PDA

View Full Version : Hibs players out of contract at the end of the season

hfc rd
20-09-2013, 10:49 PM
The following players below are in their final year of their contract here. I've given my opinion so far on what I would like to see.

Ben Williams - Number one on the list and really have got to get him signed up on a long term contract. Most reliable goalkeeper we have had for God knows how long

Alan Maybury - Player/Coach deal, to the similar one he has just now.

Tim Clancy - Hard one this one. I rate him and would like to see maybe a one year deal to prove his fitness but if we decide to cut our losses then fair enough.

James McPake - 2 year deal, see if he can recapture the form he was on when he was on loan.

Paul Cairney - Like Tim Clancy, one year deal, with a view to an extension, to prove his fitness and regain that good form he showed up until Xmas last season. It will be like a new player.

Kevin Thomson - Good player and professional. Would like us to retain Kevin for another season or two but think he may want one more final crack down south, so can't really blame him if he does go.

Tom Taiwo - Very good wee player, gives his all when he's on that pitch and deserves a long term deal like Williams.

Rowan Vine - Get rid. I hope I'm proved wrong and he wins me over but so far, he is woeful.

Fraser Mullen - I would probably give the four youngsters 3 year deals and see how they develop over that period. I think they could potentially turn out to be important players for the club under the right guidance and if they have the right attitude.

Jordan Forster - See Mullen

Danny Handling - See Mullen

Ross Caldwell - See Mullen

Abdellah Zoubir (end of loan) - Too early and complicated just now to decide on Abdellah. If he turns out to be great and the sort of player we have been lacking for over the last couple of seasons then I would like to see us sign him up on a long term deal but obviously the final decision is up to FC Istres and Abdellah himself.

GreenOnions
20-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Interesting topic but it really is too early to make any judgements. Hopefully everyone will perform brilliantly between now and Christmas and we'll be keen to re-sign them all.

ScottB
20-09-2013, 11:01 PM
2 year deal for McPake? Sorry, no way. At this point I'd be releasing him assuming he doesn't straight out retire.

cabbageandribs1875
20-09-2013, 11:46 PM
i'm sure i read somewhere our captains contract is till the end of this season, then another 12 month contract will only kick in according to how many appearances he makes over the course of this season :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
20-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Rowan Vine - Get rid. I hope I'm proved wrong and he wins me over but so far, he is woeful.

Fraser Mullen - I would probably give the four youngsters 3 year deals and see how they develop over that period. I think they could potentially turn out to be important players for the club under the right guidance and if they have the right attitude.

interesting, your prepared to give mullen a 3 year contract based on a handful of appearances....yet not prepared to give vine time to settle ? has mullen really impressed ? although i do admit to not wanting us to sign mullen in the first place, who knows maybe the young laddie will come good...and maybe vine will as well (if he shaves the furry chin)

Saorsa
21-09-2013, 07:30 AM
2 year deal for McPake? Sorry, no way. At this point I'd be releasing him assuming he doesn't straight out retire.Totally agree, good as he was I certainly wouldnae be giving 2 years tae a player with his recent injury history, he'd probably spend a year and a half of it on the treatment table. Clancy was a decent player too but I'd let him go as well.

Eric
21-09-2013, 07:57 AM
As far as I am aware the following players are also out of contract at the end of this season:

Alex Harris - surely a must to stay
Sean Murdoch
David Gold - at present on loan to Queens Park
Paul Grant - at present on loan to Berwick Rangers
Dean Horribine
Bradley Donaldson at present on loan to Arbroath

Also Danny Handling's contract has already been extended to the end of next season.

portohibee
21-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Totally agree, good as he was I certainly wouldnae be giving 2 years tae a player with his recent injury history, he'd probably spend a year and a half of it on the treatment table. Clancy was a decent player too but I'd let him go as well.

McPake for me is fast becoming what Gary Caldwell became at the end of his days for us, a total liability, I have no confidence he will clear his lines, do the simple thing and knock the ball out etc, saying that, I have no doubt he was instrumental in keeping us in this league, it's a tough one alright, but injuries seem to hamper him all the time these days and we cant afford any passengers, for me his contract shouldn't be renewed

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 08:04 AM
As far as I am aware the following players are also out of contract at the end of this season:

Alex Harris - surely a must to stay
Sean Murdoch
David Gold - at present on loan to Queens Park
Paul Grant - at present on loan to Berwick Rangers
Dean Horribine
Bradley Donaldson at present on loan to Arbroath

Also Danny Handling's contract has already been extended to the end of next season.

