shot just wide then set up Heffernen for a nice chance. He has GREAT feet, drew so many fouls because they're that fast and he has a bag of tricks. Very excited to watch him over the course of the season.

Hibs were in total control today, I haven't even mentioned the rest like Thomson, Robertson etc who were all superb.

Yes it was only St Mirren and yes they are very poor, but performances like today breed confidence and that's us now 5 games unbeaten and 2 wins on the bounce.

Us football fans are fickle and I'll admit it, 1 month ago I was shouting for Fenlons head, wanting protests etc, but there has been a major change to our style of play and attitude recently (Nichol having a huge influence? Certainly in getting Heff in) and I'm now calm and willing to see how this team get on.

I enjoyed that today.

Franck Stanton
21-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Brilliant from Hibs today! The hoofball has completely been dropped and not only are we playing it through the middle of the park and out wide, but today we done it was fast passing and real intent.

Safe to say that's the most chances we've created in how long?! It really really should have been more than 2.

Fenlon has pulled a major rabbit out the hat in Heffernen, he and Collins both ran their hearts out today and linked up very well, and even more importantly BOTH scored AGAIN.

Now Zoubir, oh boy, we've got a talent on our hands here! He had only been on the field no longer than 1 minute and he had a shot just wide then set up Heffernen for a nice chance. He has GREAT feet, drew so many fouls because they're that fast and he has a bag of tricks. Very excited to watch him over the course of the season.

Hibs were in total control today, I haven't even mentioned the rest like Thomson, Robertson etc who were all superb.

Yes it was only St Mirren and yes they are very poor, but performances like today breed confidence and that's us now 5 games unbeaten and 2 wins on the bounce.

Us football fans are fickle and I'll admit it, 1 month ago I was shouting for Fenlons head, wanting protests etc, but there has been a major change to our style of play and attitude recently (Nichol having a huge influence? Certainly in getting Heff in) and I'm now calm and willing to see how this team get on.

I enjoyed that today. You can only play the team that's in front of you. A wee while back we played a team of youngsters, and lets be honest here, a team that are just as bad as St Mirren, and we lost 1-0. Great result today and those in-breds across the city proclaiming to anyone who will listen to being "the BIG team" getting humped in the manner they did is the icing on the cake

hibee_girl
21-09-2013, 04:55 PM
You say 'only St Mirren' but these are exactly the type of games we'd be losing before.

SaulGoodman
21-09-2013, 04:58 PM
You say 'only St Mirren' but these are exactly the type of games we'd be losing before.

Exactly. Good post.

California-Hibs
21-09-2013, 04:59 PM

I just said only St Mirren as I know no doubtedly some would come out with that. I fully agree though, we'd have lost that last year!

GreenOnions
22-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I agree with all the above. I'd just like to add one thing that's not really been mentioned: One thing I noticed was the tempo at which we played - our passing was quick as well as accurate and along the ground. More of the same and we will be drawing the crowds back