PDA

View Full Version : 1986 boo hoo... Did you cry in 1986?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Re-lived courtesy Of the dee-liscious clip on you tube.

http://youtu.be/UCjEsN4E85s

I lived through this but was sketchy on the details it was only in 87 I attended my first match at ER. I remember getting off the 14 bus and walking along Mayfield towards Prestonfield golf course weekly and passed a garage. Each week some yam felt-tipped "the score (literally) on the door". The way Hibs were playing didn't make pleasant reading. I don't recall what was written up post that fateful day...

A few highlights from many...

All "went South" with 7 minutes to go.
Tosh McKinlay, Jim Duffy and Harvey (was it Hibee Paul Harvey?) in the Dundee Team.
Invaded the pitch when it was all over.

History was cruelly documented before the audience as told by the ridiculous put on (Shirley) accent of Archie (woof) MacPherson...

Shame really.
Did you cry in 86?

weonlywon6-2
19-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Yep,cried my eyes out.lets be honest they deserved to win the league

Haha

--------
19-09-2013, 04:55 PM

I lived through this but was sketchy on the details it was only in 87 I attended my first match at ER. I remember getting off the 14 bus and walking along Mayfield towards Prestonfield golf course weekly and passed a garage. Each week some yam felt-tipped "the score (literally) on the door". The way Hibs were playing didn't make pleasant reading. I don't recall what was written up post that fateful day...

Tosh McKinlay, Jim Duffy and Harvey (was it Hibee Paul Harvey?) in the Dundee Team.

History was cruelly documented before the audience as told by the ridiculous put on (Shirley) accent of Archie (woof) MacPherson...

Shame really.
Did you cry in 86?

Yes, I did. With laughter.

Bostonhibby
19-09-2013, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=weonlywon6-2;3751392]Yep,cried my eyes out.lets be honest they deserved to win the league

Remember the day well, I wet myself. Does that count? :-)

weonlywon6-2
19-09-2013, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=weonlywon6-2;3751392]Yep,cried my eyes out.lets be honest they deserved to win the league

Remember the day well, I wet myself. Does that count? :-)

Yep,that counts

Thinking back it was just brilliant.had a great night in the grassmarket after

weonlywon6-2
19-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Yep,cried my eyes out.lets be honest they deserved to win the league

Haha

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm sat in my speedos on a balcony in Bulgaria wiping a tear away lads.

Golden Bear
19-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I remember that fantastic day well.

I'd been playing golf with a temperamental (and very big yam) and when we got back into the clubhouse the games were getting near the nitty gritty stage as the final whistles got nearer.

There was a large group of Celts and Hibbies in the clubhouse watching the news come through on the TV and they were going absolutely berserk. I was dying to join them but out of respect to my yam golfing buddy I refrained from showing too much joy there and then. He eventually stomped out of the clubhouse and I swear he was almost foaming at the mouth.

Q the celebrations for me.

:cheers:

Bostonhibby
19-09-2013, 05:17 PM

Are you sure it was a bulgarian balcony that erky was sitting on that made him cry? Maybe it was a pointy Russian hat.

Aldo
19-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Lets just say I'm still laughing. Good enough for them. The best bit about that day was the capitulation at Love Street and then those greeting faced twats.... Followed up a few weeks later when 'Drop the ball' laid it on a plate for Smellic.

Very drunken weekend that was.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Are you sure it was a bulgarian balcony that erky was sitting on that made him cry? Maybe it was a pointy Russian hat.

I could be wrong, so many of them have been teary-eyed recently I forget which flump is which.

Saorsa
19-09-2013, 05:24 PM
The only thing funnier than 86 :faf: will be 2013 when they go pop :faf: :faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Kleenex required? ;)

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Kleenex required? ;)

Pervert :greengrin:

Aldo
19-09-2013, 05:30 PM
The only thing funnier than 86 :faf: will be 2013 when they go pop :faf: :faf:

Agreed. I will defo shed a tear that day. Of total and utter laughter.

Chump
19-09-2013, 05:45 PM

Shame really.
Did you cry in 86?

I remember being at ER that day and we were losing 1-2 to Dundee Utd.....when AK scored the place went nuts but when the second went him it absolutely erupted!! Truly was one of my most memorable games at ER (even although we lost!) :greengrin:greengrin

Miguel
19-09-2013, 05:53 PM
One of the greatest nights of my life.
It was seven years after I had left school. There were only two Jambos in my year and met one of them that night - that was fun...
The other was the current Yams stadium announcer - wish I'd met him!

