Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffermen

Ggtth

Hibee87
18-09-2013, 01:52 PM
If Mcgivern is fit then eyah that would be my team, if not mcpake and nelson at the back with hanlon LB.

easy 3-0 win :flag:

brian6-2
18-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Williams
Hanlon
Nelson
Stevenson
Maybury
Robertson
Craig
Taiwo
Thomson
Collins
Heffernan

Unchanged for me.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffermen

Ggtth

No wonder he's tricky to place against ;)

Stringer
18-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Williams

Maybury. Nelsen. Hanlon. McGivern

Craig. Thompson Robertson. Zoubir

Collins. Caldwell

scoopyboy
18-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffermen

Ggtth

Not against that team but I think TT will retain his place with Zoubir coming on from the bench.

FWIW Tudor Jones was in the team last weekend but pulled out with an injury on Saturday morning, TT coming in.

SMAXXA
18-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Williams

Collins. Caldwell

Aye good yin drop Heff :bye:

steve75
18-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Williams

Maybury Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Robertson Craig Thomson Zoubir

Heff Collins

If Zoubir is going to play I'd rather is wasn't in front of Maybury who, although good, I feel could be exposed with this sort of player in front of him.

I'm a Taiwo fan but St. Mirren are a team we should be looking to beat and we need to use our more attacking options.

Centre Hawf
18-09-2013, 04:38 PM
As good as Maybury was last week I would still rather persist with Stevenson at Right back if McGivern is fit enough to start at Left back. If not then keep it unchanged.

For the midfield i'd love to see either Craig or Robertson come more central at the expense of Thomson, I'd like to bring Thomson on if we're winning with about 30 minutes to go. Keeps the ball and slows the tempo down to our benefit but not when looking for goals which we should be doing from the start against St Mirren.
Williams

Stevenson/Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern/Stevenson

Zoubir/Robertson
Taiwo
Robertson/Craig
Craig/Zoubir

Heffernan
Collins

hfc rd
18-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I have a feeling Pat will stick with the same starting XI from last week. However my team would be:-

Williams

Stevenson/Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern/Stevenson

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Heffernan
Collins

Chump
18-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Williams

Collins. Caldwell

Having watched Caldwell last night in the U20's mini derby I'd say he is a very long way off getting a recall. Yes he took his penalties well but that is all he contributed in 90 mins. Hands on hips, caught flat footed, looked disinterested etc etc stinks of several young Hibs players we've seen in the past who are self obsessed at a young age.

For me he needs to give himself a kick up the back side and his attitude needs to change or he'll be waiting for a while to get his chance!!

Cauld Bovril
18-09-2013, 05:20 PM
After my "Pat won`t play 2 up front" quote for the St J game, i should probably say nowt, but with St Mirren playing with 3 defenders recently, a bit of width from Zoubir could be a good option.

Up The Bracket
18-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Why would anyone drop Stevenson? He was outstanding on Saturday and has been all season (with the exception of the derby)

Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Nelson
Maybury/McGivern if fit

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffernan

Heisenberg
18-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Heffernan
Collins

hibsbollah
18-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Zoubir
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Collins
Heffermen

Ggtth

Yes please :agree:

FromTheCapital
18-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Williams; Maybury, Nelson, Hanlon, Stevenson; Robertson, Thomson, Craig, Zoubir; Collins, Heffernan. One change from Saturday for me... Played well and I thought Taiwo was good (also did well for the first goal) but I think we need to be a bit more attacking and adventurous against St Mirren especially with us on a little bit of a roll and they've had a horror start. McGivern is our best left back in my opinion but Lewis played well against St Johnstone and so did Maybury so if people want to get back into the team then I think they've got to work hard and prove that they should be in... Easy 3-0 win for me :agree:

.Sean.
18-09-2013, 09:54 PM
It's great having as many options, there's some real quality in the midfield especially.

LancsHibs
19-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Stevenson deserves to keep his place at Left back until such time his form dips but should never play right back again, for he odd decent game at RB there have been many disasterous performance!

dangermouse
19-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Stevenson deserves to keep his place at Left back until such time his form dips but should never play right back again, for he odd decent game at RB there have been many disasterous performance!

