View Full Version : Totally delighted

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 04:06 PM
First class performance.

Smiling at our play.

Well done Hibs. Well done Pat Fenlon.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Outstanding today, everyone played well and hearts got beat. Great day! GGTTH:greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Everyone wants Pat to prove he is the man.

Games like today are a great way to go about it.

Bring on Celtic.

Keith_M
21-09-2013, 04:14 PM
It was only St Mirren.

Fenlon must go!!

hibee_girl
21-09-2013, 04:15 PM
What a difference a few weeks makes, we were very good today. At no point during the match was I worried about us, we played some really nice football.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Best performance at ER in a long, long time

TheFamous1875
21-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Best performance at ER in a long, long time

Best performance I've seen since the first half of 09/10, not felt as relaxed since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

neil7908
21-09-2013, 04:25 PM
So nice to watch a Hibs game and see us dictate the game and look comfortable for our victory.

I would said however that St Mirren look a very poor team, we shouldn't be getting carried away but that was a hugely encouraging performance from us and I felt the "feel good factor" coming back into the stands.

My first time seeing Zoubir and I have to say, although he only got 10 minutes against a struggling team he has the exact attributes I've been desperate for us to add - pace, flair and directness. Could be enough to give us the edge this season we've been sorely lacking.

Craig has also really come onto a game the more time he spends in a Hibs shirt, ditto for Robertson.

Andy74
21-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Everyone wants Pat to prove he is the man.

Games like today are a great way to go about it.

Bring on Celtic.

Not really. 95 per cent didn't want him to get the chance.

frazeHFC
21-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Fantastic performance, those 2 are gonna make a very nice partnership up top! St Mirren couldn't cope, great effort and determination from every player.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2013, 04:33 PM
What a difference - players looking sharp and hungry to be on the ball.
Giving things a go left right through the middle. Scored the killer second juts at the right time as St Mirren were coming back in to things.
Hats off the Pat and the players a real team performance with decent shifts put in all over the park.
Held Zouby sub back but I think probably just about right the guys put in a shift and St Mirren were still not out of sight - he's made subs that turned back previously so fair do's

I hope Pat continues to turn things around if he does it will be pretty remarkable but first things first.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 04:35 PM
First class performance.

Smiling at our play.

Great news, and yes well done Hibs and Pat Fenlon. :top marks

Hibercelona
21-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Well done to the players today. They rolled their sleeves up and really took the game to St Mirren, which is exactly what we needed them to do today.

Full credit to them and to Fenlon for being positive from start to finish.

neil7908
21-09-2013, 04:36 PM

I will happily admit to being one of those 95% and dont regret calling for him to go at the time. We've gone on a good run and I'm delighted but I wouldn't go as far as to say we're the finished article and Pat has proven himself yet.

Big improvement in the last few games but we still have a long way to go. We'll never know if a new manager would have us doing any better or not so I'm happy to get behind the team now and hope that the current of form continues.

Pretty Boy
21-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I will happily admit to being one of those 95% and dont regret calling for him to go at the time. We've gone on a good run and I'm delighted but I wouldn't go as far as to say we're the finished article and Pat has proven himself yet.

Big improvement in the last few games but we still have a long way to go. We'll never know if a new manager would have us doing any better or not so I'm happy to get behind the team now and hope that the current of form continues.

This.

hibsbollah
21-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Best 90 minutes since Aberdeen Cup semi. That was 17 months ago.
Well done everyone :agree:

hibee
21-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Played well as a team and Collins willingness to chase lost balls and harass defenders really caused them problems today.

aljo7-0
21-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Good win. Entertaining as well - there were a couple of passages where we had 20 plus passes - and I didn't really feel nervous when they had the ball at all. Of course it was just St Mirren who look poor but you can only beat the team in front of you. Thoroughly enjoyed today. The whole team played well :thumbsup:

--------
21-09-2013, 04:49 PM
MUCH more cheerful tonight. :agree:

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Every single one of them were outstanding! Keep this up and we are up there challenging for 2nd. Also well done to Pat Fenlon.

Heisenberg
21-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Played good football. Dominated the game. Limited them to no chances. Well played Hibs.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 04:54 PM

I don't disagree with your point, but remember, we also don't know if a new manager would have us doing worse.

Duffys13
21-09-2013, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=hibsbollah;3752890]Best 90 minutes since Aberdeen Cup semi. That was 17 months ago.
Well done everyone :agree:

Strange post.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Delighted Hibs won today but am not getting carried away. That's easily the poorest team we'll play all seasonal if we weren't winning at home against them there'd be something wrong. On the same point, it was only 2-0!!!!