FranckSuzy
19-09-2013, 05:56 PM
I remember being at ER that day and we were losing 1-2 to Dundee Utd.....when AK scored the place went nuts but when the second went him it absolutely erupted!! Truly was one of my most memorable games at ER (even although we lost!) :greengrin:greengrin

:agree: Was in the old main stand and there were grown men crying all around me. With laughter. Some still are. Shame. :fenlon

eastterrace
19-09-2013, 06:13 PM
what i remember most about that season , we played them with about 5 or 6 games to go and drew 0-0 , but i was at the game in the old centre stand which was mixed and there was a jambo a few feet along from me with a jersey on saying premier champions 1985/86 season and he was kissing the badge in front of me saying he had got hundreds of these made to sell when they win the league, i always get a warm feeling thinking how much money that twat lost on his project. :wink:

Hibrandenburg
19-09-2013, 06:13 PM
I was based near Bremen at the time and been able to switch off about what was happening in the Scottish league. I was back on holiday on that day though and spent the night getting blootered with the old man in the Hibs Club. There were a few tears shed that night down Sunnyside.

Simkin911
19-09-2013, 06:18 PM

I was there in 1986 - east terracing in line with the half way line. Won't ever forget that game.... Despite the defeat at ER!

Pat 0-7
19-09-2013, 06:37 PM

I left early with a radio stuck to my ear and was bouncing (literally jumping up and down) along Albion Road when the Dundee goals went in.............:faf:

:boo hoo:ya yam fuds

GIRFUY

Pat 0-7
19-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I was there in 1986 - east terracing in line with the half way line. Won't ever forget that game.... Despite the defeat at ER!

:agree: just left of the halfway line for me.........

Chump
19-09-2013, 06:45 PM
what i remember most about that season , we played them with about 5 or 6 games to go and drew 0-0 , but i was at the game in the old centre stand which was mixed and there was a jambo a few feet along from me with a jersey on saying premier champions 1985/86 season and he was kissing the badge in front of me saying he had got hundreds of these made to sell when they win the league, i always get a warm feeling thinking how much money that twat lost on his project. :wink:

My Uncle owns Image Printers and he lost a lot of money as they'd already printed league and cup winners t-shirts etc.....only time I've laughed at his misfortune but couldn't help it :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
19-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Was in the east doing the conga !!

Jonnyboy
19-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Cry? I was very nearly inconsolable when AK missed out on a hat-trick

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2013, 06:58 PM
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard about their dented pride
but something touched me deep inside
the day The Hearts would hide

singing cry, cry,
jambo legions all cried
drinking bevy full of heavy til the bevy ran dry
them sad old boys, mullet hairdos n highlights
singin this will be the day that we hide.
This will be the day that we hide...

eastterrace
19-09-2013, 07:01 PM
My Uncle owns Image Printers and he lost a lot of money as they'd already printed league and cup winners t-shirts etc.....only time I've laughed at his misfortune but couldn't help it :greengrin

might be same person , so he ended up doing noto bad then after that hefty loss.

weecounty hibby
19-09-2013, 08:42 PM
I remember that day like it was yesterday. Was the first game all season home and away that the Alloa branch didn't run a bus. Two carloads of us went to the game and the sight of all of the buses heading to the Forth bridge was sickening.
Anyway got to ER and game v utd was crap. HT and we all know Celtic 4-0 ip and Hearts drawing. prayers being said for a Dundee goal. Hibs lose1-2 but the magic started when the buzz started from the old North stand and made its way to the East. Prayers answered in the form of Saint Albert of Kidd. Cue much dancing and singing inside ER
Onto the evening entertainment....3 of us got left in Edinburgh so after much drinking we ended up at Waverley. We were advised by a copper that we shouldn't really go for a pint as the bar was full of grieving yam fuds. Did we take his advice? Did we ****!! In we stroll scarves on, buy a round and start singing Hibs songs. Not a cheep out of any of them!!! Train back to Stirling was too late to get the last bus to Alloa so we start to hoof it. Started to try to stop cars to get a lift by lying down in the middle of the road. Eventually got a lift home...... by the polis who had been called as we were being loud, drunk and more than a wee bit stupid! How we never got battered, lifted, run over, killed or a combination of all of these is a total mystery.
For this great day i would like to thank the following people. Hector McKenzie and Ian McLean for bevying and partying all day. All the polis who left us to it and indeed helped us home. Hibs just for being Hibs. Albert Kidd for becoming a Hibs legend. The entire Hearts team from that season for being the biggest shower of bottle merchants ever. And of course each and every jambo who was telling us for months that they were going to win the league an were distraught at the end of the match.
To answer the question. Cry? You bet, with laughter. So much i very nearly pissed myself too