This is where I got the info from.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/kader-vertragsende/verein_903.html

Don't know how reliable it is but just stumbled across on it, while surfing the Internet and thought I would share it.

Eric
21-09-2013, 08:16 AM
This is where I got the info from.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/kader-vertragsende/verein_903.html

Don't know how reliable it is but just stumbled across on it, while surfing the Internet and thought I would share it.

Thanks for that. Interesting but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be up to date. Not that I am claiming that my info is 100% correct:wink:

Speedy
21-09-2013, 08:30 AM
The following players below are in their final year of their contract here. I've given my opinion so far on what I would like to see.

Ben Williams - Number one on the list and really have got to get him signed up on a long term contract. Most reliable goalkeeper we have had for God knows how long

Tim Clancy - Hard one this one. I rate him and would like to see maybe a one year deal to prove his fitness but if we decide to cut our losses then fair enough.

James McPake - 2 year deal, see if he can recapture the form he was on when he was on loan.

Paul Cairney - Like Tim Clancy, one year deal, with a view to an extension, to prove his fitness and regain that good form he showed up until Xmas last season. It will be like a new player.

Kevin Thomson - Good player and professional. Would like us to retain Kevin for another season or two but think he may want one more final crack down south, so can't really blame him if he does go.

Tom Taiwo - Very good wee player, gives his all when he's on that pitch and deserves a long term deal like Williams.

Abdellah Zoubir (end of loan) - Too early and complicated just now to decide on Abdellah. If he turns out to be great and the sort of player we have been lacking for over the last couple of seasons then I would like to see us sign him up on a long term deal but obviously the final decision is up to FC Istres and Abdellah himself.

I wouldn't bother with Clancy and McPake. Both huge injury risks on first team wages and neither are good enough to justify the risk imo. A new right back is a priority imo.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 08:37 AM
McPake i'd reluctantly let go, he's just too injury prone to risk another contract and his wage would be very handy to have.

Clancy is exactly the same as McPake.

Vine unless he turns it round spectacularly then i'd not offer a new contract.

Mullen is never going to be good enough, and i just dont know why we even signed him?

The rest have potential.

coco22
21-09-2013, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't bother with Clancy and McPake. Both huge injury risks on first team wages and neither are good enough to justify the risk imo. A new right back is a priority imo.

I agree (regrettably with McPake as I thought he was great for us in the past). Also, how long have we been searching for a RB - since the willie miller days? (except whitty)

Billy Whizz
21-09-2013, 08:39 AM
McPake i'd reluctantly let go, he's just too injury prone to risk another contract and his wage would be very handy to have.

Vine unless he turn it round spectacularly then i'd not offer a new contract.

Mullen is never going to be good enough, and i just dont know why we even signed him?

The rest have potential.

If its between McPake or Forster, you've got to give Jordan a chance. Think mcpake needs to play 30 games this season to trigger an extension

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2013, 08:45 AM
If its between McPake or Forster, you've got to give Jordan a chance. Think mcpake needs to play 30 games this season to trigger an extension

:agree: I cant see McPake getting 30 games this season, mainly because Nelson has played better than McPake has for a long time.

McPake could play some games, as having players like Nelson and Forster will give him a chance to rest his back without rushing back.

Although that will affect his match fitness, he's become a bit of a liability if you ask me, and with him earning as much as he does, he's just not worth it now.

I know that comes across as harsh, but thems the breaks these days.

Eyrie
21-09-2013, 09:08 AM
At present I'd extend Williams, Thomson, Harris and Taiwo for two or three years. I'd wait until Christmas to decide on how long to offer Forster, Handling and Caldwell.

Clancy, Mullen, McPake, Cairney and Vine need to earn any new deals.

Problem with Zuibir is the same as with Griffiths - if he does well his parent club will want him back and if he struggles we won't want him to stay.

