PDA

View Full Version : Life after Sir Tom

Miguel
16-09-2013, 11:33 PM
What happens after Sir Tom 'passes on'
Are there plans in place?
Who will own the club?
Come to think of it, what IS the ownership structure now?

California-Hibs
17-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm sure I heard that when Sir Tom passes on that the club will then go to his son, who is a massive Hibs fan. Could see some interesting things happening spending wise at that time?

SkintHibby
17-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm sure I heard that when Sir Tom passes on that the club will then go to his son, who is a massive Hibs fan. Could see some interesting things happening spending wise at that time?

Who does Sir Tom think he is? This is Hibs, not North Korea!:wink:

GlenrothesHibee
17-09-2013, 05:18 AM
I have been wondering about this also. I would hope the club stays in the Farmer family.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-09-2013, 06:37 AM

Not heard that before

Would be good if true

This also has to be the 3rd thread in as many days that's discussed sir Tom's mortality.....

Poor guy. Hope he doesn't read .net

greenlex
17-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Not heard that before

Would be good if true

This also has to be the 3rd thread in as many days that's discussed sir Tom's mortality.....

Poor guy. Hope he doesn't read .net

I am wondering if this is coincidence. I am sure SirbTom s just fine.

jacomo
17-09-2013, 09:15 AM

Conjecture and speculation.

Don't know how old STF's son is, but if this was true, do you not think he would have some kind of official role with the club now so he could learn the ropes?

Hibercelona
17-09-2013, 09:17 AM
With the money STF has, combined with modern technology, he could probably buy himself another 200 years. :cb

Golden Bear
17-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Who will own the club?

I'm sure a competent investigative journalist will be able to establish the facts.

It's purely conjecture, myths and unsubstantiated rumours that we discuss on Hibs Net after all.

CropleyWasGod
17-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Who will own the club?

The ownership structure is in the public domain. See the accounts and the Annual Return.

Vini1875
17-09-2013, 09:49 AM
I would guess that it would be run in much the same as now. Budget based on income. If the son was a massive Hibby I agree he would already be involved. STF seems content to let RP run things, so it would appear that the real change at ER would come when RP moved on.

Seveno
17-09-2013, 11:46 AM
The chances of his son taking over are Zero.

I would guess that it is more likely that he will place the club in the hands of some form of trust.

Jack
17-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Conjecture and speculation.

Don't know how old STF's son is, but if this was true, do you not think he would have some kind of official role with the club now so he could learn the ropes?

He joined Hibs.net some time ago, he now knows everything there is to know about running Hibs, life the universe and all that. FACT

END OFF

ETC.

heidtheba
17-09-2013, 05:10 PM
He joined Hibs.net some time ago, he now knows everything there is to know about running Hibs, life the universe and all that. FACT

END OFF

ETC.

Indeed! To heck with being fussed about who owns us next, we should get him in as manager! Plenty of sage advice will have been learned from us experts.

heidtheba
17-09-2013, 05:16 PM

END OFF

ETC.

Indeed! To heck with being fussed about who owns us next, we should get him in as manager! Plenty of sage advice will have been learned from us experts.

Jamesie
17-09-2013, 05:42 PM
This was asked at a shareholders' AGM a few years ago. A little crass given Sir Tom was in the room at the time. From memory either Petrie (or it may have been Sir Tom himself) stood up and said Hibs were 'well taken care of' in the event of his passing.

Baldy Foghorn
17-09-2013, 07:18 PM
This was asked at a shareholders' AGM a few years ago. A little crass given Sir Tom was in the room at the time. From memory either Petrie (or it may have been Sir Tom himself) stood up and said Hibs were 'well taken care of' in the event of his passing.

I have asked the same question twice in the last Month, and was given a similar answer to that in bold above......

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I have asked the same question twice in the last Month, and was given a similar answer to that in bold above......

Basically the question was not answered then, you were just fobbed off and told everything will be fine?

jdships
17-09-2013, 07:40 PM
The chances of his son taking over are Zero.

I would guess that it is more likely that he will place the club in the hands of some form of trust.

That is exactly what STF has said to me on more than one occasion ,over the years !

The Falcon
17-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Clearly one of the posters on this site, that know about such things, will step forward and take over the club after Sir Tom.

Problem solved.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 07:47 PM
That is exactly what STF has said to me on more than one occasion ,over the years !