lord bunberry
19-09-2013, 08:58 PM

I was at er that day as well, it was my first full season following the cabbage. I remember the east going mental when sir albert scored, I was living in lorne street at the time and I remember the celebrations went on long into the night.

gillythehibby
19-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I couldny cry because i was too busy trying to calm doon after going mental in the east terrace when Dundee scored. :-) I think i nearly killed my cousin when i jumped on him in the excitement :-)

Glory Lurker
19-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I was listening on the radio, but not really paying attention because I didn't really want to hear that bunch winning the league. When "Kidd" scored the first, I assumed it was Walter and it took a few seconds to realise it wasn't. Then a "Kidd" scores again, and the commentator says there's yams on the pitch. Could only mean Walter. Gutted. But hang on, what's he saying...? I might have smirked slightly. :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

erin go bragh
19-09-2013, 09:14 PM
The tears were streaming down my cheeks .

Ggtth

truehibernian
19-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Was laughing apples that day......ironically enough I was playing for Hearts in a youth tournament months before too (only a fives tourney) - had to wear that minging silver strip too....think it had Mita or something across it !

I've washed with wire wool and dettol since 😀

lord bunberry
19-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Does anyone remember reading the hibs monthly article about the boys who went down to london to avoid being in edinburgh the day the charity theives won the league, only to find out late in the day that they had ******* it up.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I was only four at the time so had no idea. If that was to happen now and we had Hibs.net........I'd double my post count in the space of 12 hours.

Away from here I've never even discussed it with anyone publicly, my old man has never mentioned it either.

Nice to see they suffered from misguided arrogance even as far as back as nearly 30 years ago though. Consistent.

truehibernian
19-09-2013, 10:25 PM
1986 Hearts fans wore Le Shark, had terrible back bubble perms, and played Jet Set Willy on their Spectrums !

1986 Hibs fans wore Lacoste and ruled the streets like kings!

We may have been sheeeeite on the pitch, but they simply couldn't match us for style - they still can't !

Hibs have always been dashing - in all senses of the word 😀

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2013, 10:29 PM
3 players in the Dees team with Hibs connections that day...

Jim Duffy (I know)
Graham Harvey
Rab Shannon (I know)

fatbloke
19-09-2013, 10:32 PM
aye wi' laughter

Big Frank
19-09-2013, 10:41 PM
I was a young lad in the old centre stand. Still laughing.:aok:

Imagine my joy when I and a good few Hibbies "tagged" along to watch them be humiliated against aberdeen in the 86 SCF. :aok:

Hertz *******s

SquashedFrogg
19-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I was there. My old man is a yam. I was 10. I witnessed it from the main stand.

Too young to appreciate it if I'm being honest.

Still nice to know I was there though....

My JFK moment I guess lol

DoonTheSlope
19-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Possibly (leaving aside the birth of my kids) the happiest day of my life :)

truehibernian
19-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I was there. My old man is a yam. I was 10. I witnessed it from the main stand.

Too young to appreciate it if I'm being honest.

Still nice to know I was there though....

My JFK moment I guess lol

Always intrigues me this SF, and I'm not trolling believe me - how did you end up a Hibee if your old boy was a Hearts man ?

My great grandad, grandad, dad and myself are Hibees - and my son - it was never 'inflicted' on me, I just fell into it and fell in love with Hibs myself (I think).

Always interested to know about family rivalries in a Hibs/Hearts sense - as I said earlier, I was on the verge of signing 'S Forms' for them but always always felt a Hibs fan - quite weird really.

FranckSuzy
19-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Always intrigues me this SF, and I'm not trolling believe me - how did you end up a Hibee if your old boy was a Hearts man ?

