PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Murray

Jonnyboy
20-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Was doing a wee bit of research on Antonio Murray and was stunned to read on his Wikipedia page that he's playing as a striker in Oz and fairly banging the goals in

Any of our Oz contributors able to verify?

Wiki page link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Murray

3pm
20-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Out of interest JB, why you studying AM?!

I liked him, decent player.

California-Hibs
20-09-2013, 10:44 PM
That's almost hard to believe! 59 goals in 54 appearances for Brisbane City!!??

''In 2013 he scored 27 goals from 21 games earning him the golden boot award for highest goal scorer in the league.''

:confused: ........ :thumbsup:

WestEndHibee
20-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Was doing a wee bit of research on Antonio Murray and was stunned to read on his Wikipedia page that he's playing as a striker in Oz and fairly banging the goals in

I remember after a few great games he was being asked about if he'd play for Scotland through his Scottish lineage on one side. He was a great player but injury got the better.

Sproule Three
20-09-2013, 11:21 PM

Queensland Premier is not the professional league here in Australia ?
Hard to say what would be equivalent in Scotland. Maybe juniors !
I follow the A league but he was certainly not on my radar as being out here.
Interestingly ( for me anyway )Liam Miller is now playing for Brisbane Roar the team that Murray trialled with .
He is still one of the better players over here and will be a key player for them

IWasThere2016
20-09-2013, 11:41 PM
I liked Antonio - he'd a great first touch, and he shone in a 2-0 SC win at ER IIRC. Good crowd and atmosphere that day.

s2hart
21-09-2013, 02:40 AM
I could've sworn I watched him last season against Dagenham & Redbridge but looking at his career history it was a few seasons ago, geez time does fly when you are older!

Showed he had potential at Hibs but did he not have back problems which disrupted his career?

The game I seen him play when the ball wasn't flying over the midfield from back to front you could see he had something about him, good luck to the lad in Oz.

Speedway
21-09-2013, 03:56 PM
He was the Tom Taiwo of Mowbray's side.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-09-2013, 08:13 PM
He was the Tom Taiwo of Mowbray's side.

Similar type of player but AM couldn't stay fit where I can't remember TT ever being injured.

Best memory of AM was a game at Parkhead when we went through and played them of the park and won 1-3 (I think)

Jonnyboy
21-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Out of interest JB, why you studying AM?!

I liked him, decent player.

Just some research for an article

Queensland Premier is not the professional league here in Australia ?
Hard to say what would be equivalent in Scotland. Maybe juniors !
I follow the A league but he was certainly not on my radar as being out here.
Interestingly ( for me anyway )Liam Miller is now playing for Brisbane Roar the team that Murray trialled with .
He is still one of the better players over here and will be a key player for them

Cheers ST :thumbsup:

E10 Rifle
21-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I thought he left us as he was homesick or his girlfriend wouldn't move north rather than any football reason?