Can you elaborate a little, when you say trust what does that entail? :dunno:

And who would run this trust? :confused:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 07:50 PM

FFS! The man's no even deid yet, and you're already arguing over the will!

jdships
17-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Confused , about what ?
Sounds very clear to me as it did to the others who have heard the same :aok:
The last time I spoke with him he said his intention/hope was to set up a trust company that ensured the future of Hibernian FC was kept in the hands of people who supported and loved the club .

You need to ask the " legal eagles" how that would be done :rolleyes:

jdships
17-09-2013, 08:02 PM
FFS! The man's no even deid yet, and you're already arguing over the will!

:top marks
Am a bit sorry I got involved in this thread as it is all conjecture and is nobody's business really other than STF and the shareholders !!
:agree:

Mibbes Aye
17-09-2013, 08:05 PM

FFS, you wouldn't need to ask stupid questions like those if you had bothered your arse to read the five-year plan :rolleyes:

:greengrin

FranckSuzy
17-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I am a bit uneasy about all of this chat, which has appeared just recently, about takeovers of Hibs, what will happen if and when Sir Tom is not at the helm, etc. Why now :confused:? Is it because the AGM is coming up or are there more sinister moves afoot? It's all a bit unsavoury, IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I am a bit uneasy about all of this chat, which has appeared just recently, about takeovers of Hibs, what will happen if and when Sir Tom is not at the helm, etc. Why now :confused:? Is it because the AGM is coming up or are there more sinister moves afoot? It's all a bit unsavoury, IMHO.

I dont know anything about any takeover Suzy, but i have thought about this for quite a while regarding the clubs future after STF. Now some folk are talking about him falling off his perch, i'm not. He's into his 70s now, and cant go on for ever driving this club forward.

I'd imagine he'd want to retire at some stage, and go live in the sun or something nice like that. My questions about this trust are just that, who runs it and what does it do. I genuinely don't understand how they work?

And unlike jdships, i do think its our business.

FranckSuzy
17-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I dont know anything about any takeover Suzy, but i have thought about this for quite a while regarding the clubs future after STF. Now some folk are talking about him falling off his perch, i'm not. He's into his 70s now, and cant go on for ever driving this club forward.

I'd imagine he'd want to retire at some stage, and go live in the sun or something nice like that. My questions about this trust are just that, who runs it and what does it do. I genuinely don't understand how they work?

Fair enough G :aok: It just seems like there's been quite a few threads recently, all asking the same sort of question, albeit worded slightly differently.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2013, 08:32 PM

I agree that there is a discussion to be had.

However several very similar threads in a short period of time makes me wonder if 'somebody' is pulling the strings. Pretty grubby behaviour if that is the case.

Same goes for the many threads about sectarianism that all popped up about the same time last week as well.

jacomo
17-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Confused , about what ?
Sounds very clear to me as it did to the others who have heard the same :aok:
The last time I spoke with him he said his intention/hope was to set up a trust company that ensured the future of Hibernian FC was kept in the hands of people who supported and loved the club .

You need to ask the " legal eagles" how that would be done :rolleyes:

Blackburn were run by a trust for a few years after Jack Walker passed away. They didn't do anything spectacular but did ok.

But then they sold up to Venkys and disaster ensued. Clearly the trust was not obliged to remain as owners of the club forever.

Personally I'd favour a Barca-type membership model, Wimbledon AFC runs along similar lines I think. It wouldn't make us immune from bad decision-making, but covenants and restrictions could at least protect the club from predators.

Stringer
17-09-2013, 08:56 PM
After sir Tom we will become Celtic B

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Seems to me there are posters who enjoy winding folk up about the future of our club

Jack
17-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I suppose the phrase 'In Sir Tom we Trust' takes on a whole new meaning!

jdships
17-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Blackburn were run by a trust for a few years after Jack Walker passed away. They didn't do anything spectacular but did ok.

But then they sold up to Venkys and disaster ensued. Clearly the trust was not obliged to remain as owners of the club forever.

Personally I'd favour a Barca-type membership model, Wimbledon AFC runs along similar lines I think. It wouldn't make us immune from bad decision-making, but covenants and restrictions could at least protect the club from predators.

Not a money person but think you make some good points in your post :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
18-09-2013, 10:46 AM

However several very similar threads in a short period of time makes me wonder if 'somebody' is pulling the strings. Pretty grubby behaviour if that is the case.

Same goes for the many threads about sectarianism that all popped up about the same time last week as well.

Yep yam mischief making IMO Certainly been a few grenade and run threads such as this.

JimBHibees
18-09-2013, 10:47 AM

Dear oh dear.

MB62
18-09-2013, 01:31 PM

LT'Dodger'F

Ozyhibby
18-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Exactly. Find it all a bit distasteful.