My great grandad, grandad, dad and myself are Hibees - and my son - it was never 'inflicted' on me, I just fell into it and fell in love with Hibs myself (I think).

Always interested to know about family rivalries in a Hibs/Hearts sense - as I said earlier, I was on the verge of signing 'S Forms' for them but always always felt a Hibs fan - quite weird really.

My dad was a Hearts fan. albeit an armchair one, who grew up in Grove Street. My uncle is a Hibby and grew up in MacDonald Road. Basically, because my dad wasn't really ersed about going to games but my uncle was, we're Hibbies. TF for that :agree: :greengrin His son, my cousin, is a Jambo however as he went to Forrester and had his head turned by schoolmates :crazy:

SON OF PADDY
19-09-2013, 11:02 PM
What a day !!!
Went to ER on my own, usual guys did'nt want to go !
Old main stand north
Radio stuck to my ear, praying for a miracle like all of us.
To be honest our game ment nothing to me that day, everyone's minds
Where in Dundee
Suddenly the news comes over that Kidd has scored "" then we relies it's no that prick Walter, nerves kick in could this really be happening !
Could the Chunky Chicken Champions really be heading for defeat !
You ****ing better believe it , Albert scores again and the Jambo's cry all the way home from Den's.

.Sean.
19-09-2013, 11:36 PM
The way some of you go on I'm surprised you've yet to try and induct 86 onto Hibs' list of honours. Cringeworthy, and you wonder why they think of us as the wee team, clinging onto their failure nearly 30 years ago like it's our success.

FranckSuzy
19-09-2013, 11:49 PM
The way some of you go on I'm surprised you've yet to try and induct 86 onto Hibs' list of honours. Cringeworthy, and you wonder why they think of us as the wee team, clinging onto their failure nearly 30 years ago like it's our success.

You had to be there :agree:

Saorsa
19-09-2013, 11:51 PM
The way some of you go on I'm surprised you've yet to try and induct 86 onto Hibs' list of honours. Cringeworthy, and you wonder why they think of us as the wee team, clinging onto their failure nearly 30 years ago like it's our success.:tumble:

MSK
20-09-2013, 07:07 AM
The way some of you go on I'm surprised you've yet to try and induct 86 onto Hibs' list of honours. Cringeworthy, and you wonder why they think of us as the wee team, clinging onto their failure nearly 30 years ago like it's our success.Originally posted by Sean - Sorry, been out all day...And i'm wondering, just by how many goals did Hearts beat St Mirren by in retaliation for 1986?

Not that it matters eh. Wee Cup and that anyway

Aye, lets no go on about it eh Sean ..its cringeworthy ...:aok:

Saorsa
20-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Sean - Sorry, been out all day...And i'm wondering, just by how many goals did Hearts beat St Mirren by in retaliation for 1986?

Aye, lets no go on about it eh Sean ..its cringeworthy ...:aok::tee hee:

Even worse, slagging them off for something that happened when you weren't even alive. Then getting caught out, telling other folk they shouldnae be doing it even if they were alive and auld enough tae remember it when it happened.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2013, 07:37 AM

You really had to be there to appreciate their arrogance Sean. They had won it and the cup months earlier in their minds, they culturally believe when they are told-look at mr Vlads' reign.

Many Hibbies from that era will do this because there are still many of that yam culture around, their certainty was so strong that the pain of disappointment was huge, many still believe they lost due to a conspiracy!

If you contrast our fortunes in terms of security for the club, finances and reputation and how both clubs arrived at where they are today since 86 I am not in the least surprised that a great many of us want to mock this episode in Yam history to pile the agony on. There's a common thread here, arrogance, an inflated opinion built on nothing at best and debt/cheating at worst.

FFS I have yet to meet a yam who doesn't cream themselves over 1902 and they were unlikely to have been around at the time, unless Vlad told them they were.

I was about then and enjoyed it enormously, not because it was a great Hibs event but because of how they decided they'd got it won and so carried on. The modern day equivalent is really how they swallowed the CL, megasuperhotelstadium and share issue crap.

