PDA

View Full Version : 0-3 versus the huns at Ibrox - who did the treble and attended all three?

hibs0666
18-09-2013, 05:16 PM
I was fortunate enough to be one of the uber-fans :wink: that was there for all three games. All three games were memorable in their own ways,

Who else made it to all three, and which was your particular favourite? For me it was the one under Calderwood - teensy Hibs support through as a total horsing was on the cards. :thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
18-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Made the first two but not the third one. Was it a January game? Got a feeling I was still in the office. Cup game was my favourite out of those two. Had draw ht hibs ft and o Connor to score first as well. Paid my trip!

Billy Whizz
18-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Was at all 3. One of the few Hibs few at Calderwood's 3-0 win, as it was the midweek after a terrible performance against Hearts and we didn't take too many through

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Was at all 3. One of the few Hibs few at Calderwood's 3-0 win, as it was the midweek after a terrible performance against Hearts and we didn't take too many through

Was at them all, each one was magic in it's own way, was always great pumping oldco on their own turf.....

Mr White
18-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Missed all three and in 5 visits to Ibrox have never seen hibs win :boo hoo:I was in new zealand for Ivan's hatrick and the cup game, was pretty good waking up to those scores! Funnily enough I've a very different record at celtc park- in 5 visits the only time I've seen us beaten was the 93 league cup final, undefeated against the lesser greens in 4 league matches though!:flag:

Albanian Hibs
18-09-2013, 07:13 PM
2 out of 3 for me. Missed the most recent one due to being on hols in Albania.

Pretty Boy
18-09-2013, 07:22 PM
2 for me.

Missed the Calderclown one.

jonty
18-09-2013, 07:26 PM
2 for me.

Missed the Calderclown one.
Ditto.

hibbysam
18-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Was at all three! All three cracking days/nights in there own rights!

Bunter
18-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Three out of three for me.
Every one brilliant in their own way.

Col2
18-09-2013, 07:59 PM
None for me. Terrible sickness bug when Ivan made his momentus mark.

As an aside I haven't seen us score a goal since early May...

One Day
18-09-2013, 08:54 PM
2 out of 3 for me. Missed the most recent one due to being on hols in Albania.

me too, was a last minute decision not to go to the 3rd. one i regreted

SteveHFC
18-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Missed all 3. But nearly went to the 3-0 win under Calderwood :cb

Iggy Pope
18-09-2013, 10:16 PM
All 3.
Ivans hat trick was the topper ( and the support that day was not as big as the numbers who claim to have been there :cb ) but at the last 3 nil I happened to 'enjoy' hospitality at it and it scored the Dnipro kids a few quid via these boards.
Battering these *******s was always special though.

KWJ
19-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Missed all 3.

Have never seen us win at Ibrox or Celtic Park in somewhere about 10-20 visits.

Bill Milne
19-09-2013, 07:42 AM
The cup win was best as so many more attended. Singing "We are the peepul" at the departing Hun was memorable.

California-Hibs
19-09-2013, 08:25 AM
1 1/2 for me! The Sproule hat trick, and then the first half of the cup game, was lifted by Glasgows finest at half time. Was a complete joke, I was sitting right at the segregation line and like everyone around me, I was jumping up and down doing the Hibees Bounce, singing all the songs like usual etc, while occasional turning to the Huns while in mid song. Half time 0-0, dad goes off for a pee and the guy infront of me goes, "that policeman coming up the stairs is coming for you pal, he's been radioing and looking at you"

Sure enough, he comes along the row and slaps the cuffs on me and walks me up the stairs! I was shouting angrily at how much of a joke it was, done nothing wrong etc.

Then my dad walking down the stairs sees me and while looking extremely confused starts shouting to the policeman to let me go, that I'd done nothing wrong and so forth.

Anyway, didn't change anything and I was thrown in a temporary cell within Ibrox. Then about 15 minutes later a guy is thrown into my cell joyfully shouting and singing. I quickly stood up very cautious as to wether he was a Hun or a Hibee. However seeing me in my Hibs top he comes right up to, lifts me up and shouts "Gary O'Connor ya beauty!!"

Then a short while later we feel the cell shake. Crap, we though, the Huns have equalized. Then again awhile later, cells starts to shake. Owell, a 2-1 loss, typical Hibs! Officer then comes to the window around 5pm - "right, you guys are being transferred to Govan Prison" we then asked him what the score was? "Ye's won 3-0"...we didn't believe him and said "aye, right then. Seriously, what was it?

"Three Effin Nill" was his response. Me and this complete stranger in the cell then repeatedly jump up and down fist pumping the air!