Hibs played well in spells, our centre halves are very reassuring and Collins and heff look to be forming a good partnership. Our midfield still looks unbalanced though and reluctant to go forward, I think it's because we have 3 central guys in there! Taiwo played ok today but I still see him as the one that should drop to allow a more creative player in.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

wookie70
21-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Confidence, movement, togetherness, grit, adventure we had it all today. It was great to see us carrying on last weeks performance into today. The commitment shown by the players was simply outstanding. Lots of examples of players filling in for each other when they had drifted out of position. Is Maybury the overlapping fullback we have been looking for? Nelson, who was excellent, even started playing simple short passes after some interesting "weighted balls" in the first half.

Everything clicked today. A really good feeling in the stands and the players looked like a team for the first time in a while. To cap it all off twinkle toes came on an entertained us with 10 minutes of sublime skills.

There must have been about 5 or 6 candidates for MOTM.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Delighted Hibs won today but am not getting carried away. That's easily the poorest team we'll play all seasonal if we weren't winning at home against them there'd be something wrong. On the same point, it was only 2-0!!!!

Hibs played well in spells, or centre halves are very reassuring and Collins and heff look to be forming a good partnership. Our midfield still looks unbalanced though and reluctant to go forward, I think it's because we have 3 central guys in there! Taiwo played ok today but I still see him as the one that should drop to allow a more creative player in.

We could lose to Stranraer on Tuesday but today will still have been good.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-09-2013, 05:18 PM
We could lose to Stranraer on Tuesday but today will still have been good.

Good, yes.

Not world beating like many are suggesting, we beat the worst team in the league 2-0 at home.

ronaldo7
21-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Better than last week, and I enjoyed that. GHTTH

Wilson
21-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Good, yes.

Not world beating like many are suggesting, we beat the worst team in the league 2-0 at home.

You are the first person to mention the term world beating. Everyone else is just happy with a good result.

How many decent home wins have we got so far this season? I don't care how bad St. Mirren are supposed to be we still had to put them away - and we did.

Rather than folk going overboard with a positive result I think there are one or two going out of their way to find negativity on an otherwise bright day.

This is a positive result on the back of a positive result. Just enjoy it FFS.

GoldenMeerkat
21-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Great performance today, the only negative was that tit Grainger never got sent off sooner.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 05:49 PM

I think he meant the players tried to do it for obviously us but more so for Pat.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Good, yes.

No one is saying we are world beaters.

They're saying we played with style and we did the job in front of us well.

We've failed to do that so many times bef so let's acknowledge an excellent professional display.

Celtic will probably gub us, but we're on the right tracks.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-09-2013, 06:48 PM
You are the first person to mention the term world beating. Everyone else is just happy with a good result.

How many decent home wins have we got so far this season? I don't care how bad St. Mirren are supposed to be we still had to put them away - and we did.

Rather than folk going overboard with a positive result I think there are one or two going out of their way to find negativity on an otherwise bright day.

This is a positive result on the back of a positive result. Just enjoy it FFS.

No one is saying we are world beaters.

They're saying we played with style and we did the job in front of us well.

We've failed to do that so many times bef so let's acknowledge an excellent professional display.

Celtic will probably gub us, but we're on the right tracks.

Jesus, away and have a clap to yourselves.

Like I said initially I have gone home delighted and thought Hibs played well 'in spells' today. There are huge improvements as previously mentioned we have a solid defence and good attacking line.

What your failing to comprehend is that I'm just looking at where we can improve!! Our midfield is where we have decent players but it's how they're used that's important. I think there is still an imbalance.

I think suggesting we played with style and creativity is a bit far fetched. There were spells today where Hibs weren't great but right now I want to enjoy the win and I'll await how Pat moves forward into the next game.

kentao
21-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Really pleased about the result the day and how the team performed 100 times better than the previous 2 home games. We looked like we wanted to win the game this week and played the game in the oppositions half. Really wanted to see Zouby on earlier but couldn't decide who should've been subbed as they all played well today.

GGTTH

Pete
21-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Great performance against a nervous st. Mirren side. Fans were top class and I never heard any negativity at all. It was actually enjoyable today and our ground is the best place in the world to be when we are winning.

Dingwall 2 Dingles 1 was the icing on the cake.