I worked with a maroon suit wearing yam that season, that really was the only one where he was that bothered about them, pleasingly he ended up on one of the more popular photos of them crying! The pleasure I felt then was like that which many of us are enjoying over a longer spell at their fate today.

haagsehibby
20-09-2013, 08:43 AM

I was at that game and I always like to think that that was the point which made them lose the title :greengrin

greenpaper55
20-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I remember drinking with a yam mate that night and he was convinced it was a stitch up and i hope it was as they have stitched up plenty of teams with their cheating. That year they were so arrogant it was unbelievable and they got their just rewards for it, a wonderful day that i remember with warm satisfaction.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2013, 08:57 AM

Indeed historic rivalry has no place in football... None of this we won you lost, we lost but you lost more spectacularly nonsense. What window in history do the slates get wiped ?- when they are liquidated presumably ;)

Fife-Hibee
20-09-2013, 09:15 AM
the way some of you go on i'm surprised you've yet to try and induct 86 onto hibs' list of honours. Cringeworthy, and you wonder why they think of us as the wee team, clinging onto their failure nearly 30 years ago like it's our success.

ltyf :-))

California-Hibs
20-09-2013, 10:07 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/132955-86-final-day-win-or-190512/

We already knew, and have done for a long time, that what happened at Dens Park in 1986 hurt the Jambos big time.

However if ever further proof was ever needed take a read at that thread. The pain they feel over 86 is strong and almost everyone on there admits they wish it never happened and that they'd swap their cup win over us for it!

Yet you'll have plenty of those muppets trying to pretend to you that it never hurt atall. Blah blah blah.

Those animals truely do live on another planet! Some are even talking about there 0/5-0/6 team and how it hurt that they never won the league that year. That was the team they were playing that they could in no way shape or form afford mind, and while now crippling in administration not a single one of them acknowledges this!

I REALLY hope their team dies, like...REALLY!

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Why do folk look at that site if it bothers you so much? Its their fans forum, let the mongs get on with it!

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Dens(e) - quite poetic when you think about it...

matty_f
20-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Why do folk look at that site if it bothers you so much? Its their fans forum, let the mongs get on with it!

:agree: Fair to say I spent a lot if time on there years ago but I soon realised that life is a lot better the less interaction you have with that particular breed of Yam.

I reckon it's probably about 7 years or so (give or take) since I even read anything from there, and life is a lot better for it.

Best just leaving them to it, imho. Nothing that they say is of any relevance to me.

PatHead
20-09-2013, 10:52 AM

Could have sold bucketloads down Easter Road if he had any sense. He could have just added NOT

PatHead
20-09-2013, 10:59 AM
3 players in the Dees team with Hibs connections that day...

Jim Duffy (I know)
Graham Harvey
Rab Shannon (I know)

How can you not add Saint Albert Kidd to that list? The greatest Hibs non players of all time without a doubt.

matty_f
20-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Sean - Sorry, been out all day...And i'm wondering, just by how many goals did Hearts beat St Mirren by in retaliation for 1986?

Aye, lets no go on about it eh Sean ..its cringeworthy ...:aok:

:hilarious:

VPHIBEE
20-09-2013, 12:40 PM
:agree: Was in the old main stand and there were grown men crying all around me. With laughter. Some still are. Shame. :fenlon

I remember the players on the pitch had a momentary pause as they were unsure what was going on. The UTD fans were jumping around as well. A few mates and I went up to the Caledonian later to laugh at the Jambo's who had turned up for the victory parade, even though they had not won anything.

Simkin911
20-09-2013, 01:18 PM

I'm recounting a memorable day at ER. That's my focus. Unfortunately, the number of memorable days at ER in the last 30 years aren't exactly free flowing from my memory. It wasn't "success" - we lost 1-2 after all but it was a bright moment in an otherwise unfruitful period of time for Hibs.

Funnily enough, I also remember when snowballs would get chucked at players too. Don't see that very often nowadays. Again, not a "success", but I laugh inside thinking about it. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2013, 02:00 PM
In 1986 Phil Collins was blessed by an Invisible Touch and Could Feel It in the air and so penned this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwing_It_All_Away

The front cover surely made it to the fanzines of the time.

johnnywaspsting
20-09-2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qywda-v64c

3 mins 30 seconds into this one is even better

lord bunberry
20-09-2013, 08:25 PM
What this thread needs is pictorial evidence, I never tire or seeing crying jambos. I particularly like the one of davy provan in the dugout.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2013, 08:32 PM
What this thread needs is pictorial evidence, I never tire or seeing crying jambos. I particularly like the one of davy provan in the dugout.