I'd keep Maybury as a coach and there's no harm to registering him as a player.

patlowe
21-09-2013, 09:17 AM

While I appreciate the sentiment of the post I think you're being incredibly generous to some of these guys. If we want to keep progressing then we really need to cut the chaff and bring in more wheat! It sounds harsh but I'm not sure we're in a position to persevere with fitness liabilities - release and move on. For me, Taiwo, McPake, Clancy, Cairney and Vine have a lot to do to prove themselves worthy of another contract, although it's still early days for the latter. Taiwo and Cairney are probably just about worth re-signing but we need to think about the balance of the squad (ie lots of CMs), what these guys ultimately bring to the team and the potential for better quality that we can get in on our budget.

MyJo
21-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Williams, Harris. Taiwo and Forster - New deals asap IMO

Cairney, Vine, Mullen, Handling, Caldwell - Wait and see how the season pans out for them before deciding

McPake & Clancy - Too injury prone, would be better cutting our losses with them and using their wages on players that will contribute more to the team going forward.

Thomson - will proabably do the same as last summer and look at his options for a better deal elsewhere but there should be a contract on the table for him to sign if he wants to.

Maybury - doubt he will be first-team material for much longer but as a coach for the EOS team then happy for him to stay.

CapitalHibs
21-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know if Claros signed a new deal with his Honduran club? Wasn't he supposed to be available to sign a precontract in December? Would be great if we could sign him on a permanent deal. Seemed he really wanted to stay at Hibs.

jacomo
21-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Vine unless he turns it round spectacularly then i'd not offer a new contract.

The rest have potential.

Mullen has potential. Vine has proved he is good enough for this league in the past. Both have had disappointing starts with us but too early to write them off.

Of course the problem with this debate is we rarely know the value of each contract, which surely has a massive bearing on what happens next? For example, Williams might demand more than we can afford or McPake might drop his demands to try and get an extension. Without knowing the money involved its hard to know what represents best value for Hibs.

I was cross that Claros didn't return after the summer and we had signed OTJ instead but again I don't know what each player was looking for.

PeterboroHibee
21-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Ben Williams
Alan Maybury
Tim Clancy
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Kevin Thomson
Tom Taiwo
Rowan Vine
Fraser Mullen
Jordan Forster
Danny Handling
Ross Caldwell
Alex Harris
Bradley Donaldson
Sean Murdoch

Of that list, Williams should definitely be offered a new deal (at least 2 years), and I would offer Thomson, Harris, Taiwo and Cairney deals now. Maybury will continue as coach and until he feels he cant keep playing there would be no reason not to have him continue as player/coach.

I wouldnt be offering McPake and Clancy new deals though, regardless of how they play the rest of the season. They are senior players in their positions and we cant have two key players constantly injured. I also dont think it would be particularly difficult to replace either of them.

As for the rest, its up to them to show what they can do and if they have a future at the club. If they impress then they will get offered contracts.

MWHIBBIES
21-09-2013, 05:05 PM
2 year deal for McPake? Sorry, no way. At this point I'd be releasing him assuming he doesn't straight out retire.Fit and on form one of our best players, if he gets back to that he deserves a 2 year deal.

hfc rd
21-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Fit and on form one of our best players, if he gets back to that he deserves a 2 year deal.

That's what I pretty much meant in my opening post on this thread. If he can regain that form he showed while on loan, I would definitely offer him a contract. But then again, I do pretty much agree with the majority here. If he's still struggling and can't regain his good form, then it will be best to release him at the end of his contract.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Williams-3 year extension
Clancy-1 year extension
McPake-1 year extension
Harris-2 year extension
Vine-release
Cairney-release
Maybury-1 year extension
Handling-1 year extension (maybe)
Taiwo-2 year extension
Mullen-1 year extension (maybe)
Forster-2 year extension
Caldwell-1 year extension (maybe)
Thomson-2 year extension
Donaldson-1 year extension
Murdoch-1 year extension

DaveF
21-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Clancy-1 year extension
McPake-1 year extension
Harris-2 year extension
Vine-release
Cairney-release
Maybury-1 year extension
Handling-1 year extension (maybe)
Taiwo-2 year extension
Mullen-1 year extension (maybe)
Forster-2 year extension
Thomson-2 year extension
Murdoch-1 year extension

