PDA

View Full Version : Home Support.

Thecat23
20-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Read loads lately how home supporters are moaners etc.. And that's why the team doesn't do well. I don't manage away games but do support the boys 100% at home.

So if you are a moaner ;) may I suggest leaving the abuse for one week and see if this theory is actually a fact!!

Yes this thread is more tongue in cheek before the uber fans come on and have a go :D

Beefster
20-09-2013, 10:03 AM
During games, I'm too busy reading my paper to be moaning. If I ever do moan, it's because my soy mochaccino and organic nibbles aren't hot enough.

Vini1875
20-09-2013, 10:15 AM
There are plenty around where I sit. I think FIFA Manager has a lot to answer for, these guys seem to know exactly what to do all the time and never get anything wrong. Most recent whipping boy is Lewis who seems to need a very over weight counicl worker to tell him what to do and where to stand. The most annoying thing about Lewis is that he seems to pay no attention to over weight moaners. The best ones though are the guys who moan at a player who they have mistakenly identified, like giving Claros abuse when in fact they were shouting at Tom Taiwo or any combination of players who look nothing like one and other.

marinello59
20-09-2013, 10:22 AM
I start moaning before I leave the house so by the time kick off comes around I am nicely warmed up. Sometime the team ruin my day by playing fairly well though.

matty_f
20-09-2013, 10:27 AM
During games, I'm too busy reading my paper to be moaning. If I ever do moan, it's because my soy mochaccino and organic nibbles aren't hot enough.

:agree: I usually gave a wee grumble if I get woken up during a game by sweetie paper rustlers.

Thecat23
20-09-2013, 10:30 AM

I like to moan at folk like you for no sharing!!

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2013, 10:35 AM
:agree: I usually gave a wee grumble if I get woken up during a game by sweetie paper rustlers.

Sorry Matty - the odd one sneaks in but we normally take jelly babies (no wrappers - genius!).

Random Thought: Maybe if offenders are persistent surrounding folk could create a laminated green card with some simple but effective phrase on it e.g "sit down shut up" ;)) then it could be snuck in and placed before the game.

LioNeilMessi
20-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Sorry, but it has been too long since the last home game. Personally I cannot wait to moan and boo the players off at half time :thumbsup:

R'Albin
20-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Just be thankful Calderwood is no longer here :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
20-09-2013, 11:54 AM
It's the beer wearing off IMO and people get tired and grumpy due to it, dry throats, pish fitbaw team on show and so they start mouthing.... a bit of a headache coming on, makes them more grumpy.
Could be, lol

Mikeystewart
20-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Is it time we introduced a moaning section? somewhere near the singing section in an attempt to drown them out :greengrin

aljo7-0
20-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Now there's a crime I just don't understand. Rustling cattle or sheep yes but sweetie papers?

PatHead
20-09-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm sick of folk moaning about moaners.

Thecat23
20-09-2013, 12:21 PM

I'm sick of you moaning about folk moaning about the folk who moan!!!!!!

Golden Bear
20-09-2013, 12:21 PM

I agree, but on the other hand if folk didnae moan aboot the moaners then we'd have nothing to moan about.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you think about it.

PatHead
20-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I suppose you can't beat a good grumble.

patlowe
20-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm more of an internal moaner - does that count? In my head I'm thinking Stevenson is out of position, Fenlon is tactically inept, Collins is a headless chicken, Nelson is a carthorse, Thomson's going to get sent off, Cairney's too fat, the oldest of the new stands are starting to look a bit discoloured etc etc but my natural self-consciousness stops me from exploding into your archetypal red-faced apeman screaming at the players as his son looks on in fear. Ach, maybe one day.

matty_f
20-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Now there's a crime I just don't understand. Rustling cattle or sheep yes but sweetie papers?

They don't go back in the bags themselves, you know.
!

barcahibs
20-09-2013, 01:06 PM
There are plenty around where I sit. I think FIFA Manager has a lot to answer for, these guys seem to know exactly what to do all the time and never get anything wrong. Most recent whipping boy is Lewis who seems to need a very over weight counicl worker to tell him what to do and where to stand. The most annoying thing about Lewis is that he seems to pay no attention to over weight moaners. The best ones though are the guys who moan at a player who they have mistakenly identified, like giving Claros abuse when in fact they were shouting at Tom Taiwo or any combination of players who look nothing like one and other.