This is my personal favourite, all done out in their brand new hats and scarves.

Saorsa
20-09-2013, 08:32 PM
What this thread needs is pictorial evidence, I never tire or seeing crying jambos. I particularly like the one of davy provan in the dugout.http://i39.tinypic.com/10qj3mw.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2cgjxvp.gif

Saorsa
20-09-2013, 08:34 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2uomkk0.gif

Saorsa
20-09-2013, 08:37 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/a4lsle.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/5v11sn.jpg

Saorsa
20-09-2013, 08:39 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/ruse1s.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2s6sihf.gif

Saorsa
20-09-2013, 08:41 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/1552umd.gif

eastterrace
20-09-2013, 08:45 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/a4lsle.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/5v11sn.jpg

this is one of my favourite ones:top marks

Simkin911
20-09-2013, 09:20 PM
this is one of my favourite ones:top marks

Oh my sides are a splitting......

Jonnyboy
20-09-2013, 09:29 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/10qj3mw.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2cgjxvp.gif

The guy on the right in the second picture looks scarily like Gordon Chisholm who was a Hibs player for a while

edwards
20-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Best day of my life, I worked at Waterloo Place and saw them all trooping to the station.All the jambos singing songs in the work slagging hibs.
Went home gutted and didn't want to listen to the game so done some gardening, the wife kept popping out updating me with the Celtic score. My first thoughts were surely no I think Celtic were 5-0 when it all went wrong at Dens Park. The misses popped out to tell me that there had been a goal at Dens and that Kidd had scored [ **** It ] was my responce until I heard it was 1-0 for Dundee, must have threw this hammer about 30 feet in the air and danced around the garden, she then popped out to tell me it was 6-0 for Celtic.
The best moment came when she came out to tell me Dundee had got a second. All my chriistmases came at once as this arrogant jambo from around the corner passed and i gave him total abuse [ It felt sooooo good ].Went around the Fernihill Inn to meet them in the pub coming off the bus as there was a dozen bottles of shampers behind the bar. Man size kleenex at the ready and fights broke out between celtic and Herts fans in the boozer.

As I said BEST DAY OF MY LIFE :thumbsup:

kaimendhibs
20-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm crying years of laughter looking at those pics. I was working that day, with loads of jambos. Made working a Saturday more than worth it

Sent from my iphone

weecounty hibby
21-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Although i had a great time that day, as detailed earlier, but the best footballing days for me were the LC wins in 91 and 2007. Dens in 86 was the funniest day ever and one that still makes me laugh. Closely followed by Hampden 86. Double winners my ****ing arse!!

Miguel
21-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Left my brother's house with 10 minutes to go and utterly dejected. Got to my Mum's and a 'Tic supporting mate 'phoned saying he was looking forward to going up the town tonight. Said he must be mental as it would be crawling with celebrating fuds: he said haven't you heard the scores? Went out on our balcony and shouted 'ya ******g beauty'. Boy we celebrated that night!

trev the hat
21-09-2013, 10:48 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/ruse1s.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2s6sihf.gif[/QUOTE]

That has to be one of THE best pics I've ever seen, sheer class, befitting what's coming they're way.10/10 DD

IberianHibernian
21-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Like many other Hibbies round the world at that time , relied on crackly service on BBC World Service Sports Report programme . English football ( and other events like rugby or Grand National ) usually had priority and I remember listening to our SC QF win against Celtic a few weeks before with " this happened " and " then this happened " for all 7 goals in our 4 v 3 win at Holy Ground . The day of the Dundee v Hearts was similar in that there must have been a big match in England at same time so BBC coverage was again recorded stuff after the match like " this happened " then " this happened " fortunately both Dundee goals . Was with a few Spaniards who`d seen me follow Hibs`fortunes on radio all that season ( and a couple had been at Hibs End with me at New Year Derby ) and they also enjoyed result though from a distance it all seemed unreal anyway - I was used to Hearts being beaten in Derbies and playing in First Division ( 2nd level ) not almost winning the league ) . The BBC reporter Paddy Feeney (Irishman with a very posh English accident who overseas Hibbies of the time will remember ) seemed to enjoy Dundee result too . A few years later I exchanged letters with him about poor BBC coverage of 1991 final against Dunfermline and he mentioed he had close family members who supported Hibs .and always looked out for our results .