PDA

View Full Version : SFA applies to host Euro 2020

hibby rae
20-09-2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24174069

We've applied to host a standard package which is 3 group games and a knock out game, with the games to be played in Glasgow if our bid is successful. The English have applied to host either the same package or the semis and final in London. If we're successful ( and I think we stand a very good chance of being so) are there plans for Hampden to be revamped/rebuilt by then?

The 32 countries interested in hosting Euro 2020 games:

Armenia (Yerevan), Azerbaijan (Baku), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sofia), Croatia (Zagreb), Czech Republic (Prague), Denmark (Copenhagen), England (London), Finland (Helsinki), France (Lyon), Macedonia (Skopje), Germany (Munich), Greece (Athens), Hungary (Budapest), Israel (Jerusalem), Italy (Rome and Milan), Kazakhstan (Astana), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Poland (Warsaw and Chorzow), Portugal (Lisbon and Porto), Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Bucharest), Russia (St Petersburg), Scotland (Glasgow), Serbia (Belgrade), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia), Sweden (Solna), Switzerland (Basel), Turkey (Istanbul), Ukraine (Kyiv and Donetsk) and Wales (Cardiff).

hibby rae
20-09-2013, 03:13 PM
From the BBC comments section:

Abu Lincon
6 Minutes ago

I think uefa missing big trick here. The USA is most powerfulst narion with most money and football is biggest growing sport their so euro 2020 should be held their. The amerixans will go crazy seeing the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney and Messi light up the stage. Imagine a Spain V England final live from Maddison Sq Garden. Make it pay per view too and this will pure millions into UEFA.

:crazy:

frazeHFC
20-09-2013, 04:22 PM

Abu Lincon
6 Minutes ago

I think uefa missing big trick here. The USA is most powerfulst narion with most money and football is biggest growing sport their so euro 2020 should be held their. The amerixans will go crazy seeing the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney and Messi light up the stage. Imagine a Spain V England final live from Maddison Sq Garden. Make it pay per view too and this will pure millions into UEFA.

:hilarious Was funny enough without even seeing Messi's name. :tee hee:

hfc rd
20-09-2013, 07:25 PM

Abu Lincon
6 Minutes ago

What an idiot!

Hibby70
20-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Should be given to countries that couldn't hold it themselves. Likes of Englanf, Germany, Spain etc should be excluded.

ScottB
20-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I agree that it should go to countries that could never host a tournament, and save a major nation for the final. Wembley seems a good bet for that really.