The best one along those lines I ever heard was actually at an away game - Queens Park in the league cup in (2007?). Coming towards the end of the match - through which Hibs had been really toiling - Older guy behind me, who'd been moaning all match starts screaming at Tony Mowbray to get (A Player*) off or he'd never be back.

To be fair to the guy this was a brilliant and incisive tactical plan with only three tiny drawbacks.

(1) John Collins was the manager not Tony Mowbray
(2) The player he wanted substituted wasn't on the pitch
(3) We'd already used all three of our subs anyway.

It was one of those occasions where you just had to laugh - while thinking who'd be a manager at the same time.

It did strike me as an odd one though - there were only a couple of thousand supporters in the stadium that night, you'd think anyone there would be a real diehard and wouldn't make mistakes like that.

*Cannae for the life of me remember who the player was he wanted off! Benji? Whoever it was, was definitely not playing at the time though.

Second best one was at a reserve match when one gentleman used the occasion to start having a pop at first team players who weren't even in the stadium. He finally had a blast at Andy Mcneill (who to be fair was actually on the pitch at the time). At which point John Collins strolls over and very politely tells the guy we don't need support like that and would he mind shutting up or going away. Had massive respect for Collins doing that at the time.

GREEN WARLORD
20-09-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm sick of you moaning about folk moaning about the folk who moan!!!!!!

This. :agree:

Andy74
20-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Just be thankful Calderwood is no longer here :agree:

No, we are in just as bad a state by all accounts. :wink:

God Petrie
20-09-2013, 02:49 PM
The pressure is undeniably felt more by the players at home due to the negative atmosphere that looms if we go a goal down. Unfortunately some take this as a personal sleight because they don't go to away games and will dismiss this valid criticism as some sort of "über fan" boasting via jokes when in reality people just want to improve the players chances of competing at home.

Confidence plays a massive part and the fans should be the people fostering confidence.

Onion
20-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Read loads lately how home supporters are moaners etc.. And that's why the team doesn't do well. I don't manage away games but do support the boys 100% at home.

So if you are a moaner ;) may I suggest leaving the abuse for one week and see if this theory is actually a fact!!

Yes this thread is more tongue in cheek before the uber fans come on and have a go :D

Few Hibs fans go along to ER with the intention of moaning or throwing abuse at the players. It's just that sinking realisation after 10 mins that the team really is that bad, that brings it out :cb

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Generally an upbeat sort, but prone to the odd lapse into excruciating moaning, just to mix things up a little.

IWasThere2016
20-09-2013, 03:23 PM
I leave ma moaning to here (you may have noticed :greengrin) and get behind the team 100% at the games. Going ra morra and backing 2-1 the Cabbage :agree:

basehibby
20-09-2013, 03:57 PM
I usually restrict my moaning to the quality of the pies and the eye watering price for a cup of stale warmed up sludge (coffee).

Butr I've come across plenty enough compulsive moaners, and my favourite incident was when sitting in the Famous Five watching a game vs Livi or something, but it was during that great era of Sauzee and Latapy (:not worth) and it will come as no surprise that there were STILL some whinging Gobsheights who just could not help themselves and had to barrack someone in a Green and white shirt just to scratch that miserable itch or whatever.

The stool pidgeon of choice at the time was Archie Lovell (Yes - I know - a more than decent player) and all through the first half some paragon of wit and incisive comment just along from us decided to treat us with "Lovell yer ****in sheight!" or similar at various intervals and at great volume.

Naturally enough this started to get on my tits, so after a while I leaned over to the guy and asked him to try SUPPORTING the team for a change - at which he responds with the usual "I've paid my monay and I'll say what I want" pish that gratuitous whingers always come out with. He did pipe down a bit right enough but what REALLY shut the daft twat up was when Archie then proceeded to maraud up the park and score not once but TWICE to seal the points for Hibs.