FranckSuzy
21-09-2013, 06:58 PM
To me, there were more positives about our play in the first 10 mins than I've seen all season. Was off my seat quite a few times too, especially when Zouby came on. Loved how he was watching the bench, waiting on getting the nod too :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
21-09-2013, 07:01 PM
To me, there were more positives about our play in the first 10 mins than I've seen all season. Was off my seat quite a few times too, especially when Zouby came on. Loved how he was watching the bench, waiting on getting the nod too :thumbsup:

Zouby was the exact same last week at Perth, every 5 seconds he kept looking up at the bench to see if Fenlon was putting him on

down-the-slope
21-09-2013, 07:25 PM
No coincidence that the atmosphere even pre-match seemed to have much more positivity - and in my area there was much more tolerance of the errors and bits that were a bit flat as it was obvious the players were giving best and working hard as a team....this definitely transferred onto pitch with players as at Perth all looking for the ball and no one hiding...

Nice weather (18oC on way home :confused:) decent match and supporters supporting....this could be a corner being turned

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Good, yes.

Jesus, away and have a clap to yourselves.

What are you getting upset about?

Who said we were world beaters?

Ach...

Holmesdale Hibs
21-09-2013, 08:10 PM
No coincidence that the atmosphere even pre-match seemed to have much more positivity - and in my area there was much more tolerance of the errors and bits that were a bit flat as it was obvious the players were giving best and working hard as a team....this definitely transferred onto pitch with players as at Perth all looking for the ball and no one hiding...

Nice weather (18oC on way home :confused:) decent match and supporters supporting....this could be a corner being turned

Agree completely with the first part, but seriously hope out form is not correlated with the weather in Edinburgh.

Jonnyboy
21-09-2013, 08:14 PM

Hibs played well in spells, our centre halves are very reassuring and Collins and heff look to be forming a good partnership. Our midfield still looks unbalanced though and reluctant to go forward, I think it's because we have 3 central guys in there! Taiwo played ok today but I still see him as the one that should drop to allow a more creative player in.

I thought that was Kilmarnock? Or was it St Johnstone?

Tyler Durden
21-09-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't disagree with your point, but remember, we also don't know if a new manager would have us doing worse.

Yeah you've just repeated the point he made.

clerriehibs
21-09-2013, 08:23 PM
What a difference - players looking sharp and hungry to be on the ball.
Giving things a go left right through the middle. Scored the killer second juts at the right time as St Mirren were coming back in to things.
Hats off the Pat and the players a real team performance with decent shifts put in all over the park.
Held Zouby sub back but I think probably just about right the guys put in a shift and St Mirren were still not out of sight - he's made subs that turned back previously so fair do's

I hope Pat continues to turn things around if he does it will be pretty remarkable but first things first.

To be fair, the subs were waiting about 5 mins for a break in play!

matty_f
21-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I enjoyed the match today for the first time in ages. We worked hard from start to finish and wanted the win more than St Mirren did. Better still, we attacked and had a whole lot of positivity in our play.

It looks like we have a better balance through the team now. Delighted.

ronaldo7
21-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Our boys were pushing onto St Mirren every time they got the ball in tight areas. We pressurised, and persevered in the match as we were working together as a team. We were fighting for each other for 90+ minutes. It will get better as WE gel into a Team.

GGTTH

PeeJay
21-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Difficult to believe that this performance is being so highly rated! Have the standards at Easter Road dropped so far that beating a truly awful St Mirren at home is somehow seen to be something special? Delighted we won, and got 3 points, but beating a bottom of the league teams is not a big deal. We are not out of the woods yet ...

FranckSuzy
21-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Difficult to believe that this performance is being so highly rated! Have the standards at Easter Road dropped so far that beating a truly awful St Mirren at home is somehow seen to be something special? Delighted we won, and got 3 points, but beating a bottom of the league teams is not a big deal. We are not out of the woods yet ...

IMHO, it was the manner of the win that matters. Every player looked hungry from the off. They played as a team and didn't give up. As previously mentioned, there were something like 20 passes put together at one point. It may 'only' have been against St Mirren, but many a time the bottom side/a side without a win have been the proverbial banana skin for Hibs but today, from the off, you just knew that wasn't going to be the case :wink: GGTTH.

erin go bragh
21-09-2013, 09:37 PM

Last time i looked the cheats were bottom . Maybe we made St mirren look awful ,, cheer up we won !

Ggtth

greenlex
21-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I didn't want the match to end.

Baldy Foghorn
21-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Great tempo from the off, looked hungry and determined.....More next week please.....

trev the hat
21-09-2013, 09:51 PM
The pleasure at seeing Hibs 1 up & at the time yams 1 up, (then finishing snooker frame)to find HFC winners & NO SHAMEFC beefed is utterly marvelous.
Nice !!!

neil7908
21-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I didn't want the match to end.This 100%. It feels like a long time since I have been sitting at a Hibs game and been really unhappy at hearing the final whistle because I was actually enjoying the performance.