Why would you consider that one? He's been injured for ages and hasn't done anything to merit a new deal IMO.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-09-2013, 08:24 PM
McPake for me is fast becoming what Gary Caldwell became at the end of his days for us, a total liability, I have no confidence he will clear his lines, do the simple thing and knock the ball out etc, saying that, I have no doubt he was instrumental in keeping us in this league, it's a tough one alright, but injuries seem to hamper him all the time these days and we cant afford any passengers, for me his contract shouldn't be renewed

Sorry, but I think you're way off the mark with Caldewell. In fact, it's views like this that show why we're fans and not managers. If GC was so pish, how come he went on to have several good seasons with Celtic, play regularly for Scotland and have a respectable career down south? He was a very good player for us and would have been a regular every season had he stayed.

The circumstances with McPake are completely different. When playing regularly, he's shown he's one of the best defenders in the SPL. I think Hibs will wait until near the end of the season and see how he's doing and if he's recaptured his form, we'll try and negotiate a new contract. Same with Clancy and Cairney. Really hope they all recover.

I agree with the OP with respect to Williams. Sign him up now. I was quite surprised we replaced Stack who I thought was ok but Williams has been excellent since he came in.

Jonnyboy
21-09-2013, 08:48 PM

No brainer for me. Jordan has all the attributes required to become a top central defender :agree:

Sir David Gray
21-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Why would you consider that one? He's been injured for ages and hasn't done anything to merit a new deal IMO.

I understand that but I think that, when fit, Tim Clancy is a good player to have at your disposal.

He's actually not been all that prone to picking up major injuries during the past few years and I'm hopeful that we'll be seeing him again soon.

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Also forgot, I'm sure Pat Fenlon's contract expires at the end of the season. For me, if we play like the way we did yesterday on a consistent basis and finish in a good position. 2nd is the target, 3rd would be acceptable, 4th will be fine but anything lower ain't that great unless a run in both cups and actually for once winning one of them will be great. 4th-5th place needs to be the minimum target. Wouldn't mind giving him a new deal but obviously if he falters again then it may be best if both parties agree to move on.

3pm
22-09-2013, 10:29 AM
There are some on the list who should be offered deals right now. They may not sign but at least we'll have made an active effort.

If Pat wants to build a team then contracts should be offered and we build the core of a team.

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 10:47 AM
There are some on the list who should be offered deals right now. They may not sign but at least we'll have made an active effort.

If Pat wants to build a team then contracts should be offered and we build the core of a team.

This. Last thing we want us another major squad re-building process.

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Fit and on form one of our best players, if he gets back to that he deserves a 2 year deal.

I doubt if he'll ever be fuly fit enough to force his way in and stay in, a decent squad player on the bench, maybe worth a year at a time.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-09-2013, 03:10 PM
I can't see many players being offered new deals until if/when Fenlon himself either signs a new contract or is relieved of his duties.

Islington Hibs
22-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I can't see many players being offered new deals until if/when Fenlon himself either signs a new contract or is relieved of his duties.

Agree. Until Pat's position is clear the Board will be very unlikely to sanction extensions- think we will know the answer to this likely early in the New Year. However, I agree, with the consensus with Williams, as the top target. Harris surely too. Thompson yes- but he is going to want to review his options. Outside that a number of others you would probably want to keep but best to review in a few months.

Most of our Scottish rivals are still in the financial do-do so that puts us in a good position. I suspect few other clubs will be able to bid our players away, unless there is Celtic or English interest (in which case they are clearly good!)

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I doubt if he'll ever be fuly fit enough to force his way in and stay in, a decent squad player on the bench, maybe worth a year at a time.Never say never, Robin Van Persie is a good example of a player who struggled for years with injury but is now fit and playing well. Ironically injured today though :greengrin

J-C
22-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Clancy-1 year extension Not for me, gone>>>
McPake-1 year extension See Clancy>>>
Harris-2 year extension
Vine-release
Cairney-release He's in jured at the moment, wait to see what his form is like when he's back, seemingly looked leaner after the break.
Maybury-1 year extension As coach
Handling-1 year extension (maybe) Already extended to end of next season, but please play him as a striker for the sake of his career.
Taiwo-2 year extension
Mullen-1 year extension (maybe) Not good enough, gone>>>
Forster-2 year extension
Thomson-2 year extension :thumbsup:
Murdoch-1 year extension Would rather see us look for a good up and coming goalkeeper, who could maybe learn from Wiliiams .

