PDA

View Full Version : More blatant cheating from a Manchester U player

lapsedhibee
17-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Following Young's antics at the weekend, tonight a Manchester U player stands directly in front of the Leverkusen goalie - preventing him getting to Rooney's shot - and then completely fails to own up to the referee!

Disgrace. :grr: :panic:

SMAXXA
17-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Following Young's antics at the weekend, tonight a Manchester U player stands directly in front of the Leverkusen goalie - preventing him getting to Rooney's shot - and then completely fails to own up to the referee!

Disgrace. :grr: :panic:

:faf: Cant believe he never owned up........like that's gona happen right enough

KazHibby
17-09-2013, 07:27 PM
:faf: Cant believe he never owned up........like that's gona happen right enough

Rvp just booked for a bad bumming incident!

KazHibby
17-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Rooney sporting a lovely elastoplast inder his alice band!

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Rvp just booked for a bad bumming incident!

He probably needs new laces.

lapsedhibee
17-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Cant believe he never owned up

:agree: Let's hope Moyesie calls for retrospective punishment for the player concerned, as he was suggesting at the weekend for other forms of ungentlemanliness.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Come on you Reds!

:not worth

KazHibby
17-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Thats a fine colour of shirt the manky goelie is wearing, a good away strip colour for the hibees me thinks

ballengeich
17-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Even the ITV analysts are admitting that the goal should have been disallowed. Either the linesman or the extra official behind the goal could have advised the referee what had happened. In practice, the extra officials just allow more opportunities for buckpassing.

KazHibby
17-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Squeaky bumm time mr moyes

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 08:12 PM
squeaky bumm time mr moyes

:lol:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Route one hoofball.

Rooney won't play for Moyes.

Van Persie and Rooney can't play in the same team.

lapsedhibee
17-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Route one hoofball.

I've often wondered what are the alternative routes available, and how are they numbered? Is tippy-tappy football Route Two, and if not what is? :dunno:

nonshinyfinish
17-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I've often wondered what are the alternative routes available, and how are they numbered? Is tippy-tappy football Route Two, and if not what is? :dunno:

They are named for the number of passes prior to a shot on goal.

So Route One = one big hoof and someone sclaffs the ball in the vague direction of the six-yard box.

More cultured football can be termed anything between Route Two and Route ∞, depending on the skill/patience of the players.

Hope that helps.

nonshinyfinish
17-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Is there a standard spelling of 'sclaff'?

If not, why not?

Pretty Boy
17-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't really get where all the United are doomed chat has come from.

Won the league at a canter last year, very good goalkeeper, settled central defence for the 1st time in about 3 seasons, the form midfielder in the league, one of the best forwards in the world and a few players with real potential.

I'd settle for having those problems at ER (albeit on a different scale).

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't really get where all the United are doomed chat has come from.

About 5 miles up the A56 and about 4 miles along the M62.

joe breezy
17-09-2013, 10:03 PM
All the pundits predicting Man City or Chelsea to win the league - I didn't see any predict United

Odd

O'Rourke3
18-09-2013, 07:56 AM
:hijack: Route 1 - Route 4 came from a sixties TV show called Quizball. Competing professional football teams played each other in a knock out tournament. Footballers then and now not the brightest so Route 1 - 1 point was the most common way of trying to score points and goals.
Celtic usually did well since they had the Dentist Jim Craig playing for them.....

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2013, 08:29 AM
:hijack: Route 1 - Route 4 came from a sixties TV show called Quizball. Competing professional football teams played each other in a knock out tournament. Footballers then and now not the brightest so Route 1 - 1 point was the most common way of trying to score points and goals.
Celtic usually did well since they had the Dentist Jim Craig playing for them.....

Route 1 was the hardest, was it not? 1, moderately hard, question. If you got it right, you scored. One can see the analogy with hoofball.

Route 4 was the easiest. 4 questions along the lines of "what colour is the sky?". The other team could challenge but, if they got their challenge question wrong, the atatcking team scored.

Off the bar
18-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I was watching the game last night, and a distant memory surfaced the sort that comes to you and leaves you thinking did I make that up?

So the memory in question is this, Hibs played Everton at ER in a friendly in the late 90's and I seem to recall a young (teenage) fat looking Wayne Rooney playing and getting in a row with Tam McMannus and both having to get subbed off at the ref's request. Can anyone verify this or in my old age have I started to make stuff up?

cheers

_hucks_
18-09-2013, 08:59 AM
I was watching the game last night, and a distant memory surfaced the sort that comes to you and leaves you thinking did I make that up?

So the memory in question is this, Hibs played Everton at ER in a friendly in the late 90's and I seem to recall a young (teenage) fat looking Wayne Rooney playing and getting in a row with Tam McMannus and both having to get subbed off at the ref's request. Can anyone verify this or in my old age have I started to make stuff up?

cheers

Aye, it happened. Rooney was about 15, was proper hot-headed. Game finished 2-2

Off the bar
18-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Aye, it happened. Rooney was about 15, was proper hot-headed. Game finished 2-2

cheers! yeah I remember Rooney getting dogs abuse from the stands for being a wee fat radge, I also remember thinking how much better our promising youngster Tam McMannus looked and how I was proved right, whatever happened to the boy Rooney?

McD
18-09-2013, 01:14 PM

cheers

Think it was around 2001-ish, also remember Rooney stamping on John o'neils's calf after he'd had the ball taken off him

Pretty Boy
18-09-2013, 02:00 PM

cheers

I also seem to remember loads of Everton fans wearing tops with Rooney on the back.

As you say he could only have been 15 but even then was a big deal among the Everton support.

khib70
18-09-2013, 02:04 PM
I also seem to remember loads of Everton fans wearing tops with Rooney on the back.

As you say he could only have been 15 but even then was a big deal among the Everton support.
Remember that game too. Didn't Shrek actually score in it? If so must have been one of his first goals in a first team shirt

Off the bar
18-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Remember that game too. Didn't Shrek actually score in it? If so must have been one of his first goals in a first team shirt

Indeed he did! just found a match report from an everton fan site, although I would take it with a pinch of salt as they state ER is in Glasgow and call refer to our Tam as Mick McMannus!

Garry O and Tam for hibs, with shrek and a late Unsworth pen equalising for Everton.

Shrek subbed off after his confrontation with Tam!

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/02-03/reports/Hibernian%28f%29.asp

silverhibee
18-09-2013, 02:30 PM
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/hibernian-2-everton-2-dpost-3557829

jgl07
18-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Rooney sporting a lovely elastoplast inder his alice band!

He looked like Rab C Rooney.

Dan Sarf
18-09-2013, 04:46 PM
He looked like Rab C Rooney.

:top marks