Jim44
21-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Satisfied and relieved to get a convincing win, but with all due respect, against the worst team in the league and certain, IMHO,to be relegated. I'm convinced that St Mirren will give the Jambos an escape route.

Hibby D
21-09-2013, 10:11 PM
First class performance.

Smiling at our play.

Totally agree. Best game I've seen in a long time with probably the best squad we've had in a long time!

And one that might just provide Fenlon with a selection headache once everyone's fighting fit.

JimBHibees
21-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Satisfied and relieved to get a convincing win, but with all due respect, against the worst team in the league and certain, IMHO,to be relegated. I'm convinced that St Mirren will give the Jambos an escape route.

Disagree just think some of the players not really playing for the manager. McGowans performance for example was shocking IMO. I am sure a new manager will get them playing as they still have a number of decent players.

basehibby
21-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Most dominant performance I've seen at ER for years! Probably since Mowbray/Collins era. St Mirren were on the point of collapse at times and will secretly be thankful they got away without suffering a greater tanking than 2-0.

The Saints are struggling at the moment but Hibs teams of recent times would have conspired to put themselves under pressure in games like this, whereas today the defence was solid and ably protected by a competitive and energetic midfield who were also happy to stroke the ball about and link up with a well balanced front pair.

Two games and two goals a piece for what looks like a very promising partnership indeed in Collins and Heffernan - and with new recruit Zouby impressing again on his home debut along with home grown Sammy Stanton all of a sudden things are looking decidedly rosy! Lots of work to do yet but if performances like this can be repeated on a regular basis then 95% of us will have to admit that we're clueless!

IberianHibernian
21-09-2013, 11:28 PM
I was one of the 5% here ( say here because of Hibs supporters I know 5% in no way represents opinions and not for the first time ) who supported Pat after disappointing start to the season so am not surprised by slightly better results ( 1-goal defeats and draws becoming narrow wins ) given fixture results , new players being signed and ones signed in summer settling in . Not as positive about today`s performance as others here but hope that fans can start to support Pat and players in next few weeks when we have some difficult matches and press will try to stir up negative feeling before AGM if Stranraer and / or ICT results go badly .

tanfield
21-09-2013, 11:48 PM

thought taiwo was outstanding today.

PatHead
21-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Really enjoyed today.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah you've just repeated the point he made.

No, I turned his point around.

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Not really. 95 per cent didn't want him to get the chance.were you one of them or did you no vote in the poll, you certainly posted before that should go. or have you changed your mind just so you can have a dig at others?

The Green Goblin
22-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Really enjoyed watching the game today. A lot better passing and we kept showing that hunger and edge that have been missing right to the end. Yes, St. Mirren were poor, but so what? We saw a really decent performance from OUR team today and that was what matters.

lEXO
22-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Good performance and result. Lets enjoy it. We haven't had many good performances for a while.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 09:14 AM
were you one of them or did you no vote in the poll, you certainly posted before that should go. or have you changed your mind just so you can have a dig at others?

I didn't vote in the poll, but I although had just about had it with PF, and said so, I still tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

2 wins in a row and unbeaten in 5 is decent form, and I guess the calls for Fenlon to go will die down, but it's still too early to start talking about offering him an extended contract.

If we continue to beat the teams we definitely should be beating, particularly at home, playing decent football whilst doing so and battling for our fair share of points against the other teams around us, I'll take that as progress, regardless of where we finish.

I was speaking to Michael Nelson's parents before the game yesterday and among other things, they pointed out that since he arrived at the club, directly after shipping 7 goals to Malmo, we haven't lost more than a single goal in any game and we've kept 2 clean sheets. (We had lost 15 in 6 pre-season and Europe.)

We started the season without a striker and we've now got 2 who have started to score, so the goals for column should start improving.

We've signed an exciting looking player, Zooby, who looks light on his feet and tricky, so much so he was making me laugh! I don't see him as a 90 minute player, but if nothing else, he'll win us a bunch of free kicks in dangerous areas.

The injury situation is improving. Clancy and McGivern will further improve the defence when they return and Harris gives us even more options going forward.

The desperate doom and gloom of a few weeks ago has lifted and, for me anyway, it's been replaced by optimism and hope.

I'm looking forward to the game on Tuesday. I hope to see a professional performance to put the game beyond Stranraer, (who were even beaten at home by Sevco), so we can allow the players to turn on the style later in the game.