Then the cuffs were put back on and we were matched outside where there was THOUSANDS of Huns walking out the stadium onto the street. My heart was beating big time while having the biggest smile on my face! We were approaching the meat wagon and as we did the Hun to my left called me a dirty little Fenian *****. I then at the top of my voice for all to hear shouted. "C'MON THE HIBEES, GET IT RIGHT UP THE *****IN LOT OF YE'S"

The seethe was MENTAL, but they couldn't get to me because a second later I was thrown in the wagon!

Then it was off to the jail and I was there for a few hours.

Got out around 7.30pm to see my dad and his 2 mates waiting in the reception area. The first thing I shouted when I saw him was....

"Did we REALLY win 0-3?!"

They all laughed, and it was smiles as we got in the car and headed back to Edinburgh. I was 17 when this happened.

There's my story

DarrenSQH
19-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Was at the first 2.

The Ivan game was one of the best days ever.

Always loved the day Murphy scored to win 1-0 and send us top. Both times I nearly had the exact same seat.

erin go bragh
19-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Cup game only , but what a game , was also at the cup game in 85 ( league cup semi) when we lost 1-0 but won the tie 2-1 on agg .
Ggtth

Heisenberg
19-09-2013, 09:56 AM
The Calderclown game still absolutely puzzles me. Team full of guys like De Graaf, Dickoh and Trakys stroll into Ibrox and played them off the park. Was a great laugh as 200-300 Hibees went mental in the wee corner as Dickoh slammed in the third. Go home ya huns indeed.

ivan03
19-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I was at 2/3. missed the scottish cup one as it was my mum and dads wedding, still watched it though, great day all round!

Dont even know why i attended the 0-3 (Calderwood) game on the cold wednesday night after us getting beat from hearts on the sunday and looked like we couldn't score if we played all night.

The ups and downs or being a Hibee! :greengrin

silverhibee
19-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Was at the first 2, had a ticket for the 3rd game but decided not to go.

Spike Mandela
19-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Missed all 3 as I tend not to go to Ibrox or Parkhead these days. Used to go all the time but the only Ibrox win I can remember for certain was when Keith Houchen scored the winner.

One of my favourite games we lost was when we were leading at HT and top of the league if results stayed the same only for Joe T to come on, score an OG and we lost 4-2.

God Petrie
19-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Think I've seen the last 5 wins at Ibrox.

0-1 Jackson penalty
0-3 sproule
0-3 cup
0-1 Murphy
0-3 coco

Spike Mandela
19-09-2013, 01:44 PM
http://youtu.be/KKXlgf37iFQ

Spike Mandela
19-09-2013, 01:45 PM
http://youtu.be/x-ZZfEOzBPE

Spike Mandela
19-09-2013, 01:47 PM
http://youtu.be/rBFVuiEJm10

Hermit Crab
20-09-2013, 07:03 AM

I done the treble, roughly 250 at the calderwood game. Was also at the Murphy 0-1 match.

Dalianwanda
20-09-2013, 07:33 AM
2 out of three for me..cup game was great atmosphere unreal, never been so pumped at a game..

I do remember a loan Hun at the end dressed head to toe in flags and scarfs giving us abuse going up the steps, missing one and falling flat on his face...amusing

oconnors_strip
20-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Was at all 3. The calderwood game was crazy, only about 300 of us but we sang our hearts out then the bus journey back was mental! Bus was bouncing and being in a q beside buses of Huns was fantastic, gesturing to them the score, hand signs etc, singing to our driver "slow down cause theres huns behind, speed up cause theres huns in front".bus was so hot and sweaty by the time we got out of Glasgow it felt like a nightclub.

Oh and I got a policeman's number that night to :greengrin:

Titch
20-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Missed the cup game due to being deployed in Iraq (watched on the telly though)
Was at the other two

Jones28
20-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Cup game only for me, but boy was it special!

Ayrshire Hibee
21-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Was lucky enough to be at all 3 :wink: the Calderwood game tickets were bought before the Hearts game & was thinking on not turning up but my son & i headed up & there was 280 of us there that night & never heard such a small support make such a noise!! the place was bouncing:flag:the Ivan game i got a lift up from the then Rangers Manager Alex Mcleishs brother (i worked beside big Ecks nephew) & before the game he said whats your chances & i said if we can keep it tight for most of the match then we have this wee guy who has speed to burn & might nick a goal :na na: the journey on the way home was silent as the radio had Rangers fans baying for McLeish & to top off agreat weekend i ended up at Meadowbank to watch Idlewild & Pixies at T in the Fringe the next day:cb