I made sure and tapped the guys shoulder during BOTH celebrations and asked "not so sheight now then mate eh???" thus deliberately and completely spoiling the moment for him - served the daft basturd right! :thumbsup:

marinello59
20-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry, but it has been too long since the last home game. Personally I cannot wait to moan and boo the players off at half time :thumbsup:

Booing the players off at full time is the best bit for me. :agree:

Golden Bear
20-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Another moaner!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24181605

patlowe
20-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Another moaner!

"The victim had asked a man in front of him to sit down and Perry, who was in the next seat, turned round and punched him in the face."

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

HibsNibs
20-09-2013, 04:27 PM
My usual mantra of 'FFS Hibs' was transformed into gasps of satisfaction & amazement last Saturday when Zoubir came on. There will be no moaning from anyone if the laddie plays tomorrow. :agree:

matty_f
20-09-2013, 04:36 PM
"The victim had asked a man in front of him to sit down and Perry, who was in the next seat, turned round and punched him in the face."

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

From the article:

Football banning orders prevent entry to every ground in the country.

They say that like it's a bad thing! I'm surprised more folk aren't trying to get them!:greengrin

Andy74
20-09-2013, 05:08 PM
My usual mantra of 'FFS Hibs' was transformed into gasps of satisfaction & amazement last Saturday when Zoubir came on. There will be no moaning from anyone if the laddie plays tomorrow. :agree:

There'll be plenty when he's not in the team to start with though! :greengrin

cam75
20-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Just saw this and wonder were she was sat,Ban for woman who punched man at Scottish Cup Final
1 hour ago
A woman has been given a football banning order for punching a man in the face at the Scottish Cup Final in May.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard that 49-year-old Josephine Perry, from Edinburgh, carried out the attack at the Hibs v Celtic clash at Hampden.

The victim had asked a man in front of him to sit down and Perry, who was in the next seat, turned round and punched him in the face.

At the cup final on 26 May, police patrolling the concourse were made aware of the assault and arrested Perry.

After sentencing, Stephen Ferguson, football liaison prosecutor for the west of Scotland, said: "Such assaults are totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

Golden Bear
20-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Just saw this and wonder were she was sat,Ban for woman who punched man at Scottish Cup Final
1 hour ago
A woman has been given a football banning order for punching a man in the face at the Scottish Cup Final in May.y

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard that 49-year-old Josephine Perry, from Edinburgh, carried out the attack at the Hibs v Celtic clash at Hampden.

The victim had asked a man in front of him to sit down and Perry, who was in the next seat, turned round and punched him in the face.

At the cup final on 26 May, police patrolling the concourse were made aware of the assault and arrested Perry.

After sentencing, Stephen Ferguson, football liaison prosecutor for the west of Scotland, said: "Such assaults are totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

I don't know for certain but it could have been in the upper south stand. There was a stramash not far from me but no idea what it was about.

Thecat23
20-09-2013, 05:28 PM
For the record I also moan by the way :D

hibee_nation
20-09-2013, 05:56 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just practising for full time. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2013, 06:38 PM
1 hour ago
A woman has been given a football banning order for punching a man in the face at the Scottish Cup Final in May.

Sounds like an episode of Biffa Bacon...

And if "such assaults are totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated." Is the flip side that there are assaults that are acceptable? Presumably the shoeing of the terrorist dudes as Glasgow airport...

hfc rd
20-09-2013, 07:21 PM

You'll hear plenty moaning and groaning if he misplaces a pass or miss-hit a shot at goal that goes high and wide away from target. Folk screaming for Fenlon to send him back to FC Istres.

Hibbyradge
20-09-2013, 11:43 PM

brian6-2
21-09-2013, 06:45 AM
1 hour ago

i was sat just along from this,the guy asked her to sit down, the guy must have been in his late 60's. she turned round and smacked him right in the coupon. Surprised there is no mention/charges against the guy she was with, possibly her son who then continued to try and set about everyone around him giving the wifey a hard time for punching an old guy in the face.

brian6-2
21-09-2013, 06:48 AM
You'll hear plenty moaning and groaning if he misplaces a pass or miss-hit a shot at goal that goes high and wide away from target. Folk screaming for Fenlon to send him back to FC Istres.

i think we have created such a hype over this guy without really seeing him play that if he does have a bad game he is set up nicely to take pelters.

the minute he makes a mistake i'll be on his back, its not acceptable.............