PDA

View Full Version : NHC Which one was/is best?

whereswallace?
17-09-2013, 02:21 PM
On Monday night football last night, Neville and Carragher got into a wee heated debate about who was the better player from Gerrard, Scholes and Lampard. Carragher rated both Gerrard and Lampard as better than Scholes was which almost caused Neville to have a heart attack then claim Scholes was the best player he ever played with. In my opinion although all great players Paul Scholes was the best centre midfielder Iv ever watched. What's opinions on here?

--------
17-09-2013, 02:29 PM
On Monday night football last night, Neville and Carragher got into a wee heated debate about who was the better player from Gerrard, Scholes and Lampard. Carragher rated both Gerrard and Lampard as better than Scholes was which almost caused Neville to have a heart attack then claim Scholes was the best player he ever played with. In my opinion although all great players Paul Scholes was the best centre midfielder Iv ever watched. What's opinions on here?

Couldn't care less.

And for the record, Billy Bremner or Danny Blanchflower could have played any of those numpties off the park.

END OF.

whereswallace?
17-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Couldn't care less.

And for the record, Billy Bremner or Danny Blanchflower could have played any of those numpties off the park.

END OF.

Say what you think stop sitting on the fence :greengrin

--------
17-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Say what you think stop sitting on the fence :greengrin

And it goes without saying that Paddy Stanton was better than any of them. :cb

1two
17-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Couldn't care less.

END OF.

Haha

This is like when my dad argues with me that there will never be a better boxer than Ali, a better Hibs player than Stanton or a better football player than Pele.

Back on subject though, scholes everyday of the week for me. Followed by a fair bit behind by Gerrard, then closely behind him by Lampard.

Just_Jimmy
17-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Scholes was technically brilliant.
Lampard has scored a ridiculous amount of goals for a modern day midfielder.
Gerrard was a brilliant leader for liverpool.

None of them could match Kev Thomson first time round.

calumhibee1
17-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Don't like him, but I'd have Lampard in my team ahead of both them.

stu in nottingham
17-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd go for Scholes who appears to be very much a 'pro's pro'. I've always felt that Gerrard and Lampard are overrated at the highest level.

brian6-2
17-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Stevie G all day every day.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Scholes.

From about 96/97 to the mid 2000s he was almost unplayable on his day.

Pete
17-09-2013, 02:44 PM
On Monday night football last night, Neville and Carragher got into a wee heated debate about who was the better player from Gerrard, Scholes and Lampard. Carragher rated both Gerrard and Lampard as better than Scholes was which almost caused Neville to have a heart attack then claim Scholes was theas best player he ever played with. In my opinion although all great players Paul Scholes was the best centre midfielder Iv ever watched. What's opinions on here?

Gary Neville actually tweeted that they came to an agreement after the show. After further discussion it was agreed that Chic Charnley was actually better than the three of them.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 02:45 PM
We are not comparing eggs with eggs here, all 3 play different roles within their teams. Lampard and Gerrard are a bit similar in that they get forward much more than Scholes ever did. Gerrard used to drive forward with the ball better than the others, Lampard linked play well and would ghost into the box and score a few, and Scholes sat deeper picking passes and controlling the game.

All 3 scored from long distance, but Lampard has scored more of every type of goal. Who's the best, they all have done great jobs for their respective teams?

If i was pushed it would be Lampard just for the amount of goals he scored.

Bronson
17-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Steven Gerrard for me. Inspirational, all round amazing player, not a weak aspect to his game.

For me he's up there with Zidane as the best midfielder I've ever seen.

lucky
17-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Scholes was the best player out of them all so I voted for him. Always thought Stevie G as overrated and more interested in himself rather than the team. Lamps scored some amount of goals but not the all round player of Scholes.

