PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd singing section

IanM
19-09-2013, 07:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24153904

quite similar to our discussions regarding moving the singing section to behind the goals - except this is still seated.. and a trial..

did we ever approach the club with this idea?

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2013, 07:37 AM
By Christ they certainly need one. A club suffocated by its own success. Ten mins to go against Leverkusen and there was empty seats everywhere.

allezsauzee
19-09-2013, 12:01 PM
By Christ they certainly need one. A club suffocated by its own success. Ten mins to go against Leverkusen and there was empty seats everywhere.

To be fair, they were selling off all the remaining prawn sandwiches half price at that point.

HH81
19-09-2013, 12:18 PM

A lot of fans off to beat the traffic as its a long drive to Exeter, Dover, Falkirk and London.

God Petrie
19-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Haha 1400 people out of £70k. Not long ago they had an acoustics "expert" in because fans complained about the atmosphere.

They're just another big club with boring fans sedated by success and a support that's about 30% tourists.

LancashireHibby
19-09-2013, 12:21 PM
You reap what you sow.

lucky
19-09-2013, 12:36 PM
You reap what you sow.

I wish we had sowed their sucess. ER is morgue like most weeks and that's without the sucess.

RIP
19-09-2013, 02:07 PM

quite similar to our discussions regarding moving the singing section to behind the goals - except this is still seated.. and a trial..

This is a provisional item on the agenda for a meeting this Saturday at ER :thumbsup:

Waiting to hear if people are going to pitch up to propose it

JIm
19-09-2013, 02:50 PM

But the big question is, do they advocate pyro? :devil:

Off the bar
19-09-2013, 03:13 PM

atmosphere sounded rank on the telly you could hear the players shout to each other above the crowd

Haymaker
19-09-2013, 10:49 PM
atmosphere sounded rank on the telly you could hear the players shout to each other above the crowd

Said that about the Chelsea game.

joe breezy
19-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Away support is a different story like most supports really...

Been away with United quite a few times; Spurs, Leeds, Fulham, Chelsea, always a good laugh always very noisy

Only been to Old Trafford once though - I always thought the Stretford End was the singing section predominantly

Miguel
19-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Been going to United since the mid 1990s.
At that point, the vast majority of the people there were 'real' fans and it was an impressive atmosphere.
Today, the ground is a tourist attraction for most games below category A, and the only real atmosphere is in or near the Stretford End.
But for a big match, it's still an amazing venue and - contrary to what you might expect - there's a lot of passion and noise.
The empty seats, particularly at night games, and even for natives, is about getting home.
You've got 75,000 people served by one I'll served train station on site, a couple of quite distant tram stops and a piss poor bus service.
Will take you best part of 45 minutes to get into centre of town walking, so options are quite limited...

Keith_M
20-09-2013, 10:37 AM
They're obviously just following Hibs with this, as we've had a Singing Section since the New East was built :wink:

RIP
20-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Noticed this is a fans-led initiative just like our East Stand Singing Section, Sect43 and LWT.

These things are always best left to supporters to get off the ground

LancashireHibby
20-09-2013, 11:59 AM
You've got 75,000 people served by one I'll served train station on site, a couple of quite distant tram stops and a piss poor bus service.

Unless you know what you're doing...:wink:

hibbill2002
20-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Away support is a different story like most supports really...

Been away with United quite a few times; Spurs, Leeds, Fulham, Chelsea, always a good laugh always very noisy

Only been to Old Trafford once though - I always thought the Stretford End was the singing section predominantly
Stretford End Benidorm, Grubs guid tae

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Stretford End Benidorm, Grubs guid tae

Always pop in and put my coupon on there. :agree:

hibbill2002
21-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Always pop in and put my coupon on there. :agree:

Just about to do that masel! :-)

Since90+2
21-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Their home support is shocking but they have probably the best away support in the EPL.

brian6-2
21-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Their home support is shocking but they have probably the best away support in the EPL.

hahahahahahahaha!! your having a laugh eh!? worst home support, worst away support. celtic of the EPL.

mind you, name of the thread got a bigger laugh, "man united singing section" surely thats a laugh.

LancashireHibby
21-09-2013, 12:52 PM
hahahahahahahaha!! your having a laugh eh!? worst home support, worst away support. celtic of the EPL.

mind you, name of the thread got a bigger laugh, "man united singing section" surely thats a laugh.
I despise United, par for the course as a lifelong Bolton fan, but I have to begrudgingly admit that no other club comes close in terms of away support, both for numbers and noise, although in recent years there seems to be a lot less 'lads' than 10-15 years ago.

Haymaker
21-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Was it not part of Keanes rant that he mentioned they heard Uniteds away support more than their home? Always found united away fans great myself and their proper fans are as mental as any other teams.

brian6-2
21-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I despise United, par for the course as a lifelong Bolton fan, but I have to begrudgingly admit that no other club comes close in terms of away support, both for numbers and noise, although in recent years there seems to be a lot less 'lads' than 10-15 years ago.

My opinion is purely biased of course as i go and watch City from time to time, Must say though, City's home support is completely different as it was at Maine Road. But as for travelling away with city, always noisy and decent numbers. Was at the FA cup manchester derby a couple of years ago and you never got a peep out of the united fans till they went ahead and big Vincent was sent off, shocking for a derby.

LancashireHibby
21-09-2013, 01:15 PM
My opinion is purely biased of course as i go and watch City from time to time, Must say though, City's home support is completely different as it was at Maine Road. But as for travelling away with city, always noisy and decent numbers. Was at the FA cup manchester derby a couple of years ago and you never got a peep out of the united fans till they went ahead and big Vincent was sent off, shocking for a derby.
I'm used to having the "City fans are the best around" myth crammed down my throat. Oddly it went quiet for quite a while when they took less than 1,500 to Wigan for two years in a row from a possible allocation of 5,000.

brian6-2
21-09-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm used to having the "City fans are the best around" myth crammed down my throat. Oddly it went quiet for quite a while when they took less than 1,500 to Wigan for two years in a row from a possible allocation of 5,000.

wigan though, who wants to go there, egg chasing country :wink:

LancashireHibby
21-09-2013, 01:23 PM
wigan though, who wants to go there, egg chasing country :wink:

I have to go to the dump every day for work so away fans have my sympathy!