Will he be fit for Saturday? He was on the receiving end of a meaty challenge and had to be replaced by McPake.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Same team as last week but start Zouby!

The Sea-gull
19-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Williams
Hanlon
Nelson
Stevenson
Maybury
Robertson
Craig
Taiwo
Thomson
Collins
Heffernan

Unchanged for me.

This. Don't like changing a winning team especially after a decent performance. Only time I'd do it is if a real class player who is on form such as Sauzee, Latapy, Fletcher, Riordan, Stokes or Griffiths is fully fit following a short lay off or returning from a suspension. Don't think we really have anyone who comes under the "he is brilliant so must return to the starting line up at all costs" category just now.

Don't think that team is our best and should be our chosen line up if all are fit and on form. Not sure about Robertson as a right midfielder and not sure about Maybury, Taiwo and Stevenson as regular starters. Once things settle, I would be looking to go with:-

Williams

Clancy
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Zoubi (really hope he is good as we need someone of his ilk)
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Heffernan
Collins

Definitely think Heffernan and Collins need to be given a chance to develop a partnership as it wasn't working for Collins on his own. The signing of Zoubi maybe gives us the option to play one up front now and again as him, Robertson and Craig all look like they could support a striker and with two from Thomson, Taiwo and OTJ sitting.

For McPake to come back in now he would need to get himself fit and wait for an injury/loss of form to Hanlon or Nelson. Not even 12 months ago I would have had J McP as a certain starter.

Right back remains a problem. Maybury is steady but not bullet proof and we shouldn't be relying on a 35 year old journey man long term. Clancy has a lot to prove but if he can stay fit deserves a run in the side to prove himself. Mullen seems to be becoming a forgotten man. Not a great start and poor form will always be highlighted because of where he came from. Wonder if he might benefit from being given a shot at right midfield at some point. Hoping Zoubi will make that position his onw though.

Good to be able to start discussing the squad in a more positive way again. Amazing what a difference a couple of players and decent performances/results make. We are not there by any stretch yet but things are looking a good bit better than they were 4/5 weeks ago.

wookie70
19-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Assuming they are all fit I would start the same team that started in Perth. We were the better side before Zoubir came on and were playing some good football. If Maybury is playing then I think Robertson has to play right mid. Hopefully we get a goal or two and it allows Zoubir to come on and strut his stuff

allezsauzee
19-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Which disasterous performances? I can think of Malmo, but if thats the criteria then the entire team would need to switch positions.

Andy74
19-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Same team as last week but start Zouby!

I don't think we'd be allowed to do that.

TheFamous1875
19-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Williams.

Taiwo. Nelson. Hanlon. Maybury.

Thomson.
Zoubir. Robertson. Craig.

Heffernan. Collins.

If Stevenson is injured, McPake not fully fit (he can't be rushed again!) and McGivern has not recovered yet, I think this is could be a good shout. I'd like to win comfortably and give Stanton(on for whoever is knacked/not playing as well), Forster(probs Maybs with Hanlon going LB) and Caldwell (whoever's knacked/not playing as well) a go once we were on easy streak. The best way to blood a team is in a team with confidence.

I'd love to see us attack them. Motherwell and Hearts were for the taking, so what can these guys be? They may have something to prove, but so do we. And we're at home; we SHOULD be winning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Up The Bracket
19-09-2013, 03:21 PM

Can only remember two "disastrous" games at RB, and in both of those, just about every player had a disastrous performance. Malmo at home and Hearts away.

He's been nothing but solid there aside from that

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Zouby
Robertson
Thommo
Craig

Heff
Collins

heretoday
21-09-2013, 02:13 AM
Not Maybury please! He is so awful. Don't we have anyone better?

TheFamous1875
21-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Not Maybury please! He is so awful. Don't we have anyone better?

Taiwo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Craig_in_Prague
21-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelsen
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Heff
Collins

(Pats, not mine - I'd go with BMD above)

Onceinawhile
21-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Same as last week for me.

Andy74
21-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Same as last week for me.

Agree.