Mon Dieu4
17-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Can't stand Man U but the Ginger Prince was the only one i liked, quietly went about his business and never wanted to be a celebrity, thought he was a fantastic player, from about 96 onwards he would have been first name on my team sheet if i was manager but only if Paul Holsgrove was injured

Treadstone
17-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Gary Neville picked Scholes. Bit of a shocker that one.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2010/4/17/1271523291302/Gary-Neville-and-Paul-Sch-001.jpg

TheFamous1875
17-09-2013, 03:09 PM
And it goes without saying that Paddy Stanton was better than any of them. :cb

For us young Hibees who never sampled the great man in his pomp, just how did he compare to yer Scholes', Gerard's and Lampard's of today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Geo_1875
17-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Steven Gerrard for me. Inspirational, all round amazing player, not a weak aspect to his game.

For me he's up there with Zidane as the best midfielder I've ever seen.

His major weakness is his inability to stay on his feet when he gets inside the penalty area.

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 03:12 PM
What language was Carragher speaking? He's nearly incoherent!

I could hardly understand what he said.

Mrs R was the same and she's from England!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Lampard for me.

All 3 would be on my favourites list for ew first scorer purposes, couldnae make myself write Scholes' name down before the first leg of the play-off game at Hampden though!

--------
17-09-2013, 03:36 PM
For us young Hibees who never sampled the great man in his pomp, just how did he compare to yer Scholes', Gerard's and Lampard's of today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just said - better than any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaY75jHC-4

Not a lot, and not the best images, but that gives you a wee idea of the man.

Note also how at the final whistle his first thought was to get the team together and go down to where we were standing.

A captain, a gentleman and a very very great player.

One Day
17-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Scholes by a mile

JimBHibees
17-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd go for Scholes who appears to be very much a 'pro's pro'. I've always felt that Gerrard and Lampard are overrated at the highest level.

Agree with that as their tournament performances have shown IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Agree with that as their tournament performances have shown IMO.

As opposed to Scholes?

The_Exile
17-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Depends what you're looking for really, think players, ex players and managers etc will pick Scholes for what he brings to the table for the team. I'd pick Scholes. Having said that, from an entertainment and "fan" point of view, I'd probably pick Gerrard due to the amount of times I've seen him almost single handedly won games in a Liverpool side that wasn't exactly a great team. Only Scholes would get in my top 5 centre mids though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2013, 03:54 PM
They are all poor mens Pat McGinlays! I would be very surprised if any other midfield player has ever been top scorer in a league season for the lesser greens.

hibby rae
17-09-2013, 04:04 PM

If it wasn't for Gerrard Liverpool would have lost the Champions League final to Milan. In my opinion of course.

Bronson
17-09-2013, 04:13 PM
His major weakness is his inability to stay on his feet when he gets inside the penalty area.

Never once have I seen him dive, no idea where you're getting that one from. :confused:

You a utd fan by any chance?

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Never once have I seen him dive, no idea where you're getting that one from. :confused:

You a utd fan by any chance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GKXAKQY-0Y

easty
17-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Scholes for me.

--------
17-09-2013, 04:32 PM

:faf:

Bronson
17-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Hahahahahaha, touche.

Although it still doesn't change my mind, Gerrard is the top dog.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Hahahahahaha, touche.

Although it still doesn't change my mind, Gerrard is the top dog.

Oh he's a good player, but there's plenty more evidence of his diving if you can use google? :wink:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Oh he's a good player, but there's plenty more evidence of his diving if you can use google? :wink:

The last one here is a beauty!

Bronson
17-09-2013, 04:57 PM

I prefer to watch him in live games and judge rather than raid google for clips which distort his game:wink:

Chuck Rhoades
17-09-2013, 05:18 PM
How many of Lampard's goals have been penalties?

Boydyhfc
17-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Paul Scholes.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2013, 06:06 PM
How many of Lampard's goals have been penalties?

i'd go for roughly 50 of his Chelsea goals being pens. I think I've backed him most of the times he has missed too! This seasons Hull one was particularly annoying!

lyonhibs
17-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Not even a question. Scholes by a distance. When Zidane rates you as the best midfielder he has played against, you are onto a good thing.

ronaldo7
17-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Scholes was head and shoulders below the other two in height, however in the art of Football he was miles ahead .