GreenCastle
08-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Can anyone confirm how accurate these lists are ?

Hibs - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/kader-vertragsende/verein_903.html

The club with no shame - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader-vertragsende/verein_43.html

Noticeable there are quite a few from both teams playing for their futures - a new manager next season may have to rebuild...again...

Williams surely has to be top of the list to be kept!

IanM
08-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Hibs - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/kader-vertragsende/verein_903.html

The club with no shame - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader-vertragsende/verein_43.html

Noticeable there are quite a few from both teams playing for their futures - a new manager next season may have to rebuild...again...

Rowan Vine £450,000

StarMan10
08-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Often forget that Taiwo is only 23. Been not at his best past couple games imo but there's quality in there and his best years are ahead of him.

hibees 7062
08-10-2013, 04:04 PM

4 Goalkeepers up for grabs :greengrin

3pm
08-10-2013, 05:06 PM
McPake is as good as freed if he cannae get a game after getting scudded 3-0.

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2013, 05:20 PM
McPake is as good as freed if he cannae get a game after getting scudded 3-0.Unquestionable logic right there.

007 Mickey Weir
08-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Get Williams and Forster on 3yr deals now. Rest can wait. Clancy, McPake and Vine are defo no for me! Injury proven and poor. Will free up some wages aswell.

andy1875
08-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Williams, Harris & Forster on 3 year deals with option of 1 year add on (Wolves agreement wi Sparky)

Handling, Caldwell & Thommo 2 year deals.

The rest......meh

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2013, 08:23 PM
There's one person i'm happy to see out of contract at the end of the season.

southern hibby
08-10-2013, 08:35 PM
There's one person i'm happy to see out of contract at the end of the season.

Don't give a monkeys what anyone says I am the same as you. Move him on but while he's here ( as with everyone that has something to do with HIBS ) get 100% backing. GGTTH

3pm
09-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Unquestionable logic right there.

If the club captain can't get a game after we have been heavily beaten then it doesn't look good.

We shipped in 6 goals in 2 games, Nelson didn't cover himself in glory in either game.

When is he going to play?

scoopyboy
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
If the club captain can't get a game after we have been heavily beaten then it doesn't look good.

We shipped in 6 goals in 2 games, Nelson didn't cover himself in glory in either game.

When is he going to play?

When its mathematically impossible for him to get the thirty games required to kick in the extra year.

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM

When is he going to play?Fenlon is probably blessed with the ability of looking at more than 1 or 2 games when judging a player. Also probably doesn't feel the need to change out a player who has been doing well for one who hasn't played in months when we are on a decent run.

3pm
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
When its mathematically impossible for him to get the thirty games required to kick in the extra year.

Exactly, cos he's going to be out on his arse.

patch1875
09-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Been told Clancy doesn't plan on staying anyway.

Jonnyboy
09-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Why? Has some other club offered him a comfier treatment table?

DaveF
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM

I would imagine the club don't plan on keeping him since he's done almost the square root of **** all since we signed him!

Heisenberg
09-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Hopefully we sign a proper right back in his place.

patch1875
09-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I would imagine the club don't plan on keeping him since he's done almost the square root of **** all since we signed him!

True, was told he's wants to go abroad middle or Far East to get a big wage maybe there is a Chinese medicine man that can rub some endangered species on his groin:agree:

jdships
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Of that list, Williams should definitely be offered a new deal (at least 2 years), and I would offer Thomson, Harris, Taiwo and Cairney deals now. Maybury will continue as coach and until he feels he cant keep playing there would be no reason not to have him continue as player/coach.

I wouldnt be offering McPake and Clancy new deals though, regardless of how they play the rest of the season. They are senior players in their positions and we cant have two key players constantly injured. I also dont think it would be particularly difficult to replace either of them.

As for the rest, its up to them to show what they can do and if they have a future at the club. If they impress then they will get offered contracts.

First class post !!
Agree with all you write :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Shouldn't Petrie be looking to get Fenlon tied up on a new contract, as we all know players like to know who's in charge before they sign up to new deals?

