PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in Europe

gav71
17-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Lying in bed tonight my six year old asked me how many times hibs have played in another country? Say for argument sake european ties only can any statos out there help ?

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Lying in bed tonight my six year old asked me how many times hibs have played in another country? Say for argument sake european ties only can any statos out there help ?

This'll give you the ones visited in European ties but remember we've been to a few to play friendlies including for example Canada, USA and Brazil

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_results_list_country.php

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Your six year old sleeps in your bed? Not sure what colour your laces should be! ;-)

Kato
17-09-2013, 09:32 PM
This'll give you the ones visited in European ties but remember we've been to a few to play friendlies including for example Canada, USA and Brazil

Always like to point this one out, Jonny. Hibs never played any friendlies in Brazil. All three games were played for the World Club Championship. :cb

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Always like to point this one out, Jonny. Hibs never played any friendlies in Brazil. All three games were played for the World Club Championship. :cb

Drat, you're right of course :greengrin

Kato
17-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Drat, you're right of course :greengrin

:greengrin

Same when it's described as a "tour" - all three games being played in the Maracana. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Friendlies in Ireland too.

Do England and Wales count as foreign countries?

Have we played in Wales?

Or Norn Ireland, for that matter?

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Deffo played in Belfast.

Russells T&T Tour springs to mind too, dear knows where we played though.

London Hibs FC
18-09-2013, 12:03 AM
South Morocco :wink:

IberianHibernian
18-09-2013, 09:28 PM

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_results_list_country.phpDon`t remember Cyprus matches in 2005 . Are results and dates correct ?

Jonnyboy
18-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Don`t remember Cyprus matches in 2005 . Are results and dates correct ?

Good spot. I missed that but can confirm it is wrong as we've never played them

--------
18-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Good spot. I missed that but can confirm it is wrong as we've never played them

We also played in Nigeria one summer way back, not against Nigerian sides IIRC but I can't remember who provided the opposition. And another summer in the States or Canada in a sort of summer league competition.

And then there was the famous Canadian tour when Willie Hamilton played in a 15-1 against some local amateurs after being out on the tiles all night; legend has it he was so hungover he didn't leave the centre circle but scored 7 goals.

Iggy Pope
18-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Friendlies in Ireland too.

Do England and Wales count as foreign countries?

Have we played in Wales?

Or Norn Ireland, for that matter?

Swansea Town in 1960 or 61.

In the North of Ireland a few times and fairly recently with a Zemmama winner against Glentoran in Belfast. Great trip once you were out of the East of it.....

Kato
18-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Haiti under Bertie Auld. There used to be an article what I wrote on this site on the game we played there. A hacking match which saw Arthur Duncan involved in a stramash. Canny find it though.