Should we lose of course...http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/Cloud_Wizard/Emoticons2/big-headache-smiley-emoticon_zps39560a32.gif

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I didn't vote in the poll, but I although had just about had it with PF, and said so, I still tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

2 wins in a row and unbeaten in 5 is decent form, and I guess the calls for Fenlon to go will die down, but it's still too early to start talking about offering him an extended contract.

If we continue to beat the teams we definitely should be beating, particularly at home, playing decent football whilst doing so and battling for our fair share of points against the other teams around us, I'll take that as progress, regardless of where we finish.

I was speaking to Michael Nelson's parents before the game yesterday and among pother things, they pointed out that since he arrived at the club, directly after shipping 7 goals to Malmo, we haven't lost more than a single goal in any game and we've kept 2 clean sheets. (We had lost 15 in 6 pre-season and Europe.)

We started the season without a striker and we've now got 2 who have started to score, so the goals for column should start improving.

We've signed an exciting looking player, Zooby, who looks light on his feet and tricky, so much so he was making me laugh! I don't see him as a 90 minute player, but if nothing else, he'll win us a bunch of free kicks in dangerous areas.

The injury situation is improving. Clancy and McGivern will further improve the defence when they return and Harris gives us even more options going forward.

The desperate doom and gloom of a few weeks ago has lifted and, for me anyway, it's been replaced by optimism and hope.

I'm looking forward to the game on Tuesday. I hope to see a professional performance to put the game beyond Stranraer, (who were even beaten at home by Sevco), so we can allow the players to turn on the style later in the game.

Should we lose of course...http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/Cloud_Wizard/Emoticons2/big-headache-smiley-emoticon_zps39560a32.gifI totally agree, I like Pat and have always hoped he'd be the man and until the start of this season I was fully backing him, I became a little less sure about his ability and of him being the right man this season but if we continue tae improve as we are it'll be great for us and for him, I think and would hope that's what we all would want. I just find it a bit rich that somebody who posted a few weeks ago that he should go comes on and has a dig at others who thought likewise, just because he's changed his mind.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?269977-Fenlon-out-(post-derby)&p=3713180&viewfull=1#post3713180

Andy74
22-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I totally agree, I like Pat and have always hoped he'd be the man and until the start of this season I was fully backing him, I became a little less sure about his ability and of him being the right man this season but if we continue tae improve as we are it'll be great for us and for him, I think and would hope that's what we all would want. I just find it a bit rich that somebody who posted a few weeks ago that he should go comes on and has a dig at others who thought likewise, just because he's changed his mind.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?269977-Fenlon-out-(post-derby)&p=3713180&viewfull=1#post3713180

Hardly. I've said a number of times now that I had one drunken post after the Hearts game. The amount of personal stick I've taken over the last few weeks for continuing to defend Pat suggests that I've never actually wanted him to go.

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Hardly. I've said a number of times now that I had one drunken post after the Hearts game. The amount of personal stick I've taken over the last few weeks for continuing to defend Pat suggests that I've never actually wanted him to go.I've posted it once myself because I was angry but I still said it so I'm no going tae be a hypocrite and have a go at other people who have said the same thing. I too want him to succeed.

By the way you must be a bit of a lightweight if you were pished at 2 in the efternoon :wink:

brian6-2
22-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I've posted it once myself because I was angry but I still said it so I'm no going tae be a hypocrite and have a go at other people who have said the same thing. I too want him to succeed.

By the way you must be a bit of a lightweight if you were pished at 2 in the efternoon :wink:

and after a 90 minute game with no peev. total lightweight. :wink:

Andy74
22-09-2013, 01:34 PM
I've posted it once myself because I was angry but I still said it so I'm no going tae be a hypocrite and have a go at other people who have said the same thing. I too want him to succeed.

I hardly think I have to argue about my position on Pat Fenlon so Ill leave it at that.

Saorsa
22-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I hardly think I have to argue about my position on Pat Fenlon so Ill leave it at that.Disnae change the FACT that you said it and I'll leave it at that :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I drink a lot.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 07:32 PM
I drink a lot.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/tea.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

hibee19
22-09-2013, 10:06 PM
While being glad that we finally have a few wins I think they should be viewed with caution. Its hard to ignore the fact that we've played 5 of the 6 so far, not played any top 3 team and and our 3 victories have come over teams who have combined won 2 games in 20, with two having yet to win a game this season. Our next 5 games are ICT, Partick, Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell. If we're top 6 after that then I'd begin to feel positive about this season.

weecounty hibby
22-09-2013, 10:15 PM
I drink a lot.

Hibs do that to you. Can't be many teetotal Hibbies out there!