PDA

View Full Version : Best away days?

Bronson
16-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Plan on going to as many away games as I can this season, however I work weekends and can't get every saturday or sunday that a hibs game falls on off.

Just out of interest so I know which ones to look out for, what is generally a good away day that you go to? Not necessarily just results-wise but atmosphere, travelling support size etc as well, just all round most enjoyable.

Tynie is excluded.

green.and.white
16-09-2013, 06:49 PM
We always bring a big support to Fir Park and make a good atmosphere. I love a trip there, especially when we won 4-0 last season!

Avoid Pittodrie at all costs :greengrin

I am looking forward to Fir Hill this season as well.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Motherwell is usually a good trip, usually good games as well.

I am probably in a minority but i always enjoyed Ibrox as well, wouldn't mind a cup game there this season tbh.

B.H.F.C
16-09-2013, 06:53 PM
I always find Fir Park decent. Usually get an open game and usually take a good crowd through.

I also like going to anywhere in Glasgow. Under an hour on the train and plenty places for a few pints before and after in the city centre.

Bronson
16-09-2013, 06:54 PM
We always bring a big support to Fir Park and make a good atmosphere. I love a trip there, especially when we won 4-0 last season!

Motherwell is usually a good trip, usually good games as well.

I am probably in a minority but i always enjoyed Ibrox as well, wouldn't mind a cup game there this season tbh.

Fir Park is one of the away grounds I've visited the most and I have to say it is a good one. Agree with the Fir Hill comment as well, definitely one I had my eye on!

Any others?

B.H.F.C
16-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Was looking forward to Firhill as well. Then they moved the game to a Monday night!

madabouthibs
16-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Pretty much any cup game away is a great day out.

Bronson
16-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Pretty much any cup game away is a great day out.

Aye, Killie away last season was the best away game I've ever been to excluding derbies. Amazing crowd, great atmosphere, great result. Just a cracking day out.

frazeHFC
16-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Inverness, Motherwell and any cup game for me!

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 07:12 PM
When I was young, in the olden days (:wink:), my favourite days out were Tannadice, East End Park, Fir Park and the OF.

Of those, the only one that I genuinely enjoy as more than just an everage away game is Fir Park. In saying that, Rugby Park can often be pretty decent for atmosphere and as a general 'away day'.

THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COW-QQmt6Mw) was a really great day out, before all seated stadia.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Pre-season friendlies down south are always good for a decent atmosphere/weekend away. It'll take something special to compete with the 5 or 6 days we spent in Kiev/Dnipro/Kiev tho!

eastterrace
16-09-2013, 07:17 PM
motherwell is usually a good day out, really liked going to dunfermline but looks like be a long time before back there.

Argylehibby
16-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Kilmarnock and St. Mirren usually decent day out.

7-Heaven
16-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Killie for me.... only pie that doesn't give me Heartburn :greengrin

Billychaotic182
16-09-2013, 08:13 PM
I live in Aberdeen so I do love it when we come up. Although the games are a bit poor.

BroxburnHibee
16-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Old Celtc park was always a good day oot - cracking atmosphere.

Onceinawhile
16-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Fir park is honking imo. The rake of the seats isn't steep enough and depending on the height of the people in front of you, you can struggle to see.

Rugby park isn't brilliant either due to the complete lack of leg room.

Moans aside, I like tynie, Dens park and firhill.

bigwheel
16-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I live in Aberdeen so I do love it when we come up. Although the games are a bit poor.

Aberdeen used o be one of our best supported away games...now it's one of our poorest for some reason

lucky
16-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Scottish cup games and Inverness. ICT is not generally a great game or atmosphere but always a great trip/ weekend

Billy Whizz
16-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Aberdeen used o be one of our best supported away games...now it's one of our poorest for some reason

Because its always on TV at 12 noon on a Sunday

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-09-2013, 08:56 PM
I hope our game through at Motherwell in a few weeks gets changed to a Friday night again. Think that 0-4 JUST edged Killie away in the Scottish for my favourite away day last season

LancashireHibby
16-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Killie in the cup last year was amazing, though the league game there just before Christmas was considerably quieter! The night games at Motherwell the last few years have really developed in to some great atmospheres. Think I'm one of the few people glad of the Partick game being switched to the Monday as well, hotel and trains booked as soon as it moved!

HTD1875
17-09-2013, 12:45 AM
All about firhill this year :flag:motherwell, dunf and cup games tend to be the biggest supported and best atmosphere but the stupid kick off times will soon put a stop to that

Sproule Three
17-09-2013, 02:32 AM
When I was going to away games in 80s and early 90s I always liked going to Dundee. Reckon the Clep bar and the superb steak pies from the butcher next door always had something to do with it.
Liked Darkheid and we sometimes even got a result there. Falkirk and Dumfermline were usually pretty good too .