If as i suspect Fenlon is not offered a new contract, who will be offering any of these players new contracts? :dunno:

Emerald
09-10-2013, 08:12 PM
a
Shouldn't Petrie be looking to get Fenlon tied up on a new contract, as we all know players like to know who's in charge before they sign up to new deals?

If as i suspect Fenlon is not offered a new contract, who will be offering any of these players new contracts?

:tee hee:

Very true but if Fenlon gets offered a new contract (based on performances up to now) they could shut three stands next year!

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM
a

:tee hee:

Very true but if Fenlon gets offered a new contract (based on performances up to now) they could shut three stands next year!Probably not, I dont think that many of our fans are drama queens :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
10-10-2013, 11:06 AM

I cant see many clubs offering a 29 year old, who has only managed 120 odd games in his career (based on Soccerbase stats) and has spent a large part of his time at Hibs injured, any sort of a deal. Good luck to him if he thinks he can get something though.

Speedway
10-10-2013, 01:15 PM

Not a problem. Play him in the next six games and he'll be out for the rest of the season.

GreenCastle
10-10-2013, 04:01 PM

If as i suspect Fenlon is not offered a new contract, who will be offering any of these players new contracts? :dunno:

Quite funny...but a very good point.

Managers contract expires - players contracts expire = new manager comes in with no players!

Surely the new contracts have to be sorted soon as all the players in the list can sign pre-contracts from January onward ?

fatbloke
11-10-2013, 12:03 PM
An acquaintance of mine who has Aberdeen sympathies has just told me his mates mate who scouts for Rankgers has been told to keep tabs on Ben Williams. I said **** off you are winding me up. His reply "remember where you heard it first". Please someone tell me he is talking *******.

GreenCastle
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Brought this back up as we have to be careful that if we change manager he can keep hold of players like Williams - others maybe not - but last thing we want is a new manager coming in at the wrong time and losing players to pre-contracts or frees.

steelendhibs
03-11-2013, 04:44 PM
List of players who I understand are out of contract. Who would everyone keep? McPake, Clancy, Williams, Vine, Cairney, Maybury, Taiwo, Murdoch, Mullen, Forstert, Zoubir, Caldwell, Thomson.

steelendhibs
03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
for me Williams, Forster, Zoubir, Caldwell

greenlex
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Williams Taiwo Forster and Thomson. The rest can GTF

Dibben
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Out of that list...

Williams
Cairney
Taiwo
Murdoch
Forster
Thomson
Marbury for cover/experience

Undecided on Mullen, Caldwell & Zoubir

Speedy
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
List of players who I understand are out of contract. Who would everyone keep? McPake, Clancy, Williams, Vine, Cairney, Maybury, Taiwo, Murdoch, Mullen, Forstert, Zoubir, Caldwell, Thomson.

Thomson, Williams and Forster would be the priorities. I'd get rid of McPake, Clancy and Vine.

Cairney depends on how he looks when he comes back. Taiwo depends on other options. I'd keep Maybury as a coach/last resort and I'd extend Murdoch and the youngsters for a year if they're not too expensive.

frazeHFC
03-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Williams
Taiwo
Forster
Caldwell
Thomson

Maybury has been good this season but is 35, if he is still doing well come the end of the season then him too.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Williams
Thomson
Forster
Taiwo
Harris

Not bothered about the rest.

patch1875
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Williams
Thomson
Forster
Taiwo
Harris

Not bothered about the rest.

This for me minus Taiwo

Sir David Gray
03-11-2013, 05:49 PM
This for me minus Taiwo

I think he's been one of our most consistent performers.

patch1875
03-11-2013, 06:10 PM
I think he's been one of our most consistent performers.

Find him a bit meh, we seem to have defensive midfielders in abundance I would move him on to make room for someone more positive going forward.

HibeeMG
10-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Is it up in the summer?

If so, the first order of business for TB and the club is to get him signed up for another 2 or 3 years. We don't want clubs turning his head with pre-contract offers in the new year.

If not, then forget you ever clicked into this thread.

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 01:33 AM
It is indeed.

He's a better goalkeeper than that jambo plook IMO. Get him signed up and don't let him go unless we're offered 10,000,000+ for him! :agree: